Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Looks interesting! I have a couple of questions:
    1. You stated that we can't add more footprints, but can we remove some footprints?
    2. Can we do landscape outside the footprint, like adding trees, plants, etc.?

That's all I have and happy first challenge of 2016 too!
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    Looks interesting! I have a couple of questions:
    1. You stated that we can't add more footprints, but can we remove some footprints?
    2. Can we do landscape outside the footprint, like adding trees, plants, etc.?

That's all I have and happy first challenge of 2016 too!

@RyeCris16 - nope you cannot add to the footprint, it has to stay exactly the same. Of course you can landscape, I would be worried if you didn't ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    @steskens - welcome to Build n Share!! If you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask. We try and respond fairly quickly.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 34 We Have A Plan
    FORUM ID:lisa17ann
    ORIGIN ID:lisa17ann
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: GreyandWhite
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 21,950
    TOTAL COST: 24.950
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDEDSHOW: Here
    Link To Gallery: Here

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM:N/A if not entering)
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    bns1.jpg
    bns18.jpg
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    I have posted the above entry 4 times now. I am to scared to put pictures cause my whole message just disappears. Has anyone experienced this on the forum lately. :(
  • Options
    My messages and entry forms are just disappearing. This is very frustrating. Has anyone experienced this lately. :/:(
  • Options
    @BuildnShare my entry has disappeared again, I don't know what to do. :/
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 34 We Have A Plan
    FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LOT: Coastal Retreat
    LOT COST: 3 000 (The Lighthouse in Windenburg)
    BUILD COST: 122,000
    TOTAL COST: 125,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDEDSHOW: Here
    Link To Gallery:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, thanks.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc

This build was inspired by the beautiful neighbourhood of Windenburg. What I really love most of this build is, that you can hear the sea on "The Lighthouse" lot in Windenburg.

2%201_zpsfi6eklnk.jpg
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • Options
    Glad you got it sorted @Issabella14 When this happens, the best option is to just put a placeholder in as a post, then go in and edit it. Sorry, I wasn't around earlier, when you were experiencing difficulties.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    My messages and entry forms are just disappearing. This is very frustrating. Has anyone experienced this lately. :/:(
    I was devastated when this happened to me, it was the second post of my showcase containing all the pics of my builds. I discovered Photobucket was the problem so I now use Imgur and have had no problems so far :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Glad you got it sorted @Issabella14 When this happens, the best option is to just put a placeholder in as a post, then go in and edit it. Sorry, I wasn't around earlier, when you were experiencing difficulties.

No problem :)
    masajo wrote: »
    I was devastated when this happened to me, it was the second post of my showcase containing all the pics of my builds. I discovered Photobucket was the problem so I now use Imgur and have had no problems so far :)

Thanks for the information. I will definitely try Imgur :)
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    edited January 2016
    @issabella14, @masajo its not photobucket thats the problem its the type of image links being used
    You have to use the direct image link from any photo sharing program otherwise it conflicts with other links put in the posts. Then use the attach image button on your post.

Photobucket works fine if you select the direct link so will any other image hosting site if you use the right ones
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 35 We Have a Plan
    FORUM ID: LionessInMN
    ORIGIN ID: Nihlia
    LEVEL: Established? (Not sure really)
    LOT: Olivette https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4418C9A8B7E011E586E98896DEA325FB
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 121,961
    TOTAL COST: 124,961
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: (be sure to tell us about your inspiration object for this challenge)

SIM: Not entering
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: Not entering
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    1.%20Front%20view.png
    [3.%20back%20side.png
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Great entry's from everyone so far!

Cbear's way of posting has changed my Simming life lol since I started doing it they way she suggested I haven't had one problem and it was so frustrating when you spend all that time on a post and bam it wouldn't show up at all! Good luck everyone with your posts! :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    @issabella14, @masajo its not photobucket thats the problem its the type of image links being used
    You have to use the direct image link from any photo sharing program otherwise it conflicts with other links put in the posts. Then use the attach image button on your post.

Photobucket works fine if you select the direct link so will any other image hosting site if you use the right ones

Thanks @Cbear13, really appreciate your help :)
  • Options
    steskens wrote: »
    I see it finally worked! Lovely house! @Issabella14

Thanks @steskens :) Love your entry too <3
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Sadly, I won't have this problem when I post my entry since I can't post picture links yet, but I'm very happy to know that it can cause a problem if the picture isn't linked the right way. Wonderfully inventive house so far! It's fascinating that a single footprint can lead to so many different interpretations.
  • Options
    RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    I guess my entry will have to be an unofficial one, since I do not have a slideshow :( Hope you enjoy it though. Was a fun challenge!
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options
    AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    CHALLENGE #: 35 We Have a Plan
    FORUM ID: amycarolyn
    ORIGIN ID:amyckidwell
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: A Modern Surprise
    BUILD COST: 124,688
    TOTAL COST: 127,688
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - http://imgur.com/a/DZLbs
    ENTRY DETAILS: so for this challenge, the footprint posed a huge challenge due to the curved edges only being able have fences applied to them. I first tried a colonial type build, and it seems off center and it just didn't work well. I then got the inspiration to maybe go modern so that I could play with the edges a little more and what I didn't use as the house, I would try utilize in a cool way as an outdoor area. I chose some traditional aspects in the build like the stone accent and lush garden, to keep the modern look from being too harsh. I wanted to make sure it still seemed homey. On the inside I tried to use interesting colors because Ned and Edna seem real spontaneous considering they were letting their house be built in any way that the designer chose. I hope you enjoy my build!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

JztcLeI.png
    JQKZ74P.png
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE: #35 We Have A Plan
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Chequers
    BUILD COST: 121,821
    TOTAL COST: 124,821
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/DQSNG
    ENTRY DETAILS: Tudor exterior as this was built in Windenburg with varying interior designs as Ned and Edna seem to like any style. Spacious outdoor rooms including gazebo bar with dance floor, lounge, bbq patio and pool area, perfect for yoga.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/80D4A48EB96011E58812AB7062346E37?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

b4m2loC.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    I guess my entry will have to be an unofficial one, since I do not have a slideshow :( Hope you enjoy it though. Was a fun challenge!

@RivendellStar - you can always add a slideshow if you wish *hugs*

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @steskens !!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you, @steskens! I really appreciate your linking my slide show.
  • Options
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #34 - A Curtis New Year

The results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Well, now that I made it to Member, I tried to edit my original entry and that seems to have disappeared. My apologies if this shows up more than once.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 35 We Have A Plan!
    FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LOT: Casa Flanders
    LOT COST: §3,000
    BUILD COST: §121,935
    TOTAL COST: §124,935
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://issuu.com/scoiattolo/docs/bns35
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mid-century suburban style house suiting a couple who could have starred in a mid-century sitcom!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

Exterior1.png
    Post edited by StSciurus on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top