Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: SimsIslandheart
    ORIGIN ID: SimsIslandheart
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD: Faith Tukulti
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS101 - Five by Five (Household)
    ENTRY DETAILS: Faith is not your average young person; her hidden depths give her a unique approach to life and a need to live close in her environment. That said, when she DOES make friends, she makes them for life.

Faith quickly cultivated a mastery of vampire lore out of necessity, but she’s otherwise skilled like any independent, single, young person out on their own. She maintains an excellent level of fitness and well-being (including a fondness for hydrating with orange juice to stave off illness), and she’s quickly working her way up through skills that will help her survive on her own and manage her own home. She’s secretly afraid of thunderstorms, though she will occasionally step outside to yell choice words at the rain when it persists for hours or days and interrupts her exercise schedule.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC - all stock items
    TWITTER TAG: @IslandheartArt
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Islandheart Studio
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    faithsimbanner.jpg
    08-21-18_1-26-29c2a0am.png

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2018
    PearLady wrote: »
    BUILD ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #101 - Five by Five
    FORUM ID: PearLady
    ORIGIN ID: bookmaster325
    LEVEL: IDK, kind of a newb - lol
    HOUSEHOLD: (https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6E4D514F9C2F11E8875941F62AEA24F5

BUILD COST: 17858
    TOTAL COST: 19858

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - http://pearladyplays.tumblr.com/post/176854398370/tried-a-build-and-share-challenge

ENTRY DETAILS: Kind of a modern urban chic vibe, this little starter is just right for the sim wanting a place of her own. Has a small kitchenette with cabinets, a place to chill out on the computer, a book nook--ahem, well, a bookshelf, a separated bedroom with a tv to entertain/learn on top of the dresser drawers (functional), and a full bath (no tub, but has a nice shower) with some extra storage cabinets. This builder has also left a little gift - a pear tree as a welcome for moving into the place.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure, please be kind :worried:
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used, but do use #MoveObjects cheat for some detail work
    TWITTER TAG: ThePearLady
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK: http://pearladyplays.tumblr.com

SPACE FOR PICTURES: An overview of the place (not the grid shot, that's on my slideshow page)
    tumblr_inline_pd9je8G5Oa1szx16w_500.png

And here's my favorite area, perhaps because I want a nap - lol:
    tumblr_inline_pd9jbrKDhO1szx16w_500.pngx

@PearLady - great entry, and welcome to BuildnShare!! You have used the Sim Entry form for your build submission. It's not a huge issue, but if you have time, would you mind swapping it for the build entry form? It has all the relevant info on it.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM)
    FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LOT: https://tinyurl.com/y6u8yt3u
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Oak Alcove
    BUILD COST: 18,435
    TOTAL COST: 19,834
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/8DcjL4v
    ENTRY DETAILS: A very itty bitty house for an itty bitty fear of big things.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Nope!
    TWITTER TAG: @zyddyb206
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: I have one, but it's personal so I won't be sharing it!
    TUMBLR LINK: https://zyddyb.tumblr.com/
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: deHhEU6.png
    TiT1y2Z.png

@SyddyB206 - your gallery cost is down as §18.435, but on the gallery, it is §18,530 - making you §30 over budget honey. Just a heads up.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    @BuildnShare - Thank you for the explanation. I feel more at ease now. <3
    Imagination > Knowledge
    KojiK wrote: »
    Amazing tiny homes, I built my own but wont be participating cause my build has a dining porch attached to one of the main house walls, just letting you know Ill share mine, giving the proper credit

@KojiK - the exterior dining area can be attached to the exterior walls, as long as there are no other walls enclosing it ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Ninnster
    ORIGIN ID: Ninnster
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: No Faith
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS:

Faith came to earth at a young age. She grew up in a loving human family. Her world changed however when her mother was brutally murdered by a vampire. This left her with a deep seeded hate for the vampire culture. Scared the ones behind her mothers death would come for her, Faith ran away. She tends to keep to herself and has developed a distrust of others. If needed though she will fight back. To more easily move unseen among others she uses a human disguise which is kept as plain and inconspicuous as possible so as to avoid attention. The drawback of this disguise is that it doesn't cover up her alien tattoos. For this reason she tries to cover them up with clothing.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: @Ninnster00
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

769swbi.png
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: 4Sanne
    ORIGIN ID: 4Sanne

LOT: Gallery link to 25 Merrylane
    LOT COST: §1.500
    LOT NAME: Streamlet Single
    GALLERY COST: §18.470
    TOTAL COST: §19.970
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: 25 Merrylane

