Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @BuildnShare ( " Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS123 when you upload your creations. Any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.
    The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday 7th August2019 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time] " )

I believe this is BnS124...

I don't want anyone confused ...

Thanks Diane Pinkus

@SimTresa - Thank you- I understand....
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    LunalaWolf wrote: »

*to prevent future flooding, the houses need to be built on stilts or foundations at least 8 steps high. No basements, please.
    *since the houses were near the river, try to have a water view (ocean or river ) or add a strip of water down one side of the property.

Can this include terrain manipulation?

Absolutely! Manipulate away!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention EXPERT Entrants for #BnS122 - Summer Camp

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention MASTER Entrants for #BnS122 - Summer Camp

Your results are now available HERE

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Is there any way I could do all 3 sims by making a townhouse situation?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @SyddyB206 Sounds like fun, but for this challenge you'll be limited to building for only one senior.
    According to the rules -
    *choose ONE of the three senior sims to build a house for, making to sure include all their needs/wants in the build.
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    Is there any way I could do all 3 sims by making a townhouse situation?

@Allears is correct. You need to make a single home for just one. :D

• CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    edited July 2019
    BUILD ENTRY FORM
    Challenge: #124 Solving The Seniors Situation
    Forum ID: familysims
    Origin ID: Cambot2201
    Sims 4 Lot Name: DeadGrass Discoveries
    New Lot Link:ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0A37C363B00511E989E2DB45D57D7787
    Lot Cost: 2,500
    Gallery Cost: 60,243
    Total Cost: 62,743
    Link To SlideShow:https://imgur.com/a/XLki1dQ
    Entry Details: I decided to go with Ms. Aibreann Byrne. She has 4 grandchildren, Brant, Brayden, Tessa, and little Alexandra. She has a home on the beach, where she likes to visit the dock with her grandchildren every once in a while. She has her own Greenhouse too, right next to her bedroom. I built the house pretty high, in Brindelton Bay.
    Pictures:
    iLGr0r7.png
    4TcPaEY.png
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    I have a question. Does the build have to have only one bathroom or can I add a second one as well?
    @AlJay The instructions list the "must-haves" for the challenge, but you can always add more if your budget permits! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thanks!
    Welcome to all the First time participants..

I Recommend reading the whole first page of the Challenge..
    There are some important instructions on that page on how to label your build in the gallery, how to determine your budget with the lot price included and there are also tips to help you get the best shots of your creations...

Good luck to everyone & enjoy the challenge.

Diane Pinkus
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Thanks Diane - I’d read the page a couple of times but hadn’t seen the link to taking good screen shots before.....that’s really useful!

I have what is probably a really dumb question though - how do you add a hashtag to a gallery upload? Am I missing something simple? (I couldn’t even find the hashtag on my new laptop keyboard for last entry, now I’ve located that at least!)

Thanks in advance for anyhelp 😊
  • SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    > @AliSim19 said:
    > Thanks Diane - I’d read the page a couple of times but hadn’t seen the link to taking good screen shots before.....that’s really useful!
    >
    > I have what is probably a really dumb question though - how do you add a hashtag to a gallery upload? Am I missing something simple? (I couldn’t even find the hashtag on my new laptop keyboard for last entry, now I’ve located that at least!)
    >
    > Thanks in advance for anyhelp 😊

In the description, you just type the hashtag followed by the game or other characteristic you want it to be known by or found by. I sometimes hashtag a descriptor by typing in #modernhouse or maybe the packs you used, i.e. #gettowork
    I'm GND968 in the Gallery.
    edited July 2019
    @AliSim19 - If you have the build already on the gallery without the hashtag, - It still should be in your saved library.

Just add the hashtag to your saved build Description and upload it again to the gallery...

Its as simple as that...

Diane Pinkus
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Thank you both - I was looking for a specific box or drop down, didn’t think it could be that simple doh!

@Pinkusfamily I know it’s too late for the last challenge but i’ll re-upload in the morning anyway, just for the practise

Much appreciated 😊
  • Nym115Nym115 Posts: 91 Member
    edited July 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #124 - Solving the Seniors' Situation
    FORUM ID:Nym115
    ORIGIN ID:Nym115
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    HOUSEHOLD: Bao Chang
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/isGB3cf

ENTRY DETAILS: Mr. Bao Chang is an elderly gentleman who enjoys practicing martial arts and spending time outdoors. He's also a bit of a do-it-yourself guru. So he's a little stubborn to accept help. As of recently his previous home was demolished in a flood. However, good fortune found his way into his life and with the help of his community he now lives in comfortable stilted cabin where he can view the nearby water safely.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    SV4X9wC.png
    ZSZnZVd.png
    Post edited by Nym115 on
    ae7.gif
    edited July 2019
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Nym115
    ORIGIN ID: Nym115
    ROOM: Citrus Calm
    GALLERY COST: $20,331
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ZvYhQb5

ENTRY DETAILS: A kitchen/family room fit for an elderly sim that likes to relax with a cup of tea or lemonade. The yellow and greens along with wooden panels give the place a sunny and natural vibe. Windows are large enough to take in the beauty of the outdoors.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    xvjFIdJ.png
    4U97UgK.png
    ae7.gif
    BUILD ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Nym115
    ORIGIN ID:Nym115
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Tail's End (Brindleton Bay)
    NEW LOT LINK: Zen Life Cabin
    LOT COST: $3,000
    GALLERY COST: $85,058
    TOTAL COST: $88,058
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/RJkmREg

ENTRY DETAILS: A stilted cabin style home I designed for this rounds Build n Share. A house for an elderly sim who's previous home was destroyed during a flood. This calming lodge includes a yoga/exercise nook with a plethora of sunny colors.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    t5Ifq0i.png
    lCCl5GJ.png
    ae7.gif
  • SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    Love seeing these builds and can't wait to post some!
    I'm GND968 in the Gallery.
  • OccipitalLobeOccipitalLobe Posts: 26 Member
    This has been brought up before, but the instructions say "Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS123 when you upload your creations. Any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged." This is challenge #124. Is the hashtag written in the instructions a typo or should we use the 123 tag?
    edited July 2019
    @OccipitalLobe This was an oversight. It should say to use #BnS124, which is the number of this challenge. :)
    Post edited by Allears on
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    Is it okay to use a couple of the cars from the July build mode update? If I'm going to build high, I might as well use the ground level as a carport!
    @wendyology Of course you can use them! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • OccipitalLobeOccipitalLobe Posts: 26 Member
    Probably a newbie question, but my house's value on the build screen is significantly less than the house's value on the gallery. I was under the impression that the build screen lot value was the house's gallery value + the value of the empty lot. If I were to take the house's gallery value + the empty lot value I'm about 1000 over budget, and I intend to correct this. However, the build screen value is about 12,000 under budget (six times the cost of the lot). What is causing this disparity?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top