Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    @gmcrozier your build is amazing
    Lebanna wrote: »
    @BuildnShare, I trust you slept well. I have another problem. I cannot open my build in the gallery to add my link. I tried it last night and then this morning again. I see that Twin Peaks has been downloaded but the save won't open. I also have tried a new save to the gallery, but it just does the same. I have no mods or cc in my game. :(

Hmm @Issabella14 I searched the gallery for your build, and I can find it, but when I click it to get a link I get:
    2015-05-23%2012_41_10-The%20Sims%20-%20The%20Gallery%20-%20Official%20Site.png

I'll try again tomorrow, but maybe it's a good idea to search the anwers.ea.com forum to see if anyone else had a similar problem
    I also get the "oops" when I click to download it directly. Hope you figure it out! Or maybe someone else has another idea

i searched too and found it but when i clicked on it got the same opps message
  • sportgal18sportgal18 Posts: 113 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #:19 DOUBLE TAKE
    FORUM: sportgal18
    ORIGIN: aronsona28
    LEVEL: Just starting out

LOT NAME: Duplex Dreams

Built on: Brook Bungalow Lot in Courtyard Lane

BUILD COST: $154,377

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/aronsona28/slideshow/Build-n-Share Challenge 19
    LINK TO GALLERY: Don't know how to get it with custom content included in the build

ENTRY DETAILS:

This duplex boasts two units which try to integrate the indoors and outdoors in a modern way. It is built on the idea that each room on the first floor is a type of pod which is connected by walkways to form courtyards which allow in extra light and give each room extra views. There are two courtyards in each unit: a long and narrow one at the front and a square one in the center of each unit. They create the only separation between and otherwise open-plan first floor. The second floor master bedrooms of each unit have a bridge which connects a bedroom section with a nook. Natalia and Matteo's nook serves as a home office while Bianca and Paolo's serves as a workout area for Paolo. Natalia and Matteo are career-oriented and don't plan on having children soon, so their extra bedroom serves as a guest room, while Bianca and Paolo want to start a family immediately, so they have the beginnings of a neutral nursery as their second bedroom. Each unit is a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath home and they share a backyard.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Walls from peacemaker_ic, some paintings are from the MTS4 Sims 2 painting conversions (tukete.tumblr.com)
    CHEATS: Moo and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement

Front of the home

05-23-15_1256nbspPM_zpsjdevfskd.png?t=1432320370

Pool area

05-23-15_110nbspPM_zpsuipiwnwb.png?t=1432320583

Bianca and Paolo's living room

05-23-15_100nbspPM-3_zpscidx1usz.png?t=1432320628

Bianca and Paolo's bedroom

05-23-15_105nbspPM-5_zpsgom32mpt.png?t=1432320628

Natalia and Matteo's living room

05-23-15_101nbspPM_zpsfoe0bo6c.png?t=1432320587

Natalia and Matteo's bedroom

05-23-15_103nbspPM_zps7u8beyev.png?t=1432320589
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:19
    FORUM ID:Liziann1
    ORIGIN ID:DizziSquirrel
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Elm Duplex
    LOT COST: $3.012
    BUILD COST: $151,215
    TOTAL COST: $154,227
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/gp/130211384@N07/8413bV
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have created the 2 young couples a home they can grow into, there is plenty of space to add things, the back of the homes are the hub, adjoining double doors from the kitchen lead to the shared patio, BBQ and pool area. the bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious, with plenty of potential for the future.

SIM: Elm Gemelli
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/gp/130211384@N07/3T1760
    ENTRY DETAILS: seeing double, both sets of twins are identical, right down to the sisters Moles on their faces! only their personalities and clothing separates them

ROOM:NA
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering)
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: YES
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Moo used.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    18014197045_914d0bae76_z.jpg

