Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    Welcome to @BuildnShare @StangMix2 Loving what you've done with this lot!! Don't forget to let us have the link to where we can find the lot on the gallery, or it won't be considered an official entry.

Thank you! I've added the link :)

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    CHALLENGE #80: Wishes Of The Dead
    FORUM ID: Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID: Mannanna
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: The summer home in Windenburg
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 51986
    TOTAL COST: 54986
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/nzkD9
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/014B8D06B62411E78737A7B3994392A6?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Mannanna&max=50&maxis=false
    ENTRY DETAILS: My Erisa is a ghost. She died long time ago when she was young and didn't have a chance to raise her child. Now her wish is to bring him back so they can spend time together. I built her home in old fashion style so she would feel at home. She has an old computer though. I spent quite a bit of simolians on landscaping to make the place look inviting to visitors.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

mryfPUJ.png
    MUL7dGU.png

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited October 2017
    @stangmix2 what a great feeling of serenity you've achieved. Very pretty and I love all the vines and flowers growing on the buildings. Awesome.

@mannanna Fantastic mausoleum and office and I really love the way you made it both dark and charming at the same time. Wonderful shot talking to death. Great Erisa and build!

@pronterus - I actually thought the modern grave you did looked very East Asian, so assumed an Asian influence as well. Looks great!
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    @pronterus - I actually thought the modern grave you did looked very East Asian, so assumed an Asian influence as well. Looks great!

Thanks @Ainsleyf ! Maybe I should try making an Asian graveyard next time.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I have not seen all your slideshows, I'm using my time to finish my cemetery. But with the few pictures I can say that this theme is great <3 I would have a full neighborhood of cemeteries :# They all look beautiful, I will see all your pictures soon ;)
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    @Ainsleyf Love you build, the outside feels so eerie. I am always amazed at how much you are able to do with such tight budgets. True with all you experts. Cute ideas with the viewing room and the sleeping area for the dogs :) I love the exterior rock walls that you used. Cries a little, I don't think I have that pack.

@NHuband I really like your viewing room and office. I wish I could enlarge your pictures. I wanted to crawl closer, lol
    I do have a warning for anyone who doesn’t know this already or has forgotten, but if you place the buydebug tombstones, they cannot be removed.

Thank you! @oXseashellXo I had no idea that is the case. Too late for me now I guess, but very good to know.

@bmj97 awe, your cottage and graveyard looks so cute and sunny! Your little seating area looks so inviting, and welcome to this thread. :smile:

@pronterus very creative how you built your own graves, with your city buildings in the background it looks very much like it belongs.

@JosieAnglin Cute, cute interiors and a very tidy yard, awesome.

@oXseashellXo Really cool and creepy, Love it! <3

@StangMix2 I don't know how you can call yourself not a builder, your lot and interior are stunning. Love all the greenery on the walls! And welcome :)

Thank you @Ainsleyf for your comments and taking the time to do so! <3
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    @BuildnShare there are two things I would like to know. Fist must the be a fence, reason why I ask cause it's not in your brief. Second what type of lot should the graveyard be. :)
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @BuildnShare I was wondering the same as @abelhinha35 actually, and also have an additional question.. the 12 graves are also not specifically mentioned in the brief. Does there have to be 12?

I was so focused on the brief itself, I only now noticed the grave count while going over the whole thing again :p

The graves to buy are so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 expensive, and I'm at the top of my budget already. haha!

Anyone else have any awesome solution to the graves? I read here that the debug graves are a but iffy and maybe not the best to use right?
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Graveyard Boulevard
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 51,947
    TOTAL COST: 54,947
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/3V6ST
    ENTRY DETAILS: A peaceful and welcoming graveyard containing 12 graves with space for many more. Fully landscaped with attractive plants and seated areas for reflection. The Mausoleum is calming, again with seating and leads to a quiet fishing pond. There are public WCs and a shed containing water facilities for loved ones to tend their flowers. There is also bin storage here. The Groundskeeper's cottage is small and quaint with bedroom, bathroom and open plan living areas. There is a private bbq garden to the side. All animal friendly with lots of space for pets to run around.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

R2AvQr9.png

5JbGJNR.jpg

uzE2H1V.jpg
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Laebeth
    ORIGIN ID: Ninnster
    LOT: Los Muertos Cemetery
    LOT COST: 3,500
    BUILD COST: 51,477
    TOTAL COST: 54,977
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/GoSC9
    ENTRY DETAILS: Los Muertos Cemetery is a Spanish colonial style cemetery. It includes a large mausoleum for those who wish to reflect in piece with the dead. The outdoor graveyard has a new fence and all 12 graves are accounted for. Some gravesites are new, some are old, some are well kept and loved, some are forgotten and neglected. The cemetery also includes a cottage for the caretaker. It is quite modest, yet spacious. The first floor includes living/dining area and kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. The second floor has a large room to use as a study, with ample space for any extra "family members". The outdoor grounds are well kept with some lovely hedges and flower beds.
    -- My first entry to this challenge, and it was quite the challenge I must say! I struggled to keep within budget. Great practice though! I am sure as I learn I will get better at making smarter "budget friendly" choices, but although lacking in certain areas I still wanted to submit the cemetery and get some feedback on it :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

HnOlXmH.png?1
    DdiBVLk.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    @masajo and @Laebeth I love your lots!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Laebeth wrote: »
    @BuildnShare I was wondering the same as @abelhinha35 actually, and also have an additional question.. the 12 graves are also not specifically mentioned in the brief. Does there have to be 12?

