Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Haha @Stangmix2 - you're obviously doing something right!! Of course you deserve it!!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Just to let you all know, to find hidden objects, the search term has reverted to DEBUG. This happened with the new patch.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I'm on vacation for a month! I might try this out. I still don't know if I should enter as Starting Out or Established, though...
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    I'm on vacation for a month! I might try this out. I still don't know if I should enter as Starting Out or Established, though...
    Oooh @SerraNolwen - would be great if you could join in. As for what category to enter, that is totally up to you, Starting Out is for very novice builders who don't know much about building, so not much use of MOO etc, Established is for those who are a little more knowledgeable about what you are able to do with the tools of the game. Hope that helps.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Just to let you all know, to find hidden objects, the search term has reverted to DEBUG. This happened with the new patch.

Thanks so much for this! I was struggling with 'unknown' last night playing my game and wondering if I had a bug. Never thought to try 'debug' again! :)

Loving all the builds for the latest round, amazing what one can do with such a small budget. Great job everyone and good luck! :)

• xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    FORUM ID: Xraygrl2004
    ORIGIN ID: Xraygrl2004
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E70F7BD1E05C11E780ECC38F04807BF8
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow (Oasis Springs)
    BUILD COST: $48,007
    TOTAL COST: $49,507
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://tinypic.com/a/aytw6d/2
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to recreate a house similar to that of which they would've lost in the earthquake. A small southwest adobe style. Since Sofia and Adrian were shuffled through the foster system I wanted to give them a space to call their own. A small open living/dining/kitchen area is perfect for family time together. The back patio is perfect for Mateo to watch as Sofia and Adrian play on the monkey bars or he can enjoy some fishing in the pond while being close by should they need anything.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: iem3k1.jpg
    9joepf.jpg
    nxkear.jpg
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    edited December 2017
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #84: Familia
    FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: FidgetyAtom
    LOT: The Cabrini
    LOT COST: §2,000
    LOT NAME: Originally built on the Daisy Hovel plot
    BUILD COST: §47,999
    TOTAL COST: §49,999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Cabrini
    ENTRY DETAILS: I would have done way more landscaping, but ran out of cash! As it stands, it has a cute backyard for kids to play in and plenty of space inside for everyone. The house is decorated and ready for Kris Kringle to visit!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    I can't seem to get pics to work.

***EDIT

Changed the pricing for the build :D so it should all work out now.
    Post edited by FidgetyAtom on
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Great entries @xraygrl2004 and @FidgetyAtom.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS TO #BNS83 - A TOWNIE HOME

Your results are now available HERE.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited December 2017

FORUM ID: Abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Casa de Graca
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Agave Abode 20 x 15 (Oasis Springs)
    BUILD COST: 48,469
    TOTAL COST: 49,969
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149417332@N07/albums/72157667428669959
    ENTRY DETAILS: This build is a Latin/Greek inspired build for the Rivera family.This home has 3 bedrooms and two full bathrooms. I decided to go with an open plan living area. Incorporating the whites and blues to give it a contemporary but traditional feel to this home. I wish them to feel at home living here and to have a splendid Festive season.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC - I used MOO and SHO
    GALLERY: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4E72A6DEE11611E78771C4041DF8DF4A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

4cCqjxY.png

NB @BuildnShare, I thought I had replaced all the toddler photos in my slideshow last night but going through it this morning I realize that there are pics showing the slide in the courtyard. I don't have time to fix it as I am going to be of the grid for two weeks.
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS TO #BNS83 - A TOWNIE HOME

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    I will have to redo my entry @BuildnShare. I thought Adrian was 4 years old but by going through the brief again I see that he is 8 years old. :D
    I'm amazed by what people managed to make with this budget. I did make a few expensive choices when it came to furnishing the living room. :S But still, I really struggled with decoration and lighting at the end. Well, I'm off to play-test the whole thing.
    FORUM ID: SerraNolwen
    ORIGIN ID: SerraNolwen
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: link
    LOT COST: 1500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow
    BUILD COST: 48 492
    TOTAL COST: 49 992
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/dumuP
    ENTRY DETAILS: There are a few decorations set up for the holidays. I also included some Day of the Dead inspired items to remind them of their home. And... I ran out of money for decorations to put up on the walls. I guess they can put up drawings in their bedrooms. :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    9oInTGd.png
    7mx4AZG.png
  • MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    Awesome builds coming in for this round!