17987962076_7e2e2a4f43_z.jpg
    Post edited by Liziann1 on
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• kaichen04kaichen04 Posts: 376 Member
    > @Kaile said:
    > OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #: 19
    > FORUM ID: Kaile
    > ORIGIN ID: Hiddensimsrealm
    > LEVEL: established
    > LOT: Land and Sea Duplex
    >
    > LOT COST: 3,000
    > BUILD COST: 149,445
    > TOTAL COST: 152,335
    > ENTRY DETAILS: im sorry the slideshow is all over the place. I take the photos in order, upload them and they get all messed up. Im still new at this and dont know how to fix it....so im sorry. Also I have no idea why the doors wont show up in photos??? so new at this :/ Anyways When deciding how to decorate the interior I wanted to go lilac and aqua to match the dresses. However i didn't want matteo having to live in a purple home. So since I made them the more high end materialistic couple i started putting out purple gems and crystals. Things that were liliac accents. In the end It turned into a ocean theme and I came up with the land and sea duplex :) Obviously since Bianca has the botanist life time wish i gave her a land themed duplex in the colors of brown and green, and natural. I left a lot of clutter in bianca and paolos decor while keeping natalia and matteos decor clean and tidy except for their expensive objects that they are displaying such as their many crystals, and of course a lot of books since natalia is a bookworm. I decided to give bianca the geek trait since she is a collector so she has some geeky furnishings such as action figures, harry potter posters and etc. I made her the less mature sim since natalia is the one whose mature and wanting to start a family.

I am in love with the interior design!
    awh thank you @kaichen04 Im not the best at taking photos....but the lot in game did come out pretty cute <3
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited May 2015
    Kaile wrote: »
    Lebanna wrote: »
    @BuildnShare, I trust you slept well. I have another problem. I cannot open my build in the gallery to add my link. I tried it last night and then this morning again. I see that Twin Peaks has been downloaded but the save won't open. I also have tried a new save to the gallery, but it just does the same. I have no mods or cc in my game. :(

Hmm @Issabella14 I searched the gallery for your build, and I can find it, but when I click it to get a link I get:
    2015-05-23%2012_41_10-The%20Sims%20-%20The%20Gallery%20-%20Official%20Site.png

I'll try again tomorrow, but maybe it's a good idea to search the anwers.ea.com forum to see if anyone else had a similar problem
    I also get the "oops" when I click to download it directly. Hope you figure it out! Or maybe someone else has another idea

i searched too and found it but when i clicked on it got the same opps message

I am quite frustrated, I contact ea yesterday and was disconnected twice, so I gave up. I am reinstalling my sims 4 right now. I hope this will help :)
    Great builds, @Kaile and @sportgal18 :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    I got the oops too @Issabella14 maybe try uploading to the Gallery again?
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited May 2015
    masajo wrote: »
    I got the oops too @Issabella14 maybe try uploading to the Gallery again?

I did try re-uploading but it doesn't work. Game nearly done re-installing, then I will try again :)
    Love your build @liziann1 <3:)

Update: Reloaded origin and sims 4 and now it is all working again. :)
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member

Also I have no idea why the doors wont show up in photos???

@Kaile it's a bug, not your fault (see here). I'd suggest throwing in a couple of additional photos taken when you are down at ground level (you should see the doors when you're on the same level) that are just focused on the entry way, so that they can see they're really there. :)

Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited May 2015
    Thank you @Issabella14 I hope you got your lot value sorted :(

I am going to have a mooch at everyone's entries now, don't like looking before I've entered as I will start panicking!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

Thanks @Issabella14 im glad you got it to work again!
    @BryonyRae thank you for the advice :) ill take some photos tonight and update my entry
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 19
    FORUM ID: misscbong
    ORIGIN ID: misscbong
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Stradbrook Duplex - Gallery Link
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 150,542
    TOTAL COST: 153,542
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s7.photobucket.com/user/misscbong/slideshow/Stradbrook Duplex
    ENTRY DETAILS:

Stradbrook Duplex is designed for two couples who are looking to remain close - but also seperate. Both Sides of the duplex offer spacious and open concept living areas with a half bath on the main floor. The upstairs has a large master bedroom with luxurious ensuite, as well as a second bedroom with attached ensuite. A third room can be used for an office, a den, or even future nurseries!

For the Sim who likes to relax and spend time at home, the backyard is a haven! The large swimming pool is an oasis from the heat. The back patio offers ample space for al fresco dining, BBQing or just relaxing.

Along the side of the house is a private little alley filled with growing vegetables and fruit plants. Perfect for a garden Sim!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

05-24-15_11-38nbspAM.png

05-24-15_11-38nbspAM-3.png

05-24-15_11-51nbspAM-3.png

misscbong wrote: »
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: misscbong
    ORIGIN ID: misscbong
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Stradbrook Duplex - Gallery Link
    BUILD COST: 150,542
    TOTAL COST: 153,542
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s7.photobucket.com/user/misscbong/slideshow/Stradbrook Duplex
    ENTRY DETAILS:

Stradbrook Duplex is designed for two couples who are looking to remain close - but also seperate. Both Sides of the duplex offer spacious and open concept living areas with a half bath on the main floor. The upstairs has a large master bedroom with luxurious ensuite, as well as a second bedroom with attached ensuite. A third room can be used for an office, a den, or even future nurseries!

