Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    edited February 2020
    CHALLENGE #133 - Tears of a Clown
    FORUM ID: jadeiam
    ORIGIN ID: jadeiam
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Sand Bar, Sulani
    NEW LOT LINK: Ashers Island
    LOT COST: N/A this build
    GALLERY COST: $73,999
    TOTAL COST: $73,999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Ashers Island Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: Ash Rutherford isn't having the best of years. He needs is a new home for himself and his daughter when she comes to visit on weekends. With a budget of $74,000 and four shipping containers each 12x4 on a smallish plot of land, he is hoping we can make that dream come true.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please

eFGLAzf.png
    DyuNWru.png
    Post edited by jadeiam on
  • Options
    Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Ash's Bathroom
    NEW LOT LINK: as soon as I have wifi I'll add it
    LOT COST: N/A this build
    GALLERY COST: $7,500

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/gallery/mYigIc7

ENTRY DETAILS: Ash's bathroom - conveniently only 4 tiles wide to allow placement in a container build

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please

abvT9sc.jpg
    NdE0vBm.jpg
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD: Single Dad
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BuildNShare 133, Tears of a Clown
    ENTRY DETAILS: After the divorce was said & done, Ash walked away with full custody of his daughter Emily. Her Mom made a quick exit to pursue Money, er- her new boyfriend, her Boss. Since her birth Ash has cared for Emily. He was a full time Dad pursuing his Entertainment Career at night & on the weekends.Father & daughter are best of friends & in their new home became a family of 3, adopting a stray cat that kept hanging around the lot.. Emily is a B student in school. She is a Goofball like her Dad & she is an artistic prodigy. Ash is now employed full time in the entertainer career, he is an Open Mic Seeker. He is Goofy , Cheerful & a Foodie. Rhea the adopted stray is skittish, Spoiled & Fluffy.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG: @DianePink
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

83171284_2620305188189556_7797031690118889472_o.png?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=ZBvC8q1nAQ8AX8Zg61j&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-3.fna&oh=cbe64d51ab31a4296f5f6076bcef3123&oe=5E9291B6

83669407_2620270831526325_137603107122053120_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=5a_TwPqKAzgAX_pZpn-&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=25d545c808b58d2b2f1af1e9d0ad4c05&oe=5E8F2587
  • Options
    DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    edited February 2020
    BUILD ENTRY FORM.
    CHALLENGE #133 - Tears of a Clown.

FORUM ID: Devilariah.
    ORIGIN ID: Devilariah.
    LEVEL: Expert.
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C125FE3444AE11EA822A7B704FCB04A0?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Devilariah&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2500.
    LOT NAME: Domus Familiaris,  Brindleton Bay.
    GALLERY COST: 72734.
    TOTAL COST: 75434 (But it don't matter Ya'lll!!! xD).
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/LP1rrcX
    ENTRY DETAILS: 4 Containers placed neatly together, linked by a wooden hallway, turned into this Happy Container Home! 
    STRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please 🙂
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:  None.
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Devilariah
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Devilaraih
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 

Y4h97A7.png
    9x4FKxY.png
    Post edited by Devilariah on
  • Options
    MapleDarlingMapleDarling Posts: 2 New Member
    FORUM ID: MapleDarling
    ORIGIN ID: JinxtheCanadian
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dachshund's Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A69E913544AF11EA85997B704FCB04A0?searchtype=hashtag&category=lots&time=all&searchquery=BnS133&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: N/A
    GALLERY COST: 65,824
    TOTAL COST: 65,824
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://imgur.com/a/23ReMOS
    ENTRY DETAILS: A mix of modern style, the playfulness of childhood, and a bit of industriality! In my build, I imagine that Ash really wanted this house to please his daughter, and so she gets two whole floors to herself!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please :)
    TWITTER TAG: @DarlingMaple
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    edited February 2020
    FORUM ID: MapleDarling
    ORIGIN ID: JinxtheCanadian
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dachshund's Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A69E913544AF11EA85997B704FCB04A0?searchtype=hashtag&category=lots&time=all&searchquery=BnS133&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: N/A
    GALLERY COST: 65,824
    TOTAL COST: 65,824
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/23ReMOS
    ENTRY DETAILS: A mix of modern style, the playfulness of childhood, and a bit of industriality! In my build, I imagine that Ash really wanted this house to please his daughter, and so she gets two whole floors to herself!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please :)
    TWITTER TAG: @DarlingMaple

image.png
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    **Just for Fun** Build Entry

FORUM ID: JojoMOMSTER

ORIGIN ID: jojoMOMSTER

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Deadgrass Discoveries

NEW LOT LINK: Four 53' Containers

LOT COST: 2500

GALLERY COST: 84361

TOTAL COST: 86861, yes, way over but I put so much time in I still wanted to post

