Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2019
    BUILD ENTRY FORM.
    CHALLENGE #122 - Summer Camp.

FORUM ID: Devilariah
    ORIGIN ID: Devilariah
    LEVEL: Established.
    LOT: It showed up in my gallery =D https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/54BB7B06A36E11E98A8731018BE268BC?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Devilariah&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 9000.
    LOT NAME: Saffierkust.
    GALLERY COST: 189114.
    TOTAL COST: 198114.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/81SCbNh
    ENTRY DETAILS: Pride! Summer Camp, where LGBTQ teens and allies celibrate pride, love, equality and much more.
    Technically pride month is over, but who cares 😋 Awesome that The Sims have added some nice pride items.
    STRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please 🙂
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Devilariah
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Devilaraih
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    G6x4zIx.png
    fRbzD0X.png

Post edited by Devilariah on
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    Well done @Devilariah, out and proud! :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    #BnS122 Summer Camp is CLOSED!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2019
    hMf78uf.png

You take a sip of tea as you gaze out of your office window, relaxing for a minute before you start designing for a new client. But there is a brisk knock on the door before Karla immediately bursts in looking excited and a little stressed out.

"Sorry to disturb you, but they keep saying it is an emergency," she sputters. Karla is Karl's sister whom you’ve taken on as a backup assistant while Karl is taking a well deserved vacation for a few weeks. In retrospect, it may not have been your best idea ever. You make a mental note to remind her to wait for the okay to come in after knocking.

"Who is saying that? What is going on?" you ask, feeling just a little stressed yourself by Karla’s frazzled manner. Karla may be Karl’s twin, but the two couldn’t be more different.

"The..." Karla consults her notebook. "The Costello family. Anthony, Irma, Regina, Maximilian,
    Roberto, and...well, the baby. " She looks up and smiles widely, as if she has done a good job.

"Perhaps it would be easiest if you just let them in." You smile back and can't help wondering what the emergency is.

The dark-haired Costello family piles through the doorway. Karla closes the door a little too hard behind them, and everyone, including you, jumps. The man is tall and thin. The woman, who is holding a sleeping baby. The girl is a lanky teenager in old, faded jeans, and you note that her eyes are glued to her cell phone, tuning out everything around her. The twin boys are clearly dressed to try to mimic their older sister’s style, but they look like they have a bit of baby fat to get rid of in order to pull it off. The baby asleep in the woman’s arms (his mother?) looks just like a little chubby angel.

"Hello, welcome!” you say, trying to put the family at ease. Please have a seat and tell me about yourselves.”

Anthony gives you a firm handshake before taking his seat. You notice gray hairs and fine wrinkles, which were not distinguishable from a distance. When you glance at Irma, you notice she has the same gray hairs and fine wrinkles of age. They’re not elders yet, but they’re not as young as you first thought. The kids all look at the floor, sad and quiet.

Irma takes a deep, breath heavy with sadness and emotion. "We are sorry to burst in on you like this, but we are having a family emergency and desperately need help right away."

Anthony, also clearly fighting back emotion, avoids your eyes for a few seconds as he begins to explain, “The rogue tornado that tore through Sunset Valley a few days ago killed our only son Chip and his wife Delilah. The children, thank goodness, escaped the worst of the storm since they were in class at the Community School for the Gifted at the time."

He shakes his head sadly and looks up at you. "So we are taking the children to raise, but our one bedroom condo in Bridgeport is just not enough space for six people."

"I am very sorry for your loss, but I do agree with you. That condo sounds very cramped," you say sympathetically. "Sounds like you need a new house, and fast."

"Well, yes and no,” he clarifies. “We have a fairly large plot of land with a vacation cabin on it in Willow Creek. It already has two tiny bedrooms - just big enough for two single beds and a dresser in each. A little bathroom, a hallway, and a family room with a small galley kitchen comprise the rest of the cabin. Great for a few days vacation, obviously, but not for constant living," Anthony relays.

