Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    misscbong wrote: »
    Another quick question: does each space have to house up to 5 people including a baby, or just all of the spaces combined?
    @misscbong‌ - Each apartment should be able to hold a family of up to five, including the possibility of a baby, so five beds plus a crib need to be able to fit in each space, a tough one I know ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @Buildnshare - 5 beds, or five people? Could we place double beds, assuming parents could share a bed? Thanks!
    (sorry for so many questions, lol!)
    edited December 2014
    misscbong wrote: »
    @Buildnshare - 5 beds, or five people? Could we place double beds, assuming parents could share a bed? Thanks!
    (sorry for so many questions, lol!)
    @misscbong‌ - 5 people :blush: and don't worry about the questions ;)
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited January 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:9 - A Very Merry Christmas 2
    FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14 or Smeagle14 (origin is not showing correctly)
    LEVEL: Starter
    LOT: Casa da Esperança (House of Hope)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge 8/Challenge 9
    TOTAL COST: $452 187

ENTRY DETAILS: Mr and Mrs C was so please when they entered Casa da Esperança, they could not wait to call the families that was waiting patiently for the go a head to move in. When they arrived I saw the joy in their eyes and I could not stop the tears. I hugged Mr and Mrs C with much appreciation and went home to my family with a fulfilled contentment and love.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: I really used quite a bit :), here is the list:
    FURNITURE:
    christmas morning sofa
    longford bookshelf
    living acacia coffee table
    lemingstone wall sticker bedroom
    croco sofa
    kinlet table pictures
    Mediterranean vase
    **DEBUG**
    size sensitive sofa
    jade cojines sofa pillows
    shabby chic used shabby bedroom wicker trunk
    enhanced dining room christmas tree set
    sv chalet lining fireplace
    elegance dinning room chairs
    holiday garland
    bunk bed (decor) puzzle it
    single bed puzzle it and desk
    hotel folded bath towels
    joliette desk chair
    sv kidsroom baby sheep toybox
    sea foam shelves
    shea beds
    outdoor project hammocks
    towel 2 deco lemingstone
    practical storage coffee table s4
    lewis patio dinning chair no arms

LIGHTS:
    long john buttercup chandelier
    mediteranean lamp table 2
    ceiling light lemingstone

PAINTINGS:
    chrismas morning sticker
    lemingstone painting bedroom
    wall deco sensation
    finding nemo wall decals

PLUMBING:
    Simlifefou - bath love tub with shower recolor

PLANTS:
    ivy pot small
    plant lemingstone
    living acacia floor plant
    box of flowers
    sea foam plant
    large pot of flowers
    small wild ivy

RUGS:
    durkie christmas rug set
    ceebee too rug set
    silhoutten de natur rug set
    contempory rug set
    shabby chick used shabby bedroom rug
    sea foam rug set
    ap oriental circular rug set
    happy family rug
    ap traditional person rug 2

WALLS:
    Ivy on brick right and left
    weathered brick 03
    marble marvel
    stucco'n you
    bath house blues
    wood 05_2
    basic standard with white trim and tile

FLOOR:
    whole lotta terrocotta large format tile
    sen4 floor wood1.3
    setting sun terrocotta pavers
    ardoise plomb 2
    rustic tile flooring
    shabby chick bedroom floor 2
    acceptable floor tile
    edwardian tile

1_zps740e9dd0.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY
    Post edited by Issabella14 on

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Wishing everyone a wonderful 2015!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    edited January 2015
    Happy New Year!! I love your house Issabella14 :)
    adniram00 wrote: »
    Happy New Year!! I love your house Issabella14 :)

Thank you adniram00 :)
    Good Morning :) So I tried posting my entry just now but I can't post links yet. Anyone know a way around this? Thanks :)
    Hey @adniram00‌ - if you take the "https" off the first part of the link, you can still paste the rest of the link ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 9

FORUM ID: adniram00

ORIGIN ID: adniram007

LEVEL: Starting out

LOT: Yonder's Hem #BuildnShare #BuildnShare9

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ://plus.google.com/photos/110968647000204449100/albums/6100385952776875729?authkey=COWZhqSmiKvTFg

ENTRY DETAILS: Mr. & Mrs C would be here shortly and I am just putting the finishing touches on. I sure hope they like this project it's my biggest undertaking. Honk! Oh they're here! As I straighten the last frame I say to myself, here goes everything. Hello Mr.C how are you today? So what do you think of the place? Oh its beautiful and just what we need. These families have been living cooped up for far too long. Tell me is there an emergency shelter for anyone who may be in dire straights? Oh yes second level of the entertainment house. Good, cause you know the need is alway present. I do appreciate all you have done here and look forward to our continued collaboration in helping others. All is well, the families show up and we have food, drinks and talk about the bright future........breaks character. Okay, so this house is full of firsts for me. I knew nothing of the camera really, figured out the keys and read the tips. Biggest house I have built since sims 2 really. I took a load of photos from whatever angle I could see. I might have went overboard, sorry :) Anyway, just wanted to say a little background about Yonder's Hem. Oh, and thanks for everyone who helped. Enjoy

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please by all means necessary bring on the comments :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    Very nice entry Marinda :)
    Thanks a bunch :D
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited January 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 9 A Very Merry Christmas Part 2
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Comtemporary Heights

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/Christmas Part 2
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/Christmas Part 2

ENTRY DETAILS: Three self contained apartment style spaces for families up to 5 plus baby (the third built above the adults recreation centre). I chose to separate the kids from the adults recreations but kept them in close proximity (both easily converted into a further apartment if needed). Kids play area outside with pools, bbq and patio areas and a communal veg plot. I chose a modern style for the complex, all enclosed for privacy.

