March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    Hi @BuildnShare here is my entry for challenge 44:

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 44 - This One’s for the Bronies
    FORUM ID: emere
    ORIGIN ID: osiazul
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: The Apple Farm https://www.thesims.com/gallery/FDB7A74A1EF811E685BF496604DFD993
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 46,906
    TOTAL COST: 49,906
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/osiazul/slideshow/apple
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the design of an old southern farm but with the bright colors of the apple color palette. This way the Bronies can feel again at home and joyful with their new beginning. The Bronies can be together inside the house and at the outside, but also each one of them have their own space.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    20-05-2016_3-33-38_zpscfqtvjxb.png
    20-05-2016_2-31-27_zpsgtxxzyui.png
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@FaithofKaela @StSciurus I struggle with the budget :o but farms are always cute, join us @popettypop2012 :#
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    emere wrote: »
    @FaithofKaela @StSciurus I struggle with the budget :o but farms are always cute, join us @popettypop2012 :#

@emere - The budget was a real toughy this time around, but worth the struggle I think!! You're farm is gorgeous :smiley:

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited May 2016
    emere wrote: »

I agree with @FaithofKaela , the budget was tough this time and your farm is awesome, @emere ! :)
    Post edited by StSciurus on
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    CHALLENGE #: 44 - This One’s for the Bronies
    FORUM ID: popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID: popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: The Apple Farm
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6FABE0BE208711E6840A55A400D911F8?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: §3,000
    BUILD COST: §46,850
    TOTAL COST: §49,850
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s373.photobucket.com/user/cillaben/slideshow/Apple Farmhouse

ENTRY DETAILS: Hopefully the Bronies would like this cosy farmhouse with a veggie garden, fishing pond and lots of apple trees. There is also a comfortable outdoor seat to relax on the porch and also a lot of fun things for Blossom to play with.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

05-23-16_111332nbspAM_zpsnixfhfqs.png05-22-16_81329nbspPM_zpshzejxnns.png
    Oh wow @popettypop2012 what an awesome entry!! Can't get over how much you managed to include on such a small budget!!
    Wonderful job, @popettypop2012 ! :smiley: Great use of terrain paint.
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much, @FaithofKaela and @StSciurus
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Good afternoon all, challenge #44 is now closed, but #45v is now live! Have at it xx
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2016
    #45 - Pied à terre

As you breeze through the reception area on your way to the studio, you notice that the coffee table is strewn with fashion and celebrity gossip magazines. You pause for a minute, because Rose usually keeps a wide variety of reading material for waiting clients. Then you notice that on the cover of each magazine is a photograph of former supermodel turned fashion and media mogul, Ute Wagner.

You look up and Rose is there smiling broadly. “Rose, why are there so many magazines…”

“Because she is your next client!” Rose interjects.

And before you can say more, in walks Ms Wagner herself, looking even more beautiful than the photographs. You usher her into the studio. Rose follows with your morning cup of coffee and a tall glass of San Pellegrino water with a single ice cube and a slice of kiwi fruit for Ms Wagner. (“How does Rose know,” you wonder, “what Ute Wagner drinks?”)

“Perfect, Rose!” Ms Wagner says to her with her charming German accent.

“So, Ms Wagner,” you say “how may we help you?”

“Please call me Ute!” Her smile lights up the room. “We have already cast and will start shooting in two weeks, a new season of In or Out, which will be based in Newcrest.”

“I see,” you nod. In or Out is a wildly popular fashion-based reality television show. Ute Wagner is the producer, host and one of the judges.

“Since I will be flying in and out of Newcrest for several months, I decided to buy an apartment that I can use as a pied à terre. It is the top floor of a lovely old 1970’s style apartment building with two spacious balconies. The developers of the building have completely gutted the inside of the apartment, and I need you to create for me a home-away-from-home.”

“Of course!” you say. “What are your specific requirements?”

“Well, let’s see. I will definitely need a decent walk-in closet for my clothes and shoes,“ she laughs. “And an ensuite bathroom to the bedroom. I’ll also need an office. Oh, and a second bedroom and bathroom. My dear friend, Tim Glenn, will be a frequent visitor.”

“Will he be the mentor for the contestants?” you ask.

“You’ve watched the show before!” she exclaims and you find yourself blushing.

“Anything else for the apartment? What about the kitchen?”

“I won’t be doing a lot of cooking myself, but I need a well equipped kitchen for the caterer. And I need a place to entertain, too. Maybe one of the balconies? Well, I’ll leave that up to you. Oh, and because I will be on the top floor, the developer said I could put in a fireplace. I’d really like a fireplace somewhere in the apartment!”

“Great!” you say. “What about style and color? What do you prefer?”

“I’m not fussy. Something modern and comfortable—not too cluttered. As for color, surprise me!” she gives you a wry smile that makes you feel like one of the contestants on her show. “And can you have the apartment ready for me in two weeks?”

“Yes indeed!” you reply as you show her out the door. You realize that you have your own “make it work” moment (in the words of mentor, Tim Glenn) and get right back to your desk to start sketching.

