Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited May 2017
    @BuildnShare EDIT: I read the ECO Rules and the lot is supposed to be wiped clean. Along with no walls, fences, roofing- are we also not allowed any decking or flooring as well? Again, I assume so but thought I'd ask just to be sure. Thanks!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @BuildnShare EDIT: I read the ECO Rules and the lot is supposed to be wiped clean. Along with no walls, fences, roofing- are we also not allowed any decking or flooring as well? Again, I assume so but thought I'd ask just to be sure. Thanks!
    No foundations, but, I guess you could use flooring if you want, but that's one way to eat up that $10,000 budget.....

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Loving this challenge! I've all ready started working on the space
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Fantastic challenge!! Can't wait to get home from work and start this (not that I'm skiving off or anything ;) )
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @BuildnShare @FaithofKaela When I created my campsite for the challenge I used the free floor as a base then used floor covering to make it look more 'natural'. Also easier to move the entire campsite or even save it as a room. :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @BuildnShare @FaithofKaela When I created my campsite for the challenge I used the free floor as a base then used floor covering to make it look more 'natural'. Also easier to move the entire campsite or even save it as a room. :)
    Thanks for the tips @EuphorialQueen!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

I can't believe it! I'm broke already. That is one big lot to deal with!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@BuildnShare Can Mr. Glen have any tables? How do I separate him from his cell phone? The budget does not include the land, right? I was already purchased by Mr. Glenn, correct?
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2017
    @FoundMarbles - you cannot physically separate Mr Glenn. from his cell phone, but if you are doing the gameplay challenge, do not let him call anyone to chat, or invite anyone over to his lot, also no services can be called. Of course he can have some tables. And you have the full $10,000 to spend as you wish, as yes, he already bought the land.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @BuildnShare It's been awhile lovie but I'm up to sitting up again and I thought I'd poke in for this one. CC or No? I can't remember *shame*
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    @PersRealmsShadow you can use CC as long as you link them(:
    edited May 2017
    @WiggleyTuff lol Yay! >:) I had a wicked idea for my matthew but I needed one of pbox's CCs ;) will link!
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    #BnS70 - EcoExistence

Sim Challenge: For the Sim challenge, please create Matthew, with any traits and aspiration you wish, and play through stage one of EQ’s gameplay challenge. You cannot travel to any other region or area in Willow Creek. Remember stage one ends when you reach $50,000 in reserve and have one skill at level 10. There is no electricity, so no computers, no phones, no stereos. We would love to see what he gets up to in your games!

o.o her Challenge also wants you to finish an Aspiration for part one.. I'm just not sure how that's possible without leaving his area :( I can't figure out a single aspiration that I can do that with. Are we skipping that part?
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Hi @persrealmsshadow...if you read the instructions on the EcoExistence challenge thread, it specifies that you can't travel. You can run around the neighborhood, you just can't go anywhere where you'd need a phone or to go into map mode. So you CAN leave the actual lot, you just can't 'travel'. @BnS70 please correct me if I'm wrong on this.
    @Ainsleyf Yea I know, and I have, but you can't hit 20 fish in that area, no art gallery (so kills painting/fishing) no writing (pbox's notebook mod doesn't work :( I was gonna make him a hermit writer XD) so I am wracking my brain trying to figure out which Aspiration you -can- do (besides maybe mansion baron but ye GODS that's alot of plants XD) also I'm not sure you can find the cowplant seed? (maybe you can I have crappy luck LOL haven't seen one while doing the fishing aspiration and I got that one to 16/20 feeshes lol. If it's in that River someone let me know I'll go fish my little heart out and finish the gardener aspiration (which I've also got to last stage LOL)
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    I've made mine an angler and popped a buydebug fish pond on the lot ;) For the gardener aspiration, you can get cow plant seeds while fishing, but I think it's down to luck....
    edited May 2017
    Wondering how to choose an Aspiration to actually complete for Stage One of the Eco Existence gameplay Challenge?
    Added suggestions to page one of that challenge.

