Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    jiyKE8j.png
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    @popettypop2012 love the build, great use of color and well chose theme!
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @AIRIS6962 & @WrathofCath Very cozy and festive home! :smiley: This also reminds me of my favorite holiday! :relaxed: Your choice of an inspirational object really reflects the theme very well! I hope the gurus will bring us more Christmas items in game, I know they won't have a digital pack prior to Get Together, but hopefully in few days after the release of the EP. *crossing fingers* ;)

@WrathofCath Yes, I have my BnS build too and it's done! I'm about to upload and submit it now! :) Oh snap! I shouldn't spoil the surprise, lol! :p

@Rykel You're very welcome and yes, I believed upgrades don't transfer. I see that someone requested in Build Mode Feedback thread that we're hoping for transferable upgrades in game, maybe someday! :)

@RivendellStar A steampunk theme is a very wonderful idea! Very gorgeous build! Love the roofing design and the inspirational object really reflect to the theme very well! :smiley: Regarding the slideshow, I also second Cath's idea. :) You might wanna provide a slideshow for this build! BnS is primarily judging through the slideshow, so I think she would judge with the photos that you provided.

@BreeMiles I mainly don't pay attention on works with CCs, but your cottage looks so cozy, dear! :relaxed: Very pretty landscaping and charming interior too! I especially like the study area, love the clutters! :smiley:

@popettypop2012 Nice entry! The sunflower theme looks beautiful! I like that cozy and charming feel! :)

Best of lucks to each of you! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited November 2015
    YAY! It's finally finished and uploaded! :smiley: Hope It's not too late for me to submit! :)

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 31 - Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: RyeCris16
    ORIGIN ID: RyeCris16
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Little Blue Queens
    LOT COST: §2,000
    BUILD COST: §82,293 (§87,225 is the real price as the game didn't count the paintings and children's drawings)
    TOTAL COST: §89,225 (Placed on Rindle Rose in Willow Creek)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Photobucket Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: I used the Dear Old Grandfather Clock as the inspirational object, and decided to build a Victorian styled cottage with some antique feel. I also decided to make it blue, because many builders are using blue color in their builds, haha! ;) This home has two bedrooms and one bathroom, perfect for a family. Everything in here has no electricity, except the old radio and the lightning. There's a fireplace if you're looking for a cozy feel.

SIM: N/A
    ROOM: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please! :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: #nocc, but I wanted to give credit to Anfideya for the custom paintings that I used in this build. Please note that paintings are Sim-made so these are 100% not a CC. :)

01_zpsprtxtvbh.png
    06_zpsvdilz4xk.png

EDIT: Link edited! I didn't realized I linked to the library instead of a slideshow yikes! :scream:
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    So lovely and cozy, @RyeCris16 !! I see that Old Grandfather Clock was calling for most of all !! LOL <3
  • RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    @RyeCris16 Thanks :)
    jiyKE8j.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Loving all the entries so far! Looks like this one really sparked your creativity. Remember this challenge closes tonight.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    And challenge #31 is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2015
    #32 - A Patchwork Family

You pull up to Central Park, scanning the expanse of green grass for your next client. Crossing the footbridge over the pond, you see a tanned handsome man jogging toward you, his face split in an easy smile. “Hi! I'm Miguel Salvador. I recognized you from the article in the Sunset Gazette about the new orphanage.” He shakes your hand warmly.

“It's so nice to meet you, Mr. Salvador,” you say.

“Please, call me Miguel. Let me introduce you to my family.” He leads you across the field to a red and white gingham picnic blanket spread beneath an enormous shade tree. A beautiful mocha-skinned woman with short, tight curls sits crossed-legged, her very pregnant belly covered in a pool of flowing bohemian fabrics. Twin Asian toddlers sit with her, busily playing with a xylophone and peg blocks, their cherubic faces furrowed intently beneath their pig tails. “This is my wife, Serena, and two of our children, Lihua and Liling.” Serena extends her hand up to you, metal bracelets jangling as they slide up her slender arm.

“It's wonderful to meet you,” you say, shaking Serena's hand. “Your family is beautiful!”

“Oh, the twins are not our only children,” Serena says with a chuckle. “Our eldest son, Nketi, is over there playing frisbee with our younger son, Tuyen.” Her voice drops to a low whisper, “Our other daughter, Aleela, is hiding behind this tree. She's shy.” Two dark eyes peep out from behind the tree, catch your gaze, and then disappear. Serena pats her belly gently. “And last but not least, we have Maya here, who should be making her debut in a few more weeks.”

“Incredible,” you breathe.

Miguel motions for you to have a seat and then sits beside Serena, looping an arm over her shoulders. “Serena and I have a special place in our hearts for kids in the system. We were both in the foster system and aged out before we could be adopted. So we've made it our mission to bring as many kids into our home as we can handle. Which is why we need your help. We are currently living in a tiny apartment with five children. With a sixth on the way, we're really bursting at the seams.”

“I bet! What do you need in your new home?”

