Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    CHALLENGE #81: The Gypsies
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Urban RV Park
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 72,000
    TOTAL COST: 75,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS: I went for an urban RV park, situated right in the middle of town. Built from an old parking lot with an unused storage unit, this urban RV park has enough space for 3 RVs, a picnic area, and a lounge/communal shower area. Each RV has a bedroom, a dining area, a kitchen area, and a small water closet. The communal showers are divided into male and female areas, with the powder room being communal. The shared lounge is where people can have recreation and sleep, and it includes bunk beds and futons. The picnic area was unearthed from the former pavement, and it now has a bonfire and buffet/grill area for parties.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    7zIGOqp.png
    lRp370z.png
    Post edited by pronterus on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    :s OK, so they changed debug but I think they created some bugs along the way!! Every time i zoom up to look the whole lot over all plants disappear leaving the terrain paint behind AND all my trees turn into something resembling paper cut-outs. I am getting a little frustrated. I tried repairing the game and that made ZERO difference. Does anybody know what is going on with this? I can't photograph my entry! All those dark terrain circles are plants.

HfnbTKL.jpg
    What are your graphics settings set to hon? It looks like you something might have changed there... Personally, I haven't experienced this issue, has anyone else?

GArBA5W.jpg
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited November 2017
    @FoundMarbles I just tested this in my game, and its not happening to me either, check your "objects" graphics setting, it might of reset at some stage.
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    :s OK, so they changed debug but I think they created some bugs along the way!! Every time i zoom up to look the whole lot over all plants disappear leaving the terrain paint behind AND all my trees turn into something resembling paper cut-outs. I am getting a little frustrated. I tried repairing the game and that made ZERO difference. Does anybody know what is going on with this? I can't photograph my entry! All those dark terrain circles are plants.

HfnbTKL.jpg
    What are your graphics settings set to hon? It looks like you something might have changed there... Personally, I haven't experienced this issue, has anyone else?

I have made no changes to my graphics settings and I have no CC in game, I reset to defaults just to see if that made any difference. Oddly "Game Play" options is grayed out and not accessible, I have no idea why that is either. The result is the same in build or live mode.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    That is very odd @FoundMarbles. I don't have a problem in my game using the new debug. I am wondering what you do with your game, first foundation and now this... :'( I hope you can figure it out, that's so frustrating!
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Pronterus, you do such amazing and fun floor work. Love all the striped dividers and the whole urban take on the theme is pretty darned cool! Neat!!

RE: Debug...I don't know if it was mentioned here, but if you do the bb.showhiddenobjects then look at your filters, there is one to show only debug items.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS80 - Wishes Of The Dead

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    @Pronterus, you do such amazing and fun floor work. Love all the striped dividers and the whole urban take on the theme is pretty darned cool! Neat!!

RE: Debug...I don't know if it was mentioned here, but if you do the bb.showhiddenobjects then look at your filters, there is one to show only debug items.

Thanks @Ainsleyf :) The stripes were a result of trying to fill in the empty space with something
    mannanna wrote: »
    That is very odd @FoundMarbles. I don't have a problem in my game using the new debug. I am wondering what you do with your game, first foundation and now this... :'( I hope you can figure it out, that's so frustrating!

I don't get it! Everything is set to the default positions, I checked that screen resolution was a match for the PC, I did a "Repair Game", I have no CC, I tried repairing the lot by building swimming pools over the whole lot and then deleting it, I did the same thing with flooring the whole lot and deleting (the last two generally work for malfunctioning lots). I have nothing happening in the game that should do this to me. It is NOT just debug ALL PLANTS and FLOWERS go blotto. After all the work I did for this challenge I may not be able to enter, in the end! :'(
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    After all the work I did for this challenge I may not be able to enter, in the end! :'(

Oh no! Don't say that. If you had CC I'd say that was the problem but it does sound like a mystery. The only other thing I can think of is your graphic card going bad. Maybe look for an updated driver? I'm just fishing, maybe post in the bug forum if you haven't already. Good luck! I feel for you :'(

• Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    I'm going to enter the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 challenge. I've noticed that the price of my build (empty lot price + build) is different in build mode from when I save the item to my library for upload to the gallery (in gallery the price goes up considerably). At first I thought the gallery upload adds the original empty lot price to the build but the figures don't add up so it is not that. Will it be ok if my lot is under 75,000 in build mode regardless of what it shows in the gallery?
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Rykel - the lot price is not taken into account when you upload your lot to the gallery, this is why @BuildnShare ask for the details of both of the prices. In build mode in game, everything on the lot is subject to depreciation, as soon as you press the play button, the value of the objects come down a little bit. To get a true cost, you will need to use the price listed in the upload screen, the 'save lot' screen, this will give you the cost that @BuildnShare are interested in. You will then need to ensure that this cost, plus the cost of the lot you chose, does not exceed the budget, in this case $75,000. I hope this helps, if you have any other questions, please ask.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    @FaithofKaela Thank you! I get it now, the lot depreciation does not transfer to the gallery, when saving it reverts back to the original prices. I will keep in mind that it excludes the cost of the lot.
    FORUM ID: Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID: Mannanna
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/57F2AF49C0D811E78B9ABF8A633AFDC0?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Mannanna&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: $3000
    BUILD COST: $71946
    TOTAL COST: $74,946
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/yP3bl

ENTRY DETAILS: I went with the more traditional colorful 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagons. ( well,somewhat :) )I did however opt out of putting wheels on them. It just didn't look right to me so let's just say they liked the camp so much and bought new RV's to travel with. :#o:)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes,yes love it!

Az66Wb4.png
    s4RrLL8.png
    Those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagons look amazing @mannanna !
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A1510FC3C0DF11E78045BF8A633AFDC0?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS81&max=50&maxis=false

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/DjYKV
    ENTRY DETAILS: Gino, ( yeah I spelled his name wrong, lol ) is of Romani or Romany ancestry, living with his father Papa Yoska and little sister Simza. The rest of his large family have not moved in to Willow Creek yet. Gino is a quick learner, loves to socialize and prides himself to be an insider. He loves his family very much but can be a bit moody, he's a teenager after all. Papa Yoska is very family oriented and little Simza is a wild one.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes,thank you :)

uQwHu87.png
    Thank you @pronterus ! :) Now I will sit back with a cup of coffee and look at all the other slideshows including yours. That's a nice part of this challenge, oogling and drooling lol
    @Mannanna - we definitely are on the same wavelength, even picked the name "Yoska" for the relatives...how weird is that? Beautiful build though! I need to get in there and check out your slide show. It's gorgeous so far! ( I have brother-in-law, Milosh Yoska - so, not the same as Papa Yoska).

Having a bear of a time with this. Game is doing weird things. Had to abandon my rabbit hutch and chicken coop as they were not uploading and downloading in one piece - fair enough, but now if I try to build a base piece, I can't put a floor on top of it and it looks like it's knocked a clear spot down to the non-existent basement. This is new. Thank gods I'm almost done. I'm play-testing now and have to spruce up my Gio. He's learning violin at the moment. Haha!
    edited November 2017
    @BuildnShare QUESTION! I was 2 under budget when I deleted my upload so I could edit it for the hashtag. I CHANGED NOTHING on the lot or builds. I simply play tested. When I started to upload again I was over 400 over budget! I am confused. How could that have happened? I could remove that much in value but I now will need to take all new pics and do a whole new slide show. My fruit trees have since matured from seedlings, could that be it?

Since Microsoft did a big update on my windows 10, this game has been endless trouble. It took me forever to get configuration settings that did not destroy the game. Now I am about ready to cry! :'(

