Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Ash89Ash89 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited October 2016

CHALLENGE #: 54 - An Autumn Wedding
    FORUM ID: Ash89
    ORIGIN ID: Ash1689
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Historic Gardens
    LOT COST: 2150
    BUILD COST: 344,156
    TOTAL COST: 346, 306
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: More Pic Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Beautiful historic gardens has been nicely kept for years. Stunning grounds front and back. A gorgeous 2 story home with 5 beds and 2 baths.

Nwwv8ii.png
    MLhkjgf.jpg
    Post edited by Ash89 on
    QA8gxZg.png
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Wowza @Ash89 this is such a gorgeous venue!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Ash89Ash89 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Wowza @Ash89 this is such a gorgeous venue!!

Awwww, thank you sooo much <3@FaithofKaela

QA8gxZg.png
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited October 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/00B71A8E8C8311E68FD5CED46F8BFBEB?category=lots&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=newest&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=glenveagh castle&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false
    LOT COST: 12,000
    BUILD COST: 549, 240
    TOTAL COST: 564,423
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/gp/folala/ahkT14
    ENTRY DETAILS: I based this on a real castle in Co Donegal, Ireland because I think it would be a lovely place to have a wedding. It's a Scottish baronial style mansion. The real gardens are HUGE so I've just made up my own version of the gardens as well as the interior. I put three wedding arches so the ceremony can either be inside the castle in a dedicated room, in the formal walled garden or in the middle of the forest. There are loads of guest bedrooms and a honeymoon suite too.
    I had to abandon photobucket as its become impossible to label & organize pictures. I haven't used flickr before so please let me know if there are any problems accessing it, thanks.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 10-05-16_10-08-32nbspPM_zpsluztutxw.png
    Post edited by folala on
    Amazing @folala!!!

I am blown away by all the creativity being shown for this challenge!!
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I second the motion, @FaithofKaela ! Wonderful wedding venues so far. :o
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Thanks very much @FaithofKaela ! :) I'm loving the unlimited budget!!
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited October 2016
    FORUM ID:popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID:popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Expert?
    LOT: Let's Get Married
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2B680A6B8D1311E68262A46AF90B8639?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: I built this on the Umbrage Manor lot in Willow Creek after I bulldozed the house and I don't know how much the lot cost, sorry
    BUILD COST:194,621
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s373.photobucket.com/user/cillaben/slideshow/Lets Get Married

ENTRY DETAILS: I chose a lot of white flowers and greenery for the outside, where the wedding would be held. I love outdoor weddings, it is really romantic! There is a honeymoon suite, a living room with a huge TV, a very well equiped kitchen and a nice bathroom inside the building for the married couple to retire afterwards.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: YES, Please

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)10-08-16_35514nbspPM_zpsxu9tfxjp.png
    Post edited by popettypop2012 on
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited October 2016
    FORUM ID: oXseashellXo
    ORIGIN ID: oXseashellXo
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT: Barnyard Gardens: https://www.thesims.com/gallery/26D767F78D9511E689DFCED46F8BFBEB?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=wedding&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: Avarice Acres in Newcrest, so I think $2,500?
    BUILD COST: $242,669
    TOTAL COST: ~$245,169
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/gp/145710301@N04/9bYaP1
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted a Pinterest inspired garden venue with string lights and the ceremony in the barn, but the game doesn't have the items I would need to build that dream :(... So, The ceremony is outdoors with picturesque gardens. The lot is a fully functioning park, and the playground is tucked around back. The reception has long rustic tables adorned with flowers in bright earth tones. The industrial kitchen can provide more than enough to serve the large party. Finally, the main barn functions as the dance hall.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    30108928271_efe57afe10_b.jpg10-07-16_10-56-25 PM by Sea Shell, on Flickr
    29564675073_82bd80e737_b.jpg10-07-16_10-48-15 PM by Sea Shell, on Flickr
    Post edited by oXseashellXo on
    Everybody's entry is so different! I do not envy the judges...
    Oh wow @popettypop2012 and @oXseashellXo Yeah, the judges are going to have their work cut out for them!!!
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    Why are all you people entering as established?!?!?! :O :O :O :O
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg

I'm wondering that, too, @bouquetcatcher . You are all fantastic! :smiley:
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    StSciurus wrote: »

There's still time to change category, I'm in awe of all these creations, absolutely beautiful :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #53 THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT
    Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #53 THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT
    Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    masajo wrote: »

There's still time to change category, I'm in awe of all these creations, absolutely beautiful :)

This is only the 3rd challenge (for Sims 4) that I've entered. Challenge 52 and maybe 13ish? But if I'm in the wrong category I can change it
    masajo wrote: »

This is only the 3rd challenge (for Sims 4) that I've entered. Challenge 52 and maybe 13ish? But if I'm in the wrong category I can change it

Your level is totally up to you @oXseashellXo, head back to the first page and check out the entry guidelines to see if you think you're in the right group ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    edited October 2016
    [I'm still figuring this out, please let me know if there is anything wrong!]

FORUM ID: Wildling
    ORIGIN ID: gcouti
    LEVEL: Established? (This is my first challenge, but there are no other Starting Out contestants, so...)
    LOT: Rose's Wedding
    LOT COST: 5.500
    BUILD COST: 79.278
    TOTAL COST: 84.778
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/blindspell/slideshow/tsf/Roses venue?sort=3
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Rose wanted a fairy-tale wedding, while Douglas didn't really care, as long as she was happy. Eventually, he let it slip that he wanted something outdoors. I went for a style a little different from what I want one day for myself, I little tacky, I dare say =P

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please!

10-11-16_55328nbspPM.png?t=1476134095?943
    10-11-16_53812nbspPM.png?t=1476134008?553
    Post edited by Wildling on
    @Wildling - your build is certainly not tacky, I think it's gorgeous!!
    There seems to be some confusion about which level people should be entering. Here are the descriptions of the different groups, really take a minute to read through them and think about where you feel you should be placing yourself.

Beginner--I have a little experience, but I'm still figuring a lot of things out. I would not call myself an official "builder" at this point.

Intermediate--I have been building for awhile. I know the basics and maybe a little more. I enjoy building, but it is not my primary focus with the game.

Advanced--I know the Sims, and the Sims knows me, building tends to be my primary focus within the game. I know most of the cheats AND I know how to use them.

If you are still unsure, please feel free to ask for advice as to where we or others feel you should be entering. We normally make a comment in your feedback (if you asked for it) if we feel you are ready to move up a group, however, this is only ever a suggestion.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    And just to clarify @BuildnShare 's comments, in the Sims 4 challenges, Beginner = Starting Out, Intermediate = Established, and Advanced = Expert. :smiley:
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    I didn't mean to cause confusion! I was just blown away by the quality of the builds and was complimenting the builders! :lol: Sorry!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Gosh 🐸🐸🐸🐸, i had built a Church with a spot outside to have a ceremony in lots of flowers, funtains and just a Beautiful setting (if i may say so myself haha) but then my laptop started to act strange as if i was being hacked so i had to wipe Everything off so i lost my Buildings, stories etc. Quite heartbreaking but i wish everyone good luck and your Buildings are absolutely stunning! Great job and maybe ill join the next challenge if its something that sparks my interest :D
    FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Gothic Victorian Chapel
    LOT COST: §3,000
    BUILD COST: §162,866
    TOTAL COST: §165,866
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Portfolio

ENTRY DETAILS: I thought Rose and Doug might like a country wedding and what better place than outside of Windenburg. I also thought a Gothic Victorian structure would be appropriate for the setting. :smiley:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

mlqtlAN.png
    KgeCGTq.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top