“We need three or four bedrooms plus a nursery, and at least two and a half bathrooms,” Miguel says. “I teach middle school at the Community School for the Gifted and have lots of papers to grade, so I need some sort of office space. If it could double as study space for the kids, too, that would be great.”

“Meal times are hectic, so we'd love a large, open kitchen with plenty of prep space and enough places for everyone to have a seat at the table,” Serena adds. “We generate an enormous amount of laundry, so a laundry or mudroom is a must. The kids also need some decent green space to play in. There is nowhere for them to play at the apartment complex, which is why we're at the park today.”

“Okay, that all sounds feasible,” you say. “Is there anything else you need?”

Miguel touches the bangles on Serena's arm. “Serena makes jewelry and sells it at the consignment store. She also likes to paint and teaches youth art camp at the Sunset Institute of Modern Art, so some sort of art space would be good for her.”

“What style of home did you have in mind?” you ask.

“We like contemporary and prairie style homes, but casual and family friendly rather than cold and museum-like,” Serena says. “Our family is a patchwork of different ethnicities. Nketi is from Kenya, Aleela is from Zambia, Tuyen is Vietnamese, the twins came from China, and Miguel is Puerto Rican. I'd love for the interior of the home to have things that remind each child of their own heritage. We like a warm color palette – reds, oranges, and yellows – but it shouldn't be garish. Does that make sense?”

“Absolutely! We can have your home finished by the end of the month. Will that work?”

Serena puts a loving hand on her belly and says with a smile, “Just in time.”

The Brief:

*30x40 lot
    *3-4 bedrooms, plus a nursery (the home should have 3 cribs for the twins and the new baby)
    *at least 2 ½ bathrooms
    *laundry/mudroom
    *large open kitchen
    *warm color palette
    *contemporary or prairie style home
    *comfortable, casual interior
    *items that honor the family's varied heritage
    *office/study space
    *art space
    *a green space for the kids to play in
    *$110K budget

Sim Challenge:

Make the family and show them living in their new space. Miguel is a teacher who is family oriented, self-assured, and outgoing. Serena is family oriented, artistic, and a perfectionist. Nketi is a clumsy child who loves to read. Aleela is a shy child who loves the outdoors. Tuyen is a perfectionist child who is over-emotional. The twins look identical but are very different. Lihua is a budding music lover, while her sister, Liling, is athletic. Maya's traits remain to be seen.

Edit: You can make Liling and Maya as children or babies as there are no toddlers in Sims 4.

Room Challenge
    Create the children's outdoor space, you have a budget of $25k. You will have to do this on a foundation to ensure that it can be uploaded to the gallery.

The closing date for this challenge is the 9th of December 2015
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Thanks @RyeCris16, I usely don't upload any lots with CC in them this was my first. I really love making it tho.. I have tons iv'e made on my Blog..... Hugs dear and Thanks again.. Headed to check out more of the next Challenge.... Happy Thanksgiving everyone...
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrates:)

@BuildnShare the new challenge sound like so much fun. And challenging. So many children!
    Attention Expert entrants for #BnS28 - your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Attention Expert entrants for #BnS29 - your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    CHALLENGE #: 30 Ryunotens - Attorneys at Home
    FORUM ID: AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Great Expectations
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 97,738
    TOTAL COST: 99,738
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://picasaweb.google.com/100834899276394815320/GreatExpectations
    ENTRY DETAILS: Furnished and decorated in a modern style, this home has the master bedroom and the nursery on the first floor. The kitchen is open to the formal dining room and has a breakfast area. By this, in the anexed part ( that was a garage in old times ) you can find the work out area. The living room is the central part of this floor, with a fireplace. Upstairs there are 2 almost identical kids bedrooms, one bathroom and a large playroom, when kids and adults can enjoy inside home, playing, using computers or improving their skills.
    The backyard has a playground, a BBQ area to cook and eat and a pool/swimmable pond.

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/121EFE07887A11E58665667ED587A846?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Airis6962&max=50&maxis=false

00.jpg

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc.

@AIRIS6962 - sweetie, we are finally working on getting the results up for this challenge, but the link to your slideshow is not working. Can you amend it, please?

GArBA5W.jpg
    CHALLENGE #: 30 Ryunotens - Attorneys at Home
    FORUM ID: AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LOT: Great Expectations
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 97,738
    TOTAL COST: 99,738
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://picasaweb.google.com/100834899276394815320/GreatExpectations
    ENTRY DETAILS: Furnished and decorated in a modern style, this home has the master bedroom and the nursery on the first floor. The kitchen is open to the formal dining room and has a breakfast area. By this, in the anexed part ( that was a garage in old times ) you can find the work out area. The living room is the central part of this floor, with a fireplace. Upstairs there are 2 almost identical kids bedrooms, one bathroom and a large playroom, when kids and adults can enjoy inside home, playing, using computers or improving their skills.
    The backyard has a playground, a BBQ area to cook and eat and a pool/swimmable pond.

