Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited April 2020
    ***Easter Bonus Challenge—Will NOT Be Judged***

**This challenge is just for fun. Some of you have already finished the monthly challenge. As many of us are stuck at home needing something to occupy our time, and because someone did request it, I have re-written an Easter challenge I wrote before but could not find at the start of the month. Do it if you want to. Try to stay in the budget, but no one is going to kill you for going over. Enjoy!! :D

You put some flooring and tile sample catalogs back in their bookcase, pushing hard to get them back in their places. Then you stretch and yawn, thankful that it is Friday. The clock on the wall reads 4:45pm, and your last appointment for the week is late. You check your schedule and read that the couple’s name is Cottontail. You smile, since Easter is coming up fast.
    A brief knock at the door is followed by Karl’s head popping in as the door swings open. He announces that your client has arrived, and you let him know to show the client in right away.
    After a moment, a rather sad, drooping man walks through the door. He is very tall, with bright green eyes and brown hair. He is carrying a cup of something in this drooping hand, and you are seriously concerned that the liquid may splash out onto your freshly cleaned carpet.
    You greet your client and ask him to sit down. “Are we waiting for your wife, Mr. Cottontail?”
    He sags down into a chair in front of your desk. “No,” he says sadly. He sighs heavily. “Lily and I got married a few months ago. We currently live in a small studio apartment. We were happy...” He pauses and sighs again. He continues with more urgency and anxiety in his voice. “Even from the beginning, I don’t believe that Lily really believed that I was telling her the truth about the Cottontail family curse. I explained it several times, until she started getting upset with me.” He takes a huge swig of whatever is in the cup. He looks up and sees you looking at the cup. “Carrot juice. Healthy and natural.” He grins slightly. “Anyway, we just found out that we are expecting. The shock has been too much for Lily. She is resting. We desperately need your help.”
    As Mr. Cottontail pauses for breath, you put on your most charming smile. “If you need help with a new home, I can certainly help you. What are you looking for in a new home, Mr. Cottontail?”
    He smiles back with a tiny spark of hope in his eyes. “Thank you. The most important thing is the due date at the end of this month. We need to be in the new house by then. You see, we are having sextuplets. We need far more space before the babies come home.”
    “Sextuplets! Six babies? Wow! Congratulations!” you gush, unable to contain your amazement over this news. You do a double-take. Are those whiskers on his face? Was his hair that fluffy when he came in?
    “Thanks so much!” He smiles with obvious pride. “Large lit...having multiple babies run in my family. Lily did not understand before today. But I want to ease her into motherhood with as little stress to her as possible. That is why we need the new house so quickly.”
    “I agree with that.” you say comfortingly. “Moving with six babies would be very difficult. So, do you need seven bedrooms?”
    He laughs slightly. “No, I feel that having all those separate rooms would just make it harder to tend all of the babies. We will need a master bedroom and en suite, of course. For the kids, I think two nurseries would be best: one for the girls, and one for the boys. And two bathrooms for them as well. Let’s see. A laundry room would be necessary. A large eat-in country kitchen and pantry, a small study for my books, and a large family room are all important. I also need a small gym, to keep fit. I run marathons. Lily is very creative, and she needs space for her painting, arts and crafts, and basket weaving. It needs to be a large, airy room. We have an Easter delivery business that is family run, so we have many people helping out this month.”
    You look up from taking notes. You falter as you notice his ears seem to be elongated. You shake your head slightly. “Is there any special theme or color scheme that you would like for your home?”
    “We appreciate bright, cheerful colors. But the nurseries should be in pastels, I think,” Mr. Cottontail says, wiggling his long whiskers that are coming from his nose. “I am worried about our budget. Will $180,000 be enough to do all that, and make a small play area for the kids outdoors?”
    “I can certainly work with that budget, Mr. Cottontail,” you say happily as he takes another swig of carrot juice.
    Mr. Cottontail stands up and shakes your hand. “You have made my day! I can’t wait to let Lily know it is all taken care of! Thanks very much! This makes the curse much easier to bear! You see, every Easter month, every year, the oldest son of our family turns into the Easter Bunny. You can imagine how weird that is!” He laughs again. “My name, after all, is Peter Cottontail!”
    You feel your jaw drop as your client literally hops out of your office!

The Brief:
    --due by the May 15th.
    --the budget is $180,000(including the cost of the lot).
    --use cheerful colors in the house and pastels in the babies’ rooms.
    --create a 3 bedroom/3 bath home.
    --it needs a large country kitchen and pantry, a laundry room, a small study, a small gym, a large family room, and a large arts and crafts room for the Easter deliveries.
    --landscape and create an outdoor play area for the kids.

