Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    edited March 2017
    CHALLENGE #: 65 - The Hawthorne Project - Part 3
    FORUM ID: jhgkjhgkjh
    ORIGIN ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Modern Ranch
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST: 38258
    TOTAL COST: 39758
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Images
    ENTRY DETAILS: Since Dave suffers from PTSD, I wanted his house to be a safe haven where he could feel both at home and inspired. Earthly colors on the outside combined with stone will help to feel him grounded. A modern structure with clean lines and an open concept will make the house look bigger than it actually is. The blue and beige color scheme is supposed to be calming and relaxing.
    The kids share a bathroom, which works as a guest bath as well. Daves small mastersuite is his retreat.
    After all I tried to safe some money and give him a small pool - a cool refreshment in the hot desert sun and a great place to hang out with his kids! For serving his country he really deserves that little piece of luxury.

SIM: Dave Potter
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Images
    ENTRY DETAILS: Dave loves his new home and he already started gardening, painting and on the last Picture you can see him in the front yard, waiting for his ex-wife to drop of his beloved children, because all he ever wanted, was a huge and happy family and who knows? Maybe there is a happy ending after all for him... with a woman who loves him for whom he really is.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: is always welcome! :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC or mods used

20b1k6c.png
    1zfj0pv.png
    Post edited by jhgkjhgkjh on
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @jhgkjhgkjh Wow. It look great and you did it so fast. The living room and painting area AND gardening area are all really nice and I just love the view out his bedroom window!
    edited March 2017
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LOT: Converted Barn
    LOT COST:2000.00
    BUILD COST:37917.00
    TOTAL COST: 39917.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/TXM6a
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted something cozy with a country feel so I went with a converted barn style. I also chose a lot of soothing Earth tones. Kitchen is open into the dining room. Master bedroom is on first floor, kid's rooms on the 2nd floor. I built it on the Cookout Lookout lot in Newcrest.
    Constructed criticism is welcome.
    AXROuXE.png
    vnMuzq1.png
    Thank you so much, @Ainsleyf! I'm glad you like my entry, wasn't sure if I thought of every piece that had to be in there...

But your converted barn is really georgous! I love the homey feeling - it is so cozy and warm! Great kitchen by the way -you're cabient choice is really thoughtful. They go really well with the converted barn-theme. :) What a lovely place to feel at home!
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    @jhgkjhgk - Definitely like it. Love it. And thank you!!
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    SIM: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/917698700ACB11E7872F67AF38314277
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/xm5Lx
    ENTRY DETAILS: Dave is gloomy, active and a loner. He's just not comfortable around strangers and isn't quite ready to re-enter the social world. He loves the solitude of his garden and his counselor thinks this new hobby is the perfect therapy for him. His aspiration is to have the most beautiful and perfect garden in Newcrest.
    lzuOruU.png
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @jhgkjhgkjh - modern ranch is delightful!! Loving the post modern architecture and the interiors are really soothing, great job!!

@Ainsleyf - such a gorgeous little converted barn! Those dormers are adorable.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    @jhgkjhgkjh @Ainsleyf wow! I'm amazed how you guys build such beautiful homes in such a short amount of time! Absolutely gorgeous!
    @FaithofKaela and @nicolethebowl thank you both! I'm glad that you like it! :)

Once I start a new building I'd rather not stop till it is done, otherwise I lose the grip of what I wanted to say with the design.
    Maya Angelou

jhgkjhgkjh wrote: »
    @FaithofKaela and @nicolethebowl thank you both! I'm glad that you like it! :)

Once I start a new building I'd rather not stop till it is done, otherwise I lose the grip of what I wanted to say with the design.

@jhgkjhgkjh - I know that feeling well, it's why I have sooo many unfinished builds in my library ;)

@jhgkjhgkjh - I know that feeling well, it's why I have sooo many unfinished builds in my library ;)

Me too... sigh. Maybe we should upload them and let someone else finish them. Could be another challenge... :)
    Maya Angelou

Thank you @FaithofKaela and @Nicolethebowl! I'm looking forward to everyone else's builds. There's an awful lot of creative talent in this group.
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Gorgeous homes @jhgkjhgkjh and @Ainsleyf ! Modern Ranch has a great layout and colours & textures are perfect for a desert home. I really like the design of Converted Barn (I love converted barns), great kitchen and that little nook upstairs with the teddies is so cute.
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    edited March 2017
    Am I allowed to make it a penthouse or an apartment?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    Am I allowed to make it a penthouse or an apartment?
    Nothing saying you can't ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Wait so I can use an apartment to build this home for them? Just to make sure(:
    Thanks so much @folala!
    @SyddyB206 and @WiggleyTuff - on reflection, yes, you can build an apartment, however, you need to do so on a slightly tighter budget, as basically the shell is already built for you. We're going to knock $10,000 off if you chose to go this way.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    You know, there is such a positive vibe in this forum. There can be a lot of bitterness in various forums on the sims so it's refreshing to come on here and see such amazing creations and enthusiasm from everyone. :)
    glen1974 wrote: »
    You know, there is such a positive vibe in this forum. There can be a lot of bitterness in various forums on the sims so it's refreshing to come on here and see such amazing creations and enthusiasm from everyone. :)
    We like our little corner of happiness @glen1974 ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID:SyddyB206
    LOT: Lightbox
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 37,821
    TOTAL COST: 39,821
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/gallery/kl3V4
    ENTRY DETAILS: This house is very bright! There are lots of windows. If you put your lighting settings on high, the lighting is beautiful! There are 3 bedrooms. A master bedroom, a boys room, and a girls room. There is one bathroom. The landscaping in the back is simple, but beautiful.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    Gorgeous entry @SyddyB206!! Such an unusual piece of architecture.
    @SyddyB206 Nice! I really like the colorful sheets and suitcase table in the otherwise grey room. Really makes it pop.
    edited March 2017
    Thank you, @folala!

So many creative houses here! This is really stunning!
    @SyddyB206 Great house! I absolutely love the lightning and the garden!
    Maya Angelou

• WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I wanted to build a penthouse but when I delete everything the lot value is still 14k x.x is there a chance I can change it to 4k or is it suppose to be like that? Its the 30x20 penthouse.. Otherwise ill go and do something else

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top