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/tNgVPf9

ENTRY DETAILS: So why the just for fun entry? A shipping container is always 8' or 2.44m wide. A tile is one meter. I could not reconcile the four tiles wide with shipping container. (There would be too much overhang when loaded on a truck deck) It’s not you @BuildnShare it's me. 12x4x4=192. Your modular buildings would be like 40' work camp modular buildings or school portables. 16x3x4=192 so same tile count, is closer to the 53' ISO container.
    Ash had four containers on an island next to an old lighthouse. The containers were stacked in an interlocking pattern, lashed together to withstand the winter winds and secured to raised pilings so the container bottoms won't decay. The mesh skirting is to dissuade any pragmatic skunks or racoons from getting any ideas. You can't see it but there is plank foam insulation secured under each of the containers and sealed. On the inside, the unfinished wood plank floors have been sanded and sealed. There is staircase on the inside corner where the four containers intersect. The staircase has extra support posts to take weight down to the floor of the lower containers. This is needed because all the strength in a container is in the corners. For the interior finishing, there are interlocking plank foam backed drywall panels secured to spacers and then the corrugated areas behind the walls and ceiling were filled with spray foam. The home feels quiet, it does not feel tinny or echoey. Window openings were cut into the containers and good R factor windows were inserted. Cladded trim was added at all the junctions and corners for extra strength and to close any gaps. The exterior should not require much upkeep. Four brightly coloured containers might look a little clownish but Ash really doesn't mind.
    For the interior I went on an unabashed CC binge using more "slim” furnishings since my containers are only 3 tiles wide. I very rarely use CC but decided to go all out for this build. The front door leads to a vestibule then straight into the kitchen. There is no stove but the SIMs are just fine with a fridge, microwave and coffee pot. After the kitchen, there is an open area with laundry, a door leading outside and the base of the stairs. Wrapping around the staircase is the library, as we enter the next container there is a cozy seating room with a fireplace and past that is the media room. The media room has a carpet floor for better acoustics. Upstairs is a bit of a playroom then on the right there is a bathroom and through the bathroom is Emmaleigh's room. Emmaleigh has a little balcony and fire escape. Upstairs to the left is a half bath for guests then Ash's room and at the end of that container above the front door a full en-suite.
    The landscaping is simple and meant to blend-in with the surrounding flora. The open space in the elbow of the building has a fire pit, grill, picnic table and swing set. The view of the sea is probably breathtaking.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: SIMKEA Furnishings by illogical simmer (Tumblr), Modern Kitchen Stuff by littledica (MTS), Family Fun Stuff by simsi45 (MTS), Corrugated Metal Wall by Komudesigns (TSR)

QJLJm9K.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    FORUM ID: JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID: jojoMOMSTER
    HOUSEHOLD: Beep! Beep!
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ddnli5A
    ENTRY DETAILS: Ash is a school teacher by day, a Dad whenever he gets the chance and a silly clown named Beep! Beep! who spreads good cheer to children in hospital. Emmaleigh is the daughter of Ash Rutherford and Missy Street by KittySnowball. She is usually with her mom but she has tons of fun with her Dad. She knows he misses her terribly so she cherishes her time with him and tries extra hard to behave when she is with him.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of Course!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CAS CC
    9ujNYiL.png
  • Options
    DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Omg i woke up last night and suddenly thought... IT WAS 74000!!!
    I kept thinking during this challenge the budget was 75000.... xD
    But i just saw i was still under thnk goodness, but last night was weird... randomly waking up and thinking that bhahaha
    Sims is taking over my entire life... lol

So many amazing entries again! Gonna have fun checking them out =D
  • Options
    @Devilariah i thought we controlled them but now we know the truth 🤫😆
    Your build has a very industrial/ container feel, I really like it.
  • Options
    AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Oh my @JojoMOMSTER 👏👏👏👏

I came to spend a couple of hours checking out the entries but got sidetracked by all your detail, fab! I love how you’ve tailored the challenge to make it work for you and you’ve found some gorgeous CC to make it work (think my fave has to be that pull out dining table!) and used it so effectively, the whole build is just so realistic and well done 💖 have to ask.....do you own a container home??

Ok, now to look at all the rest!
  • Options
    @AliSim19 Thank you so much! I do not own a container home. My mind does like “what if” rabbit holes a little too much. Very kind comment, thank you again.
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Everyone's entries are so wonderful! We have so much talent and creativity around there here parts. =)
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited February 2020
    5nd1sli.png

February's Challenge will be posted tomorrow :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Well it’s official, you lot did such great entries you broke my internet! Started to look at slideshows yesterday and the internet died....major catastrophe on a Sunday for my kids :D Spent the day playing good old fashioned board games instead, loved it!

Internet totally fine now they back in school so think I’ve caught all of you on the gallery for comments, such a creative bunch, awesome work all :)<3
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    #BnS134 - Hawthorne Project X: The Ravenwoods

Dear Lords and Ladies of the Hawthorne Project,

Let me introduce myself; I am Lord Benjamin Thaddeus Ravenwood, adventurer, explorer, inventor and time traveler. I am writing to you on behalf of my Lady Elizabeth Genevieve Ravenwood and myself.

My Lady and I have traveled here from the year 1881. We never intended to stay here for very long, but unfortunately our timemachine has broken down. We have been exploring your magnificent time, finding shelter in the parks and places that are called 'camping'. So far it has been a wonderful experience, despite our broken machine.