Sims Challenge:
    --create the Lily and Peter Cottontail. Lily can be pregnant, or create the 6 babies.
    --include pictures of their clothes(one of Peter’s outfits should be the bunny costume, if you have it).
    --show them enjoying their new home!

The Room Challenge:
    --create the large country kitchen and pantry.
    --the budget is $50,000.
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    Thank you @iampes23 That looks like a fun build!
  • SimSense2000SimSense2000 Posts: 3 New Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #135 - Spring Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: SimSense2000
    ORIGIN ID: SimSense2000
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: University Street
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/46EC769A7C1911EA8A118DBC48AB3951?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SimSense2000&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1500
    GALLERY COST: 29965
    TOTAL COST: 29965
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/RbNoigM
    ENTRY DETAILS: Guy Orange is going to college but he hates the dorms. His parents decided to buy him a small piece of property and gave him a $30000 simolean budget to build a home. With a little help, Guy managed. He is now ready to attend classes.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/SSense2000
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/SimSense2000-102938
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Dag Nabbit. The pictures didn't come through. How do I make sure that they do?
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    edited April 2020
    @SimSense2000 You're a new member so your links aren't enabled yet. I think you get full member at 30 posts. Welcome!

Let's see if quoting you works, if not, I'm sure one of the more experienced board members will sort it out for you.

EDIT: Done! A very cool modern build.
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: SimSense2000
    ORIGIN ID: SimSense2000
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: University Street
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/46EC769A7C1911EA8A118DBC48AB3951?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SimSense2000&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1500
    GALLERY COST: 29965
    TOTAL COST: 29965
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/RbNoigM
    ENTRY DETAILS: Guy Orange is going to college but he hates the dorms. His parents decided to buy him a small piece of property and gave him a $30000 simolean budget to build a home. With a little help, Guy managed. He is now ready to attend classes.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/SSense2000
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/SimSense2000-102938
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    @wendyology Thank you for your help and for resharing my build!
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – EASTER BONUS

FORUM ID: @icanhasims
    ORIGIN ID: icanhassims
    LEVEL: (waiting for first entry determination)
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Creekside Corner in Glimmerbrook
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/21BDBB397C5E11EA884CF1AA7B1EA5C5
    LOT COST: $2,500
    GALLERY COST: $125,777
    TOTAL COST: $128,277
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/2020-easter-bonus-challenge.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: Peter and Lily Cottontail are expecting their first litter of bunnies.... I don't mean that literally, of course *cough cough* This magical cottage has the space for their growing family to cook, eat, and play together. In addition, there is a small gym for Peter and a large crafting space for Lily to help support their Easter business.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    PICTURES:
    04-11-20-6-27-49-pm_orig.png
    04-11-20-6-28-24-pm_orig.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – Easter Bonus: The Cottontails

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    LEVEL: (waiting for first entry determination)
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0E6128CC7C5E11EA87C8F1AA7B1EA5C5
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/2020-easter-bonus-challenge.html
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Peter Cottontail is a true friend of the animals. Some might say he's become one himself! He's a cheerful, outgoing, and all around good guy. He tried to warn his wife, Lily, about his lineage's tendency for multiple babies but I think she was still a bit surprised to discover she was having sextuplets!
    Lily Cottontail is a total goofball, which is why she fell hard for Peter Cottontail -- he's always joking about giving up the human world and becoming a rabbit! Lily loves being creative and along with Peter has opened up an Easter delivery service based on her crafts. Lily has always dreamed of having a big family but didn't expect to have one all at once with sextuplets! But being the good person she is, and having the support of such a good husband, she knows that they're going to be great parents.
    PICTURES:
    04-09-20-6-13-34-pm_orig.png
    3lcpKph.png
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – Easter Bonus: Large kitchen & pantry