OK I am well under now and safely uploaded. I swapped out 2 fridges. That left most pictures OK.
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    edited November 2017
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: FoundMarbles
    ORIGIN ID: FoundMarbles
    LOT: Sandy Shores
    LOT COST: 10500
    BUILD COST: 64423
    TOTAL COST: 74923
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/bDSBO
    GALLERY DOWNLOAD: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7FD8A7CBC26811E78BC7EC099AB30C43?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=sandy shores&max=50&maxis=false
    ENTRY DETAILS: CHALLENGE #81: The Gypsies These Gypsies are the modern variety. They prefer the amenities of made in America RVs with all the comforts that go with it. This is a trailer park with a very rustic theme. The 3 camper-trailers are large and comfortable. The lodge serves more as a community recreation center and meeting house. These Gypsies have all their needs met in the RVs. The lodge has activities such a chess, reading and painting. There is also a guitar that will no doubt be welcome at the fire pit. There is a double fishing pond, lots of trees for shade and lovely flowers tucked into the ample greenery, here and there. Lots of fruit trees for a healthy dietary supplement. As well as bathrooms in the RVs, there are public facilities that will serve a minimum of 6 people at any given time. I settled for 8 Sims on the lot for the sake of people that might download. There are 3 families; a family for each of the 3 RVs. The whole caravan tribe does seem to love the park!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NO CC / MOO / DEBUG
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    nceVYO5.png
    ZgN5tJ5.png

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Please use hashtag #BnS81 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.

The deadline for this challenge is 8th November 2017
    Post edited by BuildnShare on October 27
    pronterus wrote: »
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LOT: Urban RV Park
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 72,000
    TOTAL COST: 75,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE

I LOVE Your wheels! I was finding the wheels to be a huge challenge. Also, my details are not as good, I spent 10500 just for the lot! (64X64)

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/yP3bl

Very Colorful and whimsical! Did I mention appropriate? It is, VERY!
    @Ainsleyf Haha what's the odds of picking the same name. That's hilarious! :D It must have chocked you when you saw my entry, haha, sorry! Oops, I didn't know we were supposed to skill our Sims, I uploaded the unplayed version. Rabbit hutch and chicken coop sounds so cute, can't wait to see your entry.

@JosieAnglin love how you created the hitches, clever! The sparse landscaping looks very nice and natural, love that too.
    @StangMix2 Your RV's are full of nifty little details, love how you have hubcaps and air conditioning!
    @pronterus wow, so creative with the floor tiles! Love all your little details everywhere and that living area is to die for. So cool!
    @FoundMarbles Yay, I'm happy you finally figured out what was wrong with your game - what was the problem?
    I can't believe how spacious your RV's look inside. Love your kitchen/living room combo's. And the RV night pics are awesome! And thanks for your thumbs up on my build :)

edited November 2017
    @Ainsleyf Haha what's the odds of picking the same name. That's hilarious! :D
    @FoundMarbles Yay, I'm happy you finally figured out what was wrong with your game - what was the problem?
    I can't believe how spacious your RV's look inside. Love your kitchen/living room combo's. And the RV night pics are awesome! And thanks for your thumbs up on my build :)

I spent all night fiddling with configuration settings! The Big new Windows 10 update played havoc with installed programs and apps. I also had to change a lot of the game option settings. It is a son-of-a-gun when the OS comes into conflict with games and one needs to do settings on both that match up! The game is still a little glitchy but I can at least work with it. For a few hours unknown items (the old debug) just went entirely absent! LOTS OF FUN!
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID:Ainsleyfr
    LOT: Bohemian Lodge
    LOT COST:2500.00
    BUILD COST:72406.00
    TOTAL COST: 74906.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Bohemian Lodge
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted it to be colorful and Bohemian but still look like a 'lodge'. I made Daya (mom) a card reader and set up her vardo as a place for her to work. I figured they'd want to hold extended family gatherings during the summer, so the lodge sleeps 8 and one toddler. The three vardos sleep 8 as well. I placed the build in Willow Creek on the Garden Essence lot (BFF) to keep Da close to his doctors.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: crG63CT.pngj3bU67e.png

SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID:Ainsleyfr
    HOUSEHOLD: Cooper
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: His Name is Gio
    ENTRY DETAILS: I made Gio a Romany young man even though the brief kinda hinted at Irish traveller (Da?) The brief made him sound so sad I made him gloomy, and family oriented and romantic with a soulmate aspiration. Thought he'd probably want that, being that he's so family oriented; a wife and a couple of children of his own...He has a level 6 fishing, level 5 handiness and a level 7 violin. All very useful skills at the lodge.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:mYr1XjF.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top