Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @BuildnShare Murphy 2 family is up with pets, but I can't get the sims 4 website to show anything on the gallery so I can't link 'em XD but they're up there!
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    @masajo I absolutely love your RVs! They look so realistic and the colours are great.
    @abelhinha35 thank you :)
    @Laebeth I love your lodge and the vehicles in front of the RVs!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Thank you so much @Rykel very kind of you :) Your vardos are absolutely stunning, bright and colourful and I love the whole set up of outdoor activities and of course the fortune teller's area :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Can the boys share a bedroom?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    Can the boys share a bedroom?
    Up to you @SyddyB206 :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @masajo thank you for the kind words :)
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS81 - THE GYPSIES

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2017
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS81 - THE GYPSIES

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    I think my entry this round will be JFF, I am never going to make the budget and get the feel that I want. So, I'm just going to keep going until I make it what I want, I am in love with @PersRealmsShadow's little family :kissing_smiling_eyes:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS81 - THE GYPSIES

GArBA5W.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    @BuildnShare Now when the Gypsies results are in I would like to get a few things clarified for me so I know in the future. When I was building I was wondering how important the access to the lot was for the RV's ( the parked truck in my build had a hedge growing right behind it in the street (bugged me) but I wasn't willing to sacrifice $5500 for a lot, lol. I noticed that in the "established" group we all used different lots and mine being the only one in Willow Creek. (close to the doctor) but also the only one without wheels. (they were traveling) My question is, how much impact does the lot surroundings and location have in the judging?
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #82: The Hawthorne Legacy - Part VI
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Room for the In-Laws
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 71937
    TOTAL COST: 74937
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Room for the In-Laws
    ENTRY DETAILS: Alpine style house with garage that's been converted into an in-law apartment
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: absolutely
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: BtshGl0.pngVrCtopw.png
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Great build @Ainsleyf. Your creativity and building ideas are amazing. :)
    mannanna wrote: »
    @BuildnShare Now when the Gypsies results are in I would like to get a few things clarified for me so I know in the future. When I was building I was wondering how important the access to the lot was for the RV's ( the parked truck in my build had a hedge growing right behind it in the street (bugged me) but I wasn't willing to sacrifice $5500 for a lot, lol. I noticed that in the "established" group we all used different lots and mine being the only one in Willow Creek. (close to the doctor) but also the only one without wheels. (they were traveling) My question is, how much impact does the lot surroundings and location have in the judging?
    A very good question @mannanna, and here is our response.

The surroundings don't actually have any impact on the judging, unless, a specific lot is mentioned in the brief. The Gypsie's judging was influenced by the lot layout, rather than the surroundings. The lot should, however blend in with it's surroundings, i.e. a modern skyscraper in Granite Falls would be marked down.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions, just shout.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Aww @abelhinha35 thank you so much!! I will admit my interior suffered because I needed a pond and covered walkway. Needed, I tell you.
    edited November 2017
    The lot should, however blend in with it's surroundings, i.e. a modern skyscraper in Granite Falls would be marked down. [/b]I hope this helps, if you have any more questions, just shout.[/quote]

It does somewhat. So it's more about the style of build. This is another example of what I mean. Here the walkway ends into nothingness but in another lot location it ends at the street. So it doesn't really fit into the surroundings on this lot.
    XZl1SWA.png?1
    OMG @Ainsleyf your build is absolutely gorgeous! I try not to peek at slide shows before I enter my build but I just had to this time, couldn't resist seeing all of it :smile: Really like how you created a pattern with the different roofs. Now I think ugh about my build...
    mannanna wrote: »
    The lot should, however blend in with it's surroundings, i.e. a modern skyscraper in Granite Falls would be marked down. [/b]I hope this helps, if you have any more questions, just shout.

It does somewhat. So it's more about the style of build. This is another example of what I mean. Here the walkway ends into nothingness but in another lot location it ends at the street. So it doesn't really fit into the surroundings on this lot.
    XZl1SWA.png?1[/quote] Yes, that is correct, it is more about the style of the build and ensuring that it blends with it's environment. Your example is fine, we udnerstand that not every lot will have the exact foot path/drive spaces etc.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Wow, @mannanna - Thank you so very much!!! You guys are all so kind! AND I'm sure your build is as wonderful as they usually are, which is pretty wonderful!!
    @BuildnShare Got it :smile:

@Ainsleyf - thanks, I just love, love the outside of your latest build. No worries, I will enter mine, I don't have time to redo it all, haha.
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    FORUM ID: Xraygrl2004
    ORIGIN ID: Xraygrl2004
    LEVEL: Starting Out/Established
    LOT: h.ttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5A989B17CE2F11E788E505A57EEC9667
    LOT COST:$3,000
    BUILD COST:$70,028
    TOTAL COST: $73,028
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: [url] h.ttp://tinypic.com/a/ayttad/2[/url]
    ENTRY DETAILS: A Ranch style modular for the Murphy's and a converted garage for the Otenga's. I kept everything very simple and clutter free. I kept away from rugs due to Maimah's health issues. I figured since she can't do stairs, anything that may trip her could potentially be bad.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    [IMG]ht.tp://i65.tinypic.com/2j2til4.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]ht.tp://i68.tinypic.com/aaj2id.jpg[/IMG]
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited November 2017
    Everybody’s builds for this challenge look really cool!

I have a random note in response to the request from build n share in preferences. (Even though it’s late in the game... lol) I don’t usually have much time, so including some projects with a really small scope makes it easier for me to participate.

Also, having some projects with a big budget would be nice- I like the challenge of small budget builds, but I can jump in faster and build/enter if I don’t have to worry about cost. Which slows the building process down. For example, I saw a different build challenge the day before it was due and was able to quickly throw something together and turned it in just before the deadline. I’m not sure I could have done that if I had the additional challenge of budget.

I do want to enter the room challenges, but not too many people participate, so I would just be entering against myself.
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited November 2017
    FORUM ID: Xraygrl2004
    ORIGIN ID: Xraygrl2004
    LEVEL: Starting Out/Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5A989B17CE2F11E788E505A57EEC9667
    LOT COST:$3,000
    BUILD COST:$70,028
    TOTAL COST: $73,028
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: [url] http://tinypic.com/a/ayttad/2[/url]
    ENTRY DETAILS: A Ranch style modular for the Murphy's and a converted garage for the Otenga's. I kept everything very simple and clutter free. I kept away from rugs due to Maimah's health issues. I figured since she can't do stairs, anything that may trip her could potentially be bad.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    2j2til4.jpg
    aaj2id.jpg

Post edited by masajo on
    uzE2H1V.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file