Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• asadlittlepotatoasadlittlepotato Posts: 23 Member
    Aw, I'm late to the party! Still, I'm having a blast looking through all the entries. Hope enter your next competition!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @abelhinha35 - as long as your slideshow is added today, we'll judge it :wink:

@asadlittlepotato - welcome to Build n Share :smiley:

ATTENTION ALL - #BnS90 East Meets West is now closed
    GArBA5W.jpg
    #BnS91 - Back to Basics

Back to Basics

THE BRIEF:

Build a house for a four-person family (2 adults, 1 teen, 1 child or toddler — any genders, traditional or non-traditional family) with 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, kitchen, dining and living spaces, and fully landscaped on a 20 x 30 lot anywhere you choose. You may use base game materials only! (Hint: in Build/Buy mode, use the filter to check Base Game under Packs to make it easier to find base game materials.) The house can be any style inside and out.

BUDGET: §75,000 = Lot Cost + Building Cost

SIM CHALLENGE: Create a family (2 adults, 1 teen, 1 child or toddler) and show them enjoying life in their new home. Use base game materials only in creating them (hair, clothing, etc.).

ROOM CHALLENGE: Create a gourmet kitchen using base game materials only. Budget: §15,000.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    @abelhinha35 - as long as your slideshow is added today, we'll judge it :wink:

@asadlittlepotato - welcome to Build n Share :smiley:

ATTENTION ALL - #BnS90 East Meets West is now closed

Thanks @BuildnShare, I will try to get it up tonight. :)
    edited March 2018
    MsLeo wrote: »
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #90 - East Meets West
    FORUM ID:MsLeo
    ORIGIN ID:classic1955_leo
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: The Silk Palace
    LOT COST:$2,000.
    LOT NAME: Blue Velvet Nightclub
    BUILD COST:$50,214.
    TOTAL COST: $52,214.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/qHx5P
    ENTRY DETAILS: My East/West Restaurant, opening night. Doing real well so far. Owners are on site enjoying the company.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, but the listing states it is 'modded'. I did use MOO and enlarged a few things.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

@MsLeo - are you entering in the beginners or the established category hon? You're two entry forms are different...
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited April 2018
    Ignore please... NOT my ENTRY

CHALLENGE #BnS91 - Back to Basics
    FORUM ID: maryjane2joe
    ORIGIN ID: 88th-BombGeek
    LOT:
    LOT COST: 2000
    LOT NAME: Windenburg - Proprietor's Square
    BUILD COST: 72,001
    TOTAL COST: 74,001

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: I removed this so I can fix my entry and re-enter; sorry but it had problems I was unaware of until the last judgement.. but i'm learning everything; slowly :blush:

ENTRY DETAILS: I picked Winderburg because in my opinion I think the lots are way more beautiful in comparison to all the other towns. I didn't have any real ideal of the house and began with the front porch and yard area; the rest of the home, room by room just came together. This is actually how I do most of my buildings.. I begin in one small area and then it seems to build itself. Silly; I know but that's really all I know to say. This was a fun build and I love all the challenges here at Build n Share. I made a Sim family for the purpose of this challenge but not to enter in competition; mostly because I not only made the mother and father.. but I put together a teen Big sis... a little sis and a big teen brother.. so I made the family bigger but I am pleased with everything and.. the family seem to enjoy the home. :)
    PS; I'm still not sure on the cost and how it works so I tried to keep it under budget just in case. Still not sure why I cannot seem to grasp the pricing concept.. most probably because my elevator doesn't seem to go to the top floor here lately.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Post edited by maryjane2joe on
    285JXDb.jpg
    PS; I'm still not sure on the cost and how it works so I tried to keep it under budget just in case. Still not sure why I cannot seem to grasp the pricing concept.. most probably because my elevator doesn't seem to go to the top floor here lately.