Given enough time we surely would be able to repair the apparatus, but our situation has recently changed. Even though we never have been lucky enough to conceive, my Lady Elizabeth is now with child. I am afraid the little one would not survive the harsh journey back in time even if we would be able to. We would never undertake an endeavor that could bring harm to our child, so we have decided we will have to stay in this century. At least until the child is old enough.

As far as I am concerned this century is a marvelous one, full of medical and technological wonders. Even if I sometimes wonder where all the steam is to power all of it.

In the short months we have been here, we have explored the jungles of Selvadorada, traveled the precarious roads of Granite Falls, wandered the deserts of Oasis Springs, revelled in the beauty of Windenburg and marveled at the great city of San Myshuno. We are enjoying the wild extravagance of this century and most of all the frankness of the people. The sensibilities of our own age never much agreed with us. Nevertheless, as expected, not every person is equally discerning. Some people in the city told us we were, -how did they put it?- 'Bloody cool Steampunks'. Of course, I checked, but we were neither cold nor bleeding at the time.

But I digress. I am writing because we are in need of a home. Now that we no longer are just the two of us, we need to make sure the little life we bring into this strange new world will have a good start. We were lucky to have been introduced to your wonderful project by a very friendly doctor of the San Myshuno Free Clinic, who then helped us though the bewildering process of 'downloading' and 'printing' the necessary papers that enabled me to write you this plea. They assured me the postal services are excellent and you will receive my writing within days!

There is still much to learn for us here and we will have to work hard to find a place in a time which is not our own so we can provide a stable living for our little one.

As far as the house is concerned, I am sure a simple roof over our heads will suffice. Nevertheless, Lady Elizabeth does miss the aesthetics of our time. She also longs for the tranquility of our old home in the country, where we were surrounded by nothing but nature. I must agree; everything here is very busy and loud. If I could make one request it would be to live somewhere quiet. Maybe somewhere where I could fish and plant a fruit- and vegetable garden. I do not think we need this thing called 'electricity' everybody is talking about, we have always managed fine with a little steam from a good fire. I like to build things, so I will need a space to work on my inventions and see to repairing our timemachine in case we will want to go back someday.

A woodfire and candles will do to warm ourselves and light the house. We can cook on a woodstove as well. We would love to keep some animals, but I am not sure this is possible at this time.

My Lady enjoys reading, painting and playing the violin. And of course we will need sufficient space and supplies for our child to grow up strong and smart like its parents.

We hope you will accept our humble request. Surely do not fear if this is not possible, above all we are adventurers, so we will rise to any challenge.

With highest regard,
    Lord and Lady Ravenwood.

P.S.
    If it is in any way helpful, we did not come here empty handed. We have a considerable amount of valuables we can invest in this home if needed. But we still cannot purchase a house regularly, for we do not have any of the necessary papers to do so.

See @4Sanne 's fantastic Hawthorne entry HERE

The Brief:
    • Budget: $40,000
    • Lot cost must be included in the $40,000 budget
    • As with all Hawthorne legacies, the home must contain a computer, a garden, a chess table, an easel, at least one musical instrument, a piece of fitness equipment and a fully stocked bookcase
    • Include a nursery space for the new baby or at least a crib.
    • Lord Ravenwood would like space to create inventions while Lady Ravenwood requires space for reading, painting and practicing violin

Room Challenge:
    Create Lady Ravenwood's hobby room - Budget is 10,500

Sim Challenge:
    As these are sim submitted for the Hawthorne project, there is no Sim Challenge this round.

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS134 when you upload your creations. Any build, room or household without this hashtag will be docked points in judging.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    @BuildnShare Inquiry: I'm reading Off-Off-Grid AND Computer. Can we assume the Tablet is a computer?
  • Options
    I believe you mean the newfangled chalk-less slate @Taoron
  • Options
    I believe you mean the newfangled chalk-less slate @Taoron

LOL Right?
  • Options
    R.I.P. Adorable little woodworking shed. NO MONEY FOR YOU
    SlZQyrP.png
  • Options
    jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    Taoron wrote: »
    @BuildnShare Inquiry: I'm reading Off-Off-Grid AND Computer. Can we assume the Tablet is a computer?

Curious about this also, if there is no electricty ie candle lighting, wood stove (expensive little sucker) how do we supply a computer?
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 2020
    jadeiam wrote: »

Curious about this also, if there is no electricty ie candle lighting, wood stove (expensive little sucker) how do we supply a computer?

What about a lap top they can charge while at their favorite cafe? Unless there is solar power in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    iampes23 wrote: »

What about a lap top they can charge while at their favorite cafe? Unless there is solar power in the Sims 4.

The Tablets are Off Grid, which is why I specifically asked about them. Maxis really needs to make the Solar Panels in debug an electricity supply, for the Off Grid homes.
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »

The Tablets are Off Grid, which is why I specifically asked about them. Maxis really needs to make the Solar Panels in debug an electricity supply, for the Off Grid homes.

I agree, because that would be true in real life. And I prefer my sims to be eco-friendly. :D
  • Options
    Good point, guys! We are going to remove the Hawthorne computer requirement for this particular set of clients ;) You can supply them with a tablet or laptop if you wish, but it's not required.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top