Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited December 2017
    Another question can replace an interior wall say in the annex like the little half wall and the other the opposite of it with a fence and pillar?
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    edited December 2017
    Im just making sure, there is really 2 kitchens in this build? Thats very odd to me haha

Edit: NVM i figured it out hah
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @MeaganJo - yes, you may add additional doors to rooms you create inside. The existing shell has to stay as it is, no changing any walls to half walls or fences.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    edited December 2017
    Can I add/change
    • a pool
    • interior doors
    • railings to stairs
    Post edited by SyddyB206 on
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    edited December 2017
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    Can I add/change
    • a pool
    • interior doors
    • railings to stairs

@SyddyB206 - you can add a pool anywhere you like.
    Interior doors, only, if like @MeaganJo you are creating new rooms within the shell.
    You may add railings to any stairs.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare sorry for asking a lot! I'm an extreme rule follower, so I need clarification. I know we can't remove windows but am I allowed to add windows
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    ATTENTION ALL

The deadline for this challenge, #BnS85, has been extended until the 10th January
    GArBA5W.jpg
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare sorry for asking a lot! I'm an extreme rule follower, so I need clarification. I know we can't remove windows but am I allowed to add windows

@SyddyB206 - it's no problem, I'm the same tbh. Nope, the shell has to stay as it is.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited December 2017
    @MeaganJo - yes, you may add additional doors to rooms you create inside. The existing shell has to stay as it is, no changing any walls to half walls or fences.

Thank you for clarification on the annex. I have to figure something else out with that half wall even if I have to figure out how to hide the darn thing. It shines blue instead of white or any of the colors besides black. Do you happen to know a fix for that? Does anyone?
    MeaganJo wrote: »

Thank you for clarification on the annex. I have to figure something else out with that half wall even if I have to figure out how to hide the darn thing. It shines blue instead of white or any of the colors besides black. Do you happen to know a fix for that? Does anyone?

@MeaganJo - no, not noticed it myself.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Maybe some patch didn't work along the way because the trim shines blue for me. DSKLdFQVoAA51-M.jpg

Maybe some patch didn't work along the way because the trim shines blue for me. DSKLdFQVoAA51-M.jpg

@MeaganJo - yes, that's the same no matter what with the half walls in white.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member

The white trim looks perfect placed outdoors but blue indoors. I find the darker beige shade shows white in my rooms so tend to use that one :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg

Maybe some patch didn't work along the way because the trim shines blue for me.

@MeaganJo - yes, that's the same no matter what with the half walls in white.

I've decided to just change the style of the annex, unfortunately it will no longer go with the rest of the build so may end up doing an over all change. I don't yet.
    masajo wrote: »

Maybe some patch didn't work along the way because the trim shines blue for me.

The white trim looks perfect placed outdoors but blue indoors. I find the darker beige shade shows white in my rooms so tend to use that one :)

You would think that after all this time they would fix this issue or make it so we don't have to use any trim...
    My house is coming along very nicely! I think it will be one of my favorite houses
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    @BuildnShare I have a question about our "feature" object and the style it reflects. For instance, if said object is featured in the annex, does the main house need to have the same style or can it be a similar coordinating style and vice versa. Thanks!
    Rke3QSo.jpg
    @BuildnShare I have a question about our "feature" object and the style it reflects. For instance, if said object is featured in the annex, does the main house need to have the same style or can it be a similar coordinating style and vice versa. Thanks!

@xraygrl2004 - the whole of the house should reflect the "inspiration" object.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • redkitty42redkitty42 Posts: 58 Member
    Stopping by to say hello, been just playing instead of building lately. I love the hard work you all put into your creations. Thank you @BuildnShare for inspiring us. :)
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    edited December 2017
    ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #85: Winter Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: StangMix2
    ORIGIN ID: stangmix2
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: The Flowerpot
    LOT COST: §8.500
    LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point
    BUILD COST: §456.354
    TOTAL COST: §464,854
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/KfBax
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the watering can in blue as my inspiration. I'm not sure if I have followed this all the way through the build, but I'm happy with the end result soooo :D There are A LOT if flowers! I went all in as there was no budget and I'm actually surprised that it isn't more expensive :blush:
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    5DhBrPI.png
    jRXIKb9.png
    Post edited by StangMix2 on
    @redkitty42 - Hi there!! Thanks for stopping by and for the very kind comment.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS84 - FAMILIA

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    @StangMix2 Your build is amazing! I love it :D Great work!
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS84 - FAMILIA

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    Such a wonderful house @StangMix2! I'm in love with the landscaping and also the interior is very very beautiful ♥

I've almost finished mine too, just some more playtesting...

:star: Happy new year! :star:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top