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Welcome to 25 Merrylane. This is just an ordinary little house on an ordinary little street, nothing to make it stand out or attract unwanted attention. This house is carefully designed to look very unsuspicious, while giving our young lady all the advantages she needs when dealing with vampires. For instance, the garlic plants planted right at the foot of all the stairs, so all but the hardiest vampire will think twice before even coming close to any entrance. The windows have been placed to give full view of the outside from every angle. There are also two backdoors to provide multiple escape options in case a vampire may get inside. The second backdoor has two escape routes, in which she will be protected but still able to see if someone is trying to sneak up on her. This leaves her plenty of options to get to safety, just in case. Sidings around the house make sure no-one can be hiding out of sight or around corners. This little house is safe as can be, while still feeling like home.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, just Moo.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    AHrMgCd.png
    1OHuj04.png
    edited August 2018
    HVCdrRO.png
    Attention Established Entrants for #BNS100 – Oceanside Resort - Your results are now available here.
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    Holy cow, I don't envy the judges, so many awesome 5x5 houses!
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Oooh, I ran across a few of the awesome entries for this challenge on the Gallery and dropped by to check out the challenge itself. And so glad that I did, absolutely looooove the description, referring to one of my favourite tv shows and characters! B) Hehe, 'Five by five' is such a classic quote, and I love how you turned it into a build challenge! ;) It's probably too late to create and put in an entry, but I'll give it a shot anyway. :smile:
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Corwim - not too late to enter. Go for it! Doesn't take too long to build a 5x5 house, so give it a go. Would love to see your creation.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Corwim wrote: »
    Oooh, I ran across a few of the awesome entries for this challenge on the Gallery and dropped by to check out the challenge itself. And so glad that I did, absolutely looooove the description, referring to one of my favourite tv shows and characters! B) Hehe, 'Five by five' is such a classic quote, and I love how you turned it into a build challenge! ;) It's probably too late to create and put in an entry, but I'll give it a shot anyway. :smile:

Hey @Corwim!! Lovely to see you drop by here!! Yeah, I wrote this brief, I love Faith (she's actually the origin of my screen name) and when one of the team mentioned doing a five by five challenge, I couldn't get Faith's voice out of my head!! You still have time to get something done for this, the challenge closes at midnight (EDT) tonight! Would love to see your take on this challenge!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • FruUtterFruUtter Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2018
    no entry

Post edited by FruUtter on
  • FruUtterFruUtter Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2018
    no entry
    Post edited by FruUtter on
    FruUtter wrote: »
    CHALLENGE #101 - Five by Five: The Stars and The Moon
    FORUM ID:FruUtter
    ORIGIN ID: FruUtter
    LEVEL: Expert

OMG, @FruUtter - your builds are always so creative! I love this! <3
    edited August 2018
    ATTENTION ALL

The wording for the different entry levels has been updated, we have also added to our rules section. This will come into effect with the next challenge. As always, should you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    All the entries look awesome! I am so looking forward to the next challenge!
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited August 2018

FORUM ID: aricarai
    ORIGIN ID: theplumdot
    LEVEL: Established (?)

LOT: 25 Fleek Street
    LOT COST: §1,500
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby, Newcrest
    GALLERY COST: §18,466
    TOTAL COST: §19,966

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: 25 Fleek Street Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: 25 Fleek Street is a mini mid-century modern home for a Sim just starting out without a huge budget. The interior is decorated in an industrial modern style with a monochrome color palette and pops of color. Outside there is a spacious deck with a BBQ and dining area with a space for your Sim to do yoga. Though this studio is micro, your Sim will definitely feel on fleek living in this sleek little modern abode. #BnS101 #MOO #SHO #microstarter #microhome #starterhome #5x5starter
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC; just #MOO & #SHO

TWITTER TAG: @theplumdot
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: n/a
    TUMBLR LINK: theplumdot
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    42397556860_0cb456ab6a_z.jpg
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Thanks for the encouragement @SoulGal7 and @FaithofKaela ! :smile: Think I'm about done, except for the dreaded playtest phase lolz, let's hope that goes smoothly. :# Wonderful to meet a fellow Buffy fan (well, Faith fan actually :wink: ). Got my Faith sim ready for playtesting duties, though she looks nothing like the actress haha, oh well. :smiley:
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    My Faith was not modeled on Eliza Dosku at all. My imagination took off and I’m still running to catch up with it.
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    @BuildnShare thanks for letting me know! I'll see if I can fix that...
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    @BuildnShare I fixed it, it should be well under budget now!
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    Unofficial Entry

Built for fun and being shared for the same reason! Enjoy, Ro

Tiffany's Lil Gem
    regflPm.png

AtTQCEO.png

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Rostri-Jodu - I just saw this up on the gallery. Wow! That is so cool!
    ATTENTION ALL

The wording for the different entry levels has been updated, we have also added to our rules section. This will come into effect with the next challenge. As always, should you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!

YUUUUUSSSS I can demote myself! :D Seeing as I can't do cohesive interiors to save my life and my terrain paints look like I rattle-canned my lot. XD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top