Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    edited December 2016
    Questions. Can I add a porch in front? Can I change the exterior wallpaper? Can I change the two single doors can I change it to one double door? For the line of windows above the doors, can I put multiple two block windows? Can I make a Basement? Can I place a window where a door is?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    Questions. Can I add a porch in front? Can I change the exterior wallpaper? Can I change the two single doors can I change it to one double door? For the line of windows above the doors, can I put multiple two block windows? Can I make a Basement? Can I place a window where a door is?

1. You CAN add rooflines, but no more foundation can be placed.
    2. You CAN change the wall and floor treatments to any of your choosing.
    3. You CAN place a double door where there are two single doors.
    4. You CAN use multiple block windows as long as they equal the size of the original windows.
    5. You CANNOT make a basement.
    6. All doors must remain in place.

Hope this helps - have fun!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member

1. You CAN add rooflines, but no more foundation can be placed.
    2. You CAN change the wall and floor treatments to any of your choosing.
    3. You CAN place a double door where there are two single doors.
    4. You CAN use multiple block windows as long as they equal the size of the original windows.
    5. You CANNOT make a basement.
    6. All doors must remain in place.

Hope this helps - have fun!

Also, can I add column? Can I add columns in the house?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    Also, can I add column? Can I add columns in the house?

You CAN add columns inside the house.

GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE 59 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - PHASE 2

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@BuildnShare and company: Merry Xmas! and thanks for this challenges <3
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @BuldnShare Do we have to build the lot in Potters Splay in Willow Creek or can I build it in Windenburg? IT's just that the picture of the lot on the Gallery looks awkward because it's taken from the side instead of the front and if I turn the build around, it wouldn't fit on that particular lot. Oh, and does it have to be 30X20 and no other size lot?
    @BuildnShare, oops, don't worry. I just re-read the brief and I guess you specified that the house has to be build at potters splay.
    edited December 2016
    @popettypop2012 - yep, sorry, it does have to be on Potter's Splay, we know the preview isn't going to be great, but look at the views you get from the front of the house, and we thought it would be a challenge to do a lot side on...
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE 59 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - PHASE 2

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare Oops, the brief didn't say that I can't turn the house around, so I already did that. Would I be disqualified if I do that? I did all the landscaping already :( Or, Can I submit this as an unofficial entry?
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited January 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 60 - Winter Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: On the High CC's [because I used a great deal of CC, I decided not to upload the lot to the gallery]
    LOT COST: §2,500
    BUILD COST: §161,314
    TOTAL COST: §163,814
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Client file
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose as my inspiration object Captain Chaz MacFreeling's Galleon and so decided to make a Hamptons-style coastal house with nautical elements here and there. The interior colors are white, blues, greens and warm wood tones.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: peacemaker-ic: wall and floor textures, windows and doors, corbel, rugs, lighting, cabinets and decor objects; plasticbox: outdoor plants, flowers and trees; alexpilgrim: living chair; nafSims: rugs.

2Sdmdfz.png
    lHZG0fJ.png
    Post edited by StSciurus on
  • AnadxerAnadxer Posts: 39 Member
    I have never done a builder's challenge but it looks fun. I going to try this out. Wish this beginner luck, please.

00.jpg
    Good luck @Anadxer!! Enjoy the challenge, I certainly have loads of fun every time:)
    @Anadxer , welcome to Build-n-Share! You will not be able to post pictures and links until you are a full member, but we will be glad to post those for you if you need help. @rosemow has a thread on what you need to become a full member. :smiley:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited January 2017
    Anadxer wrote: »
    I have never done a builder's challenge but it looks fun. I going to try this out. Wish this beginner luck, please.

Hello @Anadxer :) Welcome to the forums! You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself

Happy simming and building ! :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
    Thank you so much, @rosemow , for providing the links! :smiley:
    Yes, thank you @rosemow, very kind of you to post the links xx
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare Oops, the brief didn't say that I can't turn the house around, so I already did that. Would I be disqualified if I do that? I did all the landscaping already :( Or, Can I submit this as an unofficial entry?

As the brief did not specify that you could not turn the shell, you are good to go @popettypop2012 Can't wait to see what you've come up with!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Phew. Thank you so much, @BuildnShare :)
    Hello @rosemow
    Thanks for the help. I trying to get up the points now that my build is done. These links were great.
    00.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello @rosemow
    Thanks for the help. I trying to get up the points now that my build is done. These links were great.

Hello @Anadxer
    You're welcome! :) I hope that you soon get the required posts/points to become a full member!
    @StSciurus Thanks for the offer to post my build. I halfway to being a full member, I going to try and make it by the deadline. If I don't make it by the 4th I might take you up on your offer.
    00.jpg
    @StSciurus Thanks for the offer to post my build. I halfway to being a full member, I going to try and make it by the deadline. If I don't make it by the 4th I might take you up on your offer.

Please do ask for help, @Anadxer , if you need it! :smiley: We look forward to seeing your entry!
    @StSciurus, @popettypop2012 thanks for all the encouragement. I am only 4 points away from being a member and getting to post my builder's challenge. Oh and I have went to an old challenge and did it too, just for fun. It was the storage crate challenge. My daughter loved the house. I have to show you guys once I have the ability to post pictures.
    00.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top