Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #BnS107 - Fall Designer Showdown
    Your results are now available here
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Allears wrote: »
    @KittKat7147 ! :) Doing good here. Miss LivingSims though. How YOU been? It's really nice to see you! <3

I miss it, too! I had some really great years there, and I really miss the community and the magazine :/ I'm great though :) I worked on my own CC for a while, and now I'm back here more active with BuildnShare again. (I got my start in the sims community here) Glad you found our little corner of the Simmerverse, and I hope we'll see more entries from you in the future!
    edited November 2018
    Important Announcement for All Entrants

Starting with this challenge, #108 Settlement for Simanity, Challenge #109 we are making a change to our entry levels. @RachelShennan messaged us with a good point about the size of the Established category over the past several challenges and asked if we'd ever consider adjusting our categories to make them more competitive. The entire staff discussed it, and we had a few ideas for addressing the issue. We're going to start with creating a new category above Expert called the Master category.
    • We looked at the past 6 months of challenges and have recommendations for entrants who should enter at different levels than they do currently starting with the next challenge. This will likely change even more over the next several challenges.
    • All Expert category BnS judges will now enter in the Master category along with @linday @FaithofKaela @WrathofCath @Ainsleyf and @abelhinha35
    • The following Established category entrants will be promoted to the Expert category: @xamira99 @jhgkjhgkjh @FidgetyAtom @sawdust @Pallystyle
    • Moving forward, we have set a general rule of thumb for promoting category winners to the next level and will be monitoring that closely. If you ever have any questions about why we have not yet recommended you to enter in the next highest category, please PM us to ask for more detailed feedback on your build. The goal at BuildnShare is always to help each other progress and develop as builders, designers, and landscapers.

This is what we're starting with, but we'll look at other options if this doesn't alleviate the issue of the over-sized Established category. Please let us know what you think about this change to BuildnShare! We look forward to your feedback :)

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Since I am all new to this, #108 is my second round at Build n Share.. I am not even sure I am at the established level, it all sounds good to me..I have been building in Sims 4 for almost 2 years, I came late to 4- since I was hanging on to 3 and building worlds for myself there. I think it sounds good.. Maybe I should let you know , after I find out results from #107, since that was my first try at it !

I must say tho I am enjoying Build n Share !

Diane Pinkus
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    This new category seems great @BuildnShare , but the change is a bit sudden imho. I think it should be implemented after the current challenge and not while a challenge is in progress.
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    I am pulling out of this one. I am finding issues with the houses, and I will not submit something that is flawed if I can help it. I have one more set I am working on, but after six attempts... anyway, good luck everyone!! I know everyone has worked hard and it definitely shows!!!
    pronterus wrote: »
    This new category seems great @BuildnShare , but the change is a bit sudden imho. I think it should be implemented after the current challenge and not while a challenge is in progress.

Good point! We'll start the new categories with the next challenge since we're already so far into this one.
    iampes23 wrote: »
    I am pulling out of this one. I am finding issues with the houses, and I will not submit something that is flawed if I can help it. I have one more set I am working on, but after six attempts... anyway, good luck everyone!! I know everyone has worked hard and it definitely shows!!!

Sorry to hear you're having issues @iampes23 . Is is something you could post here and get advice on?
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @iampes23 Take heart, I had to try several times with the budget.. I built the first round of homes and went over budget, I went over the homes several times until I reached budget and was happy with what I built..I am looking at this as a learning experience- from the other builders - ( who are more advanced then me ) I am getting ideas- am learning how to make things work..I started in Sims 4 with the Murkland Challenge..This particular Build n Share reminds me of that-I built for that Challenge it was Fun, But when you have these strict guidelines I know it cam become frustrating- Its only Nov 30th there is plenty of time yet ..

Good luck...

Diane Pinkus.
  • OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
    Hi! I've never done one of these before but it seems fun... How many bedroom is this house supposed to have? Or is there no specification? I couldn't see one written down? Thanks!
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #108 -Settlement for Simanity-

FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    LEVEL: Expert
    ROOM: ▣The Grecos Unit▣
    GALLERY COST: §11,993
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: "The Grecos Unit"
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Grecos arrived to "Sand Haven" after the disaster with some things they salvaged. As Leon sold some paintings too they were able to upgrade the unit to make it more personal and homely. The unit counts with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. A bookshelf, a guitar and a TV help with the family entertainment
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: 13Vader_
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    ysDO4Jf.pngh2Hzdkq.png
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #108 -Settlement for Simanity-

FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    HOUSEHOLD: The Grecos
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Grecos
    ENTRY DETAILS: These are the Grecos, they are the first family that arrived to the "Sand Haven" compound after losing their home in a natural disaster. Leon is a painter and Kalyn is a musician. Kim is their genius daughter. They are happy to start a new as they are positive people.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    TWITTER TAG: 13Vader_
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    vhxvJp2.pnguGz0KjM.png
    OliCait wrote: »
    Hi! I've never done one of these before but it seems fun... How many bedroom is this house supposed to have? Or is there no specification? I couldn't see one written down? Thanks!

