Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Pallystyle wrote: »

@MeaganJo Your home is so gorgeous! I love the interiors and the flower beds around the trees.

Thank you so much, glad you like it. I was really worried that I wasn't going to make the deadline but hey I made it with flying colors!
    kananmeja you did a wonderful job on your build, good luck!
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #85: Winter Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID:glen1974
    ORIGIN ID:glen1974
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/44FABCC3F65911E782F4E5E9CE364264?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=bns85&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:$8500
    LOT NAME: Hipster House built on Twin Oracle Point in Newcrest
    BUILD COST:$413,374
    TOTAL COST: $421,874
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/fKvRo
    ENTRY DETAILS: For my inspirational object I choose the Raw Antique Teapot. However I thought it could also be a coffeepot and thus I went with a coffeehouse theme for the build. I further expanded this idea by interpreting the idea of a coffeehouse as a hipster home. There are multiple places like this to grab a coffee in real life where the décor is an eclectic mixture of old and new, worn and shiny, industrial and modern. I therefore opted to have a lot of worn brick and dark woods along with metal pipes, antique furniture and cutting edge technology. Mismatched chairs and furniture feature throughout. The idea is to relax in this house as you would in a coffee house, anything goes and everything is hip and cool. And whilst this is meant to be an unpretentious house the very concept of it makes it pretentious I feel!
    This coffeehouse theme continues in the self contained annex. I designed this in mind where you would chill out with friends over a coffee and play a few games. Your friends can also stay over in the guest bedroom.
    Back in the main house there is a large kitchen, separate dining and sitting room area, a designated t.v. lounge, hallway, junk room and bathroom. Upstairs we have the master bedroom with ensuite and walk in wardrobe. 2 further rooms designated as bedrooms 1 for a male child the other a teenage girl. The final room I chose as a study. And finally there is a small family bathroom.
    Outside I have added a greenhouse perfect for growing those hipster herbs and also added a giant game of draughts/checkers and whilst not playable its more for decorative purposes.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC/Recolours.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: [img][/img]PBdYlqP.pngaiJ3edY.png
    glen1974 wrote: »
    glen1974

SPACE FOR PICTURES: [img][/img]PBdYlqP.png

You did awesome Glen, absolutely love the giant chess board, I need to use that someday!
  • rainesrandirainesrandi Posts: 47 Member
    What do I do to add links apparently I haven't been around long enough. I just rarely post I think.
    GrandiSunshine
    How do I enter if I can not attach links?
    GrandiSunshine
  • biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    Is anyone experiencing issues accessing the Community Gallery?
    @biglil711 My gallery is working.
    GrandiSunshine

What do I do to add links apparently I haven't been around long enough. I just rarely post I think.

Because I don't come to the forums very often I have no clue what to do to help you but I did send a tweet to build n share to hopefully alert them that you may need help.
    MeaganJo wrote: »

Because I don't come to the forums very often I have no clue what to do to help you but I did send a tweet to build n share to hopefully alert them that you may need help.

Thank you very much. I have been reading all the rules again.
    GrandiSunshine
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @rainesrandi You have achieved member status now, so you should be able to post links now :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Laebeth wrote: »
    @rainesrandi You have achieved member status now, so you should be able to post links now :blush:

Thank you I will try again.
    GrandiSunshine
    edited January 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID:rainesrandi
    ORIGIN ID: gaminggrandi
    LEVEL:starting out
    LOT :https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8800625EF65611E78DF3E0F9547847F5?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=GamingGrandi&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:$8500
    LOT NAME: Twin oracle -Newcrest
    BUILD COST:289,003
    TOTAL COST: 297,503
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/e4m8t
    ENTRY DETAILS:I chose to turn this home into a "Brown Stone" and use the water can for inspiration. Inside the home you will find a bouquet of colors and rooms full of life and character. The kitchen will excite a sim who likes making beautiful meals and serving their family in the formal dinning room. Stop in the modern day den with a bar. The living room is full of color and life to mimic the flowers outside. There is a computer nich` upstairs in the hall. All the bedrooms are tastefully decorated to allow for a the different sims who will live here. The master bedroom has its very own sun room with a view to enjoy. Attached you will find the lovely and simple rental 1 bedroom apartment with bright white walls and just plain enough to let your mother or father in law live in independently of course.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:none used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 8A9NJQA.png
    W60qDRy.png
    Post edited by rainesrandi on
    GrandiSunshine
    @BuildnShare Alright, I am going to kindly ask for that extension to get the media put together. I have everything done and dusted, house is uploaded to the gallery, all the photos are taken... I just need to organize them into the album and label them.

As it is 3 am here (youngest one is still not sleeping, keeps coughing) I am getting too tired now, so I am going to *try*and get some sleep. Doubt it, but I am too tired in any case.

I hope I read it correct that I just have to let you know here before the deadline, and that I will still be eligible, because if I mess up on this now and miss out I will be devastated!

Have a good night all!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    FORUM ID: JasonAnthonySterling
    ORIGIN ID: TonySterling
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2D60E73BF67A11E7860FE5E9CE364264?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Tonysterling&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $8500
    LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point - Newcrest
    BUILD COST: 765,679
    TOTAL COST: 774,179
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyWorldofSims/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1495572253891527
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the RAW Teapot (COFFEE POT, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Maxis haven't you ever been to England?) To me it fit the house which has a vaguely Victorian feel with the multiple roof lines and large wrap around porch. It also has a very industrial style to it and so I went with a favorite of mine steampunk. The object is also black with a bit of gold trim. I've tried to play of that throughout the build with a darker tone overall and often outright cladding objects in black with gold accenting. I have used the actual object in a couple of places as part of the decor and architecture in a non-traditional form. Tomorrow, I will include additional notes with my pictures in my Facebook gallery linked below- tonight I am too tired, lol.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Maybe :/ LOL

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: There is one piece pictured in my picture files but NONE in the upload. I swapped it out before uploading. It's the Pokemon Screen in the Toddler's room. I think it's the "Room Divider" by Nynaeve Designs on the Sims Resource. Tomorrow when I have more time I'll try looking that up on the TSR and post a link should you want to add it to your build.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

be2hicQ.png

UUVQYZz.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited January 2018
    @biglil711 - to pop a picture here, you need to copy the BBCode link from the picture on imgur you wish to showcase, you can do this by clicking on the picture you want to share, it will bring up a box like this:
    tVvuK5u.png?1
    Click on the copy button next to the BBCode link and paste it in the post you are editing. Hope this helps. We'll give you until midnight EST tonight to get your entry form up!

