Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    edited September 2019
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    If I ever recover from this travel day (9hour flight, a 8 hour layover due to delays, 2 hour flight and then another two to three hours by different trains) I would like to do a bus station. Hope that is ok :)

Omg! That’s a lot of traveling!!! Hope it was worth it. :smile:
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    I'm going to attempt the drive-in movie theatre next.
    image.png
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    Hey @BuildnShare I will not be able to make the bakery. I'm not a strong builder and would definitely need as much time as possible but between it being my birthday weekend and me working 6 days next week I won't be able to make the deadline.... I really love this challenge and I will definitely participate in the next one
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    edited September 2019
    May I still apply for the 'Pet Park', or nah? If so, when do the submissions have to be in by?
  • sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2019
    CHALLENGE #128 - Whimsyville (Community Lot)
    FORUM ID: sgemm
    ORIGIN ID: sgemm
    LEVEL: First entry.
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Midtown Meadows
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/72BED0FAE1A911E98C99267D47C7ADE4?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=sgemm&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3000
    GALLERY COST: 111,920
    TOTAL COST: 114,920
    TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/ulh4uqM
    ENTRY DETAILS: Lakeview Fair was recently built for the people over a small lake in the city. It features a circus tent funhouse, game booths, and dining, as well as a dance floor and hedge maze. It's a fun community hangout, with an autumnal theme, hence why the pictures are taken in that season.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    PICTURES: 6003a50.png
    Post edited by sgemm on
  • sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    This is my first time entering a BnS- thank you! Also, I was wondering if anyone could let me know how to properly embed images. I can't seem to figure it out :/
    edited September 2019
    sgemm wrote: »
    This is my first time entering a BnS- thank you! Also, I was wondering if anyone could let me know how to properly embed images. I can't seem to figure it out :/

Since you're using Imgur, when you're looking at your album, tap the arrow in the upper right corner of yur screen shot. One of the options will be Get Share Links. Select that, then the Copy button by BBCode {Forums] and paste it into the messsage.

By the way, your fair is so pretty and creative!
    image.png
    I havent posted this to the gallery yet, i just want to make sure it's good.
    Kindergarten Room
    WCYEbCC.png
    1st Grade
    THi40mv.png
    2nd Grade
    tRvn4X4.png
    3rd Grade
    p1WoiIa.png
    4th Grade
    8mpj9gf.png
    5th Grade
    8mpj9gf.png
    6th Grade
    Yij256Z.png
    Eating Area
    cnEBT6D.png
    Middle
    vZVU2UH.png
    Roofing
    v2ipj4B.png
    HsPlZgP.png
    Its not that Whimsical, But I tried on the roofing. Maybe if I change The paneling.
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sorry.

Post edited by maryjane2joe on
    285JXDb.jpg
    CaleSims wrote: »
    Kindergarten Room
    WCYEbCC.png
    1st Grade
    THi40mv.png
    2nd Grade
    tRvn4X4.png
    3rd Grade
    p1WoiIa.png
    4th Grade
    8mpj9gf.png
    5th Grade
    8mpj9gf.png
    6th Grade
    Yij256Z.png
    Eating Area
    cnEBT6D.png
    Middle
    vZVU2UH.png
    Roofing
    v2ipj4B.png
    HsPlZgP.png
    Its not that Whimsical, But I tried on the roofing. Maybe if I change The paneling.

Looks good. I like the dark tables better than the light ones Maybe you could do some sort of pattern ont he floor usng diffeent colors?

And it's more whimsical than the drive-in movie theater I'm working on.
    image.png
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @sgemm What a lot of great ideas for stalls 😊 Love the autumnal theme with the pumpkin carving and the hedge maze.....you fit so much in!

@CaleSims how cute that each grade class is numbered! I think you are right colour could be the way to go, maybe a different colour for each grade? Could tie it in with SimTresa’s suggestion of a patterned floor

And totally on your wavelength @SimTresa, my theatre is also determinedly refusing to be whimsical 🤣🤣
    edited September 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #128 - Whimsyville (Community Lot
    )
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
    LEVEL:Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Civic Cliffs
    NEW LOT LINK: Newcrest Drive-In Theater
    LOT COST: 2,000
    GALLERY COST: 20,815
    TOTAL COST: 22,815
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/DDFeVw9
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    The Newcrest Drive-in Theater was established decades ago and has somehow maintaned its popularity into the modern age. It remains small and intimate to give the impression that getting in is special. Families come to treat their kids to amovie and get them out of the house in the summer. Teens like to hang out here with thier dates, though many are more interested in making out than actually watching the movies.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ntDYdaH.png
    image.png
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Taoron

ORIGIN ID: Taoron24121

LEVEL:

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: 'Whimsyville Library'

NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E02C4882E23B11E9874A7A1175479295

LOT COST: I built it on Avarice Acres and it fits lovely on a 40x30 lot. However, for the purposes of the Gallery and that it could be seen properly, and not from a side view, I uploaded it on Twin Oracle Point, which is 50x40. The former costing $3k. The latter costing $8.5k.

