Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Great challenge @BuildnShare. Any news on challenge #20 :)
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Ok this looks challenging.

So I get it right in my head, I just want to confirm I have this right:
    Lot 1 you have to use 4 containers that are 4x10 squares
    Lot 2 you have to use 5 containers that are 4x10 squares
    Lot 3 you have to use 6 containers that are 4x10 squares.

And they can be arranged however you like?
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Hmm Something new to try. I'm in :)
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    I'm so looking forward to getting started.

Just one question for the Lot 3. From memory I don't think there is a 60 x 60 but I think there is a 50 x 40 so should this size be used instead?
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    kezflake wrote: »
    I'm so looking forward to getting started.

Just one question for the Lot 3. From memory I don't think there is a 60 x 60 but I think there is a 50 x 40 so should this size be used instead?
    Yeah we noticed that too, haven't made a formal decision yet, but I think 50x40 will indeed be the choice ;)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    EEK ! I want on the forums when you did the 1st container challenge, any tips ?
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Lot 2:
    5 – 4×10 shipping containers
    Lot size 40×40
    Budget: 75k
    Style: Chalet
    Interior Design: Rustic

Either I am staring at it and not seeing it or there is no 40x40 lot. The issue with Lot 3 has been resolved...is Lot 2 a 40x30, 30x30 or is there is 40x40 that I am missing> lol :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Ok, I have updated the challenge briefs with the correct lot sizes. Apologies, this went up as I was getting ready to go to work :blush:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    kamb1403 wrote: »

You hit the nail on the head there @kamb1403 - that is exactly what we are looking for :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    Hey @Liziann1 - here is the link to the original challenge.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS TO CHALLENGE #20 - OASIS VALLEY ORPHANS

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    kamb1403 wrote: »

You hit the nail on the head there @kamb1403 - that is exactly what we are looking for :)

Thank you @BuildnShare. I am going to try this challenge and see how I go :)
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    What was the first reuse and recycle challenge number? I would like to get an idea of what the shipping container part is about.
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited June 2015
    So how are you going to judge this? Are they going to be judged as a whole or will each lot be judged separately?

And what is a shed house?
    What was the first reuse and recycle challenge number? I would like to get an idea of what the shipping container part is about.
    @TwtyBrd0707 Here is the link to the original challenge.
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    So how are you going to judge this? Are they going to be judged as a whole or will each lot be judged separately?

And what is a shed house?
    @gmcrozier They will be judged as a whole, as for the shed house, try this .
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @BuildnShare thank you. I had already done a google search, but it was coming up with modern builds and renovated barns to actual sheds converted into homes. I believe I have an idea of what you are asking for.
    "A sub-style of Contemporary-Modern design, Shed homes were particular favorites of architects in the 1960s and 1970s. They feature multiple single-plane roofs, often sloping in different directions, creating unique geometric shapes. Wood shingles or vertical board siding typically covers the exterior, and front doorways are recessed and downplayed. Large windows are arranged for views to the outside."
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    edited June 2015
    @gmcrozier I wasn't too sure either and I was getting a lot of sheds converted into homes when searching, especially on Pintrest. So I thought of searching for 'what defines shed architecture' and eventually came across this link dnr.alaska.gov/parks/oha/styleguide/shed.htm The Primary and Secondary info boxes may be useful.
    kezflake wrote: »
    @gmcrozier I wasn't too sure either and I was getting a lot of sheds converted into homes when searching, especially on Pintrest. Then I thought of searching for 'what defines shed architecture' and eventually came across this link dnr.alaska.gov/parks/oha/styleguide/shed.htm I think the Primary and Secondary info boxes look will come in useful.
    Thanks for adding that @kezflake :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    @Ash072 - your winning build has been showcased on our front page! Congrats :sunglasses:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    Hey @Liziann1 - here is the link to the original challenge.

Hope this helps you too x

Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

Thanks yall.
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @Ash072 - your winning build has been showcased on our front page! Congrats :sunglasses:
    Wow! Thanks! Where can I find the link?

5sXtTqH.png
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited July 2015
    CHALLENGE #: 22
    FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT NAME: Cosy Cottage
    LOT COST: $2 000
    BUILD COST:$48 006
    TOTAL COST: $50 006
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge 22/Cosy Cottage
    GALLERY LINK:http://www.thesims.com/gallery/BBFDB3301DCE11E58CC3CC101EAF30BB
    ENTRY DETAILS: Part 1 - 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, English style cottage with cottage interior design
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    2%209_zpsqcavxrw0.jpg
    LOT NAME: Into The Woods
    LOT COST: $2 000
    BUILD COST:$72 976
    TOTAL COST: $74 976
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge 22/Into The Woods
    GALLERY LINK: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/D6F1B9D31F4411E58F47B9E979FABC54
    ENTRY DETAILS: Part 2 - 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, Modern Chalet with rustic interior design.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    2%201_zps8kbc1tt0.jpg
    LOT NAME: Retro Glam
    LOT COST: $10 000
    BUILD COST: $89 993
    TOTAL COST: $99 993
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge 22/Retro Glam
    GALLERY LINK: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/F51992D81F5611E58635064E3E752181
    ENTRY DETAILS: Part 3 - 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, retro modern shed house with glam interior design.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    2%2046_zps2esulkeq.jpg
    SIM: NA
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS:NA

ROOM:N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None, cheats used MOO, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.showhiddenobjects
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
    I have a question... Can I delete inner walls of the containers once I have placed them? For example if I put 2 side by side, can I delete the connecting wall between them?
    I have a question... Can I delete inner walls of the containers once I have placed them? For example if I put 2 side by side, can I delete the connecting wall between them?
    Yep, that is fine :)

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top