Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    misscbong wrote: »
    @BuildnShare - LOVING the new challenge! You really went into a ton of detail, which is really appreciated. Can't wait to get started!

And...we can use half walls attached to the exterior of the house? Like, to be used for a porch, etc?
    Half walls are fine, just no full walls added to the exterior ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Is the price of the shell taken out of the budget?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    edited April 2017
    @SyddyB206 - see the brief:
    BUDGET: §202,500 (§2,500 for the lot; §200,000 for everything else)
    Everything else must be included in the $200,000.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

More weirdness. I have tried to save my build 3 times now, there is a notice it was save but when I open the Gallery it is not there. I tried over write twice and the save new once, still nothing in the gallery. :(
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    If there are originally two single windows next to each other, can I add a two space door where they were?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    More weirdness. I have tried to save my build 3 times now, there is a notice it was save but when I open the Gallery it is not there. I tried over write twice and the save new once, still nothing in the gallery. :(

I figured it out, they are saved under "others" as opposed to the "mine" that is the usual place I find things I have done.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Thanks, @fabtiffsim! I won't say how long it took! ;)
    edited April 2017
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    If there are originally two single windows next to each other, can I add a two space door where they were?
    @SyddyB206 - again, this question was answered in the brief:
    Windows and Doors:
    Every wall panel that currently has a window or door must continue to have a window or door, but a two-panel window (or door) may be substituted for two one-panel windows (or doors) that are on adjacent panels or vice versa. Same goes for three windows adjacent to each other.
    Windows or doors may not be added to wall panels that do not currently have them.
    Any style window or door may be used
    Doors may be substituted for windows and vice versa as long as they occupy the same space.
    Window height can be adjusted up or down as the game allows

GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS TO #67 - FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • e1990re1990r Posts: 86 Member
    The layout is done. Now, I am off to decorating the rooms. This is a particularly tricky challenge because of the floorplan. But I like. Also, can we have semi-detached buildings- they have a covered walkway but are fully detached from the building?
    e1990r wrote: »
    The layout is done. Now, I am off to decorating the rooms. This is a particularly tricky challenge because of the floorplan. But I like. Also, can we have semi-detached buildings- they have a covered walkway but are fully detached from the building?

@e1990r , as long as the covered walkway does not involve full-height walls attached to the main house, you are good to go. :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg

So, is everyone having fun with the pastel challenge yet. I am certainly finding this the biggest challenge yet! Window placements are driving me crazy. I dislike many of them and am having trouble getting them to make sense for me. No doubt, my very conservative esthetic sense; I'm trying to get over that!
    edited May 2017
    @foundmarbles I only looked at it enough to see they were all off-center! Since I actually rebuild entire rooms to make sure my windows are centered or change windows in the entire house to match one I was forced to use for it to be centered, I am already wondering what to do with them! That's why it should be good and challenging. ;)
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Question... With the windows and doors I understand that if there is one you can replace with one or 2 the same with 2 or 3 tiled etc. but can you add more windows if it is on a wall that already has windows and do they have to be in the same place as the original windows? I've read the instructions over and over again and can't figure out if I am missing something somewhere.
    @MeaganJo I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all of the openings in the walls, whether windows or doors have to stay on the same wall panel. So, in my understanding, a window in a wall can't be moved to another place on the same wall. It has to stay in that same 1 tile wide wall segment.

@MeaganJo , All windows and doors must occupy the same panels. NO NEW ALLOWED but you can change a three panel window to a large one panel. You can switch a window to a door so long as it occupies the same width on the wall and in the same position. Yes, they must be in the same space as the original windows. Hope this helps. This IS a tough one, to be sure. DON'T FOR GET "FULLY LANDSCAPED" Color matching is also proving an issue for me. I'm about to scrap my first one and start again.
    edited May 2017
    Oiy! What did I get myself into bwahahaha! Things not lining up is going to drive me batty! Maybe I should make 2 builds instead of one but don't think I'll have time since I was only able to work on it this afternoon. Ugh!

P.S. Thank you to you both for the heads up~!
    @MeaganJo - Welcome to BuildnShare!!! @FoundMarbles and @withlovejulien are both quite correct, you can only place windows and doors where there are already windows and doors!! And I'm so pleased to see you made it over from Twitterland :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you, happy to be here and try this out again. If I have any more questions I'll be sure to drop in again as I guess you can consider me a noob to these challenges but I did do one some years back when I first started building in TS3.
    edited May 2017
    Odd, I bulldozed my lot for the purpose of checking the downloaded save and more than half my landscaping was missing. I bulldozed a second time and downloaded the lot again and all was as it should have been. (An other game bug?) Anyway, a heads up, before making a lot of corrections, try a second download. It just may be that nothing is wrong with the lot but an error happened with the download process. I'm going to bulldoze again and check the download a third time, just to be sure!
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
  • e1990re1990r Posts: 86 Member
    If any items on the lot were placed using "bb.moveobjects on", then you must have the cheat on or the items will disappear.
    edited May 2017
    @e1990r
    e1990r wrote: »
    If any items on the lot were placed using "bb.moveobjects on", then you must have the cheat on or the items will disappear.

Thank you for that! Even that is not consistent. It downloads properly every other time even with moo off. I just downloaded it to a "new" game and all was well, BUT I will remember to turn on the cheat for all future downloads, just to be sure. (In any case, most of the disappearances were not placed in moo, just terrain paint and regular plantings.)
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @FoundMarbles there are problems with several lots in Oasis, Willow Creek and Newcrest. I'm on mobile now but I'll post a work around that works sometimes when I get back to my office. Often it's not MOO but a design glitch that cause bumps in a lot that appears flat. That cause items on and near the bump to shift and or disappear.
    @FoundMarbles there are problems with several lots in Oasis, Willow Creek and Newcrest. I'm on mobile now but I'll post a work around that works sometimes when I get back to my office. Often it's not MOO but a design glitch that cause bumps in a lot that appears flat. That cause items on and near the bump to shift and or disappear.

I' be watching for that work around, it is a really frustrating problem. It might also make other people downloading my creations think I had no idea what I was doing.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @FoundMarbles OMG- I forgot to post! I wrote this while I waiting to pick up my son and then work was totally skewed and okay... let me get some shots together- not that kind, pictures.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top