Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• e1990re1990r Posts: 86 Member
    Uploaded to the gallery with Custome Content.
    I am now putting together the pictures.
    Everytime I think I'm done... I decide to change something and have to retake almost all the photos!
    Okay.... I want the wishing well because it would look phenomenal in this corner.... but it places me way over budget.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    e1990r wrote: »
    Everytime I think I'm done... I decide to change something and have to retake almost all the photos!

OMG! ME TOO! In fact anymore I just go through and snap quick preliminary shots just to look for things to change. It's amazing how I can pick up on something in a still photo that I can't in game- for some reason.
  • onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member

OMG! ME TOO! In fact anymore I just go through and snap quick preliminary shots just to look for things to change. It's amazing how I can pick up on something in a still photo that I can't in game- for some reason.

I thought I was the only one! I totally took at least 3 rounds of photos for this particular build.
    @e1990r how far over budget? Is there any landscaping you can simplify, or nonessential furniture (i.e. not appliances) that you're willing to downgrade? Those might be easy compromises to get that well you're wishing for. ;)
    Okay... I made my pool MUCH smaller so I can have the well. Now I need to go through and play test everything I changed/ moved..... again.
    I like to have my builds playable because I do use them for myself. Also, I find it annoying when I download a house and it is not playable.
    For anyone trying to get good pictures. I figured out how to do angled shots by accident. Press the Tab key and use your mouse for different angles.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited May 2017
    CHALLENGE #: 67 - Footprints In The Sand
    FORUM ID: abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Summer Breeze
    LOT COST: $2000
    BUILD COST: $115 953
    TOTAL COST: $117 953
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/gp/149417332@N07/W7W8Th
    ENTRY DETAILS: Summer Breeze is the perfect holiday home away from the hustle and bustle of city life. This home can be placed in Granite falls and it will blend in with the woodsy surroundings. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms a gorgeous large kitchen and dining area. Whether you are reading a book or bird watching, there is entertainment for all ages. Summer Breeze has the most relaxing atmosphere and once you are there you will never want to leave.

GALLERY LINK: here

SIM ENTRY: N/A
    ROOM: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes thanks
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

SRglbx4.png

Grid shot as requested

borY4HT.png
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
    Okay... I made my pool MUCH smaller so I can have the well. Now I need to go through and play test everything I changed/ moved..... again.
    I like to have my builds playable because I do use them for myself. Also, I find it annoying when I download a house and it is not playable.

@e1990r great job problem-solving! Looking forward to seeing your build.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Welcome to @BuildnShare @abelhinha35!! For your creation to be able to be judged, we will need a media slideshow from you, as this is how we judge all of our builds here at BuildnShare. We recommend using something like imgur, photobucket or flickr, or even just google images. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Question: since I am doing a blog with pictures about this build, can my slideshow be a link to the specific page?
    Question: since I am doing a blog with pictures about this build, can my slideshow be a link to the specific page?
    We just need a link to your showcase, whether it's a forum thread, blog post or slideshow ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • GabbitheVampireGabbitheVampire Posts: 2 New Member
    FORUM ID: GabbitheVampire
    ORIGIN ID: epicuniicorn
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Sandstorm Mansion Download

LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 122,926
    TOTAL COST: 124,926
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: This modern vacation home, offers everything you need to spend time with family and relax. The first floor, with open floorplan, offers a lounge area, big airy kitchen and dining areas. It also opens up to the back garden, where you will find a barbeque, a small bar, seating areas and a bubblepool. There is also a swimming pool and outdoor toys for the kids to play with. For the teenboy, there is a possibility to play basketball. On the second floor you find three bedroms, one for the teenboy, with an on-suit balcony. One bedroom for the twin toddlers. And one master bedroom with on-suite walkin closet and another balcony. On this floor there is also a full bathroom. On the third level you find an airy reading nook.

