August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Build-n-Share Challenge #140 - A Fresh Start ** Due 31st August, 2020**

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 3,457 Member
    Did the results for Gem of a Vaction home Established level, get results yet?

They're coming soon, don't worry. :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    GI89J2M.jpg
    You look up curiously from the doodle you were working on, a possible plan you hope to have the chance to build for a client someday, in time to greet the man who has just entered. His clothing is colorful, but not loud, and he carries a small brown and white dog in his arms. “Hello, Mr. Downey, please come in and sit down.”
    “Hello. I hope you don’t mind that I brought Nefertari with me, she gets anxious when I leave her.” He steps into the room and sits, letting the puppy curl up on his lap, one hand automatically stroking her back.
    “Not at all. What are you looking for?”
    “A fresh start,” he answers honestly. “I moved here to get away from my old life and start over where no one knows me. I have some money saved up from my old job as a vet, and thought the best way to get a place suited for both myself and Nefertari would be to have one built.”
    You nod. “I would like to help. What did you have in mind?”
    “I don’t ask much, the basics of course, at least one bedroom with space to expand if I ever have the family I long for, a library and a small kitchen.
    “Okay, and do you have any color preferences?” You ask next, though you already have an idea what he will say given his style of dress and the trace of an island accent in his speech.
    Stephan Downey looks away for a moment, out the window, before he replies. “I would like bright colors, natural wood and big windows. Near water if possible.”
    “I understand. I think we can manage that. What’s your budget?”
    “I’ve set aside $125,000 for the house and land, will that be enough?”
    “Yes, that should be plenty.”

Note; While this challenge was rewritten with Island Living in mind, it is not required.
    The Brief:
    Budget: 125,000
    Requirements:
    At least two bedrooms
    A library
    A nice kitchen.
    Big windows with a view of water.

Sim Challenge:
    None this time. Stephan Downey and Nefertari are available on the gallery if you would like to download them. There are two versions, one with a dog and one without. Check under the Origin ID SimTresa.

Room challenge:
    Build Stephan’s library. Budget: 10,000

Remember to include the the hashtag #BNS140 with all entries or they will not be judged
    The deadline for this challenge is Monday August 31st, 2020, no later than 23:59:59 New York Time/Eastern Daylight Time
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 60 Member
    Can the library be in the spare bedroom, or does it have to be a second bedroom and a library?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 2,582 Member
    Can the library be in the spare bedroom, or does it have to be a second bedroom and a library?

You can do it either way.
    gHZmPMU.jpg?2
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #138 - A Gem of a Vacation Home

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #139 - Remote Education

Your results are now available here