Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    BUILD ENTRY FORM.
    CHALLENGE #118 - Spring Designer Showdown.

FORUM ID: Devilariah
    ORIGIN ID: Devilariah
    LEVEL: Established.
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6AA682FF716611E986530F1E2936D1CC?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Devilariah&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 4.000
    LOT NAME: Chateau Frise, Brindleton Bay, 40x40.
    GALLERY COST: 730.870.
    TOTAL COST: 734.870.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/fI233PV
    ENTRY DETAILS: This was a hard challenge. Deciding how to transform this home. As a goth myself i didn't want to lose the ''goth feel'' of the house to much. I saw the home as romantic and elegant but dark. So i wanted to try and make a romantic and elegant home, but bright. For this i used a lot of white marble, colors (gold,some pastels,some brighter) bridges and a gazebo. Of course as this was a Spring makeover i tried to keep in mind that spring means, warmer weather, means more time spend outside. So i moved the home to the biggest lot size that was allowed to expand the garden🙂. I also chose a spot that was somewhat secluded, spring means everyone will be spending more time outside, so the goths wisely moved away from all those spring-loving, happy neighbours 😋 brrrr... This spot is also perfectly surrounded by beautiful trees and it has a romantic oceanview.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please 🙂
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Devilariah
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Devilaraih
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    eJDdAj2.png
    4d4qkKg.png
  • MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Devilariah - I love all that white trim on the exterior! It's so frothy and lace-like. What pack are those doors from? I need them desperately and don't think I have them?
    owEyOd7.png
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Mikkiness No worries, I can see the Goths loving four bars! ;) The curved walkway is so pretty on your build, and I like the opened up areas inside, and new, lovely details you have added! Thank you for your kind words!
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    edited May 2019
    Mikkiness wrote: »
    @Devilariah - I love all that white trim on the exterior! It's so frothy and lace-like. What pack are those doors from? I need them desperately and don't think I have them?

Thankyou!
    The doors are from Get Famous :)
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    Thanks @Mikkiness 🙂
  • saphiresongsaphiresong Posts: 4 New Member
    FORUM ID: saphiresong
    ORIGIN ID: saphiresong98
    LEVEL: First Entry
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Summer Home (Windenburg 40x30)
    NEW LOT LINK:
    ht tps://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6351C28871AB11E9828C0F1E2936D1CC?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS118&max=50&maxis=false

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ht tps://imgur.com/a/5MEM5bL

ENTRY DETAILS: The Goth's home has got a much more modern look, giving it a new lease of life and much needed update from it's previous look. Keeping in line with the dark colours prefered by the family the house uses a black and white colour scheme, with accents of bright green for a touch of spring. Large windows give the home much more natural light and coupled with plenty of outdoor space give the family a chance to view the surroundings of their new Windenburg home.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    edited May 2019
    Welcome to BuildNshare, @saphiresong.
    FORUM ID: saphiresong
    ORIGIN ID: saphiresong98
    LEVEL: First Entry
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Summer Home (Windenburg 40x30)
    NEW LOT LINK:
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6351C28871AB11E9828C0F1E2936D1CC?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS118&max=50&maxis=false

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/5MEM5bL

ENTRY DETAILS: The Goth's home has got a much more modern look, giving it a new lease of life and much needed update from it's previous look. Keeping in line with the dark colours preferred by the family the house uses a black and white colour scheme, with accents of bright green for a touch of spring. Large windows give the home much more natural light and coupled with plenty of outdoor space give the family a chance to view the surroundings of their new Windenburg home.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please

Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    edited May 2019
    Thank you @Mikkiness !
    SimTresa wrote: »
    @saphiresong, you're missing several parts of the entry form. Even though there's no budget on this one, you still need to include the lot and gallery costs and thier total.

I think she's fine. They are all crossed out for this challenge. I didn't add costs either.
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    BUILD ENTRY FORM.
    CHALLENGE #118 - Spring Designer Showdown.

