Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited October 2018
    Well she is referred to as the middle sister, which suggests to me that Faisal is the teen. 😀
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited October 2018
    CHALLENGE #104 -UNEXPECTED ARRIVALS
    FORUM ID: psykt
    ORIGIN ID: saramonster
    LEVEL: Starting out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/nb-no/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AC35D1B5CB1A11E88CF0526B46B29011
    LOT COST: NA
    LOT NAME: Riverside Roost (Redo/Reno)
    GALLERY COST: 87 933
    TOTAL COST: 87 933
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://psyktsims.tumblr.com/post/178858419574/build-n-share-challenge-104-unexpected-arrivals (Tell me if I need more photos)
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to modernize the home, but still keep the general shape of the home. I added a wraparound-porch while I bulldozed the upper balcony. I expanded several spaces, downstairs and upstairs. I moved the kitchen to the back of the first floor to get a nicer layout. I also expanded it with the thought that maybe the whole family could fit in there, and make many nice meals together. I made a hallway, a new bathroom and a laundry room downstairs. The living room is kinda open plan, and leading to a spacious dining room.Both the living room and the dining room has space for all family members. I reserved the 2. floor to the bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I kept the beige tones in the master bedroom, but "glammed" it up a bit, and also made it feel more relaxing and airy. I added some flowers for a cozy and beautiful vibe.
    NB! I did not include all the bathrooms because they're all pretty much the same.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK: http://psyktsims.tumblr.com
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    tumblr_pgai9jOJw51uz57gao1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pgai9jOJw51uz57gao10_1280.jpg

NB! If this isn't the correct way to do it (I've read all the rules and info, but still a little unsure), I'll just post this just or fun and hopefully get some criticism.
    Post edited by psykt on
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    Welcome to the BnS @psykt :) The comp mainly judged by pictures and the judges ask for a good view of the rooms. Please have a look to the guide.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    CHALLENGE #104 – The Unexpected Arrival

FORUM ID: xamira99
    ORIGIN ID: xamira99
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Sweet Pink Sunnyside
    LOT COST: Not Applicable
    LOT NAME: Riverside Roost
    GALLERY COST: $167,783
    TOTAL COST: Not Applicable
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Sweet Pink Sunnyside

ENTRY DETAILS: I renovated the house by extending the top floor of this shotgun style house and I‘ve redesigned a different floor plan with a new pink paint. I keep some of the old furniture and sell the rest of it. There are 4 bedrooms & 3 bathrooms in total. I decided to give them an open floor plan for the living, dining, & kitchen area. A fireplace is placed to divide the kitchen & the other area. Faisal’s room is located on the ground floor, so that he can enjoy stargazing from the observatory located just next to his room. The room interior design is based on his favourite colour (purple & yellow), full of stars & space art pieces. Nila’s room is located on the top floor and she has a small balcony for her to enjoy the fresh air from time to time. Her room is decorated with her favourite colour (brown & pink) & full of art, crafts and aisle for her upcoming birthday. The twins’ room is located in between Nila’s and the couple’s room. The room is designed based on the colour scheme requested by their aunt. I choose the confetti wallpaper style instead of wall decals for Ayla & Aesha as it gives the room a little bit of style. Saanvi & Luna’s room is located on the new extended floor on the top floor. I give them a fresh new colour & design for the bedroom. There’s a balcony for the couple to enjoy yoga & a walk-in closet next to their bathroom. There’s a small basement for them to store their holiday decorations. At the yard, there’s a small BBQ area for the family to enjoy their weekend & a swing for the little ones. My favourite part of the house is the bedrooms, because each bedroom has their own unique style that represent each of the resident style & interest. :)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Not Applicable
    TWITTER TAG: @xamira_99
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Not Applicable
    TUMBLR LINK: Not Applicable
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    4iciFF9.png
    VJIbBeo.png