For the Sim who likes to relax and spend time at home, the backyard is a haven! The large swimming pool is an oasis from the heat. The back patio offers ample space for al fresco dining, BBQing or just relaxing.

Along the side of the house is a private little alley filled with growing vegetables and fruit plants. Perfect for a garden Sim!

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

05-24-15_11-38nbspAM.png

05-24-15_11-38nbspAM-3.png

05-24-15_11-51nbspAM-3.png

Very English.
    edited May 2015
    @kaichen04, I don't seem to find your links in your entry. I would love to see your build :)
    Wow what a lovely duplex @misscbong, love the white trim against the grey brick. <3:)
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    kaichen04 wrote: »
    > @Kaile said:
    > OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #: 19
    > FORUM ID: Kaile
    > ORIGIN ID: Hiddensimsrealm
    > LEVEL: established
    > LOT: Land and Sea Duplex
    >
    > LOT COST: 3,000
    > BUILD COST: 149,445
    > TOTAL COST: 152,335
    > ENTRY DETAILS: im sorry the slideshow is all over the place. I take the photos in order, upload them and they get all messed up. Im still new at this and dont know how to fix it....so im sorry. Also I have no idea why the doors wont show up in photos??? so new at this :/ Anyways When deciding how to decorate the interior I wanted to go lilac and aqua to match the dresses. However i didn't want matteo having to live in a purple home. So since I made them the more high end materialistic couple i started putting out purple gems and crystals. Things that were liliac accents. In the end It turned into a ocean theme and I came up with the land and sea duplex :) Obviously since Bianca has the botanist life time wish i gave her a land themed duplex in the colors of brown and green, and natural. I left a lot of clutter in bianca and paolos decor while keeping natalia and matteos decor clean and tidy except for their expensive objects that they are displaying such as their many crystals, and of course a lot of books since natalia is a bookworm. I decided to give bianca the geek trait since she is a collector so she has some geeky furnishings such as action figures, harry potter posters and etc. I made her the less mature sim since natalia is the one whose mature and wanting to start a family.

I am in love with the interior design!

Hiya @kaichen04 !

Seems your Link is missing from your entry, I assume your forgot to copy/paste it ;)
    As for the doors not showing up, sadly I don't know how this happens. Or why. It helps to go up or down a floor to take a picture of that said door before it disappears. So we can at least see which one you picked :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
    @kaichen04, I don't seem to find your links in your entry. I would love to see your build :)
    Wow what a lovely duplex @misscbong, love the white trim against the grey brick. <3:)

I'll try my hand at a duplex as soon as I finish my pool house. I am slow, I know... :)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited May 2015
    @Issabella14 and @Lebanna there seems to be some confusion here. @kaichen04 has not posted an entry. He quoted Kaile's post and deleted the bottom of the post with the pics and also deleted the end quote. That is why it doesn't have the grey box. His comment is actually the very last line of that post.
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    @Issabella14 and @Lebanna there seems to be some confusion here. @kaichen04 has not posted an entry. He quoted Kaile's post and deleted the bottom of the post with the pics and also deleted the end quote. That is why it doesn't have the grey box. His comment is actually the very last line of that post.

I wasn't a member yet, so links and pictures were not something I could use, therefore I deleted them. I am sorry if that caused any confusion.

@gmcrozier
    edited May 2015
    yes. thank you @kaichen04 and @gmcrozier that was my post. :) you can see the original right under @gmcrozier's entry on page 93 ;)

oh and

since people kept requesting pictures of the doors....here they are:
    05-19-15_11-30nbspAM-2_zpsirtcuesd.png
    05-19-15_11-30nbspAM_zpsgpmlalqy.png
    05-19-15_11-30nbspAM-3_zpsu2pim9sl.png
    05-19-15_11-31nbspAM_zpsifhjd4av.png
    yes. thank you @kaichen04 and @gmcrozier that was my post. :) you can see the original right under @gmcrozier's entry on page 93 ;)

oh and

since people kept requesting pictures of the doors....here they are:
    05-19-15_11-30nbspAM-2_zpsirtcuesd.png
    05-19-15_11-30nbspAM_zpsgpmlalqy.png
    05-19-15_11-30nbspAM-3_zpsu2pim9sl.png
    05-19-15_11-31nbspAM_zpsifhjd4av.png

The windows give it so much light and life!
    @kaichen04, sorry about the confusion of you post, looking forward to see your build :)
  • hirondelle09hirondelle09 Posts: 175 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Hirondelle09
    ORIGIN ID: Hirondelle09
    LEVEL: Starting Out/Established
    LOT: Seeing Double
    LOT COST: $3000
    BUILD COST: $149,171
    TOTAL COST: $152,171
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s280.photobucket.com/user/hirondelle09/slideshow/Seeing Double?sort=6

ENTRY DETAILS: This build is inspired by nature- lush greenery and dark woods. The exterior fits both Bianca and Paolo's nature loving, natural style with it's color palette as well as Matteo and Natalia's clean style with it's modern/contemporary architecture style. The exterior is bright inviting and relaxing, perfect for these two young couples just settling in. There is also plenty of space to expand if their families grow.

The two apartments are completely separate, each with two bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a powder room. They have the exact same layout but are furnished according to the couples' personal style. Matteo and Natalia's side include a living area, kitchen, their master bedroom, a study, as well as a children's room in anticipation for future children since Natalia is family-oriented. For Bianca and Paolo's side, they have a living area, a more professional kitchen for Bianca, their master bedroom, a guest bedroom and a home gym for active Paolo. However, the couples share the backyard, which can be a relaxing and romantic oasis where they can swim, hang out, garden and eat. There is plenty of space in the backyard as well, which makes it perfect for parties- there even is an outdoor bar since Natalia loves hosting plenty of parties!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please! It would mean so much to me to hear your thoughts on this :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used in the build! Used moveobjects, unlockgameplayentitlements and showhiddenobjects cheat.

05-26-15_5-13nbspPM-2_zpsuhhistup.png
    05-26-15_5-18nbspPM-4_zpsdh7jlcjn.png
    05-26-15_5-23nbspPM-3_zps5gw8eqp2.png
    05-26-15_5-29nbspPM-2_zpsiujofrua.png
    05-26-15_5-33nbspPM-2_zps3kcttgpg.png
    05-26-15_5-25nbspPM-2_zpssvdpim3p.png
    05-26-15_5-39nbspPM-2_zpss6vddvbp.png
    05-26-15_5-39nbspPM-4_zps5ntjj0zb.png
    05-26-15_5-42nbspPM-2_zps7mga8yk8.png
    05-26-15_5-47nbspPM-6_zpsxactbepm.png

SIM: Double Twins
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s280.photobucket.com/user/hirondelle09/slideshow/Seeing Double- Twins?sort=2
    ENTRY DETAILS: Natalia and Bianca, Paolo and Matteo. Two sets of twins who fell in love! What could be more perfect? My take on the twins :)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: skin // hair // misc (sorry, I don't have the links to all cc used)

05-26-15_7-26nbspPM_zpszj0fusvo.png
    05-26-15_7-28nbspPM_zpsszep4mlh.png

disneylegacy.jpg?w=764&h=261
  • agusiamalagusiamal Posts: 294 Member
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: @agusiamal
    ORIGIN ID: agusiamal
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Together Forever
    BUILD COST: 151,946
    TOTAL COST: 154,946
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s172.photobucket.com/user/Agusiamal_Aggie/slideshow/Together Forever
    LINK TO GALLERY: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/24B162D003B611E582A0BD43B4501D7D
    ENTRY DETAILS: A two-story duplex for two couples of twins... But they spend most of their time in Bianca and Paolo's part of the house. Don't ask me why... Well, twins like doing everything together, I think. And they like to wash the dishes in bathroom. Well, I won't disturb them. They can do everything they want. It's their life and their home. So happy life, Gemelli Twins!

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: nocc, bb.moveobjects, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement, bb.showhiddenobjects

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

25.05.2015_19-01_zpslhwpjhw0.jpg

25.05.2015_19-01-2_zps8riiwxbk.jpg

49.%20Pool_zpsivxpdj12.jpg

62.%20Night%20bonfire_zpsxfaiihrr.jpg
    Post edited by agusiamal on
    @hirondelle09 and @agusiamal, what amazing builds. You guys are very talented. <3:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top