FORUM ID / ORIGIN ID: Kilra0
    LEVEL: expert
    LOT: Ophelia revival
    LOT COST: 5500
    LOT NAME: Ophelia Villaen
    GALLERY COST: 418,900
    TOTAL COST: 424,400
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://kilra.blogspot.com/2019/05/ophelia-revival.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: For me the Goths and bright sound so out of the line :D that I tried to go for a brighter gothic revival theme. I hope you like it tho it's not the brightest of the transformations. Have fun.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/kilra0
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1.png
    17.png
  • saphiresongsaphiresong Posts: 4 New Member
    > @saphiresong said:
    > FORUM ID: saphiresong
    > ORIGIN ID: saphiresong98
    > LEVEL: First Entry
    > SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Summer Home (Windenburg 40x30)
    > NEW LOT LINK:
    > ht tps://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6351C28871AB11E9828C0F1E2936D1CC?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS118&max=50&maxis=false
    >
    > LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    > ht tps://imgur.com/a/5MEM5bL
    >
    > ENTRY DETAILS: The Goth's home has got a much more modern look, giving it a new lease of life and much needed update from it's previous look. Keeping in line with the dark colours prefered by the family the house uses a black and white colour scheme, with accents of bright green for a touch of spring. Large windows give the home much more natural light and coupled with plenty of outdoor space give the family a chance to view the surroundings of their new Windenburg home.
    > CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    > CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    >
    >

To be on the safe side here's my costs

GALLERY COST:

LOT COST:

TOTAL COST:
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    edited May 2019
    BUILD ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #118 -SPRING DESIGNER SHOWDOWN-

FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    LEVEL: Master
    LOT: "♠Ophelia The White♠"
    LOT COST: § 3.000
    LOT NAME: Avarice Acres
    GALLERY COST: § 595,287
    TOTAL COST: § 598,287
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Tour
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is a make-over of "Villa Ophelia". I went for a luxury "Get Famous" style keeping certain goth vibe, most of the volumes, and adding a basement.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/13Vader_
    TUMBLR LINK: https://13vadersims.tumblr.com/
    K4DoEbx.png1ebOy5A.png
    Post edited by 13Vader on
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited May 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #118 - Spring Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Plateau Place , In StrangerVille
    NEW LOT LINK: Ophelia StrangerVilla
    GALLERY COST: 367,837
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Spring Designer Showdown BnS118
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Renovation of Ophelia Villa... Relocated to StrangerVille . Moved to the Shadey Acres Section of town..This beautiful 3 story Home now is set on the 40 x 30 lot of Plateau Place. "StrangerVille is known for its plateaus and unique rock formations. There is no better lot like Plateau Place to take all of that in. Providing the best views overlooking StrangerVille, this lot was the perfect place to renovate our dream home. Just ignore the strange lights coming from that crater." Knowing the History of the Goths and their Homes throughout the succession of games. I wanted to keep a bit of the Supernatural aura about them. Because the Goth family has featured in so many different games, there have been a variety of different homes for them. Every Goth home, besides the one in The Sims 4, contains its own graveyard. Each of the PC games, plus all the console editions, have shown ghosts haunting the mansions and scaring the inhabitants. Like the Goth's previous residences this home is haunted too.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None Used
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/DianePink
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://facebook.com/Moms-Sims-3-4-Creations-1652411471645604/

60022664_2393407210879356_9218344532821671936_n.png?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-2.fna&oh=95ee1d08731b9231e1c4cad2fd8501b5&oe=5D68CF50

59391459_2390727671147310_4591792679100088320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-2.fna&oh=8d63d881d376ed1f88cc36d2fddd1f6e&oe=5D70E06A

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited May 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    HOUSEHOLD: ~Goth~ Stranger than ever
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: SIM ENTRY CHALLENGE #118
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Goths have relocated to Strangerville to a Renovated Ophelia Villa. Its brighter , and grander.. So Now we have given them a more Stylish make over fitting for their new beginning. ( for me the Goths have always been associated with the Supernatural. I did not want to stray far from their Game History. So in this Make over - I threw in some occult..) This was a Fun make over .There are some surprises for this family.. Mortimer's relationship with Caleb Vatore from Forgotten Hollow has become close. Caleb called him up one day to ask him a serious question..I will never tell if Mortimer took him up on his offer... All I know is Bella finds him more alluring these days..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: YES
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

59853738_2392260130994064_4504108593879973888_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-2.fna&oh=72c2786a04e078a8139726eb1113157a&oe=5D6F4830

mannanna wrote: »
    Thank you @Mikkiness !
    SimTresa wrote: »
    @saphiresong, you're missing several parts of the entry form. Even though there's no budget on this one, you still need to include the lot and gallery costs and thier total.

I think she's fine. They are all crossed out for this challenge. I didn't add costs either.