Thanks!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited October 2018
    FORUM ID: suepea
    ORIGIN ID: photobella
    LOT: Riverside Roost Revised
    LOT COST: n/a
    GALLERY COST: $166,651
    TOTAL COST: $166,651
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Riverside Roost Revised
    ENTRY DETAILS: Riverside Roost has been updated and revised for the new members of the family. The second floor has been expanded with two additional bedrooms plus a full bath. Balconies and porches have been expanded and the exterior has been updated. A play space and patio have been added for plenty of outdoor fun and entertaining.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: suepeaphoto
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Susan Stein Pszenitzki
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    wFQGhcU.jpg
    4TcfiNb.png
    Post edited by suepea on
    h2xmsbl]
  • soloushensoloushen Posts: 41 Member
    edited October 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Soloushen
    ORIGIN ID: Woofhoof
    LEVEL: First Entry
    LOT: Riverside Roost Remodel
    GALLERY COST: $138,558
    TOTAL COST: $138,558
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/OGZsr1O
    ENTRY DETAILS: A fairly modest remodel, keeping much of the original furniture and room spaces. The biggest change was zoning and extending the ground floor. Open plan living is not ideal with youngsters running around so the living room and kitchen now have walls. The living room is ideal for the family to be together – and the door ensures that little ones stay put!
    There is a new entrance hallway, an ideal place for the large family to store bits and bobs, school stuff and dirty shoes – which helps keep muck out of the house.
    Faisel and Nila have their rooms downstairs, helping them to get peace from the babies. The adults are upstairs next to the babies’ room to ensure they can be cared for during sleepless nights. The upper floor has increased in size slightly to allow for more space and a surprise en suite for the grown ups.
    The soft colour of green, browns and pinks from the original build have been used throughout the public spaces and the master. The existing bathrooms remain in the same place but with extensive redecoration.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    UdH6qb9.png
    cPi0VAt.png

• 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    CHALLENGE #104 - UNEXPECTED ARRIVALS (ROOM)
    FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    LEVEL: First time entering
    ROOM: #104 Unexpected Arrivals
    GALLERY COST: § 20.802
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Living room
    ENTRY DETAILS: We wanted a comfy and safe space for our new kids. Nila loves when we read to her. We love watching movies or playing video games together too. And listening to music, of course. Luna’s gardening is also improving, so she surprises us with some nice shaped bonsais from time to time. We are looking forward to the twins to grow up and join the family for the fun. It’s messy, but it’s our mess and we love it.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: @13Vader_
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: No Facebook
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: IHDzBrj.png7WggFCA.png
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    FORUM ID /ORIGIN ID: kilra0
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Riverside Pearl
    LOT COST: -
    GALLERY COST: 190,750
    TOTAL COST: 190,750
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: visit my blog
    ENTRY DETAILS: I tried to keep as many furniture as possible from the original lot, I recoloured some of them to match them to the new design of the house.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: nocc
    TWITTER TAG: kilra0
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1.png
    27.png

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    So I just had to share a comment I received on this reno...
    TheBrokenMachine86 via Android3 pts9 daysOk, so you should be a professional renovator. Or at least a realtor. Your descriptions made ME want to move in. To a SIMS house...

This made me laugh!
    I think I might be out on this one. Imgur is putting out one error after another. First I had to convince it that downloading 30 screenshots did not make me a robot - and reCaptcha is biased against visually impaired people, by the way. Then it somehow trigged share post while I was downloading another set of screenshots and I couldn't see how to cancel it without leaving the page. Now it won't let me move those images to the right album even when I try redownloading them instead of editing the album. ::throws up hands:: I did get several of the family, so I suppose I could just enter the sims challenge. Would that be all right, @BuildnShare?
    image.png
    SimTresa wrote: »
    I think I might be out on this one. Imgur is putting out one error after another. First I had to convince it that downloading 30 screenshots did not make me a robot - and reCaptcha is biased against visually impaired people, by the way. Then it somehow trigged share post while I was downloading another set of screenshots and I couldn't see how to cancel it without leaving the page. Now it won't let me move those images to the right album even when I try redownloading them instead of editing the album. ::throws up hands:: I did get several of the family, so I suppose I could just enter the sims challenge. Would that be all right, @BuildnShare?

Don't give up! Wait a little while and edit your album to add more pictures. I have gotten to the point where I add them one at a time because they end up all jumbled. Not saying to do that, but just try a smaller amount at a time and see if that works. I would love to see what you have done!

