Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #40 - La Casa Dello Splendore

The results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #38 - Habitat for Humanity

GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #39 - Alien Encounters

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2016
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #40 - La Casa dello Splendore

GArBA5W.jpg
  • rconercone Posts: 407 Member
    @BuildnShare for challenge #41 can it be a garage/carport as the foundation makes faux garage doors look very weird.
    @BuildnShare any answer ??? Build is done just need clarification please
    Sorry for the delay in replying, @rcone . The challenge includes a garage (enclosed) and not a carport (open), so you need either to create without a foundation or use a foundation that works with the garage-style windows. :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    OK thnak you now to take photos and upload then should be ready to enter :D
    edited April 2016
    Ok hope I am doing this right if not I can fix

CHALLENGE #: 41 - A Taste for Finer Things

FORUM ID: Rcone

ORIGIN ID: Rconewarrior

LEVEL: Established or Expert

LOT: Le Chateau Rose

LOT COST: $2000

BUILD COST: $92,900

TOTAL COST: $94,900

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/C6jA5

ENTRY DETAILS:
    A French Country Cottage built on a moderate 30 x 20 in Newcrest. Plan is modified from a house I stayed at in the french country side in the 90s. The house is decorated with fine well built furniture based on what was actually in the real house. On the main floor as you come into the house are 2 arches leading to, on the left the living room and on the right the dining room with the kitchen behind it with a walk- in Wine storage room. Upstairs are 2 bedrooms and a study. The master bedroom contains a en-suite bathroom. The second bathroom for the house is located on the second floor at the front of the house. The Back patio/yard contains a Barbecue and dining set for sims to sit and relax. Also located in the back patio is a small garden for your Sims to plant their own Produce.
    As I said this is based on a house I stayed in for about a month it was more orange in shade and had a 3 car garage workroom with a guest suite above which is where I stayed. It was quite lovely but far more over grown with a pool and on a fairly large lot of land I think about 3 acres.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Concrit away

04-10-16_7-27-36nbspPM_zpsc6ghjdeg.png

04-10-16_7-28-39nbspPM_zpsjpwwhe0z.png

Edit: there is no CC in the house but am getting a wrench icon???
    Edit2: Fixed
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Beauvoir
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 92,699
    TOTAL COST: 94,699
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/DG2V0
    ENTRY DETAILS: French country style cottage built in Windenburg. Separate room in kitchen for wine storage. Bedrooms in the basement. Covered walkway from house to garage. Picnic and bbq area outside the back door.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/1B7A4201001111E681FA258A830520D5?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

bW9TW4r.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    Hi @BuildnShare this is my first entry for this challenge, also my first slideshow (I hope it is not too bad, but it was nice to learn something new):

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID: emere
    ORIGIN ID: osiazul
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: L'Aubergine
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 92,900
    TOTAL COST: 94,900
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/osiazul/slideshow/Aubergine
    ENTRY DETAILS: A peaceful french country style house, inspired by the eggplant (aubergine in french) colors. This house has all the conveniences of modern life, but without losing the country traditional charm.

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

11-04-2016_13-51-51_zpsg16kt56s.png
    Challenge #41 is now closed, we hope you'll join us for #42 :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2016
    A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

#42 - Spring Designer Showdown

It is that time again! Time to let your style truly shine and compete in the Spring Designer Showdown! First, you must pick an inspiration object from the seven below:

Bns42Image.png

1. Caress Wheel Barrench (§275) < Indoor Plants < Decorations

2. Captain Chaz MacFreeling’s Galleon (§1225) < Sculptures < Decorations

3. PenguinVision Children’s Television Set (§275) < Televisions < Electronics

4. In the Balance Antique Scale (§200) < Miscellaneous < Decorations

5. Bright Idea Robot Lamp (§70) < Table Lamps < Lighting

6. Knight of the Octagon Table Suit of Armor (§8200) < Sculptures < Decorations

7. Ordinary Things Shadowbox Display (§1200) < Wall Decorations < Decorations

The above are all base game objects and may be recolored and/or resized as the game allows. Build a fully decorated, fully landscaped house inspired by one of these objects.

