Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Hello, back with a question, again. :p:D I wanted to know if I could use the shower toilet combo like the one from granite falls or the jungle GP for the bathroom? And if not can I use the outdoor showers and a bush? lol

The combo thing just gave them a little more privacy.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    Thank you, @Xinqun! I like the thought of reclaiming decaying structures and who would appreciate that thought more than a bunch of hippies? ;)
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Do the garden pots need to be usable?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited April 2018
    CHALLENGE #93 - The Age of Aquarius
    FORUM ID: itguyinsc
    ORIGIN ID: itguyinsc
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: (https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2ADE96F5469411E8802DDCEAC1BA3175?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=itguyinsc&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $12,000
    LOT NAME: Windenburg - The Island - Von-Windenburg Estate
    BUILD COST: $137,742
    TOTAL COST: $149,742
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Picture Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/b5KWdYO
    ENTRY DETAILS:

In the Age of Aquarius there was LOVE for man, woman & nature! A recent hurricane destroyed the Von Windenburg Estate. Due to their abundance of wealth, the Von Windenburgs decided to move on to a larger and more metropolitan area where such weather is scarce. The Groovy Gang of six eclectic personalities found this to be the Perfect Storm for their needs. After consulting with them it was decided that this private location and coastal atmosphere would be the ideal place for their commune of Peace & Love! Simple construction allowed the commune to take shape quickly. Using the debris left by the hurricane, a rustic boardwalk was added to access the main living areas. Since there wasn't much dough for building materials, the group used brightly colored paint to liven up the tin roofing, porches and railings. There is a quiet fishing dock adjacent to a picnic/recreation area. In addition, the group enjoys the walking/bike path that surrounds their new home. All the windows have some sort of shutters that can quickly be closed in case of another unexpected storm. There is limited electricity so this group relies mostly on lantern light and grilling for their simple life! This Groovy Gang now enjoys living away from the city and the restrictions of metropolitan life!

Enjoy this commune of PEACE & LOVE where your sims will enjoy their own personal space while sharing in community cooking, dining, gardening, skills & recreation. Artist Treehouse! Writer's, Musician's cabins with a special Collectors Shack!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: CC, No - Enlarged items, Yes - MOO, Yes - Special credit to @Brennachan for her Heirloom Seed Co. used for playtesting the lot.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

RFXti8c.png?1
    yvETDnx.png?1
    Post edited by itguyinsc on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited April 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: TresaofPern
    ORIGIN ID: Tresaofpern
    LEVEL: Experienced
    LOT: Forest Glade
    LOT COST: 8,500
    LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point in Newcrest
    BUILD COST: 135,279
    TOTAL COST: 143,779
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/5vsYFE6
    ENTRY DETAILS: Thsi group of Sims wanted to disturb nature as little as possible, so when they found a natural clearing in the untamed forest of Newcrest, they chose to build there, cutting down only the trees they needed to and using that wood in their buildings. All four buildings were intended to blend into their surroundings as closely as possible. Their swimming pool is a natural pool, with only enough rocks and flowers cleared away to allow access. Only the flower garden was planned in order to keep the paths from being overgrown.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None. Some rocks and plants were enlarged using shift+right bracket.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    I think I went a little overboard with the trees in an effort to create the forest, so those showing each side are paired with pictures from just inside the tree line.
    11qVbPO.png
    qfj5olA.png
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
    Pallystyle wrote: »
    Hello, back with a question, again. :p:D I wanted to know if I could use the shower toilet combo like the one from granite falls or the jungle GP for the bathroom? And if not can I use the outdoor showers and a bush? lol

Going to quote myself here and say that I noticed those bathroom shower combos were 0$ so I decided not to use them to be fair to those who don't have those packs and to those who use "real" toilets. Still wanting to know about the bush and tarp showers.

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member

You're right about the §0 combo's, they're a no-no, but yes, you may use bushes. How much do the tarp showers cost?! If they're comparatively priced, then go for it.
    GArBA5W.jpg

You're right about the §0 combo's, they're a no-no, but yes, you may use bushes. How much do the tarp showers cost?! If they're comparatively priced, then go for it.

The tarp shower costs more then the cheapest shower. It's the second in the list of showers I think. Thanks for the response!

• lorrie1910lorrie1910 Posts: 26 Member
    edited April 2018
    In the middle of editing my entry will repost soon.
    Post edited by lorrie1910 on
    edited April 2018

@BuildnShare Good evening - just to clarify, I used the Public Throne in addition to showers from outdoor living. Is this acceptable? The cost of the Public Throne is $1168. THANKS for your time! :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Back to the Garden
    LOT COST:126167
    LOT NAME: Oakenstead
    BUILD COST: 10000
    TOTAL COST: 136167
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/camnvjj
    ENTRY DETAILS: Notes in the slideshow as well; I decided to do a communal outdoor living area - more back to nature with tents and a refurbished Partridge Family looking bus as the kitchen. With the garden, easel, computer and workbench, it should be totally self sustaining.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: absolutely
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No recolors or cc , but should give credit to @GuildedDiscourse, as it was her ribbony looking jungle yurt that gave me the tent idea.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: GX3MCJv.png
    TbpGb7K.png
    edited May 2018
    BW10795.png

ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS92 - 50 Shades of Grey

Your results are now available here.