EDIT: I See you have your entry form in, well done on figuring it out!!

@Laebeth - that's fine, your extension is valid!! Good luck with it!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Challenge #85 - Winter Designer Showdown is now closed

Wow, you guys have really made this round a tough one to judge!!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2018
    #BnS86 - A Library for Newcrest

Karl brings you your morning coffee with a wink, “An old friend is dropping by this morning!”

And before you can ask who, in walks Rose Curtis, your former assistant.

“Rose!” you exclaim, “Or should I say ‘Your Honor’? How delightful to see you!”

“Yes, I can’t believe Doug convinced me to run for mayor of Newcrest, but here I am, hat in hand, so to speak, hoping you can fit in a last minute design assignment.”

“You know I’ll do anything I can. Tell me what you need.”

Rose sits down opposite you and continues, “Well… you’ve probably read in the Newcrest Digest that the main branch of the Newcrest Library was flooded last week when a pipe broke. We managed to save most of the collection but the building will have to be torn down. The town council has come up with §75,000 to build a new library—not on the spot of the original library—but we'd like to build in the new section of town, on the Sandy Run lot, which we've already purchased.”

“What style or architecture were you thinking, Rose?”

“The Town Council wants something ‘modern and progressive’—those are their words. ‘Something that will reflect the forward looking spirit of Newcrest.’ I’m sure you can come up with something.”

“I’ll get right on it!”

“Oh, and there are just a few other requests for this new library. I know most people walk or take public transportation, but the Council would like four parking places in front of the building—or maybe a driveway around to the back with the parking places there. Either would work, I think. And the Council thinks we need to compete with the big book sellers at the mall, so could you include a café area for people to sit and enjoy their books with a cup of coffee or tea and a muffin? I know it’s a silly idea to encourage people to spill coffee and get food all over the library books, but that’s what the Council wants!”

“It does seem to be the going trend in libraries nowadays!”

Rose sighed. “Oh, and Doug is kicking in an additional §25,000 so you’ll have §100,000 to work with. And remember, the city already owns the property so the whole budget can be spent on the building.”

“Two weeks soon enough?”

“You’re the best!”

“No, you are, Rose!”

THE BRIEF:

Build a library for Newcrest on the 20 x 40 Sandy Run lot.

Minimum game requirements for a library community lot:

3 bookshelves
    3 desks
    5 desk chairs
    2 computers
    1 waste disposal
    1 sink
    1 toilet
    2 living chairs
    1 chess table

Additional requirements:

• 4 parking spaces [hint: a typical vehicle would take up a 4 x 6 space *3x5 minimum please*]
    • café area to include seating, a refrigerator, a coffee or tea maker, and a microwave
    • appropriate landscaping

Architecture/interior style: your interpretation of “modern and progressive”

BUDGET: §100,000 (Build cost alone; the Town Council has already purchased the lot!)

Room Challenge
    None this time.

Sim Challenge
    None this time.

A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

The deadline for this challenge is 24th January 2018
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    rainesrandi
    gpoB7ho.png

8A9NJQA.png

You did a wonderful job on your entry, thank you so much for joining!
    JasonAnthonySterling

be2hicQ.png

Jason I am so downloading this gorgeous build and plopping it right down beside my steampunk build just so I can pick it apart and take a real tour. Absolutely love it!
    FORUM ID: Laebeth
    ORIGIN ID: Ninnster
    LEVEL: Expert (dear lord..)
    LOT: Holly Haven
    LOT COST: 8,500,-
    LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point
    BUILD COST: 375,013,-
    TOTAL COST: 383,513,-
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/KBn7y
    ENTRY DETAILS: I used the watering can with the flowers as my inspiration. I used it's primary colors, red and white, for most of the exterior, taking a more literal approach to display the item. For the interior however I tried to rather showcase the feel of the object. Looking at the object I immediately think of key words such as "country", "rustic", "overflowing garden", "romantic" and "soft". These were key words I tried incorporating in the whole build.

The annex is built as a small stand alone apartment. It can be used as a rental, or perhaps the owners has relatives wanting to live close. The couple owning this house do not have children. It's a single couple, with one of them loving to read and write books, hence the library and study. There is also a love for gardening, with the large garden as well as all the indoor plants.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

835ieTe.png
    hYSQUXh.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

We have a very exciting announcement to make, we now have a Discord channel, a place where you can come and chat about everything Build'n'Share, ask for build advice, share screenshots, basically, anything and everything Sims related. Come and check it out here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Laebeth

835ieTe.png

Love it! I am so happy you made it!
    @MeaganJo Thank you hon! I am too! Feeling such a wave of accomplishment. Haha!

I got to finish looking at your house too, the interior is gorgeous. I love the simple elegance of it!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

@MeaganJo Thank you hon! I am too! Feeling such a wave of accomplishment. Haha!

I got to finish looking at your house too, the interior is gorgeous. I love the simple elegance of it!

Awe thank you so much, means a lot!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top