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    LEVEL: (waiting on first entry determination)
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9918AC2F7C5E11EA8B6CF1AA7B1EA5C5
    GALLERY COST: $40,148
    ENTRY DETAILS: This large kitchen and pantry is just what the Cottontail’s ordered… large enough to feed a big family but cozy enough to still feel like home.
    PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    cotton-kitchen_orig.jpg
    04-09-20-8-36-47-pm_orig.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    CHALLENGE #136
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME Catscratch Cottage
    NEW LOT LINK: I uploaded 2 versions to the gallery one with cc and one without. The only difference is the Gaming art wall collage behind the desk
    NOCC Party At the Docks
    CC Party at the Docks
    (Sorry, I can't figure out how to get custom content builds to show up on the gallery)
    LOT COST: $1000.00
    GALLERY COST: $29,948.00
    TOTAL COST: $30,948.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: A Tiny Hangout
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Guy Orange is starting university in the fall and his parents want him out of the house "like yesterday". They have given him one of their old storage warehouses on the docks, which we have renovated into a nice cozy hangout for guy and his friends. You see, Guy comes from a wealthy family. His parents own a shipping company in Brindleton Bay and have worked very hard to make it successful. Guy on the the other hand does not have the same ambition as his parents. All he seems to care about is having a good time. His parents are hoping that this will finally teach him some responsibility. They are insisting that he goes to university so that he will be qualified to one day take over the family business, because as it stands now they are seriously considering other possibilities.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork and cc artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    4GZ706t.png
    krXhR1s.png
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    CHALLENGE #136
    FORUM ID: MikkiMikkiMikkiM
    ORIGIN ID: MikkiMikkiMikkiM
    LEVEL: Beginner
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Oak Alcove
    NEW LOT LINK: At first I thought we had to build the house in the backyard of an actual house, so I downloaded a house from the gallery, and now it says that my build is from the person who built that house, and I don't know how to change that.
    LOT COST: $1500.00
    GALLERY COST: $29,554
    TOTAL COST: $31,054
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Guy Orange might seem like a spoilt, sullen teenager to outsiders, but he's really just a quiet and shy kid. When his parents told him he needed to move out, they also said he could live in the old shed at the end of the garden. Guy likes to hang out with his friends to play games, watch movies and sit around the campfire, so this is a perfect spot for him. His small budget didn't allow for too many luxuries, but he has what he needs: a bed, a kitchen, a bathroom, a study, and a place to hang out with his friends.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: -
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

RfCXPE1.png

Kk9q92c.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png

Attention, Starting Out entrants for #BNS134, your results can be found here.here.here.
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out entrants for #BNS135, your results can be found hereherehere.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited April 2020
    Build-n-Share Challenge #136 - **A Tiny Hangout **
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Oak Alcove
    NEW LOT LINK: *Tier 2 Tiny OakAlcove*
    LOT COST: 1,500
    GALLERY COST: 28,215
    TOTAL COST: 29,715
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Sims 4 Build-n-Share Challenge #136 - **A Tiny Hangout **
    ENTRY DETAILS:Containers were used for this tier 2 tiny home built for Guy Orange. As requested, it takes up only half the property at Oak Alcove in Willow Creek. All requested spaces were easy to accommodate.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art by SimSationalToo in the gallery

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    93859549_2684095108477230_7803595881910894592_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=KcLh77Z19C4AX_0Ds8t&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=eb0b87ffb3c0e38b756cea5a824a4e9c&oe=5EC02882

93806177_2684098608476880_8832047211350065152_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=K76QfsctBb8AX9TqKEO&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=e2448596839a6aaaf69201386d7455ef&oe=5EC0FBC4

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png
    Established Results | BnS 134 - Hawthorne Project X - The Ravenwoods
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/17461408/#Comment_17461408
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    Build-n-Share Challenge #136 - **A Tiny Hangout **
    FORUM ID: LionessInMN
    ORIGIN ID: Nihlia
    LEVEL: Unknown, I entered BNS#35 in 2016 but none since
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rindle Rose
    NEW LOT LINK: Rindle Rose Microhouse
    LOT COST: 2,000
    GALLERY COST: 19,583
    TOTAL COST: 21,583
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Imgur Gallery for Rindle Rose Microhouse
    ENTRY DETAILS: I know the budget on this was 30,000 but I really wanted to make a starter tier 1 house. Guy can spend the extra money on his car, which is parked in the driveway!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

