Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@BuildnShare "Billiards Room": How in the Sims World do we do that! There are no Billiards tables in Sims 4. Please advise. I've always been a fan of the Billiards Room but have not had one yet in the Sims 4, we did have them way back in Sims1. Have I been missing something in the build catalogues?
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2017
    @FoundMarbles - no you aren't missing anything, we do not have a billiards table in TS4, I am confident, however, with a little creative use of MOO that something can be done to create the impression of a Billiards table. If you are really struggling, a 'games room' in the style of a billiards room would suffice.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Wonderful entries @e1990r @SyddyB206 I'm so happy to see even more Simmers joining the challenge!

@FoundMarbles - no you aren't missing anything, we do not have a billiards table in TS4, I am confident, however, with a little creative use of MOO that something can be done to create the impression of a Billiards table. If you are really struggling, a 'games room' in the style of a billiards room would suffice.

PS: Is there a particular lot that must be used or a particular "Town"?
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

@BuildnShare Total budget is now 350K?
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited May 2017
    Wow, loving this, I have something in mind, now, can I tear myself away from Mass Effect to complete it??
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    @BuildnShare Total budget is now 350K?
    Nope, the budget is $300,000. We've edited the brief to show the corrected amount. As for the town and lot, totally up to you. Just remember that the price of the lot must be included within the budget.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    What a challenge! And I admit to being a bit slow today, and didn't realize the Clue theme until the Brief at the end, lol. So fun!

@BuildnShare one more dumb question: Conservatory as in a formal music room? (Wants a pool there) Generally the 2 don't go together! Just making sure I know what that room is about. :blush:
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

Thanks to everyone who like my build for the pastel challenge!
    @BuildnShare one more dumb question: Conservatory as in a formal music room? (Wants a pool there) Generally the 2 don't go together! Just making sure I know what that room is about. :blush:

I can chime in real quick- here in the states, at least in my area, a conservatory can also be a greenhouse type of room that's attached to the home proper. I believe that's what the challenge is calling for.

@FoundMarbles - @JasonAnthonySterling is indeed correct. We are looking for a indoor garden type room with pool. Hope this clears things up for you.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

I'm the worlds slowest builder and this seems a huge project but I will give it a go and see how far I get! Totally missed the last challenge.
    glen1974 wrote: »

I'm the worlds slowest builder and this seems a huge project but I will give it a go and see how far I get! Totally missed the last challenge.

I know how you feel @glen1974, I just got my shell finished today, after spending all day yesterday faffing around.....

I know how you feel @glen1974, I just got my shell finished today, after spending all day yesterday faffing around.....

@FaithofKaela I thought I was the only one to use the term faffing around! :D:D:D Gonna start it now...

@FaithofKaela I thought I was the only one to use the term faffing around! :D:D:D Gonna start it now...

@glen1974 - nah, I am always faffing around in game, it feels very rare that I actually get anything done. Saying that, I think I just finished my kitchen, first room in the house.....

@glen1974 - nah, I am always faffing around in game, it feels very rare that I actually get anything done. Saying that, I think I just finished my kitchen, first room in the house.....[/quote]

@FaithofKaela just had to come back out of the game to check on the requirements again, this is going to take a while...

• SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    What size lot does it need to be on?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    What size lot does it need to be on?
    @SyddyB206 - there is no lot size requirement for this challenge, whatever you feel is best for your build :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2017
    @glen1974 - nah, I am always faffing around in game, it feels very rare that I actually get anything done. Saying that, I think I just finished my kitchen, first room in the house.....

@FaithofKaela just had to come back out of the game to check on the requirements again, this is going to take a while...

Ummm, yeah, you could say that :tongue:
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    I actually had to write everything down, just to keep track of it all!

And have had to redo my floor plan about three times, because I keep forgetting every room on the main floor need to come off of the central foyer.
    \
    misscbong wrote: »

And have had to redo my floor plan about three times, because I keep forgetting every room on the main floor need to come off of the central foyer.

Does the brief really say that? I'm in trouble if it does. After reading your post I went back and read the brief a couple more times. What am I missing here? I know they all need proper doors and fire places but all must open off the foyer as well? I have built 5 shells already and the last is near to completion, please tell me it ain't so! :'(
    edited May 2017
    "Mr. Boddy demands that his mansion be at least 2 stories. The first floor is to contain an entrance hall, leading to a central foyer. Off of this central foyer he requires a kitchen, dining room, lounge, ballroom, conservatory, billiard room, library and study. All of these are to be separate rooms. There is to be a fireplace in each of these rooms except the kitchen and conservatory. The conservatory must contain a pool. It doesn't have to be big, it simply has to be there and useable. The kitchen must have low end appliances."
    I'm afraid so @FoundMarbles.

GArBA5W.jpg

Tell me about it @misscbong, I have a spread in my Bullet Journal with all the rooms specified all ready to tick off as they are completed ;)

\

Does the brief really say that? I'm in trouble if it does. After reading your post I went back and read the brief a couple more times. What am I missing here? I know they all need proper doors and fire places but all must open off the foyer as well? I have built 5 shells already and the last is near to completion, please tell me it ain't so! :'(

@FoundMarbles - I misread the brief at first too my lovely, so this is my 3rd or 4th shell, I've lost count.....

( [/quote]
    @FoundMarbles - I misread the brief at first too my lovely, so this is my 3rd or 4th shell, I've lost count.....
    [/quote]

Oooo! This is gonna be a hard one!
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I'm working away and really getting into this challenge... you know $300,000 sounds like a lot of money... sounds like-lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top