@maryjane2joe , you almost got it right! :smiley: The gallery cost (which in your case is §72001) is the Build Cost for all of the challenges. The Lot Cost is §2000 so the Total Cost for you is §74001, which means you are within the budget.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • nineteen80simsnineteen80sims Posts: 28 Member
    Hi folks! This is my first entry for the buildnshare challenge, I've only recently joined the forums but been building fairly regularly for the past couple of years. My entry form is below (can't post links yet but have added the urls).

CHALLENGE #91 - Back to Basics
    FORUM ID: nineteen80sims
    ORIGIN ID: nineteen80sims
    LOT: h.t.t.p.s://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/795041EF2F9311E88564DE15B984DA1F
    LOT NAME: Fern Park (in Newcrest)
    BUILD COST: 72,735
    TOTAL COST: 74,735
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/a/fG2mC
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    I use base game only a lot with my builds that I upload to the gallery, mainly because I like to make sure everyone can enjoy the build without worrying that they won't get parts of the build once it's downloaded. The budget was a bit more of a challenge than I'm used to, it took a lot of going back over it and changing/removing things to get all of the elements into the build that I was looking for. I built this home for a Sim family that I made, Mum + Dad, Teen Eco-Warrior Son + Toddler Daughter. I like to build modern style homes, using bold colours and lots of windows and different layout styles. The garden has everything the family needs - play area, gardening plot, two pools (one in secret basement garden) and outdoor eating area. I've kept the living + dining space open and created an upstairs balcony that looks out over the kitchen, so the whole home is a pretty open design. The large outdoor balcony contains gym items so that the sims can exercise in the fresh air while looking at the view and I added a painting station so that the sims can get their creativity going in the outdoors. There's a bathroom downstairs and upstairs and a study with guitar for wannabe rockstar Dad. Really enjoyed this build as I wanted to get it as fully decorated as possible within the budget.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC but MOO + resizing used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/Jbc6yK8
    h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/55DVIQo

Welcome to BnS, @nineteen80sims :)
    Hi folks! This is my first entry for the buildnshare challenge, I've only recently joined the forums but been building fairly regularly for the past couple of years. My entry form is below (can't post links yet but have added the urls).

LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/795041EF2F9311E88564DE15B984DA1F
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/fG2mC
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    I use base game only a lot with my builds that I upload to the gallery, mainly because I like to make sure everyone can enjoy the build without worrying that they won't get parts of the build once it's downloaded. The budget was a bit more of a challenge than I'm used to, it took a lot of going back over it and changing/removing things to get all of the elements into the build that I was looking for. I built this home for a Sim family that I made, Mum + Dad, Teen Eco-Warrior Son + Toddler Daughter. I like to build modern style homes, using bold colours and lots of windows and different layout styles. The garden has everything the family needs - play area, gardening plot, two pools (one in secret basement garden) and outdoor eating area. I've kept the living + dining space open and created an upstairs balcony that looks out over the kitchen, so the whole home is a pretty open design. The large outdoor balcony contains gym items so that the sims can exercise in the fresh air while looking at the view and I added a painting station so that the sims can get their creativity going in the outdoors. There's a bathroom downstairs and upstairs and a study with guitar for wannabe rockstar Dad. Really enjoyed this build as I wanted to get it as fully decorated as possible within the budget.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Jbc6yK8.png
    55DVIQo.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare Thank you!
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    @nineteen80sims ...I think your home is very upscale modern and lovely!! Don't forget to add the #BnS91 so it can be judged :)
    285JXDb.jpg
    @maryjane2joe oops thanks! I'll need to re-upload and re-post my entry here!
    edited March 2018
    Apologies for the second post - I had to re-upload to add the #BnS91 hashtag to the build!