GALLERY COST: $315,640

TOTAL COST: Either $318,640 or $324,140

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/6jQssi5

ENTRY DETAILS:

Whimsyville Community Library: An Open Book

On the 1st Floor, you will find the Young Children's Reading/Play Areas, as well as Check-IN/Out Desks.

On the 2nd Floor are more Children's Reading Areas, with a theme. 'Reading Row' is made to look as a Street of house-like bookcases, with 'Soft Landing' mats for the road, grass, street signs and lamps. The Christmas Reading Room is Christmas all year long. There are also Male and Female Lavatories on this floor.

The 3rd Floor features Adult/Teen Reading Areas. Chess Tables, a Computer Lab and M/F Lavatories.

The 4th Floor contains standard Reading Rooms with cut-outs looking onto the 3rd Floor areas.

The Stairwell is in the 'Spine' with 'Down the Rabbit Hole' decor.

Art by: SimSationalToo, Babewire, AlJay2000 &JadeNchanted

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

37eQcga.png

1jWnM3B.png
    Awesome Fair Grounds @sgemm I love what you did with making the game areas/games of chance displays. Very creative.
    Very cute little Drive-Im @SimTresa Nice landscaping.
    @BuildnShare If the Bakery has not been claimed yet ( I did not see it as such on the main list) I think I may have the time to do it. I have an idea I started, that seems to be working out, in a whimsical way. It's going to take appoximately 234,547 cookies to do it, but as long as I don't get hungry for cookies in the next week and pass out from cookie overdose, I should be able to finish.
    Taoron wrote: »
    Awesome Fair Grounds @sgemm I love what you did with making the game areas/games of chance displays. Very creative.
    Very cute little Drive-Im @SimTresa Nice landscaping.

Thanks! And your library is very creative. I love the themed rooms and the rabbit hole stairwell.
    image.png
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2019
    CaleSims wrote: »
    Kindergarten Room
    WCYEbCC.png
    1st Grade
    THi40mv.png
    2nd Grade
    tRvn4X4.png
    3rd Grade
    p1WoiIa.png
    4th Grade
    8mpj9gf.png
    5th Grade
    8mpj9gf.png
    6th Grade
    Yij256Z.png
    Eating Area
    cnEBT6D.png
    Middle
    vZVU2UH.png
    Roofing
    v2ipj4B.png
    HsPlZgP.png

I think maybe a bit more fun in the coloring would be good for the build :D you are doing good so far!
    Post edited by iampes23 on
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2019
    Taoron wrote: »
    @BuildnShare If the Bakery has not been claimed yet ( I did not see it as such on the main list) I think I may have the time to do it. I have an idea I started, that seems to be working out, in a whimsical way. It's going to take appoximately 234,547 cookies to do it, but as long as I don't get hungry for cookies in the next week and pass out from cookie overdose, I should be able to finish.

OMG! Too funny! Your library is outstanding!

..Okay, I am awful at editing comments...sorry about the double post)

edited September 2019
    iampes23 wrote: »

OMG! Too funny! Your library is outstanding!

..Okay, I am awful at editing comments...sorry about the double post)

=) Thank you.

Thanks everyone for there suggestions. I’ll be sure to change them!
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member

> CHALLENGE #128: Whimsyville

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E868CB86E2C711E98B73303966EC7D90?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS128&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: BusStation BnS128
    BUILD COST: 13,229
    Build in Oakland Alcove, Newcrest

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/134740023@N04/albums/72157711116657858/with/48814931927/

DETAILS: This is the bus stop at Oak Alcove. Behind it we have a little playground for any impatient kids - I wonder how many of the missed their school bus already?
    I would have liked to upload the pictures on imgur, but for some reason that side isn't working for me right now. So flickr it is, which means the describtions are only visible when actually clicking on the picture :/ It's a bit of a bummer, I like it when they are actually in the slide show. Sorry about that...

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    48814779681_6a49004f48_k.jpg
    48814931927_144d3d3baa_k.jpg
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 15 Member
    Woah!! Such amazing works from everyone! I'm so impressed!! ;) A special shoutout to @wildflower1971 and her beautiful cathedral and @Taoron for the coolest library ever!
    edited September 2019
    Very cool Bus Station @Talea12345
    @matchmaker =) Thanks!
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Tranquil Crescent
    NEW LOT LINK: Beauty & The Barber
    LOT COST: $2500.00
    GALLERY COST: $234,890.00
    TOTAL COST:$237,390.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/h9eKyGB
    ENTRY DETAILS: This one was a challenge for me! I don't believe that I have ever created something whimsical before. So this is my attempt, lol! I chose to combine the Barber shop and the Beauty parlor, using bright pretty colors for the Beauty Parlor and kind of a cartoon theme for the barber shop.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC artwork was created by myself AlJay2000
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1ab7DiZ.png
    aRag2Ji.png
    Awesome job @AlJay That Barber's Pole is wonderful! And HUGE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top