Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #141 - A Fresh Start
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID: SimTresa
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME:Crick Cabana
    NEW LOT LINK:
    LOT COST: 1,500
    GALLERY COST: 33,039
    TOTAL COST:34,539
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/1xCxt8m
    ENTRY DETAILS: This little blue house may be small and cozy, but it's also comfortable and has all the basics. The bright orange and yellow colors in the living room bring some sunshine into the home. The bedrooms are just big enough to be comfortable and small enough to be cozy wiithout being cramped. The backyard has room enough for a play area and a small garden, which can be extended around either side of the house if some flowers are removed. The extensive flower garden is bright and colorful.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    eOphLyc.png
    vw5JdtT.png
    image.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member

SIM ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #141 - A Fresh Start
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    HOUSEHOLD: Link
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: Janie & Joey are the best of friends . They are like two peas in a pod. Mother & Son growing up together.. Janie was 16 when she became pregnant with Joey. Coming from a wealthy family it was scandalous.. She could Not take the fighting over what she should do from her Parents so she left. Now 7 years later she is grown up & making her own decisions.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please

120579336_2830404067179666_6366050299319033790_o.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=SPDKBzvGq_AAX_kOhCy&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=5cbc9a24695307e9c11aeb0e09f688c4&oe=5F9B7848

120539361_2830362580517148_4754135741226234306_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=ceOJ4DW8SekAX8AlrbF&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=0b8f81d7748fbc8f0ebda3938733493c&oe=5F9AB108
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    #BNS141 A Small Family in Need is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited October 2020
    1C647bf.png?1
    It is time for the designer showcase showdown! Please download the lot from the gallery called Fall Designer Showdown by SimTresa, #bns142.

In the showdown, you have a foundation and seven wall sections, each with a different color swatch. Place the lot on any lot sized 40x30 or larger, in any direction that will fit. Choose ONE of the seven color swatches. You need to use a shade of this color in some way in each of the rooms of your house. Using it on the exterior is optional. Sell the walls after you've picked a color. You may not add anything to increase the size of the foundation given, except if adding stairs makes you add a space. You can build only on the foundation given. You can put walls of any kind and fences anywhere you wish on the foundation.
    Rules:
    *NO changes to the foundation size or shape, except if adding stairs automatically adds a space.
    *Pick only one color to showcase.
    *No basements.
    *You can build in the yard as long as it is not attached to the house. Any required rooms cannot be off of the foundation.
    *You can use any fences, walls, windows, and doors that you wish. You can designate any space on the foundation as a porch or room (so indoor or outdoor space).
    *The lot must be fully landscaped.

The Brief:
    *the budget is $250,000, which includes the lot as is.
    *The house should have:
    *At least 4 separate bedrooms/sleeping spaces
    *At least 2 and a 1/2 bathrooms.
    *A kitchen and place to eat.
    *A Laundry, either on or off the foundation.
    *Any other rooms or areas you wish to include.
    *The build can be as many floors as you want up but no basements.
    *Please include a picture of the ground floor from overhead with the grid on so that we can verify no changes were made to the foundation.
    Due to the nature of the build, there is not a Sims challenge this month.

Challenge due Saturday, October 31st, 2020, no later than 23:59:59 Eastern Daylight Time/New York time. ]/color]
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @ BuildnShare

Is this it ?

The # on the Gallery is different..

120703568_2831189970434409_4955006847324655381_o.png?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=YMxVnN54nSMAX8o1Ruh&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=ba929289c34413589792664d3bb97aa6&oe=5F9DCE07
    @ BuildnShare

Is this it ?

The # on the Gallery is different..

120703568_2831189970434409_4955006847324655381_o.png?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=YMxVnN54nSMAX8o1Ruh&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=ba929289c34413589792664d3bb97aa6&oe=5F9DCE07

Yes, that's it. Sorry about the typo!
    image.png
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    Can we make the foundation taller?
    Can we make the foundation taller?

No, sorry.
    image.png
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    Do we have to sell the 7 swatch walls? or can we keep some/all of them?
    Do we have to sell the 7 swatch walls? or can we keep some/all of them?

:blink: well I guess.if you want to keep them, you can. Just a note, those are to show what colors to choose from, you don't have to use the same wallpaper or shade.
    image.png
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    I dont have "Get to work" pack. Is it problem or not?
    Jazmi1396 wrote: »
    I dont have "Get to work" pack. Is it problem or not?

