Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Thanks, @popettypop2012!

I was just checking out everyone's entries!

@jhgkjhgkjh Dave's look is great! I've never gotten the cropped pants to look good on any of my Sims! The home is lovely. The pool is a great addition! The modern style really does look calming. I love the chess table next to the pool!

@Ainsleyf I actually live next to a converted barn! Now I know what it might look like on the inside! :) The seating at the end of the hallway with the stuffed animals on it looks adorable! I like the playful look you used on the kids' doors. The entry is very welcoming! I like how you made your own sidelights with the divided windows. Your loner trait for Dave is a great pick and your house in the country matches it well!

@SyddyB206 I love your take on the exterior! The extra walls look like modern versions of the gothic flying buttresses! How cool! I really love your neutral backgrounds and then bright accessories like the blue rug in the living room. The neutrals are calming and color keeps everything even more interesting.

@Wildling The floor on the patio is clever! A lot of work! Incorporating greenery into the design, especially the upper levels, is very chic--it really adds warmth. The bookcase really serves well against the wall in the living room--very effective anchor to the floating wall.

@FaithofKaela Wow! Artistic window placement, so much thought in the décor inside and out! And I love how you incorporate all the different elements available in the Sims. I can easily see the skill that makes you an expert!

@nicolethebowl The natural light in the home is lovely! The kids rooms really are nicely bright with the rest of the home's calming darker neutrals. Lots of great features like the higher end TV and piano! I love the rugs in the kids' rooms.

@FoundMarbles I love the views of your build at night! A tempting glimpse of the interior! The robe on the back of the door is such a realistic touch. Love the creativity of alternating wall coverings in one of the children's room. The stone in the living room is a wonderful bit of nature warming up the all white furnishings. Basketball court--genius! Never gave it a thought outside of a gym or park. Your Dave looks quite at home in his new place--learning all kinds of things!
    @masajo That driveway--serious painting skills on display. It just draws the eye right to the house and is so lively with all its curves! The lower level is so serene and tastefully decorated. The playful wallpaper in the kids rooms and the decorations incorporate accent colors really well! All of the bright colors outdoors--cute!
    @popettypop2012 Love the mix of textures on the outside of your building! I love the glass balcony and the brick interior. The master looks so masculine with the wallcovering and lacquer (in my imagination) furniture. :)
    Thank you, @folala!
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    @FoundMarbles I love the views of your build at night! A tempting glimpse of the interior! The robe on the back of the door is such a realistic touch. Love the creativity of alternating wall coverings in one of the children's room. The stone in the living room is a wonderful bit of nature warming up the all white furnishings. Basketball court--genius! Never gave it a thought outside of a gym or park. Your Dave looks quite at home in his new place--learning all kinds of things!

You are very kind! Your layout is far more imaginative and your child rooms filled me with inspiration! The truth to tell, all the builds are really terrific! We will just have to wait on the judges but to my way of thinking, they are all winners!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much, @withlovejulien
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @withlovejulien - thanks so much for your kind words on my entry!

And @FoundMarbles - I totally agree with you, everyone's builds are fantastic this round :astonished:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Don't forget, challenge #65 closes at midnight time tonight (Eastern Standard Time). You can still sneak in under the wire though....
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 65 - The Hawthorne Project - Part 3
    FORUM ID: golden_glow
    ORIGIN ID: golden_glow
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://thesims.com/gallery/1F96CD0A14BD11E787CA9D804C84730A
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $37,957
    TOTAL COST: $39,957
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/tAfGg
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided that Dave needed somewhere quiet to get away from the stresses of city living. I chose to build a Tudor house to fit in with the rest of the houses in the neighbourhood. The house has a lovely garden with a fishing pond. Inside, it has enough room for his two children with a large kitchen, den and large bedrooms upstairs.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    img]
    Stunning entry @golden_glow!!!
    edited March 2017
    BnS #65 The Hawthorne Project - Part 3 is now officially closed!

Good luck everyone!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2017
    #66 Somewhere

Karl brings you a cup of herbal tea and reminds you that your new clients will be arriving in 15 minutes. You quickly review the client folder: Rothko Close, abstract expressionist painter; and his wife, Mitsuko Uchida, renowned concert pianist. You know that they are moving from an apartment in San Myshuno but that’s about it!

When Karl ushers them in, you try to hide your surprise. They are clearly an older couple, but the folder mentioned two toddler girls as a reason for the move from the big city. Rothko takes the lead in explaining their needs and desires.