So far everyone has great builds!
  • ChaosSimmer86ChaosSimmer86 Posts: 65 Member
    edited October 2018
    FORUM ID: ChaosSimmer86
    ORIGIN ID: ChaosSimmer86
    LOT: Riveride Re-Roost
    LOT COST: 2.500
    GALLERY COST: 193.034
    TOTAL COST: 195.534
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur
    ENTRY DETAILS: Updating Riverside Roost to fit this unexpected family of six has been a pleasure.
    Saanvi and Luna loved their original house and how well it fit into the neighborhood, so I tried to keep the outside renovations simple. The entryway was pretty much left alone and still has two front doors, one of the features making the house so special. The front porch was expanded to make space for a BBQ and some seating for the family to hang out in the summer. The whole house got a new coat of paint as well as new shingles on the roof. The windows were mostly kept but painted all white.
    The front yard was huge and empty before, so the house was expanded to the right on both floors. There's still enough space in the yard (which has been fenced off to keep the toddlers safe) for a kiddie pool, a swing and of course a telescope for Faisal.
    The inside however has been completely updated and modernized. Walking through the front door, there is a big entry/mudroom with lots of space for all those coats and shoes. Behind that is the open dining room and kitchen. The living room is off to the right in the extension. It is separated into two parts, a lounge/TV area with a fireplace (including the urns of the deceased parents) and a children's area, with a doll house, a reading corner and a table for board games. The whole family space has been designed and decorated in neutral colors, since I didn't want to overwhelm the new parents and have them feel like their entire home is now a playground ;-)
    Going back through the kitchen there is a small laundry and mudroom that goes out onto the back porch. From there you can enter the downstairs bathroom as well as Saanvi and Luna's bedroom, which has been changed completely. The new comfy bed is the center of the room, with an office area to the right and a little beauty station to the left. There's also a yoga mat for active Saanvi to wind down after a tough day with the kids. The colors have been kept light and cool, with blues and soft yellows, to give the room a relaxing feeling.
    Walking up the stairs there is a common area for the kids to hang out, complete with a computer for studying, another reading nook and a little puppet theatre for creative Nila to put on shows for the twins. There's also access to a small bathroom (which is mostly for Faisal) and the back porch with a chess tables.
    The kids' rooms are accessible through a little hallway/walk-in closet. To the very left is the twins room, very pink, very girly, very playful. Creative Nila lives in the middle. She got a new awesome bunk bed with a little sitting nook underneath, as well as lots of space for her arts and crafts. The three girls share a bathroom. And lastly, Faisal's room to the right. It is decorated in his favorite colors and separated into three parts, the bed, the desk and a sofa with TV for him and his friends to hang out and play video games. There's also loads of space pictures everywhere, as well as Faisal's space rock collection and some of his latest science projects.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: nope
    TWITTER TAG: @ChaosSimmer
    TUMBLR LINK: ChaosSimmer86
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (I really wanted to take the pictures with the family in them, but I simply ran out of time on this one)JQ3BDBJ.png
    Iz0g03r.png

Post edited by ChaosSimmer86 on
  • TonyWGusTonyWGus Posts: 8 New Member
    FORUM ID: TonyWGus
    ORIGIN ID: twgusler
    LOT: Riverside Roost
    LOT COST: already owned
    GALLERY COST: 196,678
    TOTAL COST: 196,678
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:h ttps://imgur.com/gallery/xL9kXrI
    ENTRY DETAILS: For the remodel I added two bedrooms and bath to the canal facing side of the home and also added a fourth bedroom to the second floor with a bath as well. The Kitchen was repositioned to open up the house and create a Great Room with the main Living room. A formal Dining room and a family/game room were located where the small bedroom was originally placed.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: h ttps://brazenlotussims4.wordpress.com/, h ttp://peacemaker-ic.tumblr.com/TS4ObjectDownloads , h ttps://plumbobteasociety.tumblr.com/
    TWITTER TAG: twitter.com/TonyWGus
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: n/a
    TUMBLR LINK: tonywgus.tumblr.com
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: h ttps://imgur.com/MU3KScm
    h ttps://imgur.com/mgjDbpS
    iampes23 wrote: »

Don't give up! Wait a little while and edit your album to add more pictures. I have gotten to the point where I add them one at a time because they end up all jumbled. Not saying to do that, but just try a smaller amount at a time and see if that works. I would love to see what you have done!