Requirements:

• Lot size: your choice anywhere in any of the five cities
    • House must contain at least one bathroom and areas to sleep, eat and prepare food. The style, number of rooms and levels is up to you!
    • Feature your inspiration object somewhere on the lot (at least one of your slides should show this!).
    Budget: §250,000 (This includes the cost of the lot and the inspiration object.)

Room Challenge:

• Build a fabulous kitchen inspired by one of the objects above. The object must be incorporated into the kitchen.
    Budget: §40,000

Sim Challenge:

Create a household (one or more Sims) to live in your inspiration house. Provide a backstory for the household relating to the inspiration object.

CHALLENGE #: 42 - Spring Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST: (The cost of the lot)
    BUILD COST: (The cost of the build, not including the lot price)
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS42

The deadline for this challenge is 27th April 2016.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #41 - A Taste for Finer Things

GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #41 - A Taste for Finer Things

GArBA5W.jpg
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member

FORUM ID:popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID:popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Established?
    LOT: Red Victorian Family Home
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/61408C07086F11E689F0B45EC46F5166?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: 222,498
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s373.photobucket.com/user/cillaben/slideshow/Red Victorian Home

ENTRY DETAILS:
    I chose the Caress Wheel Barrench for my Spring Showdown item. This is my first time trying to build a Victorian house, but I've always wanted to try it. There are some of these houses in my city and they look so pretty. This house is made for a family with kids and because there are 4 bedrooms, it is suitable for a big family.

04-22-16_73310nbspPM_zpse2icbqfl.png
    04-22-16_73521nbspPM_zpscruvuont.png04-22-16_52213nbspPM_zps1gt6mkhk.png
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Gorgeous entry, @popettypop2012 ! :smiley: I love the wrap-around porch and second-level balcony. Fav'd!
    Thank you so much, @StSciurus :) I'm glad you like it. It took me ages to build this house.
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited April 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Sciurian Craftsman
    LOT COST: §2,000
    BUILD COST: §223,516
    TOTAL COST: §225,516
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the Ordinary Things Shadowbox Display as my inspiration object. To me it conveyed a sense of the handmade, useful and everyday. I imagined a family of four moving in—the father, a scientist and craftsman, who loves working with wood and probably built much of the furniture and shelving in the house; the mother, an artist and writer; a teenage son with ambitions to be a rockstar; and a little girl, who is creative and fascinated by life. The Craftsman style of Amercian houses seemed like the perfect model for what to build. I used lots of dark wood, mostly contrasted with white walls and pops of red and green.

SIM: The Jansons family
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Meet the Jansons family
    ENTRY DETAILS: Edgars Jansons moved his family from Latvia to Newcrest to work in the Science Laboratory. He is a skilled craftsman who likes to build things for his family. His wife Vizma is and accomplished artist. Their teenage son Kristers want to be a rockstar, and their daughter Zita just loves being a kid!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

1.png
    8174dc3e-3a89-428c-9cce-313c7fefc4a4.png
    Post edited by StSciurus on
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    Hi @BuildnShare here is my official entry form for challenge 42:

FORUM ID: emere
    ORIGIN ID: osiazul
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: The Steampunk Balance https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C40740140BE411E68CC814EC581C4F6D
    LOT COST: 3,500
    BUILD COST: 186,831
    TOTAL COST: 190,331
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/osiazul/slideshow/Balance
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the In the Balance Antique Scale. I build a steampunk house for one or maybe two sims who look for knowledge. I feel the steampunk is the balance between past and future, reality and imagination, and what we know and what we will discover.

ENTRY DETAILS:
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    26-04-2016_14-10-54_zps16qq2avk.png
    26-04-2016_13-40-54_zpsezhahpjd.png
    Challenge #42 is now closed, we hope you'll join us for #43, it's going to be challenging :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    #43 - Fairy Rescue

“How very sad,” you think to yourself as your eyes wander over the pretty little park.