No, you can use any world and any packs you do have.
    image.png
  • tunafishfishtunafishfish Posts: 10 New Member
    Is CC/recolors ok? I don't have Laundry Day, how literal are we being about a laundry room? If I have a room with hanging clothes, a slop sink, and laundry baskets, would that count as a laundry room for your purposes?
    Is CC/recolors ok? I don't have Laundry Day, how literal are we being about a laundry room? If I have a room with hanging clothes, a slop sink, and laundry baskets, would that count as a laundry room for your purposes?

Yes, cc/recolors are fine, as long as you don't mind that we won't be able to suggest your build for a Maxis fave. There are a couple of base game decorative laundry items if you want to use those, or you can do what you suggested. A mudroom or something else instead would also be ok.
    image.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    I read it as keep the wall of the swatch you are using and delete the others. I used the one I am using in the garden because I didn’t really know what else do with it 🙃
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    @JojoMOMSTER you pick a swatch of your choice and use it in all your rooms in your build only, you can use whatever you wish in your garden :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    I read it as keep the wall of the swatch you are using and delete the others. I used the one I am using in the garden because I didn’t really know what else do with it 🙃

I'm sorry that wasn't clear. You don't need the wall, it's only to elt you know which colors to choose from.
    image.png
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Can we center or move the foundation as long as we do not change the height/size/and shape? Also are pools allowed?
    Can we center or move the foundation as long as we do not change the height/size/and shape? Also are pools allowed?

Yes and yes.
    image.png
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    edited October 2020
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #142 - Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: djsdragongirl
    ORIGIN ID: GrimDragons
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: For The Love of Blue FDS
    NEW LOT LINK:
    LOT COST:
    GALLERY COST:
    TOTAL COST: $235,234
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://ibb.co/album/sjdJsY
    ENTRY DETAILS: For the love of blue is a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath home, with an office/library, music area, sitting area, formal dinning, eat in kitchen, mud room off the hall bathroom with exit to outside. Pool, hot tub, play area and outdoor eating. Master bedroom with bath and private balcony.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

https://ibb.co/W5xD4Cp

https://ibb.co/q7rXmmZ

I am so sleepy, I forgot how to add photos. But one is the front view and the other is a view of the back.
    Now to go work on the one for Sims 3. haha
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 142

FORUM ID: @icanhasims
    ORIGIN ID: icanhassims
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Vacuous Green in Del Sol Valley
    NEW LOT LINK: Party Mansion
    LOT COST: 4,000
    GALLERY COST: 214,331
    TOTAL COST: 218,331
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/142-fall-designer-showdown.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: I imagined three friend living in a party mansion that can host both elegant and somewhat more rambunctious events. To keep the household moving smoothly while the residents are nursing their hangovers, there is a bedroom available for a butler and/or maid.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    PICTURES:
    10-04-20-3-23-11-pm_orig.png
    10-04-20-3-22-57-pm_orig.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    Build Entry
    CHALLENGE #142 – Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmi1396
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Fall Designer Showdown
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F0510080073B11EB891A52514E992084?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Fall%20Designer%20Showdown&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 10,000
    GALLERY COST: 235,299
    TOTAL COST: 245,299
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/U6N9fY8
    ENTRY DETAILS: I love colors of fall, so i choosed orange color. Its a big lot, so i built a family home with many places for resting and a greenhouse, where sims can care about exotic trees and flowers during winter months too.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: I cant ☹ 😊
    Jazmi1396 wrote: »
    Build Entry
    CHALLENGE #142 – Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmi1396
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Fall Designer Showdown
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F0510080073B11EB891A52514E992084?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Fall Designer Showdown&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 10,000
    GALLERY COST: 235,299
    TOTAL COST: 245,299
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/U6N9fY8
    ENTRY DETAILS: I love colors of fall, so i choosed orange color. Its a big lot, so i built a family home with many places for resting and a greenhouse, where sims can care about exotic trees and flowers during winter months too.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: I cant ☹ 😊

image.png
    I made a mistake with previous challenge's tag, typed bsn141 instead of bns141. I reupload the lot now... Sorry. :)
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Question: Is the single square on the left considered part of the foundation, or can it be deleted?

kE53BKu.png
    0o2CUKN.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top