Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    wow they all so good, great job everyone
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    kezflake wrote: »
    I'm adding the post above in the hope I can get the slideshows finished tonight. I started out giving myself good time to finish but RL threw a curve ball At least it's a nice curve ball, it's a close relatives last minute wedding in Jersey so I had flight/hotel to book and most importantly a new dress to buy :D . As I'd started and was fairly pleased with the outcome of 1 & 2 I continued but admit I ended up rushing 3 quite a lot and much of the photography on all which is a shame.
    update
    Would u believe I then came home from work to a flooded kitchen. This one just wasn't meant to be. The builds entered r amazing, I'm loving. @Rostri-Jodu chalet design and glam interior also @folala shed style, so talented.

Awww. I'm sorry you weren't able to enter. I love the look of your cottage!
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    hmmmmm.... here it is the middle of 07/16 and the challenge hasn't been closed and there is no new challenge posted. Has someone kidnapped BuildnShare?
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Well...RL does happen, but it's been like clockwork for a while now! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    I think these poor people are swamped...its hard work ask myself @pammiechick @issabela14 Our little challenge threads is nothing as big as this and we work our plums off. Hats off to you #buildnshare :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Well that is it for Re-use and recycle 2!! The Challenge is closed!
    Sorry for the slight delay in closing!

GArBA5W.jpg
    Think Tiny

Rushing in the office, uncharacteristically late after a very hectic night finishing up final touches on the shipping container homes, you smile gratefully at Rose as she hands you a steaming mug of English Breakfast as you rush in, headed for your desk.
    "The Franklins are you first appointment. They'll be here any minute."
    You nod as you locate their file on your desk and begin scanning it, sloshing tea in your haste. Rose hands you a towel to mop up just as the front bell chimes.
    "Yipes! Give me a few moments them show them in," you tell Rose, frantically trying to straighten your desk and salvage the tea-dampened file.

Rose discretely closes the door, and you hear her warmly greeting the clients and offering them tea.
    A few minutes later, she introduces Julie and Taylor Franklin, a young, make that very young, couple.
    Julie smiles shyly and takes a seat while Taylor gives you a firm handshake in greeting.

After some small talk in which you learn the young pair has been living in Taylor's parents' basement, you get down to business.
    The Franklins inform you that they a small inheritance from Julie's grandparents that they want to make the most of. "Mr. and Mrs. Franklin have given us a small plot of land," Julie adds, smiling at her husband who grins back at her.
    "It's small, says Taylor. Just 20x15. But plenty big for the kind of house we want."
    You nod as you take notes. 20x15 is small, but you've worked on lots the size before. "It's all about maximizing the space you have," you remark.
    "That's exactly what we want to do," says Julie excitedly as she begins to show you pictures she has been collecting.
    You are momentarily taken aback, thinking you are looking at playhouses for children and not full-fledged grown-up homes. "Why, they're tiny!" you exclaim in surprise.
    The Franklins grin back at you in delight, and you realize that they are part of the growing number of people who are choosing to forgo the trend of building big and opting to live in tiny homes.
    "Well, this will certainly be interesting" you think to yourself as roll up your sleeves and get to work helping Julie and Taylor design their tiny dream home.

Challenge Brief:
    Lot Size - 20x15
    Interior floor space can be no more than 50 squares total
    Budget - $30,000
    Outdoor dining area
    Julie likes a cottage style home while Taylor prefers more modern finishes.

Room Challenge - n/a
    Sim Challenge - create the Franklins and show them enjoying their tiny space.

Please use hashtag #BnS23 for your uploads.

A reminder, if you wish to provide media for your build to allow us to give you feedback, please ensure that it is in the form of a slideshow. No videos please, as these make the process a lot more cumbersome.

Deadline: Wednesday 29th July, Midnight CMT.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    hmmmmm.... here it is the middle of 07/16 and the challenge hasn't been closed and there is no new challenge posted. Has someone kidnapped BuildnShare?

We have rescued ourselves out of the claws of real life! Thanks for the worry! We have no scratches or marks :) Back in The Sims world :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS TO CHALLENGE #21 - COMING HOME TO NEWCREST

Your constructive criticism is now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited July 2015
    @BuildnShare
    Re; Think Tiny BNS#26BNS#23 (Got a bit ahead of myself.)
    "Interior floor space can be no more than 50 squares total."
    This is for all levels combined? Or just the base footprint of the house?
    Post edited by EuphorialQueen on
    @BuildnShare
    Re; Think Tiny BNS#26

All levels combined! So you can divide them up on different floors/levels, or keep it 1 level. What ever you want, but max 50 tiles
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    if it's 2 levels is the 50 tiles counting where roofs might go or stairs? :/
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

edited July 2015
    @BuildnShare
    Re; Think Tiny BNS#26 BNS#23

All levels combined! So you can divide them up on different floors/levels, or keep it 1 level. What ever you want, but max 50 tiles
    Excellent! Thank you for the clarification. I have been practicing #MicroMini builds so all I need to do is figure out the budget.

Join the #MicroMini Movement http://tinyurl.com/MiniMicroBuildSims Creating Big Things in Small Spaces
    Post edited by EuphorialQueen on
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Glad to see you back @BuildnShare.

