Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    edited October 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 3
    FORUM ID: Creepsa
    ORIGIN ID: Creepsa
    SIM: -
    LOT: Kirash Colonial
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/QZ81R#0
    ENTRY DETAILS: A colonial house with modern interior is exactly what the Olsens are looking for. With two usable stories and a small porch with a grill, they are guaranteed to have a lovely time in their new house. The lot has got a lot of free space for two guest houses and landscaping. The interior of the house is quite bright and has lots of different blues and browns but still gives the modern feel. The final cost of the house is 99 976 simoleons.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None was used.
  • opod67opod67 Posts: 126 Member
    edited October 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:3
    FORUM ID: Opod67
    ORIGIN ID: smens0067
    SIM: Jenkins (Completely missed the last name of the couple, so they are called the Jenkins) :)
    LOT: Jenkins Colonial
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s911.photobucket.com/user/mens0067/slideshow/Jenkins%20Colonial
    ENTRY DETAILS: The perfect colonial for the Jenkins. Nicely decorated throughout and with plenty of room for their family and future home expansion. 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms upstairs and a half bath downstairs. Large modern kitchen with large dinning room. A special woodworking room and office for the happy couple. Gallery price $89,986 + Lot price $10,000 = Build cost $99,986
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    0Z2Hbc8.jpg
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Don_Oello
    ORIGIN ID: Don_Oello
    SIM: Olsen
    LOT: Olsen Colonial Estate
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: s283.photobucket.com/user/El_Oello/slideshow/Sims%204%20Showcase/BnS%203%20The%20Olsens

BUILD COST: €99.382 (LOT & BUILD)
    ENTRY DETAILS: My bestest house yet, i've left enough room for future challenges. I had to look up some colonial style and came up with this idea, inside is as modern furnished i can get. on the 1st floor is the hallway, the living area with as centerpiece the tv above the fireplace, a 1/2 bathroom, the dining room and the kitchen. Upstairs is the master bedroom with ensuite bathroom, a kids bedroom, an extra bathroom and ofcourse the woodworking room for Don, where he can also search for ideas and paint. there is enough room for homemade sculptures and paintings.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Congrats to all of the winners from the #1 Challenge...some amazing builds!!!
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: BryonyRae
    ORIGIN ID: BryonyRae
    SIM: Olsen (or search by #bryscreations)
    LOT: Colonial Coalescence (or search by #bryscreations)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s916.photobucket.com/user/SFsimpics/slideshow/Sims4/Building/BnSColonial?sort=4

ENTRY DETAILS: We welcome the Olsens to this picturesque 3 bedroom, 2-1/2 bath home that features an expansive living area, open kitchen and dining, a spacious master suite, and a detached workshop. Definitely designed with their preferences in mind, the interior follows a blue/brown color scheme in most areas and features a good bit of woodwork (thinking that Don himself might have created some of the pieces). Plenty of room for growth! Squeaking in just under budget at $99,941.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No, CC. I do use the Shimrod's Improved Lighting mod
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Phew, so glad to get this challenge done! Now, I can look at the other entrees; excited to see what you all have done. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    OMG! I have a really hard time on this one... I want to do Dutch Colonial, as I'm from Belgium and I like the roofs on it, but because of bugs all windows are gone when I create those roofs. I need to find a way to adapt the roofs to not have those issues.... Aaaah....
  • KelSimmieKelSimmie Posts: 69 Member
    OMG! I have a really hard time on this one... I want to do Dutch Colonial, as I'm from Belgium and I like the roofs on it, but because of bugs all windows are gone when I create those roofs. I need to find a way to adapt the roofs to not have those issues.... Aaaah....

Hmmm... would making the walls bigger and lowering the windows help so that the roof does not impede them? Just a thought that popped in my head... Good luck, I hope you can make it work! =)
    SimtechiorDesignsSignature.jpg
    Simtechior Designs ~ Prim and Proper, Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-In Comfy... ~ Origin/TS4 Forum ID: KelSimmie
  • Kulthero777Kulthero777 Posts: 1,027 Member
    @ DieterPrivate - I hope you get it to work, I also have been having issues getting a Dutch roof to look right and would love to see what you come up with.
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Carewren123
    ORIGIN ID: Carewren123
    SIM: n/a
    LOT: Modern Colonial
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Links to my imgur
    ENTRY DETAILS: Cost: $99,689 (This is what the cost was, but now the cost is lower about $88,000. I didn't remove anything, and I have taken in to account the lot price. I'm not entirely sure what happened here, but either way I'm under budget.)

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:none
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    Beautiful entries everyone!!
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2014
    Okay, finished with $32 to spare... I think. There's something weird going on with the lot value not adding up right though. When I started, I was in play mode and used cheats to get my budget up to $90K. Combined with the $10K lot price, that's $100K. Then I began building in Manage Worlds mode after finding out that's the best way to do it. While in Manage Worlds I decided to save the lot to my gallery tonight thinking I was finished and noticed the info at the top says the lot value is $96K+. Huh? Plus, when I hit the save lot button, when it went to the save info, it said $88K+. Uh, what?