I was so focused on the brief itself, I only now noticed the grave count while going over the whole thing again :p

The graves to buy are so plum expensive, and I'm at the top of my budget already. haha!

Anyone else have any awesome solution to the graves? I read here that the debug graves are a but iffy and maybe not the best to use right?
    @Laebeth and @abelhinha35 - we really do recommend that you read the entire brief, there can be nuances that are often overlooked. Erisa states in the dialogue that there are 12 graves currently on the lot, but that the city is in fact reopening the graveyard, so there should 'probably' be room for more. In the earlier paragraph, Erisa does state that the graveyard needs a new fence. Now, as none of these are listed as 'must haves' in the brief, you won't be marked down for not including them, but it may affect how the judge views the build as a whole. As for the buydebug graveyards, we understand that once placed, you cannot delete them, ever, so you may want to start a new save game if you do decide to use them. You can always save your lot to the gallery and replace it into your new save game.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #BnS79 - The Third Sister: Carrie

Your results are now available here, apologies for the delay.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you for the feedback @BuildnShare :blush:

Yeah, I'll remember to read the whole brief and not just the end part. haha! But after writing to you, I did (to be safe) go back and make some hard choices and got the money to buy the remaining graves. So the build I entered does have the 12 graves and the fence. Will it have enough space to expand? Well, I guess that depends on your view on how much space is needed :p

I am usually spoiled with building with all packs and limitless money, so doing this was both hard and fun at the same time. I am sure I could have made better choices, but it was still great fun! I look forward to getting some feedback on it and getting a feel for how this comp works :wink:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Congrats again to @Oliana, @FoundMarbles and @NHuband, your winning creations have been showcased on our social media sites facebook, Twitter and tumblr and we have updated the front page as well!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2017
    Thanks for the reply @BuildnShare. : Will have to make some changes before I can post my entry. :)@BuildnShare should the graveyard be a residential lot type?
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID:glen1974
    ORIGIN ID:glen1974
    LOT: Hawthorne Gates https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/AF41C9A7B83411E784C061C9B1A42A59?category=lots&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=downloads&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=hawthorne gates&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false
    LOT COST:3000
    BUILD COST:51914
    TOTAL COST: 54914
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/XRqYC
    ENTRY DETAILS: A resting place of serenity and tranquillity , that's Hawthorne Gates. Immaculately kept, this new cemetery has 12 graves so far with room for additional. The name is derived from the various Hawthorne trees on the grounds, the largest and oldest of which is located at the rear of the grounds next to the white marble mausoleum. A groundskeeper cottage is adjacent to the entrance and is surrounded by its own white picket fence. This one bedroom /bathroom cottage is split over two floors, the ground floor being an open plan kitchen/living/study area. Homely decorated throughout and in neutral/soft tones.
    The cemetery grounds also contain a pond with seating area for contemplation. There's also an outdoor sink with provided watering cans so Sims can tend to their loved ones graves and finally there is also restroom facilities.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: [img][/img]xWqNckd.png?1
    [img][/img]66dVM5y.png

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    @masajo Love the design of your graveyard, and that driveway is eye-catching!

@Laebeth That's a great Spanish colonial cemetery! Reminds me of some graveyards we have here.

@glen1974 That mausoleum is to die for, and I love how you created those graves using the fence tool :)
    @pronterus Thank you so much! Just checked out your build also and its awesome! I really like your choice of gates, your mausoleum and what you did with the cottage. Great job!
    Thank you @pronterus that means a lot :blush: I live in Norway and Spanish colonial cemeteries aren't exactly common here :p The fact it reminds you of ones you have seen makes me super happy!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Yikes! I shoulda read the posts about the debug gravestones! Ah well, too late now!
  • jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    @glen1974 Love those cemetery plots, they look great!
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    Laebeth wrote: »

The graves to buy are so plum expensive, and I'm at the top of my budget already. haha!

Im not trying to dissuade anyone from using the buydebug graves! I used them and that would be unfair of me! I just wanted to let people know cause I learned the hard way that they are difficult to get rid of.

My solution was to save the game as a separate file. (Revert my building file to an old save of-which only lost me the work on the graveyard, which I had saved in my gallery, but not uploaded. So nothing lost) then when I shared my build I also built a version without the graves and shared that more publicly.

If you have used the graves and want to get rid of them I recommend moving a random sim into the lot. Putting the graves into their family inventory (this will let you remove them from the lot) then evicting the sim and going into the manage households panel and deleting the household. I haven’t tried this but I think it will get rid of the gravestones you don’t want.

@masajo your build is so cute! I love all of the cottagy elements and the way you placed those debug stones :smile:

@Laebeth I love the southwestern style of your build! The tower is so cool! Did you enlarge one of the roof objects to create it? I’m sorry my warning about the graves affected your budget so much. I do think that your build has turned out amazing though!

@glen1974 I love hawthorn gates! The curtain on the lower half of the bathroom window is exactly how it would be don’t in an old farmhouse/cottage. The toys at the grave were so sad and creepy. Very well done :smile:
    Thanks for the reply @BuildnShare. : Will have to make some changes before I can post my entry. :)@BuildnShare should the graveyard be a residential lot type?
    It would make sense for the lot to be residential, so that Erisa can live there, but it's not a requirement.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    It would make sense for the lot to be residential, so that Erisa can live there, but it's not a requirement.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top