March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    anniepks wrote: »
    @ByronyRae - It won't drag & drop my pictures. I don't know what to do.

Perhaps you should give Imgur a try? I only just used it for the first time, for this project, and it was very easy to upload images and produce a slideshow.

• AnotherSimNutAnotherSimNut Posts: 89 Member
    It’s great to see people have picked up their hard hats and hammers and started building in the Sims 4. These are excellent creations. I can’t wait to delve into this new world. I’m better at writing stories than building. Maybe with the new Sims 4 tools, I’ll be able to start building. I recommend Dusty Turf. Anything created by Masajo is topnotch, and quite beautiful.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    anniepks wrote: »
    @ByronyRae - It won't drag & drop my pictures. I don't know what to do.

Click on the "Choose Photos or Videos" button below the drag & drop area. Then you can just add them from your file system.

Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • KraftySimKraftySim Posts: 277 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #: 1 - Building Firm and Representative

Forum ID: KraftySim
    Origin ID: KraftySim

Sim: KraftySim
    Office: kraftysim>builds

Link to entry slideshow: http://s27.photobucket.com/user/KraftySim/slideshow/Build-n-Share 1
    Entry Details: KraftySim renovated an old library and transformed it to his architecture firm and design studio. He is very happy to open his business to the community for public use when he is not working. Professional landscaping freshens the older building, and new, giant windows allow light to cascade into the modern and comfortable waiting room. On the right wing, employees may find their working quarters, with room for discussion and exploration of creative avenues. Bathrooms are located on this side for both employees and customers. The left wing holds the showroom where clients can ask questions, see what is in store, and of course, have a refreshment or two.

Credit for CC/Recolors: Maxis Sim Lights

kraftybuilds1_zps3831f241.jpg
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    Link to entry slideshow: I hope this works

I also hope the handwritten font shows up, as I had some trouble getting it into the webapp version. If different people can verify this, probable ones that aren't on Windows 8? It should look like this:

MV%20Boli%20font.png
    @DieterPrivate : Your slideshow worked as it should. Well done!

Thx, I worked very hard on it. Did take some time, but loved doing it.

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited September 2014
    Challenge #1 is now officially closed!!

And so that marks the end of the very first Sims 4 Build and Share, so many awesome entries, our judges are going to have a tough time judging this one me thinks. We usually hope to get results up within a week, however due to sheer number of entries, please bear with us on this one ;)

Stay tuned for challenge #2 it will be up very shortly.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KelSimmieKelSimmie Posts: 69 Member
    edited September 2014
    >Are you accepting entries that were uploaded to the gallery with the tags or just entries that were filled out here?

I've had a lot of family obligations and I couldn't get a lot that I felt was worthy until a couple of days ago (Some of these lots displayed here are unbelievably incredible and I'm sooo so not worthy, but I'll keep practicing!). I've been working as hard as I can to get it done, but, I only got the lot and the design team uploaded to the gallery, I haven't had time yet for the slide show.

Even if I can't get in on this one, if it's okay, I'd like to edit this post with the entry details and at least have it critiqued?

Thank you for your time. I'm looking forward to future challenges! =)

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #: 1
    Forum ID: KelSimmie
    Origin ID: KelSimmie
    Sim: Kelsyn Simmie, Janissa Simmington , Trish Hollandsim, Samuel McSimworth, Jackson Simjiggy
    Office: Simtechior Designs
    Link to entry slideshow:imgur.com/a/5yZ7B#0
    Entry Details: A 3 story 30 x 20 Residential Lot, with 5 Bedrooms (3 basic and 2 Delux) and 4 Bathrooms (2 Public and 2 Delux attached to the Delux Bedrooms), Reception Area - plus 2 seperate VIP waiting rooms, 2 consultation rooms in the 2 styles of the VIP waiting room, Design area with workbenches and paint easels, huge Banquet room (available for rent), Kitchen, Parlor room (with Bookshelves, Computers, and Fireplace, and ultra comfortable seating), Workout room, and Patio on 3rd floor with Observatory and Flight whatchamacalit (we haven't had time to experiment with it yet).