I thought maybe it was because I was still in Manage Worlds so I got out of that and hit play. Once the lot loaded, I went to build mode and got ANOTHER number displayed, only $86K+ this time. Why am I getting three different numbers? Do I really have that much leftover or is it because when I began building I was doing it in play mode instead of manage worlds and the numbers are out of whack due to depreciation? Which value do I trust? How do I know which one is the correct one?

I'm so confused... o.O

Edited to add: I have NOT played The Olsens at all, just to clarify...
  • celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    edited October 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: celdys0n
    ORIGIN ID: celdyson
    SIM: The Olsens
    LOT: Sunny Colonial
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: slideshare.net/celdyson/the-sunny-colonial-buildnshare-challenge-3
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Sunny Colonial is a traditional colonial home on the exterior and modern minimalist architecture on the inside. With touches of décor in just the right places, this home comes together at only S$83,840. With room to build more, this is the perfect home for the Olsens. I am only entering the house challenge for this one.
    On a personal note: I absolutely love the front of the house, but the places I am not really fond of that I think could do with something more but couldn't think of to add to are the guest bedroom, the master bathroom, the half bath and the wood workshop. Altogether, I hope you still enjoy it despite my self criticism. The part of taking pictures I dislike is that you have to be a certain distance away to get the hanging lights, ugh.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: ,
    Post edited by celdys0n on
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Okay, finished with $32 to spare... I think. There's something weird going on with the lot value not adding up right though. When I started, I was in play mode and used cheats to get my budget up to $90K. Combined with the $10K lot price, that's $100K. Then I began building in Manage Worlds mode after finding out that's the best way to do it. While in Manage Worlds I decided to save the lot to my gallery tonight thinking I was finished and noticed the info at the top says the lot value is $96K+. Huh? Plus, when I hit the save lot button, when it went to the save info, it said $88K+. Uh, what?

I thought maybe it was because I was still in Manage Worlds so I got out of that and hit play. Once the lot loaded, I went to build mode and got ANOTHER number displayed, only $86K+ this time. Why am I getting three different numbers? Do I really have that much leftover or is it because when I began building I was doing it in play mode instead of manage worlds and the numbers are out of whack due to depreciation? Which value do I trust? How do I know which one is the correct one?

I'm so confused... o.O

To be honest, I have no clue. Normally, I trust the value from manage worlds. But in your case, it SHOULD be all the same. though I would say if you look at the top for the lot value (either when going to your lot with manage worlds, or with your family) then, all 3 numbers are good. Since that is the lot value with lot + build :) and they all seem to be under 100k. The gallery how ever shows you the value of only the build.
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22

I'm so confused... o.O

As soon as you go into play mode, the lot is depreciated. Best way to figure out true price is to take the gallery price (which is undepreciated) and add 10k for the lot.

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited October 2014
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Sims 4 Build-n-Share Challenge 2

Sim Challenge
    Make Don and Judy, Don's Aspiration is perfectionist and Judy is active, the rest as they say, is up to you.

Just a quick point of clarification - perfectionist and active are traits, not aspirations. I'm assuming that is what you meant and that we can make their aspirations whatever we wish, correct?
    @BryonyRae - well spotted :wink: Yes, these are trait's not aspirations :blush: You can choose whatever aspirations you like :smile:

GArBA5W.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2014
    > To be honest, I have no clue. Normally, I trust the value from manage worlds. But in your case, it SHOULD be all the same. though I would say if you look at the top for the lot value (either when going to your lot with manage worlds, or with your family) then, all 3 numbers are good. Since that is the lot value with lot + build :) and they all seem to be under 100k. The gallery how ever shows you the value of only the build.

In my most recent build, on the lot, it shows at $97000 and when I saved it to the gallery, it stayed the same, so I don't know what to think.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    > @BryonyRae said:
    > Karababy52 wrote: »
    >
    > Okay, finished with $32 to spare... I think. There's something weird going on with the lot value not adding up right though. When I started, I was in play mode and used cheats to get my budget up to $90K. Combined with the $10K lot price, that's $100K. Then I began building in Manage Worlds mode after finding out that's the best way to do it. While in Manage Worlds I decided to save the lot to my gallery tonight thinking I was finished and noticed the info at the top says the lot value is $96K+. Huh? Plus, when I hit the save lot button, when it went to the save info, it said $88K+. Uh, what?
    >
    > I thought maybe it was because I was still in Manage Worlds so I got out of that and hit play. Once the lot loaded, I went to build mode and got ANOTHER number displayed, only $86K+ this time. Why am I getting three different numbers? Do I really have that much leftover or is it because when I began building I was doing it in play mode instead of manage worlds and the numbers are out of whack due to depreciation? Which value do I trust? How do I know which one is the correct one?
    >
    > I'm so confused... o.O
    >
    > Edited to add: I have NOT played The Olsens at all, just to clarify...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > As soon as you go into play mode, the lot is depreciated. Best way to figure out true price is to take the gallery price (which is undepreciated) and add 10k for the lot.

