Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member

Hehe thanks :) but I meant how to build it into my links so that when someone clicks they open a new tab, rather than take them away from this page. I know how to do it in regular html, I guess just not in bb code. *shrug*

@bouquetcatcher , I know very little about these things, but I have noticed that those people who simply paste the address into their posts rather than use the link tool in the bb code, end up with a link that opens in a new tab. It's not as neat looking as using the link tool, but it does seem to work.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    So apparently I forgot how to make a link open in a new tab... Anyone?

Right click on the link you want to open and select open in new tab xx

Hehe thanks :) but I meant how to build it into my links so that when someone clicks they open a new tab, rather than take them away from this page. I know how to do it in regular html, I guess just not in bb code. *shrug*

Try this [xurl={URL}]{SIMPLETEXT}[/xurl]

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@masajo I always love how clean your decor looks <3 I try to learn from that ;)
    @gmcrozier beautiful lot, my fav is the second floor (I want to be there in RL!)
    @bouquetcatcher nice layout <3 The two sinks in your WC look great! I really need to work in my WC design :#

Thanks @BuildnShare for this challenge, it is great to see all this slideshows <3
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    emere wrote: »
    @masajo I always love how clean your decor looks <3 I try to learn from that ;)

Very lovely of you to say @emere thank you so much :) I normally pick two or three colours that work together and carry them throughout in a subtle way, though sometimes I do get carried away :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    Thank you @masajo and @emere for your encouraging words! and thank you all for your help with the links, trying it now. @StSciurus I noticed that too!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #49 - SUMMER DESIGNER OLYMPICS

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    My Johnson home is coming along nicely, I'm finding it really difficult to remember not to change the interior walls, had a great idea which I had to scrap!! Only the kitchen/dining/living room and guest room to do now. Oh, and landscape my lot :)
    Had to start from scratch, since I did not do the original challenge. I've never spent §600K on anything I've built, so I'm actually finding that to be the hardest part of the current challenge! But of course, I haven't even started the landscaping yet. :wink:
    @StSciurus - yep, I've started from scratch too, just downloaded the shell! I'm actually struggling to get the value of the lot up as well, but yes, landscaping can add a fair few pennies to the overall cost....
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    @BuildnShare Can we move windows on the original build if our expansion gets in the way of them?
    @TwtyBrd0707 - of course, any of the exterior of the build can be modified!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    Thanks @BuildnShare
    Just because I am sooo happy with how this is turning out, here's a sneaky peak at my build:

08-10-16_9-17-29nbspPM_zpsljxlm7g2.png~original
    Can't wait to see your entry, @FaithofKaela ! I've uploaded my lot to the gallery (as you know!), but it will take me a while to finish my slideshow. :smiley:
    @StSciurus - yep, saw your lot go on yesterday, I think it looks fantastic!! And yes, the slideshow is going to some work!!
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 50 - Best Laid Plans (Part 3)
    FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: 9 Federal Way
    LOT COST: §10,000
    BUILD COST: §398,942
    TOTAL COST: §408,942
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Client file
    ENTRY DETAILS: I created my own shell for the challenge (since I like building from house plans). It's only slightly different from the one provided by Build-n-Share. From the shell, I expanded the kitchen and sunroom by extending exterior walls only. The interior walls of the shell are all intact although I did add a new interior wall to make the guest bathroom truly ensuite. I also moved around doors and changed room functions. To the ground floor, I added an upper story and basement and then finished the estate grounds with pool, patio, spa, garage and gardens. I kept to the Federal style for both architecture and interiors.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

6MVwNSP.png
    eHSP2SJ.png
    Amazing build @StSciurus !! That little gazebo is sooo adorable!!!!
    Thank you so much, @FaithofKaela ! :blush:
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Wow, @stsciurus What a beautiful house!
    Thank you so much for your kind words, @popettypop2012 ! :smiley:
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @BuildnShare From what I understood, for this challenge I can't change the interior walls and doors. Does this mean I can't enlarge the room sizes on the ground floor at all? Can I add rooms on the ground floor or do I have to add them upstairs? And is the upstairs floor plan totally up to us (meaning, can I place the rooms where I like them and also determine the sizes)? When you say I can modify the exterior, does it mean I can make the deck larger?

Thank you, and sorry for all the questions.
    @BuildnShare From what I understood, for this challenge I can't change the interior walls and doors. Does this mean I can't enlarge the room sizes on the ground floor at all? Can I add rooms on the ground floor or do I have to add them upstairs? And is the upstairs floor plan totally up to us (meaning, can I place the rooms where I like them and also determine the sizes)? When you say I can modify the exterior, does it mean I can make the deck larger?

Thank you, and sorry for all the questions.

@popettypop2012 - you can enlarge the rooms only if you enlarge from the outside. All internal walls must stay the same. The home itself can be laid out in anyway you wish, of course you can have a one storey home, any rooms other than those already placed, can be placed how and where you like, if you do have a second storey, the floor plan is completely up to you! As for the exterior of the home, it is yours to do with as you please! Hope this helps, any more questions, please come back to us xx
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Fantastic builds @FaithofKaela and @StSciurus both great federal style and very stately :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited August 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 50 - Best Laid Plans (Part 3)
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Oaklands

LOT COST: 10,000
    BUILD COST: 330,689
    TOTAL COST: 340,689
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/p92Mn
    ENTRY DETAILS: Previously named Golidlocks, extended to first floor level and a change of style to Federal. Main additions are the nursery and kids room with Jack and Jill bathroom, a teen outdoorsy room, master bedroom and guest room all with en-suite bathrooms, study, yoga/meditation/massage room and several balconies.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

MN3sZ3l.png

Aagqz8P.jpg
    Post edited by masajo on
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Ok, now I understand what "Federal" is. Those houses are great. Wonderful landscaping everywhere <3 As I'm not good with lot shells :D I will wait for the next challenge o:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top