Cell phones @Ainsleyf is correct. Sims autonomously use their phones at random. When my Sims do that I send them Jogging or Cloud gazing while I figure out what needs doing next.
    Cowplants are caught while fishing or created while grafting.
    • Strawberry + Snapdragon = Dragonfruit
    • Dragonfruit + Snapdragon = Cowplant Berry
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    @BuildnShare Can you have a swimming pool or is that not in the spirit of the challenge? I made a little rock pool for landscaping before I actually had a look at the eco existence challenge, it doesn't say 'no pools' but it doesn't say 'yes pools' either so I'm a bit unsure now.
    @EuphorialQueen *toddles off to graft her snapdragon and strawberries >.>*
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    edited May 2017
    CHALLENGE #: 70 - EcoExistance
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Oakenstead Camp
    https://www.thesims.com/gallery/24B2DB7F431A11E788839818C1D261A0
    LOT COST: 9972
    BUILD COST: 10000
    TOTAL COST: 19972
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/uTBwT
    ENTRY DETAILS: Oakenstead Camp is a fisherman's dream. No expenses were spared in the stocking of these ponds. It also has both kinds of magic trees and entry to the cave available to those who've completed level one. I'm not sure if this is acceptable for the game challenge, it just didn't seem that it would make much difference in game play other than making getting to hidden areas more convenient.
    V4vvj4Q.png

SIM:Nature Boy
    https://www.thesims.com/gallery/DD0DB34D431511E78A079818C1D261A0
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:http://imgur.com/a/W9C0s
    ENTRY DETAILS: Matthew is a Master Landscape Painter who has managed to earn enough money with his paintings to build himself a home. Despite having no contact with the outside world, except his fishing club, "The Happy Campers", he's become quite the gardener, athlete, cook, charismatic and of course, fisherman, but has room for improvement in all of these areas. Matthew has learned a lot through living off the land. He's independent, a super green thumb, incredibly friendly, observant, a morning sim, a creative visionary and completed his aspiration of becoming a Natural Leader with his club. He's recently taken up chess, guitar, woodworking and meditation but could use a lot of help honing these skills. Miraculously, through the miracle of modern youth potions, he hasn't aged a day since he first entered the 'wilderness'. QUESTION: Should I upload him without skills so others can use him in the EcoExistence challenge? I was unclear here as it seemed the point of the SIM challenge was to get him to level two.
    b7SA15I.jpg
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hey Guys, I'm doing the Eco Existence challenge, but not entering here since my camp went a bit over the funds allotted for it. But anyway, just wanted to point out that in the rules it says you CAN travel to Sylvan Glades if you get your Sim to Level 2 in Handiness. You should be able to fill your fishing aspiration no problem that way. At least I hope so because my Sim, Emma Rose is going for the fishing aspiration. Good Luck everyone and have fun! :)

EDIT: BTW @Ainsleyf I love your campsite, it's a bit similar to mine since I have a ton of flora and fauna as well. In fact, that's what put me over budget for this challenge. lol And your Sim is a cutie! <3
    Thanks so much @Karababy52! I tried to make both the camp and Matthew pretty. And thanks to @faithofkaela and @EuphorialQueen and @folala for your comments on the gallery! I've edited my prior post to include the link to the slide show. I think I have all the finer points covered.

@EuphorialQueen: I have to say, in playing Matthew, I had no trouble keeping him happy. Every morning he would use the toilet, have some granola, box, take a shower, fish, paint, garden and then roast a fish or some veggie dogs. Occasionally he'd run around the neighborhood digging up things. I think the only thing that would have made him happier would have been a grill and a fridge for storing leftovers. If being in a club wasn't an option, I would have given him the loner trait instead of the good trait and accosted the "Hikers" walking up the right side of the lot. I did make him independent as soon as I could. I may try to play him again without the club. It'll certainly make things more difficult.
    edited May 2017
    @Ainsleyf :) Sounds like you have a pretty good schedule going there.
    Did you know:
    If you already know another Sim you can choose the Action "Add to Group" when they are nearby?
    Then you can choose to do an activity together such as "Tend Garden Together".

If you have City Living the Street Sale table can be used to store food.
    That table and the Street Sale wall can be used to sell collected or crafted items at 300% mark-up for quick profit.
    @PersRealmsShadow - My Sim just found a Cowplant berry while fishing :)

q6SOjVy.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top