The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    edited November 2019
    Quick preview of Von Windenburg Castle. Got the ground floor mostly completed. I was going to do all stone inside, but I'm afraid that'll be too dark. So it's wood, plaster and stone.

81PGoVB.png
    image.png
  • MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    edited November 2019
    @AlJay. AlJay. This build is phenomenal. Every inch of it is gorgeous. Next time I'm in game I'm downloading it for sure.

*is dead*

And @SimTresa! I'm beyond excited to see more of this castle. I love a good castle!
    owEyOd7.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    Thank you @Mikkiness :)
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    I’ve been out of it for a few days with some kind of virus and still can’t face sitting actually building so am doing some browsing....and thoroughly enjoying my catch up here!

@Mikkiness Oh my, another genius slideshow 😂 I was so busy with the story I nearly forgot to look at the excellent building work lol! I adore that kitchen, might need to have a try at those windows myself soon!

@AlJay Woah that’s awesome! Beautiful as ever but I particularly love the interconnecting different levels, very clever work 😊

@SimTresa wow that’s a huge task you’ve taken on, impressive! Can’t wait to see the inside!

Thanks, @Mikkiness and @Alisim19. This is the biggest build I"ve ever tried, and the first castle. Hope I can pull it off. ANd actually fnish it.
    image.png
    Thank you @AliSim19 !
    So I thought I'd put all the fitness and wellness stuff in one spot, but I'm not sure it works. Also I left out the meditation bench as there didn't seem to be a good spot for it. Thoughs? Ideas?

54i03GZ.png
    image.png
    @SimTresa - I do sort of see, I think.

I guess ... first thought is that the rooms themselves are all kind of long and boxy - maybe if you tried to work in some different shapes? An option might be to put the rock climbing wall where the sauna is and combine that room with the bowling alley in a kind of L shape maybe? Or you could have that as a kind of C shape with the rock climbing wall in one 'prong' and the exercise machines at the other end, and the bowling alley running along the long side to join them - if that makes sense?

And then maybe you could have a little yoga-and-meditation room in the middle next to the massage space?

Or maybe you could combine the massage room and the sauna? Somehow? Put like, windows in between so it kinda looks like a longer room than it is?

Diagonals are a lot of fun to play with, but I'll admit I'm not sure how best to use those with the bowling alley taking up such a long chunk of space. I actually think that maybe the bowling alley might be the "problem" as such in that there's only so many good places for it, which then limits everything else. Does the bowling alley fit diagonally at all? It doesn't look like it would.

What if you put the bowling alley down the middle section where the sauna etc runs? Kinda organise it by, like, loudness? So people have to walk past the bowling alley, and then the rock climbing room, and then the massage room before finally getting to the sauna?

I'm not sure if any of that is helpful, but I do think I agree that something about the layout feels strange.
    owEyOd7.png
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    edited November 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #130: Whimsyville
    FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A7674C2C00C011EA8A80BA891CD6F027?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Whimsy Windenburg BnS130&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Whimsy Windenburg BnS130
    GALLERY COST: 164,329
    BUILD COST: 136,581(this is what it says under lot value and somehow these numbers seem wrong to mee. Any ideas?)

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/jQp87NO

DETAILS: I might have choosen the wrong world for this building... put it in anything other than Windenburg and it is plenty whimsy.... As a side note, I did do a family but i suck at doing them (so this isn't an official entry). You can find it in the gallery under "Whimsy Lady BnS130"

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    vFhvwqa.png
    JJTYzXq.png
    Post edited by Talea12345 on
    edited November 2019
    Mikkiness wrote: »
    @SimTresa - I do sort of see, I think.

I guess ... first thought is that the rooms themselves are all kind of long and boxy - maybe if you tried to work in some different shapes? An option might be to put the rock climbing wall where the sauna is and combine that room with the bowling alley in a kind of L shape maybe? Or you could have that as a kind of C shape with the rock climbing wall in one 'prong' and the exercise machines at the other end, and the bowling alley running along the long side to join them - if that makes sense?

And then maybe you could have a little yoga-and-meditation room in the middle next to the massage space?

Or maybe you could combine the massage room and the sauna? Somehow? Put like, windows in between so it kinda looks like a longer room than it is?

Diagonals are a lot of fun to play with, but I'll admit I'm not sure how best to use those with the bowling alley taking up such a long chunk of space. I actually think that maybe the bowling alley might be the "problem" as such in that there's only so many good places for it, which then limits everything else. Does the bowling alley fit diagonally at all? It doesn't look like it would.

What if you put the bowling alley down the middle section where the sauna etc runs? Kinda organise it by, like, loudness? So people have to walk past the bowling alley, and then the rock climbing room, and then the massage room before finally getting to the sauna?

I'm not sure if any of that is helpful, but I do think I agree that something about the layout feels strange.

Thanks, @Mikkiness. I'm going to think and see what works. Long as that bowling alley is, I think a diagonal might result in a lot of unused space, but you're right, they are fun.

ETA: So I've made some changes, opening up the spaces. I comibined a couple of ideas to create a kind of C shape around the sauna, which now has windows looking into the spa section. This screenshot is from before I discovered the climbing wall was poking through the ceiling above and just tossed it, which let me enlarge the spa a little bit.

pU17GXF.png
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
    @SimTresa - Nice job! I think opening it up more has worked wonders. Switching out that front wall of the spa also makes the room look ... idk - warmer? airier? The new rug and sofa seem like excellent choices as well.