Irma chimes in. "We are really hoping you could add at least two more baths, expand the current spaces, and add at least two more bedrooms. And a laundry room is vital - we’re doing laundry constantly with all these precious darlings," she says, gesturing to her new brood.

Anthony adds, "Irma is the best baker I know, so the kitchen needs plenty of counter space, please." Irma blushes a bit with pride and gives Anthony a beaming smile.

"What about style, colors, finishes?" you ask. Irma, obviously the planner of the family, hands you a piece of paper which you start to glance over.

Anthony explains, "Irma made up of a list of our must haves and likes. Our budget is only $135,000. Do you think you can make it all work?" He looks slightly anxious.

You smile reassuringly. "Definitely! We can have the house renovated to your specs in no more than two weeks. Is that soon enough?"

"We really appreciate that!" Irma says, tears welling in her eyes.

Hiding a bit of emotion of your own, you lead Anthony and Irma through the paperwork and begin planning their new family home.

The Brief:
    • You must use the house Rindle Rose which totals §36,774. You have §135,000 to spend in addition to that amount, for a total of §178,000 (rounded up from §177,774).
    • You can place the house on any lot Willow Creek, but you must include the cost of the lot in the §178,000 budget.
    • You can change all of the wallpapers, flooring and interior furnishings as you see fit.
    • You cannot delete the outer walls, but you can completely gut the inside and add walls onto the current exterior.
    • Keep the existing foundation and wall heights the same - these cannot be changed.
    • You can add a basement or upper floor if you wish.
    • The Costellos prefer soft pastels or neutral colors for the living areas and master suite.

MUST INCLUDE:
    • a kitchen geared towards baking, with plenty of counter space.
    • a laundry room.
    • a total of at least three full bathrooms.
    • a total of at least four bedrooms (should be larger than the current bedrooms).
    • a laundry room [Sims 4 - Laundry stuff is not required - be creative with MOO and the objects you have in your game]

Childrens’ Preferences:
    • Regina is into pink, purple, and gold. She enjoys ballet, ice skating, and painting.
    • Maximillian's favorite colors are green and black. He loves football and video games.
    • Roberto's favorite color is blue. He loves Westerns, cowboys , horses, and video games.
    • The baby (can be a toddler) responds well to bright, primary colors. It loves learning toys and teddy bears.

Sim Challenge
    Create the family and show them enjoying their new home. Include their likes, skills, and jobs where applicable. Also show pictures of their clothes.

Room Challenge
    Create a nursery for the baby/toddler. It can be for a baby or toddler of any gender. Keep in mind the preferences as described in the brief.

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Ok, correct me if i am wrong @BuildnShare :

The Rindle Rose house can be found in Willow Creek- Its next to the Pancakes home..

We Have to Only Build in Oasis Springs- But any lot we choose..

Can we build down ? ( as in a basement )

Can we Build up ? ( add a second floor )

But keeping the Original House shell....

Thanks,

Diane Pinkus
    edited July 2019
    I'm a bit confused =B :$
    The story says the family owns a plot of land in Oasis Springs with a cabin on it, wich has 3 small bedrooms amongst other rooms.
    Then in the brief it says to use the Rindle house, which has 2 bedrooms, or is this not supposed to represent the cabin ? ;B
    It is also in Willow creek, but you have to move it to Oasis springs, or can it stay on the lot in Willow creek?
    And it says Laundry room twice in the brief, just a repeat or was one of those supposed to be another type of room? =)
    Can you change/remove the foundation, porch, doors and windows wall height?