BUILD ENTRY FORM
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DD4EEBA62F9D11E8896238E726CE10E3
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/fG2mC
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Jbc6yK8.png
    55DVIQo.png
    Post edited by nineteen80sims on
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited March 2018
    Room Entry Form
    Challenge #91 - Back to Basics
    Forum ID: @EuphorialQueen
    Origin ID: @EuphorialQueen
    Level: Expert
    Gallery Link: Porc Du Jour BnS91 List price §14,062
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5674981F2EA511E885E1DE15B984DA1F
    Link to Entry Slideshow: More Pictures
    Entry Details: Porc Du Jour Gourmet Kitchen created for #BnS91 Original by #EQCreations #BaseGame #NoCC Whip up a gourmet meal for family or guests under the watchful eye of Porc Du Jour. Maybe not pork though ... ahem.
    Constructive Criticism: Yes Please
    Credit for CC/Recolors: Base Game Only Zero CC
    Space for Pictures:
    03-23-10.jpg

03-23-14.jpg
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    Now when you say "fully landscaped" you mean what, exactly? I just want to be % clear.
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    FORUM ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    ORIGIN ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    LOT: https://ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7C9EA1F7301C11E88BC538E726CE10E3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=kjhgkjgkjhgk&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Beech Byway, Newcrest (at least I hope that is the name of the lot :) ... )
    BUILD COST:71.095
    TOTAL COST: 73.095
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/odQ8b
    ENTRY DETAILS: I had a certain family in mind, when creating this build. Norman and Marcus, married for almost twenty years and still happy. As both are very artsy, they wanted to have a modern house. Big windows, lots of open space, yet defined. This is what I tried to give them with the open kitchen/dining area and the sunken living room. And with all the common space I created their mastersuite downstairs, with a small dressing room, as their adopted children Layla Chen and the teenageboy Victor Chen are old enough to have their bedrooms upstairs. The upstairs landing holds a little balcony, that overlooks the dining room, so it is easy to shout when dinner is ready. It also features a little creative nook with an easel for Marcus who likes to paint. And there is an outdoor deck for a cookout and a small pool for exercise. I think that is about it. :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc/recolors
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: n9h9kV4.pngBAzrZtO.png
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    Pirate wrote: »
    Now when you say "fully landscaped" you mean what, exactly? I just want to be % clear.

Fully landscaped means attention should be given to all parts of the exterior yard - front, back and sides. "Landscaping" includes both plants and hardscape elements like paths, seating, pools, etc.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    @nineteen80sims and @jhgkjhgkjh your homes are amazing!
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    FORUM ID: Kilra0
    ORIGIN ID: Kilra0
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: gallery link
    LOT COST: 72,485
    LOT NAME: Hindquater Hideaway (Brindleton Bay)
    BUILD COST: 2,000
    TOTAL COST: 74,485
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/omHk6
    ENTRY DETAILS: enjoy some asian inspired details :smile:
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: nocc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    TRheZnv.png
    DNfKNiR.png
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: JosieAnglin.
    ORIGIN ID: Netxpre2.
    LEVEL: Established.
    LOT: Here.
    LOT COST: $2,000.
    LOT NAME: Hillside Highlands.
    BUILD COST: $72,913.
    TOTAL COST: $74,913.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here.
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is a three bedroom, three bathroom home. In addition to the requirements, there is an office/study room as well as backyard activities for the family living there. The color scheme is very warm and rustic. The home is a mixture of contemporary/farm house style for the furnishings and overall design.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

uiaDP9W.jpg
    UhU7A72.jpg
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    HOUSEHOLD: Here.
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Sims and their traits:
    Jarred Schilling (Father): Bookworm, Family Oriented, Cheerful, Domestic. Asp: Big Happy Family.
    Maliyah Schilling (Mother): Creative, Bookworm, Family Oriented, Alluring. Asp: Soulmate.
    Eve Schilling (Teen): Creative, Art Lover, Muse. Asp: Painter Extraordinaire.
    Kristofer Schilling (Child): Genius. Asp: Whiz Kid.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

F8sib8O.jpg
    jMqlQLi.jpg
    Valuzza90 wrote: »
    @nineteen80sims and @jhgkjhgkjh your homes are amazing!

Thank you!! :)
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    ROOM: Here.
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A.