SIM: NA
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS:NA

ROOM: NA
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS: NA

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 9XZvJOV.png
    RSXV515.png
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: e1990r
    ORIGIN ID: e1990r
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Footprints in the Sand
    LOT COST: 2000
    BUILD COST: 126854
    TOTAL COST: 128854
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://originalgibson.blogspot.com/p/bns67-footprints-in-sand.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: Footprints in the Sand is the perfect home away from home. With no computers or television, you will be able to enjoy your time with those you brought. The only thing that you have to connect you to the outside world is a radio in case Mother Nature wants to rain down on your parade. This modern home has 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, and a half-bath. It brings the outside in through the reds, yellows, and oranges making it a nice, warm environment. Wheater you want to enjoy the inside with reading a book and playing a game of cards, or you want to enjoy the outdoors with swimming, enjoying the hot tube, or creating a bonfire; there is something here for everyone.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Warning, very long and detailed
    SIMcredible
    • Keep Life Simple living wall mirror
    • Keep Life Simple bathroom hair mask
    • Keep Life Simple bedroom bed mattress
    • Keep Life Simple bedroom bed frame
    • Keep Life Simple bedroom gifts
    • Keep Life Simple living wall shelf
    • Flora Fence 3
    • Keep Life Simple bathroom ceiling lamp
    • Flora deck
    Severinka
    • TS4 Easter décor – apple tree branches
    • TS4 Easter décor – eggs in the plate
    • TS4 Vintage Set- book stand
    • TS4 Vintage Set- clock
    • TS4 Easter décor – egg in the stand
    • Spring Birds bedroom – plant branches
    • TS4 Island Paradise- sand terrain 02
    GreenGirl100
    • Ande Prints (large)
    DOT
    • Laterns String Lights Mesh
    • Yard String 4 Pole Light Mesh
    KariAngelova
    • Fur and Feathers Canvas
    Matomibotaki
    • MB-Trendy Tile Cosmo Floor
    Pralinesims
    • PS Stone Wall 16
    • PS pavement Terrain 25
    Mutske
    • Ivy Set
    BuffSumm
    • Kitchen Industry Deco Glas Decanter v1
    • Livingroom Industry Ceilinglight (Medium Wall)
    Iyas/Soloriya
    • Keep It Simple- Decorative Vessels
    • Lying Book
    • Keep It Simple- Floor Painting
    • My Plush Friends- Kitty (toy)
    • My Plush Friends- Owl (toy)
    • Home Goods- Paints
    • Home Goods- Paint
    Lulu
    • Leila Bedroom Bookcase
    • Hallway Decor Set Lamp
    Pilar
    • Caligraphik Floor Lamp
    • Caligraphik Sofa
    • Caligraphik Dresser
    • Isla Cabinet
    Saudade
    • Urban Outfitters Rugs
    Ung999
    • Bedroom Minh – Sofa
    • Bedroom Minh – Pillow L
    • Bedroom Minh – Pillow R
    Wondymoon
    • [W] Chlorine Vase
    xyra
    • Cuadros Saira
    Inge Jones
    • 8 Seat Modern Table
    • Modern Dining Chair
    Bakie
    • Wall Light Waterfall
    • Non-Transparent Pool Water
    MadHox
    • “Let’s Go Both Ways” Foil Art Print
    • Glossy Granite Tile
    Kanascityrose
    • ShinoKCDS4 Classic Toddler Toy Box
    • ShinoKCDS4 Elegant Bathroom Man Care
    k-omu
    • Plain Wooden Door RECOLOR
    Kardofe
    • Art Studio Easel
    • Art Studio Easel with paintings
    • Art Studio shelving
    • Art Studio desk
    • Art Studio pallete and oils
    • Art Studio colored pencils
    Angela
    • Keira Bedroom Doublebed
    • Keira Bedroom Bench
    • Keira Bedroom Endtable
    • Keira Bedroom Lamp
    • Keira Bedroom Dresser
    • Keira Hallway Mirror
    • Keira Hallway Table
    • Keira Hallway Lamp
    • Keira Hallway Plant
    • Kayo Outdoor Table
    • Kayo Outdoor Chair
    • Sand ground
    Morgana14
    • Glass Door Recolors
    Evi
    • Evi Greek floor 1

Unknown
    • [3ish] Vintage Butterflies 1
    • Cobble Sea Bath Flooring
    • Cobble Sea Bath Wall – A
    • Garden Globe Lamp
    • Airi end table

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    04-24-17_10-54-53%25C2%25A0AM.png
    Welcome to BuildnShare @GabbitheVampire, lovely to have you here!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • GabbitheVampireGabbitheVampire Posts: 2 New Member
    Welcome to BuildnShare @GabbitheVampire, lovely to have you here!!

Thank you(^o^)/
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @BuildnShare did I understand it wrong but I thought we have to build the home at Slipshod Mesquite in Oasis Springs?
    Great builds, everyone!

@GabbitheVampire the graffiti wall in your teen bedroom is very cute!

@e1990r really nice use of reds and oranges throughout the home, to add warmth to social spaces!
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@folala , try glancing through some architectural mags! Some of the real life works will knock your socks off! I love looking at those publications. In many cases, they can also inspire landscaping. Many are online now. Better still search for architectural competitions and winners. As for me this round, I think I've really been out classed! Still, I very much look forward to the comments and advice.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

@JasonAnthonySterling , & @onehummingbird & @e1990r

I thought I was the only one! I totally took at least 3 rounds of photos for this particular build.

This makes 4 (Me Too) and no doubt more will own this one.

"Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    @BuildnShare did I understand it wrong but I thought we have to build the home at Slipshod Mesquite in Oasis Springs?

@popettypop2012 I understood the same thing so I think you might be correct on the Slipshod Mesquite issue. I just assumed all the builds were on that lot and pictured from different points of view and different terrain painting.
    @FoundMarbles Thank for your reply. I was worried I missed something. I just want to make sure it's the right place and the lot cost is 2000 simoleons. I just noticed someone's lot cost more than that, so I thought...shouldn't everyone's lots cost the same?
    @FoundMarbles Thank for your reply. I was worried I missed something. I just want to make sure it's the right place and the lot cost is 2000 simoleons. I just noticed someone's lot cost more than that, so I thought...shouldn't everyone's lots cost the same?

@popettypop2012 , Yup, right again! Slipshod Mesquite is §2000.
    FORUM ID: popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID: popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: A family's Oasis
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6B26D2D4296E11E783D33423E325F46A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST:109,233
    TOTAL COST: 111,233
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/RBiC6
    ENTRY DETAILS: I'm using the Mediterranean/ Spanish style that are commonly used in Oasis Springs so it will match the other buildings there. The house has a nice, relaxed feel, with no TV and computers. There is a large backyard with lots of activities, and also a small veggie patch for Kaye, who is a foodie and would enjoy to use fresh herbs on her cooking.

SIM: NA
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS:NA

ROOM: NA
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS: NA

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    aYLDp4t.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list