Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    This challenge sounds wonderful. For those who have Forgotten Hollow, 2 further 30 X 30 lots can be found in this neighbourhood. And somehow I think the Okado family will fit right in.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    That's where I'm building @kezflake. I've shrunk my home slightly and the rooms look a little less sparse, now to make it actually feel lived in.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Oooh! Good to know. I'll need to consider moving the build to Forgotten Hollow
  • GeekMonkey34B21GeekMonkey34B21 Posts: 131 Member
    Can't wait to work on this this weekend!
  • moniquefsamoniquefsa Posts: 127 Member
    Yay, a new challenge! I want to try all of them. I hope I can make it :smiley:
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Can we, assuming I have the time- lol build a pond using the pool tool and the fishing signs as opposed to using the round premades?
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    LOL! I just thought about the budget- maybe building a pond using the pool tool is not such a realistic aspiration as I was thinking when I posted above- ha!
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Hey I got a question, is gothic revival considered traditional Victorian style? Cuz my build is heavily inspired by that style xD
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @JasonAnthonySterling - you can of course make your own pond using the pool tool etc, but like you, I'm not sure how that would work with the budget on this one ;)

@WiggleyTuff - Yep, Gothic Revival is fine, anything inspired by Victorian architecture is allowed :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    So uhm I did this tonight, is this sorta like a Victorian inspired house? I hope it is ><

[img][/img]Screenshot%2012.png

psst how do I post picture without the imgimg thing coming up before the photo?
    edited February 2017
    @WiggleyTuff - Absolutely my dear!! And as for the [img][/img] bit, just delete them, they don't contain anything so they are surplus to requirements ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • LacedMetalLacedMetal Posts: 75 Member
    @BuildnShare If we can budget in more rooms for the kids, are we allowed to or is the requirement of the bedrooms solid?
    @LacedMetal - if you can get them in under budget, you can have as many rooms as you like :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Truth be told, the difficult part so far has been fitting that pond in on a 30x30 lot with a victorian style lot and garden space. Oi!
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    @LacedMetal I'm definitely with you on that!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @LacedMetal - me three!! It's a struggle, that's for sure :grin:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    LacedMetal wrote: »
    Truth be told, the difficult part so far has been fitting that pond in on a 30x30 lot with a victorian style lot and garden space. Oi!
    You can make your own fishing pond by building a swimming pool, put lots of greenery around it and place the fishing sign found in debug items next to it. The pool fills with fish and you can swim in it :)

uzE2H1V.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Is he a vampire? Should I add coffins?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @LacedMetal - I didn't even take that into consideration for my lot! dang...

@masajo - does it work out to being less expensive? Not sure what the fishing pond costs, but I know that lots of shrubbery and plants adds up quickly!
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    @misscbong , the debug fishing ponds are free. The advantage of making your own pond is that you can make it any size you want—but it costs §§§. It all depends on how you want to budget your build. :smiley:
  • GeekMonkey34B21GeekMonkey34B21 Posts: 131 Member
    So I maaay have gone a bit overboard with the Victorian theme :D Spent my entire budget on the exterior and first floor. Maybe a rethink of the interior design is in order
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    Is he a vampire? Should I add coffins?

@SyddyB206 - That's up to you, let's just say I thought that the basement felt a bit small for a storage area ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited February 2017
    @StSciurus That was my issue exactly. I have an exterior that I LOVE, but it's already 1/3 of the expense so making a custom fishing hole was not an option without rethinking the house shell. It's going to be more sparse in there than I would prefer already. I just couldn't bring myself to redo the exterior though.

EDIT:

I just want to be certain of the ages of the children. Is this right?
    Lincoln - Child - Boy
    Liberty - Child - Girl
    Reece - Toddler - Boy
    Salvador - Toddler - Boy
    Vernon - Toddler - Boy
    Sidney - Toddler - Girl
    Post edited by LacedMetal on
    edited February 2017
    LacedMetal wrote: »
    Lincoln - Child - Boy
    Liberty - Child - Girl
    Reece - Toddler - Boy
    Salvador - Toddler - Boy
    Vernon - Toddler - Boy
    Sidney - Toddler - Girl

@LacedMetal - Perfect!!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Bah, this budget is killing me, my ground floor is sparsely furnished and I only have $7,500 left for the whole of the first floor :O I think a rethink might be in order.

Haha, I had the same problem. I had to rebuild like 5 times until I settled on a plan.
    0TSlsxY.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top