SIM: n/a
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering)
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: n/a
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering)
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please, I learn a lot from criticism, very valuable
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7167694A951B11E487788C3E01997734

Picture2_zps6d4d3e76.jpg
    Post edited by masajo on
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited January 2015
    01001_zps34952a67.png

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 9 A Very Merry Christmas Part 2
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: St. Dympna Family Center

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/slideshow/S4 9 A Very Merry Christmas Part 2

ENTRY DETAILS: St. Dympna Family Center has become a favorite hangout for Sim families.Built in a Spanish architectural style to blend into the community. With daily arts & crafts and music lessons, a neighborhood playground, swimming pool, community garden and family BBQ area. The reading room features a cozy fireplace and comfortable seating. Step down into the activities room where you can take lessons in clay sculpting, painting, piano, violin, guitar or chess. Central seating allows for guests to sit and observe. In the event of an emergency these rooms can be used as emergency shelter with access to 2 public bathrooms complete with showers. On the 2nd floor landing is a computer area for writing lessons, research or writing resumes. Outside the family can enjoy BBQing, the playground, pool or community garden. Swimming lessons are available on Saturdays and Sundays, weather permitting. The Center features 3 apartments for temporary housing of families up to 5.5 members. This allows the family time to get back on their feet and learn new skills. All of the apartments have identical layouts and similar furnishings, so none of the families feel slighted.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    Your Family Center is beautiful, gmcrozier, I really love your entrance :). Masajo, yours is so modern and open, it is really beautiful too. :)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Your Family Center is beautiful, gmcrozier, I really love your entrance :). Masajo, yours is so modern and open, it is really beautiful too. :)

Thank you Issabelle14
    Thank you very much Issabella, very kind of you to say. Great work on Casa da Esperanca, beautiful Spanish style build :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @masajo love your house, particularly the courtyard. The way you placed the lights was clever too :)
    @gmcrozier You house is awesome. Reminds me of a house you might see a crime boss live in. Very cool :)
    Morning all, it's that time again, challenge #9 is now officially closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2015
    Challenge #10 - A Mediterranean Lifestyle

Settling down in your visitors area with a cup of coffee and your portfolio, you feel proud of all you have accomplished in such a short time. Flicking through the pages you spy gorgeous colonial architecture, elegant Victorian spires, industrial chic, an interesting take on penthouse living and of course your very own custom built office. But what what challenge is going to come next?

After ten minutes, your coffee cup is drained and you are sat back at your desk awaiting your next client. Rose knocks on your door and shows her in, wait, that’s Judy Olsen. What is she doing back so soon?

You cross to the door and take her hand, “Judy, it’s lovely to see you again, is everything OK with the apartments we built for your and Don’s parents?”

“Oh yes, they are all so thrilled to have their own space, yet still be so close at hand. There have been some tense times, but things all seem to be settling down now, which is why I’m here.”

She takes a seat as Rose reappears with a tray of coffee and some tiny little caramel tartlets. Judy takes one look at the tray and laughs! “Oh my! How perfect!” She exclaims.

Intrigued, you arch your brows at her, inviting her to elaborate.

“Well, Don and I were thinking we could both do with losing a little weight, you know after all that holiday overindulgence!”

Thinking of all those extra calories you consumed over the period, you nod encouragingly.

“We want to start our own little gym! A place for people with like minds to gather, work out and chat. And we want you to build it for us.”

“We’ll need some space for classes, a weights room, an area devoted to cardio and of course some changing rooms and showers. We were also thinking about having a separate little juice bar come café for those who want to try and live a healthier lifestyle, but aren't quite ready to take that step into the gym. What do you think?”

“I think it sounds wonderful and I am sure that you will be inundated with members. Did you have any thoughts on styles, colours and so on?”

“Well, we don’t want a modern space, too many gyms look so intimidating and perfect that people can be a little hesitant to even step foot inside. We just got back from Monte Vista, Don’s parents got engaged there and we were hoping you could try that Mediterranean style?”

This could be a bit of a challenge, you think to yourself. But you also think that it would perfectly suit the brief, so you nod and ask, “What about a budget?”

“Well, how does $175,000 sound?”

“Like you will have the most tricked out charming gym in Willow Creek! We’ll get started on it immediately, I think we should be able to get it completed in two weeks for you, OK?”

“Perfect, now let me eat one of these charming little tartlets, Don doesn't need to know does he?” She says with a wink.

The Brief

A Mediterranean style build with two separate buildings, on a 40x30 plot. The larger of the two is to be a comfortable gym, the smaller a café/juice bar.

The gym needs to include space for classes, a weights room, an area devoted to cardio and men's and women’s changing rooms and showers. It will need a reception area and an office for all the paper work.

The café/juice bar needs to have a bar, tables and chairs, an office and a food preparation area. It will also need it’s own toilet facilities (bear in mind that this is a food preparation area and as such you will need two doors separating the main area from any WC).

Your budget is $175,000.

Room Challenge:
    We want to see a space decked out for a work-out class. Your budget is $25,000.

Sim Challenge:
    We would like to see Don and Judy (you can find out all about Don and Judy here) in their newly created space and other Sims enjoying the gym and café, these can be Sims you have created or Sims already present in the game. We will need a picture of each area in use.

Hashtags used for this challenge
    #BuildnShare and #BuildnShare10

The Deadline for this challenge is Wednesday, 21st January, Midnight CMT.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    adniram00 wrote: »
    @masajo love your house, particularly the courtyard. The way you placed the lights was clever too :)
    @adniram00 thank you so much for your lovely words, very encouraging :)

Great new challenge here @BuildnShare looking forward to getting started :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    This may be obvious but what does WC stand for?
  • DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member
    "(bear in mind that this is a food preparation area and as such you will need two doors separating the main area from any WC)." - what does WC mean?
    Water Closet, in other words toilet :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top