@Talea12345 - I absolutely adore your build, but have to disagree about it not working well in Windenburg. I think it looks gorgeous there and suits the wider neighbourhood so well that putting it anywhere else would be a true shame. You've got so many cute little details, like the dragons on the gate and the gnome under the chess table. It elevates Windenburg from charmingly period to straight up fairy-tale.
    owEyOd7.png
    Mikkiness wrote: »
    @SimTresa - Nice job! I think opening it up more has worked wonders. Switching out that front wall of the spa also makes the room look ... idk - warmer? airier? The new rug and sofa seem like excellent choices as well.

Thanks. It occurred to me that having it closed off was wrong, so I decided to open it up and only use the bamboo dividers to mark off the space.
    image.png
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Wooosh this is so much fun xD
    I had this idea to make a home out of square collored blocks, putting them together messily...
    It is.... something lol..
    I hope when i finish it will look somewhat nice hahah, this is gonna be a hit or miss i guess, but at least i had fun!

There are so many awesome builds already! i love seeing everything and learning and getting inspiration!
    You all are so talented and kind!
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 15 Member
    @Devilariah I'm curious to see it. =) hehe
  • LunalaWolfLunalaWolf Posts: 8 New Member
    @AlJay
    So I didn't know you were doing this and did a pirate ship house in New Crest. My lot is huge so I also sort of made half of it park like with fountains. My idea was that their great great grandparent was a pirate and their family was always super proud of this colorful history and pandered to it, even making part of their property into a park honoring it. Would you mind if I now make that great great grandfather Captain Hook? I think it might be cool to have it as lore. I will not be bothered if you say no!
    That sounds fantastic @LunalaWolf ! I look forward to seeing the Great Mr. Hook :)
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    @BuildnShare I had to upgrade my 2nd lot to a 30x40. From the looks of the front page and scanning through the latest posts, there seem to be many about. I just moved it across the street to Garden Essence, but any 40x30 with a 40 tile frontage, will work fine.

CHALLENGE #130 - Whimsyville (Residential)
    FORUM ID:Taoron
    ORIGIN ID:Taoron24121
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Garden Essence; Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/26D1B5B6024D11EA826BBA891CD6F027
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/qkjZfjM
    ENTRY DETAILS: I designed and built these three Craftsman type Homes, for The Three Little Pigs. One home is built of Straw, one of Sticks and one of Bricks. Other than the buiulding materials and colors used, the build is the same for each, with the lower lvel containing a 1 Car Garage, Laundry and Guest Bed and Bath. The upper lvel contains the Living Quarters, Kitchen, Meal Seating area and Master Suite.

There is a rear Patio with a grilling area, as well as a front balcony with seating on each home.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art by ME and #juwels64

N0w77cq.png
    vPIYruw.png

CHALLENGE #130 - Whimsyville (Sims)
    FORUM ID:Taoron
    ORIGIN ID:Taoron24121
    LEVEL:

NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D7F8D667025211EA837CF028EED69856
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Three Little Pigs

As are their homes, The Three Little Pigs are very different, from each other. I took liberty with the story, in it's original form (outside of the names, as they were blocked by the filter)

Brownie Pig is a lazy slob. His Aspiration is Chief of Mischief with Traits being Childish, Lazy and Slob. He lives in the house built of straw, being the path of least resistence for building, for the least weight and fastest and easiest to build.

Pinky Pig (origionally 🐸🐸🐸🐸) is neat, but he is a very materialistic and greedy pig. For his Aspiration, I chose Rennaisance Sim, because he also wants to, or at least thinks, he knows everything. His Traits are Glutton (or Covet), Materialistic and Jealous (of things that others have). Being a middling sort of pig, he built his house of sticks.

Blocky Pig (origionally 🐸🐸🐸🐸) seems to be the smartest (despite what Pinky thinks) and the most stable of the Three Pigs. His Aspiration is Friend of the World, because being neither lazy or slovenly, nor jealous and Covetous, he keeps himself and his home neat and gosh darn it, people like him. (see what I did there?) His TRaits are Cheerful, Outgoing and Neat.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Poses by: #SakuraLeon & #juupo45

RjaetBU.jpg
    oGkllNM.png
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    FORUM ID: @suepea
    ORIGIN ID: @photobella
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Potter's Splay in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Hodge Podge Lodge
    See Complete Lot here
    LOT COST: TC
    GALLERY COST: TC
    TOTAL COST: TC
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: TC
    ENTRY DETAILS: My idea was based on an actual house I found called Luna Parc in New Jersey. It was built by an artist and to me, was the perfect example of whimsy in a build. I tried to keep the look and feel of the house as close to the original as possible within the restrictions of Sims 4 building and gameplay. The lot is bright, colorful, cheery, cluttered and ideal for a fun, creative and eccentric Sim family.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    fC5eps4.png
    c7LbdPQ.png

h2xmsbl]
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    edited November 2019
    So i took a (bad) photo of the house.
    It looks Cooler (or whatever) this way then on the lot itself xD
    Im almost done, hope i can finish/upload tonight.

Buuttttt i might replace it with another ( still unfisnished) build i just found in another safegame on the same lot...
    Choices.... or both... if i have time....

3qu4vBU.jpg
    Post edited by Devilariah on
  • sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    @Talea12345 Beautiful home! It looks like a fairy cottage in the woods.

@taoron super cute idea, and great execution.

@suepea ahhh so amazing! Probably my favorite, it fits perfectly into the theme.

• sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    I hope I'll be able to finish in time- my house is mostly done but I lost my computer mouse while on a trip, and it's difficult to play the Sims with a laptop pad :# I'll try my best though and try to get a new mouse soon.
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    sgemm wrote: »

@suepea ahhh so amazing! Probably my favorite, it fits perfectly into the theme.

Thank you very much. It was super fun to build and fun to play in.
    h2xmsbl]
    sgemm wrote: »

Thank you! @sgemm

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top