Requirements:

This is strictly an interior design challenge. You can download the apartment building shell here. (The shell uses only base game materials.) None of the exterior walls, wall textures, windows and doors; landscaping; common areas; or front door to the apartment may be changed. The wall height and roof may not be changed either. You may add walls, half walls, interior doors (and interior windows if you need them) to lay out the interior of the top floor apartment. Light fixtures may be added to the apartment balconies (but existing ones may not be changed).

Master bedroom with ensuite bathroom
    Walk-in closet
    Second bedroom
    Second bathroom (full)
    office
    well-equipped kitchen
    entertainment area
    fireplace
    the usual living/dining areas

Budget: §95,000 (This is the budget for the interior of the apartment and is in addition to the cost of the apartment building and 40 x 30 lot. The original building [build cost: §157, 990] was placed on Avarice Acres in Newcrest [§3,000]. You may place it on any 40 x 30 lot, preferably in Newcrest. Make a note of the beginning cost of the lot once the apartment building is placed and before you start building the interior of the apartment. Since Ute has already purchased the apartment, you need not worry about the lot cost or the cost of the lot with the shell apartment building.)

Room Challenge: Create a fabulous walk-in closet for Ute Wagner. Budget: §9,000.

Sim Challenge: Create Ute Wagner with Ambitious trait. Other traits and aspiration are up to you!

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 45 - Pied à terre
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    SHELL + LOT COST: (The cost of the lot + the shell before you begin building)
    BUILD COST: (The cost of the build, not including the lot price + the shell price)
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost, shell cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by. Please note that since this is an interior design challenge, among your images, you need include only one overhead shot of the entire apartment including the balconies—overhead shots of the roof and other floors are not necessary.)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS45

The deadline for this challenge is 8th June 2016
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    I'm super excited about this challenge!
    I'm super excited about this challenge!

We're happy you're excited @TwtyBrd0707 ! We are too! :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
    @BuildnShare Wonderful story for the challenge!! Just one question: do I have to make the sim if I want to participate on the apartment challenge?
    lisi_ja wrote: »
    @BuildnShare Wonderful story for the challenge!! Just one question: do I have to make the sim if I want to participate on the apartment challenge?

@lisi_ja , no you do not have to make the Sim. The Sim and room (walk-in closet) are separate challenges. The main challenge is to design the apartment! :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
    @BuildnShare Thank you for the quick answer! If I am done with my other projects in time I would love to make an entry to your challenge. Thank you for the idea! <3
    edited May 2016
    lisi_ja wrote: »
    If I am done with my other projects in time I would love to make an entry to your challenge. Thank you for the idea! <3

We hope you will have time to enter, @lisi_ja . :smiley: We'd <3 to see what you come up with!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Wanted to give this challenge a shot. but AAAARGH! Trying to get a good layout is hard XD
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
    edited May 2016
    We are really looking forward to seeing your layout, @Lebanna ! :smile:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Haha! Nearly finished my build until I thought: He! Why is there still a stairs going up? Didn't notice a roofterrace....

Yeah... build the entire thing on the wrong floor XD

I don't get it. I placed the lot. I added a family to it, so I could track funds better. Gave them 95,000 after placing lot. All is fine, I have a few k to spare. I realise I'm on the wrong floor. Save every room to the library, remove build, place again, suddenly my family is 6k short...? I am at a loss. Will try again tomorrow

Lebanna wrote: »
    Wanted to give this challenge a shot. but AAAARGH! Trying to get a good layout is hard XD
    You're not wrong there!!! The layout is driving me bananas!!

Haha! Nearly finished my build until I thought: He! Why is there still a stairs going up? Didn't notice a roofterrace....
    Yeah... build the entire thing on the wrong floor XD
    Do'h!! Although when I first read this, I thought that you meant that there was a roof terrace, spent five minutes trying to figure out why my version of the lot didn't have one :smiley:

I don't get it. I placed the lot. I added a family to it, so I could track funds better. Gave them 95,000 after placing lot. All is fine, I have a few k to spare. I realise I'm on the wrong floor. Save every room to the library, remove build, place again, suddenly my family is 6k short...? I am at a loss. Will try again tomorrow
    Hmmm, not sure why that would be? Had you gone into live mode at all??

Hmmm, not sure why that would be? Had you gone into live mode at all??

Nope, not even a moment. I will try something else :) Have all the rooms saved in my library now anyway :) Will reacreate a few more times

@Lebanna , I don't know whether this would make a difference, but the wall height of the top floor is taller than the other three floors. Could that add §§§ to the room when you place it?
    StSciurus wrote: »
    @Lebanna , I don't know whether this would make a difference, but the wall height of the top floor is taller than the other three floors. Could that add §§§ to the room when you place it?

Don't think it should. Wall paper is the same amount $$ on each wall height, but I did thing of that. I will just fiddle on :D

I finally have my layout figured out!! This challenge is awesome :relaxed:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top