“We have already purchased options on two properties: Mid-Nowhere on Windenburg Island and Vista Quarry in Oasis Springs. The latter lot is a little bigger, but we love the isolation of the Island. I will let your design decide which would be more suitable.”

“So what are we looking at in terms of bedrooms and so on?” you ask.

“We need three bedrooms, for sure: a master bedroom, one bedroom for the toddlers, and a third for an au pair. We haven’t hired anyone yet; we’re still interviewing.

“We’ll also need two full bathrooms—one ensuite to the master bedroom—and another half bathroom would be nice. We will definitely need space for Mitsuko's grand piano and space for my easel,” he continues.

“Any particular style in mind?” you ask.

“We want a sleek, minimal ultramodern look. Basically, white, maybe a little black, and of course we love the colors of natural materials. But we want our artwork to really stand out. Do you know what I mean?”

You nod.

He continues, “And we abhor clutter! Do you know what I mean? Every object, every piece of furniture should have a purpose, should be meaningful. We want the house to be a work of art! Inside and out. Oh, and we’d like some sort of water feature as part of the landscape.”

“Um, you have two little girls, yes?”

Mitsuko perks up and answers, “Yes, Kichi and Akiko.” She smiles warmly.

That sparks a concern of Rothko, “But we don’t want their room to look childish. [You try very hard not to roll your eyes.] It needs to be as sophisticated as the rest of the house. Did I mention that LivingSims magazine is doing a feature on us? They are coming next month to interview us. We’d like to be in our new home by then. Is that possible?”

You assure them that it is quite doable, and then you all settle on the budget. As they are leaving, you say to Mitsuko, “I have enjoyed hearing you play at the recital hall in Willow Creek.” She gives you a shy smile and a small, formal bow, and the couple leaves. You call Karl back into your office.

“Karl, will you put together a portfolio of ultramodern interiors for me?” He nods and exits to get started, while you start sketching a house design that will look like a work of art!

Requirements:
    • 3 bedrooms
    • 2.5 bathrooms
    areas for a grand piano and an easel
    water feature (pool or fountain)
    usual kitchen, dining, and living areas
    architectural style: ultramodern
    Ultramodern decor: white with some black and natural materials; lots of artwork
    lot: 20 x 20 Mid-Nowhere lot in Windenburg or 20 x 30 Vista Quarry lot in Oasis Springs

Budget:
    total of §94,765 [this includes: E.A.S.L. Easel (§350) and Tickle My Ivories Grand Piano (black, §1415); which leaves §93,000 for everything else except the lot price. Assume that the lot is already paid for and is not part of the budget]

Sim Challenge:
    Create Rothko Close and Mitsuko Uchida and their two toddler daughters, Kichi and Akiko. Rothko’s ambition is Painter Extraordinaire; Mitsuko’s is Musical Genius; both have the Creative trait. Everything else, including the toddlers’ attributes are up to you!

Room Challenge:
    Create a sophisticated toddlers’ bedroom. Budget: §8,500.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Just to make it clear, they have paid the lot already so the budget is just for the house?
    Just to make it clear, they have paid the lot already so the budget is just for the house?
    Yep, you got that right. More money top spend on good stuff :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I missed the last challenge :( but I really hope I get a chance to do this one! @FaithofKaela congrats on your win!
    @JasonAnthonySterling - what did I win?!
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

@FaithofKaela LMAO!!! Ha ha ha! I saw the Twitter post from BnS and it had your build featured in the link so I assumed you had won! Ha ha ha! Sorry, I got your hopes up! When I saw your reply I ran back to twitter to look and I.... um, uh... well, I guess you didn't win. Sorry again! Oh boy, I've either got to up my caffiene or drop it all together. I'm not sure which problem it is. (Still laughing....)

@FaithofKaela LMAO!!! Ha ha ha! I saw the Twitter post from BnS and it had your build featured in the link so I assumed you had won! Ha ha ha! Sorry, I got your hopes up! When I saw your reply I ran back to twitter to look and I.... um, uh... well, I guess you didn't win. Sorry again! Oh boy, I've either got to up my caffiene or drop it all together. I'm not sure which problem it is. (Still laughing....)

No worries sweet!! I'm giggling here too :D
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

DANG, winners are not reported here? I'd need to become a Twit? Well, in that case, I'll never know if I ever win a challenge. Too Bad.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top