Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Oh i actually have my basement apartment in the basement, is that wrong?o.o
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Oh i actually have my basement apartment in the basement, is that wrong?o.o

No, nothing wrong with that. I did mine this way, because brownstones traditionally have that stairway leading up to the front entry.
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Superb shell @gmcrozier love the bay windows :) Very elegant build @FaithofKaela looks very luxurious :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Stunning build as always @gmcrozier I can't wait to see it finished!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Oh! I'm so jealous of you all! Wish I could enter this one, too. At least I can enjoy all the eye candy! Great work so far, everyone! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 52 - Uptown Elegance
    FORUM ID: lisa17ann
    ORIGIN ID: lisa17ann
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: The Townhouse
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST:118,350
    TOTAL COST: 119,850
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS: A traditional styled townhouse with some modern upgrades and a basement apartment. It has 2 bedrooms in the main house and one in the basement apartment. It has 2.5 bathrooms in the main house and 1 in the basement apartment. There’s also a small back garden. The basement apartment has faux natural light windows to give it less of a cave feeling (haha). **I did have to remove one of the chimney stacks because when I replaced my build for testing the price went up for some crazy reason. So just pretend it's not there please! :D **

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

• Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I just here to learn what is a townhouse :D I do not have time to the this challenge :'( I'm trying to finish a monthly one between a chaos due to a home renovation and my job :p
    @lisa17ann that house is so cute. I love your design @gmcrozier
    So a townhouse is like a little apartment building, but only for one household. It looks like a victorian house but more "modern" :)
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    @emere , a townhouse can be any style of architecture from Renaissance to Ultramodern. A brownstone, which is a style of townhouse, has a more historic look.
  • Options
    Thanks @emere I normally always go way over budget but managed to keep it in this time lol

• Options
    hannahc1023hannahc1023 Posts: 55 Member
    Can I still enter if I build using the Sims 3?
  • Options
    Can I still enter if I build using the Sims 3?

There is a separate BuildnShare challenge for Sims 3 here @hannahc1023 and as it happens it is exactly the same challenge as this one 'Uptown Elegance' :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member

Can anyone help me with a small build problem? I've played around with the friezes and I have some that are showing up inside...whyyyy??09-05-16_2-13-22nbspPM_zpset988y3m.png
  • Options
    fabtiffsim wrote: »

Can anyone help me with a small build problem? I've played around with the friezes and I have some that are showing up inside...whyyyy??09-05-16_2-13-22nbspPM_zpset988y3m.png

@fabtiffsim hold the shift key when placing the frieze, it will place it by wall and not by room :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @fabtiffsim its a glitch ive had this issue a few times it is because the frieze isnt classifying that part of the room an enclosed room and it happens depending which wall tool you use to build the room if you replace that section of room using these wall tools it will fix the issue dsa.jpg

The shift key doesnt always work when its glitched on certain spots I fought with this glitch on one of my big castle builds and it was a nightmare because if the room isnt the shape of one of those tools its really tough to fix.
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    @fabtiffsim its a glitch ive had this issue a few times it is because the frieze isnt classifying that part of the room an enclosed room and it happens depending which wall tool you use to build the room if you replace that section of room using these wall tools it will fix the issue dsa.jpg

The shift key doesnt always work when its glitched on certain spots I fought with this glitch on one of my big castle builds and it was a nightmare because if the room isnt the shape of one of those tools its really tough to fix.

I played around with this but its the front that is bunking it all up. 09-05-16_10-25-59nbspPM_zpsmau9syif.png

It won't go away. I think I'm just going to cover it up with something because I can't quite figure it out. Its an octagon beside a small 2x2 square essentially but I don't think that glitch will work out.
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    This is just a random question, but how do you build stairs to a basement on the outside of the house? I thought that terrain changes were only in TS3 and if I add a basement level it's actually in the basement.....
  • Options
    @fabtiffsim its a highly frustrating glitch that I spent hours trying to fix on my castle it does take quite a bit of playing around to get it right
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • Options
    @oXseashellXo I not quite sure what you mean but you can build the basement room underground and stay at basement level and place your stairs in that room. Then when you go up to ground level there is a hole in the ground to access the stairs. I think thats what you meant
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    @fabtiffsim if you select that room, does it select as an entire room? Or seperate walls? I've had many rooms that I can't get them to connect as rooms until I use the floor tool (or decking tool or whatever it's called) and drag it through the room. Then voila! Full room and no more siding ot frieze issues.
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    @oXseashellXo yes, you can put stairs down to a basement whether the ground level is enclosed or not, as long as there is basement beneath. It's not changing the terrain level (gosh I miss that). If you revove the stairs the hole just goes away.
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE 51 - WHEN MODERN WAS NEW

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    @fabtiffsim if you select that room, does it select as an entire room? Or seperate walls? I've had many rooms that I can't get them to connect as rooms until I use the floor tool (or decking tool or whatever it's called) and drag it through the room. Then voila! Full room and no more siding ot frieze issues.
    Yup entire room. I decided to just do something different with the very front of the house instead of the frieze on both areas. It's too bad it looked good but no one else will know all I had to sacrifice ;)

• Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    @Cbear13 @bouboulator Ya, that's what I meant! I guess it makes sense now for some reason I had it in my head that you could only get down there from inside another building and that it wouldn't be visible from above. But when I look down the stairs in a house I can see into the basement...
    That's really cool @lisa17ann
  • Options
    fabtiffsim wrote: »
    Yup entire room. I decided to just do something different with the very front of the house instead of the frieze on both areas. It's too bad it looked good but no one else will know all I had to sacrifice ;)

Aw! Except us! I totally feel your pain. I HATE cutting things out - whether it's for budget or design reasons!!! Can't wait to see your finished house though!
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE 51 - WHEN MODERN WAS NEW

Your results are now available here.

Woohoo! Thanks for the recognition and the critique. Good luck to everyone in the next challenge!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top