Barely large enough for a single family picnic, it hosted 3 trees clustered together over the flower strewn grass. It was more decorative than functional. And according to the glaring sign at the edge nearest the road, it was shortly going to be replaced by a gas station. You sigh, saddened by the loss of the little park. You had driven past if for years, and while you never stopped, it still perked you up every time you passed. Now though, you take your time, studying it to carefully imprint it on your mind.

As you stroll slowly around the little park taking pictures, a flash of colour catches your eye. You pause for a moment, trying to see it again. You’ve seen that kind of flash before. It had led to the monumental task of helping to build a fairy tale village. Knowing that the fey can be shy, you continue taking your pictures before sitting beneath one of the trees. To pass the time until the shyness fades, you flip through the pictures. Once that’s done, you lean your head back, letting your eyes close, and simply bask in the quiet beauty.

After nearly half an hour of basking, you hear a whispery voice say, “What does demo-oh-lis-hed mean?” It has that underlying chime you had learned to associate with the magical. Slowly opening your eyes, you see a face peeping through the leaves. Indigo eyes watch your every move like a nervous bird.

Speaking softly and gently, you reply “It means that this park is going to be razed.”

“Raised?” asks a second voice. Still moving slowly you look down to see a second person sitting on a flower near your knee. Unlike the first, this one is clearly female, with sunflower yellow hair. Her eyes and wings are the blue of a summer sky.

“Flattened. Destroyed.” you tell her as gently as you would a small child. A wrong tone of voice would send them scattering.

“Destroyed!” A pair of purple haired fairies pop out from nowhere, startling you and the sunflower haired fairy.

The female with pansy purple hair and marigold yellow eyes and wings stomps her foot. “They can't do that! We live here! Tell them to stop it!” She demands imperiously.

“Yeah!” says her companion, a male with violet hair. His eyes and wings are the brilliant orange of an aloe flower.

“She cant just make them stop,” says the original indigo eyed fairy, now perching in full view like a bird. He brushes rose red hair from his eyes.

“But we live here Balsam!” protests the sunflower haired fairy. She turns tearful eyes on you. “Isn't there anything that can be done?”

You let out a soft groan, wondering how you keep getting caught up in these things. To give yourself time to think, you ask their names. The blue eyed fairy introduces herself as Hyacinth, a flower fairy. The indigo eyed male is Balsam, a tree fairy. The pansy haired girl is Kiwi and her violet haired companion is her brother, Fig. Both of them are tree fairies as well.

“Are you the only fairies here?” you ask curiously.

“Yes,” says Kiwi sadly, “All the others left along time ago. And now we have to go too.”

“But where?” Fig asks gloomily, climbing up to sit on another tree branch. Hyacinth takes flight, fluttering her distress.

You hmm, holding out your hand for Hyacinth to perch in. As you look into her hopeful little face, an idea blooms.

“Well…” They look at you expectantly. “I cant save this home.” There are hopeless little cries. Before they can dissolve into worse, you continue. “However, that doesn’t mean I cant help you find a new one. I’m a builder and I’ve been asked to make a new park for our town. They didn’t really give me any specifics, so I can make it into a new home for you and still make them happy.”

“You can?” Asks a hopeful Balsam. “But they will take away our home in a month!”

“Piece of cake!” you assure him, making all four fairies launch into a delighted frenzy of fluttering. You pull out your phone again to start making notes. By the time you finally leave near sundown, you have several ideas on how to pull off your promise and 4 excited fairies.

Brief:

30×30 minimum lot
    35,000 budget
    Make a full functioning park for people to enjoy and fairies to thrive in
    Create 4 areas within the park for the fairies to occupy

Sim Challenge:

Create the 4 fairies

CHALLENGE #: 43 - Fairy Rescue
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST: (The cost of the lot)
    BUILD COST: (The cost of the build, not including the lot price)
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

ENTRY DETAILS:

ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS43

The deadline for this challenge is 11th May 2016

GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare do the areas for fairies to occupy need to have beds, bathrooms and other necessities? Does this need to be uploaded as a park or residential?
    @popettypop2012 , the lot needs to look as if it is a functioning park, but whether you upload it as a park or a residence is up to you. It would definitely need restrooms to function as a park. How the fairies occupy the lot is up to you!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #42 - Spring Designer Showdown

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top