Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @BuildnShare did I understand it wrong but I thought we have to build the home at Slipshod Mesquite in Oasis Springs?
    @popettypop2012 - Yep, absolutely correct!
    @FoundMarbles Thank for your reply. I was worried I missed something. I just want to make sure it's the right place and the lot cost is 2000 simoleons. I just noticed someone's lot cost more than that, so I thought...shouldn't everyone's lots cost the same?
    @popettypop2012 - And yes, the lot cost is $2,000. Thanks for helping out @FoundMarbles :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited April 2017
    Welcome to @BuildnShare @abelhinha35!! For your creation to be able to be judged, we will need a media slideshow from you, as this is how we judge all of our builds here at BuildnShare. We recommend using something like imgur, photobucket or flickr, or even just google images. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks @BuildnShare, but for some reason I cannot edit my post to put the links. I don't know what is wrong with my account but something weird is going on. Does anyone have any suggestions for me :(

Update: It was my browser all a long. So glad everything is back to normal :)
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Welcome to @BuildnShare @abelhinha35!! For your creation to be able to be judged, we will need a media slideshow from you, as this is how we judge all of our builds here at BuildnShare. We recommend using something like imgur, photobucket or flickr, or even just google images. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks @BuildnShare, but for some reason I cannot edit my post to put the links. I don't know what is wrong with my account but something weird is going on. Does anyone have any suggestions for me :(

@BuildnShare I am posting the link to @abelhinha35 build for the current challenge until such time her issues with uploading links is sorted out. She phoned me today and I gladly assist. :)

Here is her link: Click
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Wow I am blown away by everyone's entries! They are all so beautiful! I'm sure this will be a tough one to judge for @BuildnShare Wonderful job everyone! :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    I'm with you 100% @lisa17ann. Amazing entries. Almost impossible to believe they're all from the same footprint. Incredibly creative group here!
    Zita1966z wrote: »

@BuildnShare I am posting the link to @abelhinha35 build for the current challenge until such time her issues with uploading links is sorted out. She phoned me today and I gladly assist. :)

Here is her link: Click
    Thank you for your assistance @Zita1966z! That was very kind of you. Also @abelhinha35, we need your lot costings, the lot cost for Slipshod Mesquite was $2,000, but your entry form needs to have that information in it. Sorry for being a nitpicker.....

GArBA5W.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@popettypop2012 Love your build! That sand box is excellent, I had not thought of creating my own and it's an imaginative use for terrain paint. I also like that all your drapes fit! I have concluded I need to choose my drapes and the find windows that fit them. With Sims builds, I often find carts must come before the horses. Your landscaping is beautiful. That is my weak spot! I build the house and the landscaping is an after thought. I tried hard this time to get landscaping right but nothing like you have done, BEA-U-TI-FUL!!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Here is her link: Click[/quote]

That is a great lot! I'm glad you put in the link for her. I just love seeing what people do with the challenges. Everyone is so different! I learn so much from just watching what others do!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    @folala , try glancing through some architectural mags! Some of the real life works will knock your socks off! I love looking at those publications. In many cases, they can also inspire landscaping. Many are online now. Better still search for architectural competitions and winners. As for me this round, I think I've really been out classed! Still, I very much look forward to the comments and advice.

Thanks @FoundMarbles :) I finally built something but still have to test & photograph it, hopefully by tomorrow. Don't count yourself out just yet! Your build is lovely. I really like the toddler area & the kitchen & living area décor is fab. But definitely, the feedback is really helpful.
    Sorry about that @BuildnShare. Will have it up tonight :)
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much for your kind comments, @onehummingbird and @FoundMarbles.

Your builds are really beautiful and very creative as well.

@e1990r
    e1990r wrote: »
    Okay... I made my pool MUCH smaller so I can have the well. Now I need to go through and play test everything I changed/ moved..... again.
    I like to have my builds playable because I do use them for myself. Also, I find it annoying when I download a house and it is not playable.

Son of a gun! I had no idea the blinds were interactive, this is very good news, indeed! I must get my Family to try the blinds. (Though they are not always obedient to my commands!)

• WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 67 - Footprints In The Sand
    FORUM ID: Wildling
    ORIGIN ID: theWildlings
    LEVEL: I was told to try Expert and so I will... but I don't feel confident at all!!
    LOT: Oasis Family Getaway
    LOT COST: $2000
    BUILD COST: $115044
    TOTAL COST: $117044
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/0O0br

ENTRY DETAILS: First of all, I must say I love the storytelling for this challenge!! Although sometimes I get a little confused with the storylines.

This took me so long! I have discovered my building style to be very very much trial and error. Landscaping and big backyards are big challenges I should work more on.

I decided to contrast a more modern exterior and a slightly bohemian, eclectic (is this a style?) interior, mostly inspired by a friend's apartment.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    9jKXPfL.png

@popettypop2012 I may have missed it BUT just in case... For this challenge, we are supposed to have one picture with an over view of the build WITH GRID ON. I know grids are a NO, NO, for most of the challenges but it is a requirement for Footprints in the sand.
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Oh I forgot about that, thank you so much @FoundMarbles
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @popettypop2012 I may have missed it BUT just in case... For this challenge, we are supposed to have one picture with an over view of the build WITH GRID ON. I know grids are a NO, NO, for most of the challenges but it is a requirement for Footprints in the sand.
    Great point @FoundMarbles!!!

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    @FoundMarbles - you are of course correct, thank you for pointing out that part of the challenge, it can be quite easy to miss an unusual challenge requirement like this.

GArBA5W.jpg
    @FoundMarbles - you are of course correct, thank you for pointing out that part of the challenge, it can be quite easy to miss an unusual challenge requirement like this.

Oh my, I must have missed this detail in the brief. I am at work at the moment and I will only be able to add the grid pic to my entry tonight.
    edited April 2017
    I had time to go through the thread and everyone has done great builds. Thanks @Zita1966z and @FoundMarbles for your help with the links. <3<3 I had to change the link cause I forgot to name my pics on the slide show. :/ I am new to flickr and don't know how to edit the slide show, so I had to start from scratch and name the all in another program I had. You all are so very wonderful people. <3
    @abelhinha35 - sorry you have had so many difficulties getting your entry up together, but I am glad that you got everything sorted with some help from our wonderful members.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    @abelhinha35 Aaw u r so very welcome. I'm planning to join here soon <3
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    @Wildling lovely build!!

Thank you! I am completely in love with yours!! Especially the backyard, the diagonal wall, the fairy lights, the open glass windows... *sighs*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top