Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited April 2016
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #42 - Spring Designer Showdown

The results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    @BuildnShare do the areas for fairies to occupy need to have beds, bathrooms and other necessities? Does this need to be uploaded as a park or residential?

In my head I just pictured natural areas a fairy would live in and the rest of the park design for human type sims? Lol
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @buildnshare thank you so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I'm really sorry that I forgot to mention that I'd like constructive criticism.

@emere Your win is so well deserved. Your house is AMAZING.
    @popettypop , not a problem! Some suggestions were written for you before we realized that you hadn't indicated that you would like constructive criticism. We could add them to your posted critique or message them to you privately if you'd like.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    Thanks @popettypop2012 I love steampunk stuff (and sims, lol). I love Victorian homes, it is awesome you can see them in RL :# (red's ones are the best!).

Wow @BuildnShare I feel the budget for the new challenge is the REAL challenge, lol :D
    Thank you, @BuildnShare I would always appreciate any feedback because that is the only way to learn.
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #42 - Spring Designer Showdown

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you, @BuildnShare I would always appreciate any feedback because that is the only way to learn.

@popettypop2012 , some suggestions have been added to your critique on the Winners Page here.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you so much for the suggestions, @BuildnShare :) I will definitely apply them for my next build
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 43 - Fairy Rescue
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Periwinkle Park
    LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST: 32,438
    TOTAL COST: 34,938
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/NHdZY
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mediaeval theme with fairies in mind built around a central fountain in case the fairies get thirsty. Trees placed for the tree fairies, Balsam (behind the pirate ship), Kiwi (near the piano gazebo) and Fig (behind the monkey bars). Hyacinth, a flower fairy with sunflower yellow hair has a special place among the sunflower plants.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/A492A7A9122311E68C1100F8A5012CFB?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

y21Zk1R.png

0HeT0wv.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited May 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID: popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Parkshore
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/CF08D17D128011E6848C36C1CD05B5C7?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    BUILD COST: 31,038
    TOTAL COST: 33,538
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s373.photobucket.com/user/cillaben/slideshow/Fairy Park

ENTRY DETAILS: The park has plenty of things for the fairies (and normal sims) to enjoy. There are two magic trees at the back and a nice cherry blossom trees. There are plenty of trees scattered around the park for the tree fairies. Hyacinth, the flower fairy lives around the flower patch near the entrance. There are garden plots for the fairies when they get hungry. There is also a fountain and fishing pond.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    05-07-16_90521nbspAM_zpswq0vslow.png

05-07-16_90602nbspAM_zpsxhmfqa4u.png
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited May 2016

Hi @BuildnShare here is my entry for the Fairy Rescue Challenge

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID: emere
    ORIGIN ID: osiazul
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Little Fairy Park https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/8611A2EF13D011E68CC800F8A5012CFB
    BUILD COST: 32,323
    TOTAL COST: 34,823
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/osiazul/slideshow/Park
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is a small whimsical park where the four fairies can live, but also they can share with sims of all ages. It is a functional park with many activities to have a magical good time.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    06-05-2016_17-16-06_zpsjyfigd0q.png
    06-05-2016_16-56-30_zps056yem4f.png
    Challenge #43 - Fairy Rescue is now closed, we hope you'll join us for #44 :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    #44 - This One’s for the Bronies

“This is a mighty pretty park” a woman’s voice says from nearby.

You look over at the speaker, unaccustomed to hearing such a thick southern accent. A blonde young woman wearing a Stetson walks along beside a rather tall and strongly built young man.

The sandy haired man simply responds, “Eeyup.”

“AJ! Mac!” calls a youthful voice.

The two adults turn around, showing you the strong family resemblance in their freckled faces. A little girl with bright red hair runs up to them.

AJ hunkers down to her level, “What's got you so excited Blossom?”

She pushes her short sleeves up a bit more, revealing the tattoo of 3 red apples on her bicep.

“Did you see them cute little houses?” She asks, pointing at one of them. “What are they for?”

“Don’t know. Likely just decoration.” AJ says.

Unable to resist, you speak up. “They’re fairy houses.”

All three focus on you. You walk over to smile down at the little girl with a bright pink bow in her hair. “There are four fairies who live here. They keep the park blooming and healthy.”

“How do you know?” Asks Blossom interestedly.

“Because I designed the park for them.”

“Wow!”

“That sure is something. Ain't it Mac?” says AJ as she stands back up.

“Eeyup” is the laid back reply.

“Would you like a tour of the park?” you offer with a smile.