It's behaving now. Seems somehow the album I was aiming for managed to get itself shared without me noticing. And I finished that set by adding a room's worth of pictures at a time. Did have to refresh a few times to get past more little annoying errors.

image.png
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    TonyWGus wrote: »
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/xL9kXrI
    ENTRY DETAILS: For the remodel I added two bedrooms and bath to the canal facing side of the home and also added a fourth bedroom to the second floor with a bath as well. The Kitchen was repositioned to open up the house and create a Great Room with the main Living room. A formal Dining room and a family/game room were located where the small bedroom was originally placed.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: https://brazenlotussims4.wordpress.com/, h ttp://peacemaker-ic.tumblr.com/TS4ObjectDownloads , h ttps://plumbobteasociety.tumblr.com/
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: https://imgur.com/MU3KScm
    https://imgur.com/mgjDbpS

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    TonyWGus wrote: »
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://imgur.com/gallery/xL9kXrI
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: https://brazenlotussims4.wordpress.com/, http://peacemaker-ic.tumblr.com/TS4ObjectDownloads , https://plumbobteasociety.tumblr.com/
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    MU3KScm.png
    mgjDbpS.png

I am just posting the links and pictures for @TonyWGus as he is a new member :)
  • TonyWGusTonyWGus Posts: 8 New Member
    ;) <3 Thanks so much for the help, Rose @rosemow !
    edited October 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:
    TresaofPern
    LOT: Home Improved
    GALLERY COST: 124, 582
    TOTAL COST: 124,582
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Vc2LCi0
    ENTRY DETAILS: The house received a new coat of paint to make it stand out a bit more, and new, bigger windows to let in more light. Both porches and the second floor balcony were enlarged. A new, single door was added, with the other one replaced by a window so the chess table could be moved out form between the door and stairs. The kitchen was extended across what used to be a hallway and a wall was removed, giving the first floor an open plan. Upstairs, the second floor was enlarged to make room for more bedrooms and a second bathroom.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    r9D4vVr.png
    WBM2dRO.png
    image.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @SimTresa

https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/93BA3235CCE811E880AB77C0F1EC7B3C?category=lots&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=downloads&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=Home Improved&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false

Here you go!

It sounds like you have been having quite a time between imgur and the gallery taking turns.

Nice build! I like what you've done with the place.
    edited October 2018
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    [/b]
    FORUM ID:SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:
    TresaofPern
    Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CA36AE64CCF111E8816A77C0F1EC7B3C
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/bGXu0r5
    ENTRY DETAILS: Luna and Saanvi were High School sweethearts. Neither family approved and pressured the girls to go to different colleges, hoping they would grow apart and forget each other. But that didn't happen. The pair found each other again after college, discovered they were still very much in love, and decided to get married. They had spoken of maybe adopting someday, but never expected to suddenly be the parents of four so soon. While they certainly regret the way it happened, they are both very happy to raise Saanvi's nephew and nieces as their own and wouldn't have it any other way.

As the oldest, Faisal had been prepared to drop out of school to raise his sister, and is very glad he didn't have to. He's still protective of them, one reason he doesn't mind having the room right next to the twins. He secretly feels like he needs to help out around the house and with his sisters so the aunts he barely knows will want to keep him around.

NIla is the quiet one, who finds some measure of comfort in her drawing and painting, which help her cope with her parents' deaths. At first, she believed the accident was her fault because she was angry at her mother and told her to go away that morning. She is beginning to accept that wasn't the case, but the fear of saying or doing the wrong thing in case someone else gets hurt has only added to her shyness.
    Aesha and Ayla turned one during the newly formed family's vacation, and as such are much too young to really understand what is going on. Their aunts and Siblings will do their best to keep the memory of their parents alive for the two littlest girls by sharing stories and pictures, but as far as they're concerned, they've always had two mothers who love them very much.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    oiUl2YC.png
    SLnbsCr.png
    image.png
    @SimTresa

https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/93BA3235CCE811E880AB77C0F1EC7B3C?category=lots&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=downloads&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=Home Improved&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false

Here you go!

It sounds like you have been having quite a time between imgur and the gallery taking turns.

Nice build! I like what you've done with the place.

Yep, and thanks! :)
    image.png
    iampes23 wrote: »

It's behaving now. Seems somehow the album I was aiming for managed to get itself shared without me noticing. And I finished that set by adding a room's worth of pictures at a time. Did have to refresh a few times to get past more little annoying errors.

I am so very glad you made it in time! I can't wait to check it out (imgur is loading the images incredibly slow for me now...).

Question for whomever can answer it: what expansion or pack has the swing set in it? Thanks!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @iampes23 it's from Seasons I think
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    @iampes23 it's from Seasons I think

Yes, it's from the Seasons :)
    OID:- x4m1r4

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top