Looking forward to this Tiny House challenge. Can't wait to get started :)
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    edited July 2015
    We have started a Mini Micro theme in honor of your Think Tiny Build-n-Share challenge. Here is the link Support Think Tiny @ Build-n-Share

Edit: In no way are we trying to copy your original idea....we just wanted to be supportive.

See here Theme: Support Build-n-Share:Think Tiny
    Post edited by BUTTONSGINGER on
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:23 Think Tiny
    FORUM ID: EuphorialQueen
    ORIGIN ID: EuphorialQueen
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Think Tiny BnS23 by EQ
    LOT COST: §1,500
    BUILD COST: §22,331
    TOTAL COST: §23,831
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Pictures at EQCreations Sims 4 Properties & Rooms
    ENTRY DETAILS: Cozy Cottage located in Newcrest built with open floor plan, full bath and double bed to sleep either a couple or a single Sim. Unique shaped patio with grill, outdoor dining and chess table. Garden plot in the back all ready for planting. Enjoy the fresh air while painting at the easel or strumming on the guitar.
    07-17-12.jpg
    07-17-13.jpg
    Julie and Taylor Franklin represented by the Buchanan household Daisy Buchanan and Jay Gatsby by @Buttonsginger
    edited July 2015
    It has been a 'while' since I posted in a BnS challenge. Hope I did the form and pictures correctly. In any case it was fun.
    Edit: Knew I forgot something.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC or Mods used. Credit listed above for the Sims created by @Buttonsginger
    kamb1403 wrote: »
    Glad to see you back @BuildnShare.
    Looking forward to this Tiny House challenge. Can't wait to get started :)
    I will be looking for yours soon. <3

• mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    It has been a 'while' since I posted in a BnS challenge. Hope I did the form and pictures correctly. In any case it was fun.
    Edit: Knew I forgot something.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC or Mods used. Credit listed above for the Sims created by @Buttonsginger

OH I really love the curb appeal of this home! I love that 1 rock wall in the kitchen! Very nice work!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

CHALLENGE #: 23
    FORUM ID: kamb1403
    ORIGIN ID: bokylie1
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Tiny Franklin House
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: $29803
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s12.photobucket.com/user/bokylie1/slideshow/Build n Share 23
    ENTRY DETAILS: Tiny Franklin House has a cottage feel about it. The bedroom is separated from the house by an enclosured dining area. A small pool is found just outside the gate near the bedroom, allowing for some cheeky night time skinny dipping from our amorous couple.

BuildNShare%2023%20-%201_zps1y1vztlp.png

BuildNShare%2023%20-%204_zpsrnbybl3d.png

BuildNShare%2023%20-%2010_zpsu8jhqsgg.png

07-17-13.jpg

I thought it was quite amazing that I had the same layout as you for the interior before I decided to move the bedroom to the other side of the outdoor dining area.

Love you build. It is very creative.

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    kamb1403 wrote: »
    FORUM ID: kamb1403
    ORIGIN ID: bokylie1
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Tiny Franklin House
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: $29803
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s12.photobucket.com/user/bokylie1/slideshow/Build n Share 23
    ENTRY DETAILS: Tiny Franklin House has a cottage feel about it. The bedroom is separated from the house by an enclosured dining area. A small pool is found just outside the gate near the bedroom, allowing for some cheeky night time skinny dipping from our amorous couple.

BuildNShare%2023%20-%201_zps1y1vztlp.png

BuildNShare%2023%20-%204_zpsrnbybl3d.png

BuildNShare%2023%20-%2010_zpsu8jhqsgg.png

You have done a really good job here @Kamb1403 Such a cute and inviting little house. :)
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    I assume it's 1 entry per person right? I only ask because I made 2, since I wasn't 100% pleased with the shape of the first, lol.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    edited July 2015

FORUM ID: Wyn
    ORIGIN ID: WyntirLily
    LEVEL: Established, I guess?
    LOT: Sweet Cottage - http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9307531C2D2811E582FAE0B13851C7FE?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=WyntirLily&max=25
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 28,478
    TOTAL COST: 29,978
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/RGgLj#0
    ENTRY DETAILS: A cute little home with a fairly narrow main room that consists of the kitchen and living room combo with doors off to the bedroom, bathroom and patio. Everything has been play tests and it all works, does require bb.moveobjects enabled when placing in build mode.

SIM: Young Couple - Gallery Link
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/jy9B2#0
    ENTRY DETAILS: I gave Taylor some scruff since he has both a baby face and age working against him, he thinks it makes him look older. I also didn't muscle him out too much since I figure he's probably just barely out of his gangly teenage years, it can be something to work on now that yoga's a thing. Based on the interview, I made him self-assured and cheerful. I decided to make him like the outdoors to compliment Julie's squeamish trait.
    I kept most of Julie's outfits pretty modest since she was shy in the interview, I figured that would carry over. Sadly there's no shy trait and I didn't think Loner really fit, so I made her clumsy, romantic and squeamish.
    And since it's young love and all that, I gave them both the soulmate aspiration.
    Also, until you said "husband" I was totally gonna make them a lesbian couple. :(

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC.

4ZHG7qu.png

xwsbiCz.png
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Hi. Creeping in because it's a tiny theme.

Q1: I'm assuming because the couple inherited the land (already paid for) it's not included in the budget? So gallery price not to exceed 30k?

Q2: Hand-made chimneys - assuming they don't count as floorspace as they aren't useable?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top