AJ and Mac take you up on the offer, while blossom runs off to examine the houses again. During the tour you learn that Mac, AJ, and Blossom are all new arrivals to the town. They decided to move after a wildfire devastated their family orchard. AJ is clearly the more talkative of the two, being forthright and practical. Her elder brother, Mac, seems content to listen, contributing with an “Eeyup” or a “Nope” from time to time. Blossom is the youngest and a cheerful little spitfire, running back and forth and exploring the beauty of the park. The matriarch of the Smith family, Granny, will be joining them when they get settled, according to AJ.

“What are you looking for?” you ask, sensing an opportunity. “Maybe I can help.”

Mac wanders off to play with Blossom as AJ sits down on a bench. You sit next to her as she starts to speak. “Well, we want a large piece of land, since we’re wantin’ to restart the farm. A house obviously.”

“How many bedrooms?”

“At least four, with one on the ground floor for Granny. She’s getting’ on in years and stairs ain't always easy for her to manage.”

“Bathrooms?”

“Well, 4’d be nice, but me an’ Blossom can share. Wouldn’t be the first time. “ She smiles. “So at least 3 I think. Don’t want the house too big you know. Don’t need it takin up too much of the land, ya know?”

“Are you gonna grow anything other than the apples?”

“Yep. At the old place we had a vegetable garden. Sure did grow some tasty carrots. And we had chickens.”

“What about budget? Did you have an idea of that?”

“Bout 50,000. Insurance wouldn’t cover more than that.” She scowls. “Never mind the generations that was there.”

“Don’t forget the barn.” Mac says, as he trots by with Blossom on his back.

“Right. Used to take a family picture in front of the barn every year. Be nice to continue that this year.”

“Understandable.” You say, checking over the notes you made on your phone. “Sounds like you guys have some pretty solid ideas of what you want.”

“Well, not knowin’ what you want never got you anything.” She observes, flipping her pony tail over her shoulder. “you wouldn’t happen to know someone who can help us get it do you?”

“As Mac would say, eeyup.” AJ laughs at your imitation. You hand her a business card. “Give me a little time. I’ll call you as soon as I’m done.”

Brief:

4 bedrooms, minimum 3 bathrooms.
    Apple trees
    Vegetable garden
    Chickens
    Barn

Sim Challenge:

Make the Smiths:

Mac: Family oriented, loves the outdoors, creative
    AJ: Family oriented, loves the outdoors, self assured
    Blossom: Family oriented, loves the outdoors, outgoing

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 44 - This One’s for the Bronies
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST: (The cost of the lot)
    BUILD COST: (The cost of the build, not including the lot price)
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS44

The deadline for this challenge is 25th May 2016

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Well hello there folks! Been a while, things have been a bit pants for me of late, but I am back!!

FORUM ID: faithofkaela
    ORIGIN ID: faithofkaela
    LOT: Orchardleigh Farm (link to follow)
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $47,641
    TOTAL COST: $49,641
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Link to Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: Orchardleigh Farm is a working apple orchard, with an old red barn and a couple of hen houses. The interior consists of a large open plan kitchen, living and dining area downstairs along with a ground floor bedroom and ensuite. The first floor consists of a further 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None, except in game cheats

SPACE FOR PICTURES: [img][/img]Orchardleigh%20Farm%20Title_zps5t6soi3j.jpg~original
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #43 - Fairy Rescue

GArBA5W.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LOT: Squirrel Run Farm
    LOT COST: §3,000
    BUILD COST: §46,999
    TOTAL COST: §49,999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Squirrel Run Farm is a family farm with four bedrooms and three full bathrooms. It is simple and affordable, but includes a barn for animals, a vegetable garden, a fishing hole and an apple orchard.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

1.Xmorning.png
    3.barn1.png

ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #43 - Fairy Rescue

GArBA5W.jpg
    How is everyone getting on with the new challenge? I'll admit, the budget was tight, but it was great fun!! It's raining here, again, looks like we might have had our summer already ;) I'm planning a new park build for my weekend activities. Anyone working on anything interesting?
    @FaithofKaela I have some ideas for the farm but not sure how to incorporate chickens in it. The budget sounds really tough but I think it would be fun.
    @popettypop2012 - have you checked out mine and @StSciurus's entries?? Might give you some ideas ;)
    edited May 2016
    I will, @FaithofKaela Thanks for the tip. I will start working on it tmrw.
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I will, @FaithofKaela Thanks for the tip. I will start working on it tmrw.

I always look forward to your entries, @popettypop2012 ! :smiley:
    Thank you , @StSciurus
    StSciurus wrote: »

I always look forward to your entries, @popettypop2012 ! :smiley:

As do I!! :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights