Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@FaithofKaela when I try the link for your pictures it takes me to the same postings as Abelhinha35. I am confuse! I cleaned my browser history and tried a third time with the same result. :(
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @FaithofKaela when I try the link for your pictures it takes me to the same postings as Abelhinha35. I am confuse! I cleaned my browser history and tried a third time with the same result. :(
    Pass, no idea, I have edited and recopied my showcase link. Hope that sorts it out. I did copy the entry form from Abelhinha35's post, so maybe I forgot to change the link?

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Beautiful @faithofkaela..it's awesome that you put so much effort into the garden, and I love the schoolhouse look you got to your build and the way you made it look so cheerful with muted colors! Perfect for kids!
    @valuzza90 - that's a wonderful studio for a teenaged girl. Perfect!
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @BuildnShare here is my entry:

CHALLENGE #78: The Hawthorne Project - Part V
    FORUM ID: emere
    ORIGIN ID: osiazul
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: There is hope
    LOT COST: 2,500 (Riverside Roost at Willow Creek).
    BUILD COST: 37,397
    TOTAL COST: 39,897
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/VWp8G
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is a one storey house with earthy colors at the outside to evoke the Middle East. The shapes are simple but cozy. I choose blue and yellow for the main areas, to feel you are living in a sunny day. But the colors at the bedrooms are softer, so the orphans can have calm dreams. The open plan will help Rima to work and watch over her siblings at the same time. The backyard will give this family some open space that represents the freedom, vital to keep hope. The backyard door is for Joram who can go fishing from this lot. Rima can do gardening or exercise while Maya is playing with the dollhouse. The easel is at the front terrace so Rima can paint when Maya is sleep, Joram can play the chess in the meantime.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    sspWrF1.png
    c8q57Lc.png

note: thanks to @Ainsleyf for this story <3

I have a question: when I take photos the lamps do not appear anymore. I'm at playmode, I did not have this problem before, something changed?

All the houses are beautiful <3 It is awesome to see two stories houses :o I struggled with the budget, but I wanted to keep that lot :D
    emere wrote: »
    I have a question: when I take photos the lamps do not appear anymore. I'm at playmode, I did not have this problem before, something changed?
    @emere - you'll need to move the camera quite far out, not in tab mode but live mode, to get the lights to show up, then you can use tab mode to get the lights to show up in your screenshots.
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    Thanks @Ainsleyf! (^_^)
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Abstract 3 Bedrmhttps://tinyurl.com/y8yrdsnb
    LOT COST:2,000
    BUILD COST: 36,874
    TOTAL COST: 38,874
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://flickr.com/gp/151014722@N05/mJ3Qaq
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is a wonderful spacious home with room to expand and decorate.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Nope
    0TSlsxY.jpg

Thanks @FaithofKaela maybe I use the tab mode too soon. Some of the new lamps are more sensitive to distance. I will try this :#
    Pass, no idea, I have edited and recopied my showcase link. Hope that sorts it out. I did copy the entry form from Abelhinha35's post, so maybe I forgot to change the link?

That fixed it! Nice job! You really did a lot with so little! I never noticed that Keyboard before, I'll need to have a look for it now. Looks cheaper than my grand piano. ;)
    I hope to get mine up tonight. I'll be in trouble for it being too boxy again but I haven't got time to rework the whole thing.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    edited September 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: FoundMarbles
    ORIGIN ID: FoundMarbles
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Home Refuge in Willow Creek
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST: 38500
    TOTAL COST: 40000
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/CAA38973A27811E78ECCB5F2B29B385F?category=lots&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=downloads&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=Home Refuge&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - https://imgur.com/a/folKm
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    In Willow Creek
    "Home Refuge" has 3 bedrooms and one full bathroom.
    Inspired by what I know of Iran from many friends that I have who were refugees from that Country. The lot landscaping includes 4 garden planters with 14 plants of all kinds and 6 fruit trees. A computer in the main bedroom, a chess table, an easel and a grand piano. The fitness equipment is provided by merit of a TV. There is a large book case. A very nice fireplace should provide physical and emotional warmth. The pillow seats are typical of Iran and the sofa is the closest I could find to the correct style. I gave them a dining table though some of my Iranian friends have had me dine sitting on a carpet! The exterior sand walls are very typical though the houses generally have a centre court yard rather than exterior but the budget forbid that kind of realism. All in it should serve the orphanded family quite well. Decorations are a little on the slim side due to budget constraints.
    The budget came in dead on $40,000.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: YES
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NO CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ikT4rHE.png
    mS0J7WV.png
    Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS78

The deadline for this challenge is 27th September 2017
    Post edited by BuildnShare on September 14
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited September 2017
    I love this challenge and the family, so I made a try. I hope I am still in time.

FORUM ID: AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LEVEL: I think I am expert, but sometimes not sure.
    LOT: Inner Oasis
    LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST: 37,372
    TOTAL COST: 39,872
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://photos.app.goo.gl/yMf70x7QfniBQ9Yj1
    (I´m not sure if this link works)
    ENTRY DETAILS: I centered on the Middle East style in the architecture and decorations and on the family interests and needs, that is why I placed a big orchard and a fishing pond in the back yard. I set a bathroom in the second floor and a half bathroon in the first floor.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NO

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    27-09-2017_9-30-01.png

27-09-2017_9-27-12.png

Post edited by AIRIS6962 on
    edited September 2017

That fixed it! Nice job! You really did a lot with so little! I never noticed that Keyboard before, I'll need to have a look for it now. Looks cheaper than my grand piano. ;)
    I hope to get mine up tonight. I'll be in trouble for it being too boxy again but I haven't got time to rework the whole thing.
    The keyboard is from the City Living Pack and is only $945 ;) And I really like what you did with your entry! The interiors are great and I love the wall of fish :)

@AIRIS6962 - lovely to see you here my sweet! Inner Oasis is stunning, I don't think you have to worry about putting yourself in the Expert Category :) Your interiors are so bright and sunny, awesome.

Thank you very much, @FaithofKaela ! You are always so nice and sweet :blush:<3
    I suppose that my link works if you could see the interiors :wink:
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Wildlings
    ORIGIN ID: theWildlings
    LEVEL: some time ago I was Expert
    LOT: Genie's Wish
    LOT COST: 2.000 (Daisy Hovel)
    BUILD COST: 37,815
    TOTAL COST: 39,815
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/JWJQi
    ENTRY DETAILS: It's been a while since I've built something for this challenge. Thank you for always inspiring me!!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please!!!

sNj1FzY.png
    LwgRSyr.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited September 2017
    Aaand that draws #BnS78 to a close! Some truly awesome creations this time around, good luck everyone!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited September 2017
    A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

#BnS 79: The Third Sister - Carrie

“Carrie! What a lovely surprise!”  You say, standing up to greet the woman walking into your office.

“Sorry I dropped in without an appointment,”

She says, giving your hand a firm shake. Her green eyes scan the room briefly before returning to meet yours.

“Not at all. Have a seat.”

She sits, crossing her jeans clad legs. “Nice office.”

“Thank you. How did your concert go?”

“Concert?” She looks blank for a moment.

“The one you were getting set up for when Journye and I talked.”

“Oh! Went great. Had a few injuries, but that happens sometimes.”

“I hope it wasn’t serious.”

“Nah.” She shrugs it off. “Journye loves the place you did for her and Rosie. She sent pics and Rosie cant wait to get moved in. Its a pretty nice place. I was wondering if you could do something for me too.”

“Of course. What are you thinking about?”

“Well, theres an empty lot next to Journye’s. I’d kind of like to build there. I’m single, so I want to make sure there’s room to expand later if I hook up with anyone.” Carrie says with a grin, brushing a lock of dark brown hair out of her eyes. “So, I guess for starters…Master bedroom with en suite. I think that’s what they’re called. The attached bathrooms?”

You nod, “En suites.”

“Open concept living area, you know, where everything is all one room? Decent kitchen. Comfy furniture for hanging out in. Maybe another bathroom or something so I don’t have people going into my room to use the toilet.”

“Sure. Any color scheme?”

“I like earth tones. Um, nothing too modern but not frilly either.” She thinks for a moment, “Could I get a pool too? And a fenced in yard? Tall fence. I don’t want people peeking in when I’m swimming.”

“Sure. Did you have a budget?”

“Journye said you did a miracle with 45k, so lets go with that.”

Brief
    • Budget 45k
    • Earthtone color schemes
    • Pool
    • Fenced in yard
    • Security system
    • Master suite
    • Half bath in the main area
    • Open concept

Room Challenge:
    Create Sarah a pool area, we realise that you cannot upload pools as part of a room, so you will not need to upload the room. The pool area must include a pool ;) a place for the Sister's and their significant others to relax and some sort of bar area.

Sim Challenge:
    Create Sarah and her 'Sister's' and show her hosting a pool party.

NB There have been previous challenges featuring the Sisters, you can find details in our archives, The Four Sister's Of The Apocalypse and The Second Sister - Journye.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    @BuildnShare which lot should we use for #79
    edited September 2017
    @BuildnShare which lot should we use for #79
    @abelhinha35 - You can use any lot, in any neighbourhood for this challenge, we know it says it must be close to Journye, but that could also have been built anywhere. If you did participate in #BnS58, then you may of course build close by.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @BuildnShare - Security System? Like, the security camera that is available?
    edited September 2017
    misscbong wrote: »
    @BuildnShare - Security System? Like, the security camera that is available?
    @misscbong - You'll need to get creative :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Wow @emere, very cool! Love the blue and yellow colors and the use of the brown and white tiling. Cool!
    @syddyb206 - Very nice!! Really like the big windows with all the light and the brick kitchen! Neat!!
    @foundmarbles - Love what you did with the carpet tiles and the windows you used. Cool roof as well!
    @airis6962 - Stunning home! Such a beautiful back garden and love the arbor tops you made!
    @wildling - Beautiful home! The indoor fountain with the tiling and arches is particularly gorgeous (as is the stairway and balcony) Cool!

Great new challenge too @buildnshare! Sounds like fun!

Thank you very much @Ainsleyf :)
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    I just looked back on the Journye build and I realised how much I've grown
    0TSlsxY.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top