Thank you @StangMix2 and @Ainsleyf <3 Congrats to @StangMix2 for your win in the last challenge!
  • Agrippine_23Agrippine_23 Posts: 96 Member
    FORUM ID: Agrippine_23
    ORIGIN ID:Agrippine23
    LOT: Cotton Candy Cottage: https://www.ea.com/fr-fr/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F8E8C05AE1DF11E78BF6C076D3EC6188?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Agrippine23&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: § 2000
    LOT NAME: Hindquarter Hideaway (Brindleton Bay)
    BUILD COST: § 47 897
    TOTAL COST: § 49 897
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/KgU4o
    (I am so very sorry I forgot to put a picture of Adrian's bedroom and I don't know how to edit an imgur post)

ENTRY DETAILS: So. Where to begin? Ah yes! It all started when I decided to go for a pink house. I had never done a pink house before so I thought "let's try it!". But then the pink made me think of cotton candy. A cotton candy cottage. Where kids would live in after having lost their parents... does this plot sounds familiar? Well I just went all in the fairy tale theme and I thought that maybe the nice lady who found the Rivera kids wasn't so nice after all. Maybe she looked a little too much like someone trying very hard to look like a nice lady. And she wasn't fooling me when she pretended that Santa would help. Nope, this couldn't be good. Therefore the house is a cotton candy cottage. That's why I went for a pastel palette (which I never did before). I was really worried I wouldn't have enough simoleons after reading the other entries details but since I was so worried I was really cautious about what items I picked and money wasn't a problem after all (of course if I'd had unlimited funds I would have done a little bit more landscaping and maybe pick a few nicer items). I just had to change the computer you see in the pictures for the cheapest one (I'm really sorry about that). I playtested the house and everything is functional.

This was such a fun challenge, I had a lot of fun building this house :) I had no idea going for a pink house would inspire me so much for the background story :D

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please o:)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

mZX6vB7.png

qHL4gdH.png

edited December 2017
    FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: FidgetyAtom
    LOT: The Cabrini
    LOT COST: §2,000
    LOT NAME: Originally built on the Daisy Hovel plot
    BUILD COST: §48,000
    TOTAL COST: §50,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Cabrini
    ENTRY DETAILS: I would have done way more landscaping, but ran out of cash! As it stands, it has a cute backyard for kids to play in and plenty of space inside for everyone. The house is decorated and ready for Kris Kringle to visit!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    I can't seem to get pics to work.

@FidgetyAtom - just to let you know, your gallery link isn't working. If you are having problems finding the link, it's here: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/55501276E0CD11E78F3FC076D3EC6188
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member

@FidgetyAtom - just to let you know, your gallery link isn't working. If you are having problems finding the link, it's here: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/55501276E0CD11E78F3FC076D3EC6188

That link doesn't work for me either, I have had the same issue with a few links lately, am wondering if something is up Maxis side, as I myself have tried several times to fix my own links that do this but to no avail.
  • Agrippine_23Agrippine_23 Posts: 96 Member
    Oliana wrote: »

That link doesn't work for me either, I have had the same issue with a few links lately, am wondering if something is up Maxis side, as I myself have tried several times to fix my own links that do this but to no avail.

Hi @BuildnShare and @Oliana ! The link BuildnShare posted works fine for me. I find that sometimes the gallery website will simply just not load on my computer. I don't know why (maybe too much activity on it?) but it usually works if I come back to it later!

I hope you're all having a great weekend :smile:
    edited December 2017
    @Agrippine_23, thanks for checking and yes, @Oliana, there is definitely some EA weirdness with gallery links at present. @FidgetyAtom, we'll make a note in the entry list that there is something going a bit haywire with your link, so don't worry about it for this challenge.

By the way, welcome to BuildnShare!! It was very remiss of us not to welcome you to the thread before this!! Are you active on Twitter, facebook, twitter and/or tumblr, if so, let us have your tags and we'll be sure to follow you! This goes for everyone, by the way.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL:Expert
    LOT:Casa Pequena
    LOT COST: 1500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burow - Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST:48014
    TOTAL COST: 49514
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Casa Pequena
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:Absolutely
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:0XNZsUY.pngjGkiwlL.png
    Wow...I've missed a bunch of pretty entries!! Time to peruse!!
    We've had some amazing entries in so far!! Don't forget this challenge closes tomorrow night.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    FORUM ID: Mamajanaynay
    ORIGIN ID: Mamajanaynay
    LOT: Casa Solariega
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow
    BUILD COST: 47,641
    TOTAL COST: 49,141
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://ibb.co/album/ft0cOv
    ENTRY DETAILS: Casa Solariega is Spanish style home featuring an open living area with three bedrooms and two full baths. The back yard provides ample space for youngsters to run and play.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc/recolors
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 12_10_17_2_45_07_PM.png

12_10_17_3_09_56_PM.png

@Mamajanaynay - I'm just going through the entry list. Your gallery cost is listed as $49,141 - you would need to add your lot cost to this to make your total cost $50,641.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top