Sorry, didn't see that.
    image.png
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    edited May 2019
    FORUM ID: Allears
    ORIGIN ID: SassiLassi
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rio Verde in Oasis Springs
    NEW LOT LINK: Goths go Southwestern
    LOT COST: $6500
    GALLERY COST: $271,987
    TOTAL COST: $278,487
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/hoYtdMo
    ENTRY DETAILS: I went kind of crazy on this one. The Goths are experiencing a total life change. The house has been moved to Oasis Springs and redesigned to suit their new southwestern lifestyle! I added to the 2nd floor to be able to put all three bedrooms on one floor, and added a rooftop activity area.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Some of the pictures used are "by reference" (not CC) art by @juwels64.

KLsSYLU.png

GmHXw67.png
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention EXPERT entrants for #BnS117 - The Hawthorne Project - Phase IX
    Your results are now available HERE.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2019
    Don't know where those hanging plants came from as I never touched them. I'll try uploading again.
    So I couldn't fix the plant. Did fix the link so it leads to the version without a floating chimney. :wince;

CH
    [/b]ALLENGE #118 - Spring Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Midtown Meadows
    NEW LOT LINK: Season of Renewal

TOTAL COST:
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/53OOFDc
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Goth house has been redone in bright colors inside and out. I didn't want to completely modernize it, so there are still some Victorian and vintage elements mixed in with the modern plumbing and electronics. The old porches have been replaced with one long porch that wraps around form the front along the left side to the rear.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

vyMDMa2.png
    JrlsxBp.png
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
    5nd1sli.png

#BnS118 The Hawthorne Project IX is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    LVC5oOl.jpg

You lean back in your chair, trying to remember what it was like to be a college student and what you would have wanted. It seems like so long ago, or maybe it’s just so much has happened since then. You’ve grown, you’ve changed, no matter how much you’d like to think you haven’t. Sure, you remember being there, but you just can’t quite imagine yourself back in that old dorm again.

You buzz the intercom. Karl? Do you have a minute?”

“Of course!” he replies, and is in your office a few moments later with notebook and pencil at the ready.

“You went to college,” you say as he takes a seat. It isn’t really a question, more to set the context.

“Well, the community college, yes,” he replies.

You hum thoughtfully, then ask, “So you weren’t in a dorm?”

“No, I had a small apartment with a couple of friends.”

“Well, I’ve been asked to design a new dormitory building for Sim U. But they want something new and fresh for their incoming students. I’ve been trying to remember what it was like living in one. I think it’s just been too long.”

“Well, my niece is a freshman at university this year,” he offers.

“Oh?”

“Yep! The Fighting Gnomes. Go Gold and Green!” he cheers with a laugh, clearly very involved in his niece’s school life.

That’s not too far away, you could drive there and back in a day.

“Karl, I think we need to take a road trip! How would your niece feel if we crashed her place for an afternoon and got some input from the students? I’d like some insight into what their needs are in a dorm space.”

He pulls out his cell phone and hits the speed dial. “I’ll ask her!”

THE BRIEF:
    • Budget: 155,000
    • Design a dormitory for 8 students with the following requirements:
    • 8 single-occupancy rooms
    • Shared lavs/baths
    • Shared kitchen and dining hall
    • Shared common room
    • Space for quiet study
    • Yard space for outdoor activities
    • The design should reflect a fresh new look for the modern student.
    • You can decide whether your dorm is unisex or mixed.

Sim Challenge:
    Create Karl’s niece and at least 3 of her dorm mates, and have them inspect the new building for young-adult approval!

Room Challenge:
    Create a single occupancy dorm room of no more than 15 squares in size (squares can be in any configuration).

GArBA5W.jpg
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Question for clarification:

the dorm room should be 15 squares in size...15 in total?
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    Question for clarification:

the dorm room should be 15 squares in size...15 in total?

Yes.
    image.png
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Oh, plum, I missed the deadline for the Spring Designer Showdown because of work, but this sounds like it's right up my alley, too! (Way too many years living in a dorm room. >_> ) I think I'll get digging ASAP on this one. <3
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Hi folks, your Ophilia Villas are stunning!!’n ❤️No time to get in the game but I do stop by and admire your work when I can.
  • MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    Question - what's the rules when it comes to debug items? Can I decorate my kitchen with free dirty dishes and bottles of olive oil?
    owEyOd7.png
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Mikkiness wrote: »
    Question - what's the rules when it comes to debug items? Can I decorate my kitchen with free dirty dishes and bottles of olive oil?

@Mikkiness You're free to add any debug item to add clutter to your build :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top