Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    Is 2.5 bathrooms ok?

@SyddyB206 , yes, 2.5 bathrooms is fine! :smiley:

GArBA5W.jpg
  • kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    80,2017 --> due date 2nd August (08) 2017 isn't it?:)
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    CHALLENGE #: 74 - Solstice Designer Showdown!
    FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: New England Dream
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST:77,935
    TOTAL COST: 79,935
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/5mgvK
    ENTRY DETAILS: So, I've always had a summer trip. Because I live in Connecticut and my parents don't want to spend a lot of money (except for this year. We're going to Oregon to see the Solar Eclipse.) I'm used to theses style of houses. This one is inspired by Maine, which is one of my favorite places to go. So, it's a super traditional New England house. Also, my family is the epitome of New England. We make our own Maple Syrup every fall/winter and we're huge Boston Red Sox fans.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Nope
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 5199dWL.png

0TSlsxY.jpg
    edited July 2017
    kerplukee wrote: »

Well, @kerplukee , close enough! As explained above, we used the American system of writing the date [August 2, 2017] or 08/02/17 to come up with 080217 or 80217. Just be glad we used the zero or the budget would have been §8,217 — or even worse under the international system, §2,817! :wink:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    @SyddyB206 Adorable little New England home! (I'm also in CT)
    edited July 2017

Well, @kerplukee , close enough! As explained above, we used the American system of writing the date [August 2, 2017] or 08/02/17 to come up with 080217 or 80217. Just be glad we used the zero or the budget would have been §8,217 — or even worse under the international system, §2,817! :wink:

I know in my country we use the system day-month-year so everytime I read an american system date I'm like "wait, how is it possible?" and then I go "ooooh right, firstly the month" lol I always have problem with the american system, hours, metric, weight :D
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    \
    @SyddyB206 :smiley: Man, you are fast! Beautiful build!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member

I know in my country we use the system day-month-year so everytime I read an american system date I'm like "wait, how is it possible?" and then I go "ooooh right, firstly the month" lol I always have problem with the american system, hours, metric, weight :D

I am the same @kerplukee. If it was our way the budget would be $20,817!
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• minimeg2425minimeg2425 Posts: 144 Member
    edited July 2017
    FORUM ID: minimeg2425
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT:Mid Nowhere
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 69,873
    TOTAL COST: 71,373
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/lgSRC
    ENTRY DETAILS: I was a dodo bird and forgot to add the 74 to the end of the hashtag so it's just under the hashtag #bns
    I was inspired to build this because house boats, or boats in general remind me of July. As a child I grew up camping, going to lakes, sailing on the ocean, and on the fourth of July we would watch the fireworks going off over the ocean. Boats have a special place in my heart, as does July. I hope everyone enjoys this build!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES: [IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/2yxrfo0.png[/IMG]
    Post edited by minimeg2425 on
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Love this challenge! I know exactly what I'm going to do

@minimeg2425 , Just thought I'd make your links & Pics work, Cheers & Good Luck! Nice build, I was shocked by the boat theme because that was/is exactly what I am doing. I thought mine would stand alone in that department until I saw your entry.
    ORIGIN ID:
    ENTRY DETAILS: I was a dodo bird and forgot to add the 74 to the end of the hashtag so it's just under the hashtag #bns
    I was inspired to build this because house boats, or boats in general remind me of July. As a child I grew up camping, going to lakes, sailing on the ocean, and on the fourth of July we would watch the fireworks going off over the ocean. Boats have a special place in my heart, as does July. I hope everyone enjoys this build!

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 2yxrfo0.png

"Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    edited July 2017
    @BuildnShare items with CC do not come up in the Gallery and I can not see any include custom content option in the public gallery, (Like the option in game gallery) How can I post the gallery upload or how can the lot be found publicly?
    edited July 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID:FoundMarbles
    ORIGIN ID:FoundMarbles
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Deck Hand's Dream
    LOT COST:2000
    BUILD COST:78178
    TOTAL COST: 80178
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/YcWin