I guess this is true! Now I have to cut $10K...GRRR! :'(
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Thanks @Lebanna, @BryonyRae and @pammiechick for the info. Since the value shows as $88K+ for the lot in Manage Worlds when saved to my library, I'm going to go with that number and call it good. Even though it looks like I have some leftover funds to work with that I could sure use in the upstairs hallway, window treatments and more landscaping, I'm pretty satisfied with my build and don't want to take a chance it's actually more and something went wonky.

Speaking of window treatments (curtains, etc.), the choices sure are abysmal. I ended up only using one in the living room. I had more in other rooms, but removed them when I was scrambling for funds to finish the upstairs. I guess I'd rather use no curtains then just slap some on that I didn't think looked cohesive to the rooms in an attempt to 'finish' the look. I noticed others seemed to abstain from using them as well. Hope we get some more choices in a future patch/EP.

Now, I just need to take screenshots, upload them and I'm done! Woo Hoo! My first entry submitted in time! Exciting! hehe :)
    Ugg, I apologize for spamming this thread, but I have a favor to ask of anyone. I went in game to take screenshots and upload my entry to the gallery. At first the upload wouldn't go and I kept getting a message about "Server error, please try again later.." etc. etc. So I just kept hitting the upload button until it finally uploaded. Wellll, when I went to look for it, the gallery was showing six uploads of my lot... at first.

But, here's the thing, when I looked at the lot in my library, it was showing as not uploaded, the little cloud upload icon was missing. I checked the gallery again and sure enough, it wasn't showing up in the recent community uploads. I uploaded it again. It's still not showing up when I search recent community uploads OR if I search via hashtags under #BuildnShare or #BuildnShare3, but the cloud upload icon is there now in my library. GAH!

Would someone be so kind as to check my gallery and see if it's there? Check that it's showing up under the #BuildnShare hashtags too please. Thank you so much!
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    Ugg, I apologize for spamming this thread, but I have a favor to ask of anyone. I went in game to take screenshots and upload my entry to the gallery. At first the upload wouldn't go and I kept getting a message about "Server error, please try again later.." etc. etc. So I just kept hitting the upload button until it finally uploaded. Wellll, when I went to look for it, the gallery was showing six uploads of my lot... at first.

But, here's the thing, when I looked at the lot in my library, it was showing as not uploaded, the little cloud upload icon was missing. I checked the gallery again and sure enough, it wasn't showing up in the recent community uploads. I uploaded it again. It's still not showing up when I search recent community uploads OR if I search via hashtags under #BuildnShare or #BuildnShare3, but the cloud upload icon is there now in my library. GAH!

Would someone be so kind as to check my gallery and see if it's there? Check that it's showing up under the #BuildnShare hashtags too please. Thank you so much!

I see seven versions in your library, but none under the BuildnShare3 tag.
    edited October 2014
    Seven!? Oh man... Okay, thanks for checking @Rostri-Jodu. That's so weird, there's only one showing when I look in my library. I wonder why the hashtags aren't working for it too. I'll go see if I can fix whatever the heck is going on. Thanks again!

UPDATE - I figured out what was going on with why it wasn't showing up for me. I needed to check the box for "include unowned content." THEN, the lot shows up in a search by my Origin ID and the hashtags. I don't understand why though since I DO have the Premium edition and I created the lot. Weird...I guess the gallery has a few bugs eh? Ah well... I'm just glad my entry is actually uploaded.

Anyway, there's still seven uploads though with only one in my library. I'd delete the extras if I knew how... but I don't.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    What happens if you take the one in your Library and remove it from the cloud, Kara? Might be worth trying. I see a lot of duplicates on the Gallery though, so don't feel like you're alone. I definitely think it glitches.
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member

Anyway, there's still seven uploads though with only one in my library. I'd delete the extras if I knew how... but I don't.

I also had multiples before, You can delete them by going to the gallery, and hit the delete button on the details page of the lot. It didn't work for me right away though.
    Not sure if I'll EVER become a full member! Maybe by Challenge 20! Ha! ;)

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    SIM:Olsen
    LOT: Olsen Colonial
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/buildnshare3?sort=6
    Gallery price: $89,989 (It was a make it work moment of destroying the beautiful backyard I had in place! Rawr! >:) )

ENTRY DETAILS: Traditional colonial exterior, two story home with wooden front porch and back porch for entertaining guests. Extensive grounds with plenty of space for gardening on any side. Inside, spacious, open floor plan with modern furnishings in the couple's favorite colors--brown and blue! Green, black and red were used as accents. Large wood-shop for Don's hobby fills one side of the home with plenty of storage for his tools and pieces. Upstairs includes beautiful modern master bedroom with an ultra modern bath. Upscale amenities throughout, including jet tub and wood paneling. Two beds in guest room and full guest bath.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None; used enlarging tool throughout on many items.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top