T3GKsDL.png
    X6YhefE.png
  • PINKLADY1PINKLADY1 Posts: 142 Member
    edited April 2020
    CHALLENGE #136 - A Tiny Hangout
    FORUM ID: Pinklady1
    ORIGIN ID: Pinklady633
    LEVEL: ???
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Spring Steppes (Britechester)
    NEW LOT LINK: https://ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5450D95F83C011EA86C0335C231BF121?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Woodstone%20Hangout&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $1,000
    GALLERY COST: $29,928
    TOTAL COST: $29,603 (I believe this is a depreciated price for the lot.)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/WE2ENwJ
    ENTRY DETAILS: A small home built for the single University student who loves to hangout. It comes equipped with a gaming console, a place to study, and a firepit. Also, what is a place to hangout without a good game of juice pong in the backyard.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/carmen.cantrell.94
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    KzwNuex.png
    03hvhcc.png
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    CHALLENGE #136 - A Tiny Hangout
    FORUM ID: Becka28
    ORIGIN ID: beckablitz
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby
    NEW LOT LINK: Guy's Tiny Hangout
    LOT COST: $1,500
    GALLERY COST: $29,082
    TOTAL COST: $30,582
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Gallery #BnS136
    ENTRY DETAILS: Guy is an older teen who has moved out into his first home. It meets requirements for a Small house in Tiny living (94 squares). Guy , being a teen has splurged on items like his computer, 2 TVs and consoles but has extremely cheap counters and appliances etc. Decoration is minimal and masculine - the only art is some posters which reflect Guy's interests. His house is set up as a party pad with a fire pit, cooler and grill. This is my first time experimenting with terrain tools (I chose this build because it was on a small lot).
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    n15fabHl.png
    3AVjRFtl.png
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    I've scrapped my build 4 times. I just can't get it to work. Why is this challenge so difficult? Guess that's why they're called "challenges".
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited April 2020
    I've scrapped my build 4 times. I just can't get it to work. Why is this challenge so difficult? Guess that's why they're called "challenges".

I am sorry you are having such a hard time with this. If it is a budget issue, try using bb.showhiddenobjects for free options, especially for the lighting. Don't give up :D We still have 7 days left!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Cottontail FarmCottontail Farm is complete and up on the gallery as well. Came in a few thousand under budget. :-)
    image.png
  • misstiggermisstigger Posts: 15 Member
    I've been following this thread for some time and some of your builds that you have all done are amazing! I wish at some point that I can build, decorate and landscape as well as some you do.

I'm hoping that once my uni course is finished that I will have enough free time to be able to commit and be able to enter one of these challenges although for the time being I think I'll just work on them myself and admire all your builds
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @Archer_Girl I know what you’re going through! I spent a week tweaking the first version of my house but it was never right. I started from scratch yesterday and have something promising. Fingers crossed the play testing goes well.
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member

FORUM ID: HIGHER_DESIGN
    ORIGIN ID: HIGHER-DESIGN
    LEVEL: Established

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Bargen Bend
    NEW LOT LINK: Spring Designer Home
    LOT COST: 2,000
    GALLERY COST: 101,254
    TOTAL COST: 103,254

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Full Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the Blue and Gold vase as my inspiration item. The main floor, and master suit are colored to match, with some other personality in the second floor kids rooms. Thanks, and enjoy!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

[img][/img]RvmVCSy.png

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    "Just for Fun" CHALLENGE - Easter Bonus Challenge
    FORUM ID: JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:jojoMOMSTER
    LEVEL: Hop! Hop! Hop!
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Oakenstead
    NEW LOT LINK: BnS Bonus Bunny Home (sadly art is flagging as CC)
    LOT COST: 10000
    GALLERY COST: 146071
    TOTAL COST: 156071
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: link
    ENTRY DETAILS: This build is kind of oll over the place. There is a nice outdoor play area for digging practice, indoor and outdoor carrot gardens, carrot cupcake and chocolate bunny machine, a room for Velveteen, HUGE eat-in kitchen, cozy sitting room, toddler room for girls, toddler room for boys, a couple family bathrooms, master with ensuite and a nice burrow with gym equipment and study space. All the art features bunnies.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All manner of bunny art by Neiti-Winter, Aljay2000, Silverhawk201, Simsational_Too, rosemow, icanhassims, Babewire, blake27nov Thank you for posting all this bunny art! I so appreciate using your art!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    P2ipxNn.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    Easter Bonus Challenge
    FORUM ID:JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:jojoMOMSTER

HOUSEHOLD: O'Hare for BnS Easter
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: O'Hare from BnS108 with five toddlers
    ENTRY DETAILS: Once upon a time in BnS108 I created a family who love being Easter Bunnies too much. But, their story is not yet fully told. Jack and Bunny O'Hare of all SIMs in the Simsvers would be most susceptible to the cottontail curse. Alas, there is a bit of a twist. Jack and Bunny have a daughter, Velveteen, so in their case the cottontail curse was quintuplets. Their previous home 'Below the Frostline" a three-plex shared with two other small families will no longer work.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used.
    PHOTOS:
    aZls7Sw.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top