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/121EFE07887A11E58665667ED587A846?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Airis6962&max=50&maxis=false

00.jpg

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc.

@AIRIS6962 - sweetie, we are finally working on getting the results up for this challenge, but the link to your slideshow is not working. Can you amend it, please?

Thank you for letting me to know !! Here you are the correct link to album/showcase:

https://picasaweb.google.com/100834899276394815320/GreatExpectations?authkey=Gv1sRgCL-8jNuHg9LpRw

Thank you for letting me to know !! Here you are the correct link to album/showcase:

https://picasaweb.google.com/100834899276394815320/GreatExpectations?authkey=Gv1sRgCL-8jNuHg9LpRw

You are welcome sweetie!!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @BuildnShare i'm just confused about how to make the Asian twins Lihua and Liling for the Patchwork Challenge when there are no toddlers in Sims4. Can I just show them as children or should I omit them from my family? Thanks:)
  • Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    @RyeCris16 nice work - I love the blue colour scheme which you applied so well throughout and also really like the shelves in the kitchen!
    @BuildnShare i'm just confused about how to make the Asian twins Lihua and Liling for the Patchwork Challenge when there are no toddlers in Sims4. Can I just show them as children or should I omit them from my family? Thanks:)

Apologies @popettypop2012 - this is a reworked Sims 3 challenge. Your choice, you can make them as children or babies :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Attention Expert Entrants for #BnS30, your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #BnS31 - your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,998 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 32 - A Patchwork Family
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962

LOT: The Beeches
    LOT COST: 2000
    BUILD COST: 107,572
    TOTAL COST: 109,572
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/ph9o3
    ENTRY DETAILS: A contemporary prairie style home, comfortable, cosy and family friendly. Three bedrooms comprising master, single girls and double boys plus nursery for three, all including items that remind the children of their heritage.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2F9933949DF111E587B867DEF2F8FAF8?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

cttx6ug.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Apologies for the delay, #BnS32 is now officially closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2017
    #33 - Coy Christmas Comes Home

You glance down at your appointment calendar, shaking your head in puzzlement. "Rose, can you come in here a sec?" you call through the open door.

Rose pokes her head into your office, looking at you quizzically.

"What's this appointment notation for later today? Coy Christmas? Is that some kind of statement about how you're feeling about the holiday season this year?"

Rose laughs. Actually, snorts, is more like it. Kind of a combination of a snort and a giggle. A sniggle, perhaps? "Nope," she says, finally gaining control of her giggles. That's your new client. First name, Coy. Last name, Christmas.

"Oh." you say in a serious tone, then shake your head. "Bless his heart."

"No doubt," Rose sniggles some more. "I'll never know how he made it through junior high alive with a name like that."

"You just stop it," you say sternly. As sternly as you can muster anyway, trying to hide your own grin. "Please send him in as soon as he gets here."

"Aye, aye, Boss," she says with a jaunty salute and backs out of the office still smiling.

Forty-five minutes later, she ushers in Mr. Christmas himself. You aren't sure what you were expecting. Someone older for sure. And... jollier. Coy Christmas is young. Not to mention, the very definition of tall, dark and handsome. Composing yourself, you shake hands in introduction and motion for him to take a seat. "I understand you're returning to the area after being away for awhile?" you prompt after the usual small talk.

"Yes, ma'am," Coy affirms in his decidedly sexy drawl. "MeMa, that's what we call my grandma, she's finally had to go into a retirement home over in Newcrest. I'm moving into her old place to fix it up to sell. I might even end up living there myself if turns out the way I hope it does. The old place has good bones. It just needs to be brought into this decade," he says with a chuckle.

"Well, that doesn't exactly sound like our usual kind of project," you say hesitantly. "I'm not sure exactly how we can help you."

"I was a contractor back in Sunset Valley," Coy explains. But I'm not licensed in this area yet. I'd like to hire you as project manager. I need you to hook me up with the best tradespeople in the area to get this job done right. I can save money on the project by doing some of the work myself, and I'll pay you a commission on the final sale."

You nod, starting to see where he is going with this arrangement. "That actually works out nicely for this timeframe," you agree. "With the holidays coming up, a nice, small project may be just perfect for us."

Challenge Brief:
    The decor should be updated and tasteful but not too modern for Coy's taste.
    Pick any "Low Income" (30,000 or less) home from any world to remodel.
    You have the starting value of the home +30,000 to complete the remodel.
    You can keep/delete/replace any furnishings and fixtures.
    Money from deleted items CAN be used for the new decor.
    You can add to the existing footprint of the house or rearrange the interior walls as you'd like.
    Roof, windows, doors, etc. can be moved, changed and/or replaced as you'd like.
    The finished home should be 2 bedroom, 2 bath.

Sim Challenge:
    Create Coy Christmas and show him working at various stages in the remodel.

Room Challenge:
    Decorate Coy's new living room for the holidays. You'll have an additional $2000 for the living room budget if you enter this optional challenge.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top