Hi @OliCait ! Welcome to BuildnShare :) For this challenge, the number of bedrooms is not specified, but each of the 3 structures must have two beds in them. It's up to you where you put them, and how you lay out the interior space.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    CHALLENGE #108 – SETTLEMENT FOR SIMANITY

FORUM ID: xamira99
    ORIGIN ID: xamira99
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Capsules for Simanity
    LOT COST: Not Applicable
    LOT NAME: Jungle Bungalow
    GALLERY COST: $44,767
    TOTAL COST: Not Applicable
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Capsules for Simanity

ENTRY DETAILS: I’m proposing the Capsules for Simanity to Ms Abby & Mr Tepeu. There’s 4 different prototype proposal to accommodate the Sims in need in any conditions & weather. The Capsules are very practical and can be erected to be transported anywhere in the Sims world to help those in need. Each house has a basic necessity, such as kitchen, bathroom, & room that is suitable for families or singles with a centralisation heater. There’s also a community area for the family to enjoy BBQ, gardening & drying their clothes. For this example, it’s built on a condition for the settlement where a massive flood has destroyed their houses.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Not Applicable
    TWITTER TAG: @xamira_99
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Not Applicable
    TUMBLR LINK: Not Applicable
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    O9nOLWv.png
    7KdtAQO.png

Thanks!
    OID:- x4m1r4
    HVCdrRO.png
    Attention Established Entrants for #BnS107 - Fall Designer Showdown
    Your results are now available here
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Thanks for all the support everyone. I WISH this was a budget issue. Everything looks fine with the lots until I move a family in. Then everything is a disaster. In each build I am finding at least one major flaw. Something I cannot fix. This last one, I tried raising a bed as a loft, but they could not use the bed. The time before, since the three houses were connected, someone I had cooking brought the food all the way from the third unit to the first to cook. I was just not prepared for that. Anyway, I am also packing up to move soon, so I just don't have any more time to fiddle with the builds or start a new one. Good Luck to all those who enter!! I am still watching :D
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited December 2018
    CHALLENGE #108 - Settlement for Simanity
    FORUM ID:JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:jojoMOMSTER
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: (Link Below the Frost Line
    LOT COST: extra
    LOT NAME: Chateau Frise, Brindleton Bay (40 x 40)
    GALLERY COST: 44070
    TOTAL COST:
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ENTRY DETAILS: Subartic theme build for the extreme winter in Brindleton Bay
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no recolours
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    zEBzsZB.png
    DWQNmM2.png
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited December 2018
    FORUM ID: kittkat7147
    ORIGIN ID: kittkat7147
    LOT: Simanity Jungle Shelters
    LOT COST: n/a
    LOT NAME: Belomisia Field Station - Selvadorado
    GALLERY COST: 44,146
    TOTAL COST: n/a
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/mYrxLJE
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    My take on this challenge was that these are emergency survival shelters that need to be modular and quick to assemble. Having lived in a Hurricane-prone area of the country for most of my life, I tried to go for a slightly more aesthetically pleasing FEMA trailer. These jungle shelters have pre-fabbed walls that come in a variety of lengths so that they can be assembled to create shelters of varying dimensions. Regardless of the size of the shelter, the bathroom module is consistent and can be attached to any side wall of the shelter. All units have a kitchenette with table seating. There is also outdoor cooking available at the fire pit between two of the units. These survival shelters are nothing fancy, but they can be a Godsend for families facing great need.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a
    TWITTER TAG: @kittkat7147
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Kitkat's Simporium
    TUMBLR LINK: http://kitkatssimporium.tumblr.com/
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

ppQfWaG.png

jTM1dRq.png
    Post edited by KittKat7147 on
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited December 2018
    oops stray post
    image.png
    The 5th is on its way - I have enjoyed looking at everyone's creations !
    There are so many different wonderful entries !!
    I look forward to the next Build n Share !

Diane Pinkus
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited December 2018
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LOT: Casas Del Oro Norte
    LOT COST: 2,000
    LOT NAME: Slipshod Mesquite, Oasis Springs
    GALLERY COST: 44,950
    TOTAL COST: 46,950
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/7uNVNW4
    ENTRY DETAILS: Casas Del Oro Norte is for financially challenged Sims. With modern homes and facilities to help them get back on their feet. There are plenty of shade trees to help protect from the desert sun.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/glenn.crozier.7

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    mC0hKLt.png
    2IEt4zf.png
    5nd1sli.png

#BnS108 Settlement for Simanity is officially closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    25XVdfZ.jpg

ZH0iOZZ.jpg

vPz5U5r.png
    • Lot size: no larger than 30x40
    • 2 bedrooms (one for Claus's and one for helpers)
    • 2 bathrooms
    • Budget: unlimited
    • Build should include a house, workshop and stable

Room Challenge
    Create the bedroom for at least 3 of Mr. & Mrs. Claus's helpers.
    Budget: 10, 000

Sims Challenge
    Create Mr. & Mrs. Claus and at least 3 of their helpers.

The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday 19th December 2018 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York Time]
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @BuildnShare that challenge poem is an epic piece of creative writing! Bravo! Well done!

I would like to go back to your thoughts regarding the recategorizing.

I’m not sure that the master category is the solution to the established category being so full. I love that you want to honour the true masters in this way! This does not however relate to the huge field that is the established builders. My thoughts are as follows: perhaps you would consider a green hard hat type category meaning everybody starts here for whatever number of builds the judges need to get a sense of the builders consistent output before seeding them. For some builders it might be just one build and then off to the expert category but that would be up to the judges to decide when and where to seed builders. This would leave the starting out category a more consistent field for starting out BnS builders. If builders are seeded rather than suggesting we slot ourselves in it might keep things more orderly and the categories better spaced by avoiding builders defaulting themselves to established.
  • flobobunnyflobobunny Posts: 465 Member
    Budget: unlimited

Music to my ears :*
    As Far as the Sim Challenge - Can one of the Helpers be an Animal ? And - Since I have not done a Sim for any of the Challenges yet, What are the requirements for doing that ? Can they be skilled, Do you need a story with them ?

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top