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited April 2018
    FORUM ID:Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID:Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL:Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: Feelin' Groovy
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ONQhQsK
    ENTRY DETAILS: Backstory in slideshow.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!!!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: FVms5lT.jpg?1u0yHPFL.png
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS92 - 50 Shades of Grey

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lorrie1910lorrie1910 Posts: 26 Member
    FORUM ID: lorrie1910
    ORIGIN ID: lorrie1910
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Rainbow Rise
    LOT COST: $8,500
    LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Peak (Newcrest)
    BUILD COST: $75,381
    TOTAL COST: $83,881
    LINK TO GALLERY: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5AEBFC05489711E88EDA27308412E0F7
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/TAalNMT
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to go for a 60/70s theme and tried to make this as colourful as possible.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: [img][/img]ZFttb7k.jpg
    [img][/img]y0CU7Dd.jpg
    edited April 2018
    FORUM ID: Pallystyle
    ORIGIN ID: Pallystyle
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E3FDA101480011E883BE9B0412E9C971
    LOT COST: 2,000
    LOT NAME: Pier Palace
    BUILD COST: 147,174
    TOTAL COST: 149,174
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/2lnTEkz
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used this time
    ENTRY DETAILS: So my idea for this build was to put the group out on the island in Windenburg. I love the idea of using shipping containers as home and felt the six would love the idea of reusing and recycling. I gave them the 3 shared living spaces. I imagined Essence and Lavendar as being a couple so they share a container with a double bed. I put Sparrow and Storm in the same container and then Sky and Raven in another. They each have one side of their shared containers decorated to suit them. I even put a little stove in Sky's side so he can do extra cooking experiments. There is a shared outdoor living area. A shower area to one side and then a small natural pool on the other. It's a perfect little Happy Hippy Hideaway.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DutdksC.png
    VXfztK9.png
    Post edited by Pallystyle on

SIM ENTRY FORM
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CF82E0BD48B411E8877FAB75CA79FE15
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ensfamA
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Six by the Sea. Essence and Lavendar are two love birds who have shared their life theories with others and now have a little group of friends that have adopted their outlook on life. Sparrow is a bit of a shy loner and loves to spend time with her collection. Sky reads a lot of cook books and uses what he learns to make his own vegetarian dishes. Raven sees art in everything and loves colors. Storm has begun looking at how to graft seeds and hopes to find a way to create new plants. A colorful bunch who just love nature and life!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    hVv1vvM.png
    zvRtG99.png

@BuildnShare Good evening - just to clarify, I used the Public Throne in addition to showers from outdoor living.

Is this acceptable? The cost of the Public Throne is $1168. THANKS for your time! :)

wB2Zykl.jpg
    itguyinsc wrote: »

@BuildnShare Good evening - just to clarify, I used the Public Throne in addition to showers from outdoor living.

Is this acceptable? The cost of the Public Throne is $1168. THANKS for your time! :)

@itguyinsc Sorry for the late reply! We said the §0 combo shower/toilet was not okay, but I don't see any reason that combining a high-cost public restroom with a free shower combo would be an issue. You could definitely get equivalent objects for much less §, so it does not appear to be an unfair advantage to allow it.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    itguyinsc wrote: »

@itguyinsc Sorry for the late reply! We said the §0 combo shower/toilet was not okay, but I don't see any reason that combining a high-cost public restroom with a free shower combo would be an issue. You could definitely get equivalent objects for much less §, so it does not appear to be an unfair advantage to allow it.

Thanks so much!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    FORUM ID: KojiK
    ORIGIN ID: K0J1K
    LOT: The Red Barn Commune
    LOT COST:3000
    LOT NAME: The Lighthouse in Windenburg
    BUILD COST:122.300
    TOTAL COST: 125.300
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/I9LqXAB
    ENTRY DETAILS: An old remodeled barn for a colorful group of people living and sharing everything together in an ecoliving environment . Inspired by The Simpsons Hippie Farm.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes pls
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NOCC, MOO.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

aXv073A.png
    bUTpqXr.png

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• avimilethavimileth Posts: 32 Member
    edited April 2018
    FORUM ID: avimileth
    ORIGIN ID: avimileth
    LOT: Doors lock your Soul here
    LOT COST: 3000
    LOT NAME: The Lighthouse in Windenburg
    BUILD COST: 136,289
    TOTAL COST: 139,289
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here
    ENTRY DETAILS: What I had in mind when building this was a place for sharing so I decided not to use any doors and only include only one toilet. When building it I was also thinking that there should be lots of color even if they didn't. I tried to create a lot where basically all rooms and areas can be used to hang out with other sims so basically they wouldn't have any moment for themselves, the only room closest to private would be bedrooms.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes pls
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Na
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    uelTdHY.png
    XpEgwSV.png
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E3FDA101480011E883BE9B0412E9C971
    LOT COST: 2,000
    LOT NAME: Pier Palace
    BUILD COST: 147,174
    TOTAL COST: 149,174
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/2lnTEkz
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used this time
    ENTRY DETAILS: So my idea for this build was to put the group out on the island in Windenburg. I love the idea of using shipping containers as home and felt the six would love the idea of reusing and recycling. I gave them the 3 shared living spaces. I imagined Essence and Lavendar as being a couple so they share a container with a double bed. I put Sparrow and Storm in the same container and then Sky and Raven in another. They each have one side of their shared containers decorated to suit them. I even put a little stove in Sky's side so he can do extra cooking experiments. There is a shared outdoor living area. A shower area to one side and then a small natural pool on the other. It's a perfect little Happy Hippy Hideaway.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DutdksC.png
    VXfztK9.png

OHH so awesome Pally!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Thank you @lisabee2 I'm secretly a hippy and love making container builds. They just seemed to fit together. I'd totally live in one!

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Thank you @lisabee2 I'm secretly a hippy and love making container builds. They just seemed to fit together. I'd totally live in one!

@Pallystyle - I looked at this one and thought it was so cool. Great job!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top