Can't wait to get started! veryyyy excited for a new challenge =D
    Post edited by Devilariah on
    13Vader wrote: »
    Well done @Devilariah, out and proud! :)

Yesss!
    Same inspo, both different executions =)
    I love your build! ( your builds always look so amazing.. I'm a fan :P)
    And the rainbow hearts and mailbox... I had no idea they now came in those swatches!
    Wonder if i missed anything else :P
    Devilariah wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused =B :$
    The story says the family owns a plot of land in Oasis Springs with a cabin on it, wich has 3 small bedrooms amongst other rooms.
    Then in the brief it says to use the Rindle house, which has 2 bedrooms, or is this not supposed to represent the cabin ? ;B
    It is also in Willow creek, but you have to move it to Oasis springs, or can it stay on the lot in Willow creek?
    And it says Laundry room twice in the brief, just a repeat or was one of those supposed to be another type of room? =)
    Can you change/remove the foundation, porch, doors and windows wall height?

Can't wait to get started! veryyyy excited for a new challenge =D

________________________________________________________________________________
    So i kinda made a skeleton of the house, is this what you need, minimun?
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/267EB6A5A42A11E9847C4015B8B48D4A?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=Devilariah&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false

:#
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    Does anyone have the original Rindle Rose Home? I have used that lot to build on before, and no longer have it
  • WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    @KitelDesigns if you start your game with a new game instead of uploading an existing game you should be able to fine the existing house. As new game always starts with the basic game layouts that were original designed with the game.
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited July 2019
    @KitelDesigns I found this one on the gallery for you :)Rindle Rose
    Sorry - I was thinking Willow Creek and typed Oasis Springs :/ The Rindle Rose house is in Willow Creek (on a small lot) and can be moved to any lot in Willow Creek you choose. Just be sure to include the cost of the lot in your budget.

@Pinkusfamily You can build up and down - whatever you choose!

@Devilariah I think all the bedroom numbers match in both sections now! The original is TWO bedrooms and the reno should be at least FOUR bedrooms.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Can you change/remove the foundation, porch, doors and windows, and change wall height?

And this? =)

Thanks for te answer, my game is in dutch and the lot names are translated/different so i just wanted to make sure i wasn't using the wrong home :#:p

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Can you change/remove the foundation, porch, doors and windows, and change wall height?

And this? =)

Thanks for te answer, my game is in dutch and the lot names are translated/different so i just wanted to make sure i wasn't using the wrong home :#:p

I'm going to say, based on past reno challenges, Foundations: No. Porch, doors and windows, yes. Wall height: No. @BuildnShare can correct me if I'm wrong.

Also I'd say the laundry thing was a mistake.
    image.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited July 2019
    Wait what? I spent hours making Rindle Rose house makes sense in a desert aesthetic and now has to go back into Willow Creek?

Okay, back to WC
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @JojoMOMSTER I started working on it, But It can be moved, But Now with the update coming next Tuesday ( Its giving us more DeBug Items ) I will work on it closer to its due date....
    @Pinkusfamily I LOVE the plants unlock!
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    can we update the roof line?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    can we update the roof line?

Yes.
    image.png

And this? =)

Just one laundry room. You can change anything except the existing exterior walls, and those can be added to in any way you wish.. Let's keep the foundation and wall height the same (that would be difficult to change in a RL reno without huge expense). I'll update the challenge to reflect this.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • DesignasimDesignasim Posts: 87 Member
    Is it okay to keep some of the bedrooms the same size? (a total of at least four bedrooms (should be larger than the current bedrooms)) I measured them and they are 5x5 and that's on the larger size for a single kids bedroom.
  • thehelperthehelper Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm having trouble finding the lot on the gallery, of course, many come up but none match the price of the one for this challenge would be really helpful is someone could reply to this and send me the link of the house thanks a lot!
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Hi @thehelper. Welcome to the forums. :)@Kementari has found one on the gallery for us. Check it out Here
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    @BuildnShare I don’t think I changed the foundation height but if I did it’s staying how it is. The house has to be moved to another lot “House Move” style and now it needs to be trucked back to WC.
    @thehelper poor Rindle Rose😂 she has “tear down” written all over her

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top