ENTRY DETAILS: Build is based on an old harbor ferry I lived on as a youth while working as a deck hand on Smiths Wharf in Halifax. (My boss would take the ships wheel home with him every night to prevent the ship being taken out), :smiley: Winters were 🐸🐸🐸🐸 but Summer was glorious and some of my fondest memories were created on that old harbor ferry. My neighbors lived on an old battleship. No TVs, PCs or modern appliances. We eat a lot of fish and fresh fruit was a huge treat. Being young and plum, we often played chicken in small harbor craft. A life to survive and thrive! ; not so much for the lucky Keibler Sims. Decor and colors are all typical nautical themed, mostly whites and blues. The metal boxes in the main hall are representative of a closed gas motor (that often took fair amounts of ether to get it to start!) The ships wheel would have been in an enclosed bridge in front of the saloon (living room) if I were true to the original and the dining area and galley were about a quarter of the size of the challenge build. Still, if I'd had my way, the original "White Seal" would have looked more like the Deck Hand's Dream! I could be quite happy in such accommodations still! As anyone familiar with ships will know, I have taken huge liberties in the designing of this build to accommodate B'N'S challenge #74. Landscaping is all done with "debug" plants and rocks. CONTAINS CC (ships wheel, light houses and life preserver) and LOTS of MOO.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes! Please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:CC by ShinoKCR
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/ShinoKCR/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-garden/title/nautical-/id/1306094/

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ZchqZ54.png
    EwdM7Uy.png

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS74

The deadline for this challenge is 2nd August 2017

Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    I won't partecipate to this challenge but it got me inspired, and that's why I recreated an island next to me which is a place visited by many during summer :)
    Burano
    ivher6o.jpg
    Y0gd6Hv.jpg
    yb7TMit.jpg
    aOsCvdM.jpg
    ZSzp4U5.jpg
    edited July 2017
    @BuildnShare items with CC do not come up in the Gallery and I can not see any include custom content option in the public gallery, (Like the option in game gallery) How can I post the gallery upload or how can the lot be found publicly?
    @FoundMarbles - They will show up in the gallery, you just have to check the 'show cc' box under the advanced search ;) Also, the CC would need to be DL'd separately.

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you so much @FoundMarbles !!!!

Great minds think alike! I really like your build. I love that you did a rooftop area. I didn't think about doing one on mine until after I submitted it X'D
    @FoundMarbles - They will show up in the gallery, you just have to check the 'show cc' box under the advanced search ;) Also, the CC would need to be DL'd separately.

In game, no problem. It's the main gallery I can not see a way to view CC items; here: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=FoundMarbles&max=50&maxis=false

So if people want the whole package I need to put links in my description, right?
    Thank you so much @FoundMarbles !!!!

Great minds think alike! I really like your build. I love that you did a rooftop area. I didn't think about doing one on mine until after I submitted it X'D

@minimeg2425 You can make any changes you like and re-post right up to the challenge deadline! I have done corrections to my builds a number of times after my first posting of an entry. (That seems to be when my errors glare at me!)
  • fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
    Dang! Those shoe builds were NUTTY!!!!

And now I'm lovin' this boat thing! Nice work everybody!
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    ORIGIN ID:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 2yxrfo0.png
    Beautiful Build!!
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I won't partecipate to this challenge but it got me inspired, and that's why I recreated an island next to me which is a place visited by many during summer :)
    Burano
    ivher6o.jpg
    Y0gd6Hv.jpg
    yb7TMit.jpg
    aOsCvdM.jpg
    ZSzp4U5.jpg

@kerplukee Awesome build! I was just there a week and a half ago! I love that place, Burano is like a charming village in the water- Venice itself is my favorite city in the world in fact. Do you live in Venice or on the mainland, Mestre?

In game, no problem. It's the main gallery I can not see a way to view CC items; here: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=FoundMarbles&max=50&maxis=false

So if people want the whole package I need to put links in my description, right?
    @FoundMarbles - that's correct, they will need to DL the CC separately.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Burano
    ivher6o.jpg
    Y0gd6Hv.jpg
    yb7TMit.jpg
    aOsCvdM.jpg
    ZSzp4U5.jpg

@kerplukee Awesome build! I was just there a week and a half ago! I love that place, Burano is like a charming village in the water- Venice itself is my favorite city in the world in fact. Do you live in Venice or on the mainland, Mestre?

that's wonderful! Actually I live in Treviso, which is not so far either.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Burano
    ivher6o.jpg
    Y0gd6Hv.jpg
    yb7TMit.jpg
    aOsCvdM.jpg
    ZSzp4U5.jpg

that's wonderful! Actually I live in Treviso, which is not so far either.

Treviso is very close- I envy you, I love it in that area!
    Thank you so much @SyddyB206

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top