Whether you prefer Prim and Proper, or Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-in Comfy, our team at Simtechior Designs can help you design and build the structure of your dreams!

Valued at 508,680 simoleons

Credit for CC/Recolors: N/A
    Post edited by KelSimmie on
    SimtechiorDesignsSignature.jpg
    Simtechior Designs ~ Prim and Proper, Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-In Comfy... ~ Origin/TS4 Forum ID: KelSimmie
    KelSimmie wrote: »
    Are you accepting entries that were uploaded to the gallery with the tags or just entries that were filled out here?<br />
    <br />
    I've had a lot of family obligations and I couldn't get a lot that I felt was worthy until a couple of days ago (Some of these lots displayed here are unbelievably incredible and I'm sooo so not worthy, but I'll keep practicing!). I've been working as hard as I can to get it done, but, I only got the lot and the design team uploaded to the gallery, I haven't had time yet for the slide show.<br />
    <br />
    Even if I can't get in on this one, if it's okay, I'd like to edit this post with the entry details and at least have it critiqued?<br />
    <br />
    Thank you for your time. I'm looking forward to future challenges! =)

Hey there @KelSimmie, to enter the challenge you have to get an entry form posted here. If you can get your entry form completed here before 9pm GMT then it will be added to the list. Hope that's OK :smile:

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited September 2014
    Challenge #2 Specifics:

Curtis. Douglas Curtis… The Third.

It was the sound of unending barking that drew you back to the surface, away from the depths of the design you were working on for an architectural magazine. As the creative fog lifts from your brain, you realize you recognize the sound of that bark. Its Rose’s little dog. Weird. Usually the dog is very quiet and never barks at people. With a sigh you get up to go see why the barking hasn't been stopped yet.

Stepping to the doorway, you see a tableau that makes you pause.

Rose is sitting at her desk, looking like she’s struggling to maintain her “meet the client” friendly composure. Leaning against her desk, flashing a charming smile, is a man you vaguely recognize from a magazine cover. Rose’s little dog has deserted her usual post to back into a corner where she can see everything and bark at this new human male. “Rose?” You inquire uncertainly, concerned.

The look on Rose’s face as she looks over at you is one of blissful relief. You however, only hear the honking of a horn and the screech of tires that comes with being thrown under the bus. “Wonderful timing! Mr. Curtis here was just telling me what kind of house he wants!”

‘Curtis…Curtis…Oh no…’ You think, realizing who he is.

Douglas Curtis the Third, famous adventurer, explorer and vaguely associated with Archaeology. His tall, khaki wearing and very broad shouldered presence graced more than a few of the magazines you've seen. Many a young lady has sighed over his chiselled good looks, thick sun bleached blonde hair and deeply tanned skin. His charming and schmoozy personality has enjoyed a lot of TV coverage and there seemed to be no end to the self propagandizing articles about his exploits.

Forcing a smile on your face, and responding to the demands of friendship, you hold out your hand. “Mr Curtis. Its nice to meet you. Why don't we go back into my office and talk about what you’re looking for?”

With a wink and a charming smile, he tilts his head in Rose’s direction. “Think I already have.” Fortunately his eyes are on you so he misses the roll of eyes that Rose gives. “Anyway, what I've got in mind is actually a number of challenges for the right architect. Starting off with a new home. I'm moving to Willow Creek and I want a home worthy of being my home base. I've been all over the world so I don't have any real style preferences, just something that will showcase my artefacts, finds and trophies. Money inst really a problem. But something…penthouse like. Perhaps 2 bedrooms, including the master suite. I throw a lot of parties so the place has to be impressive…Great kitchen, formal dining, office, living room…if there's a balcony it needs to be set up for entertaining…”

“Sounds rather detailed Mr. Curtis. Does it need to be an apartment?” You ask, jotting notes down on the pad of paper Rose handed you.

“I hadn't really decided but you know what? The more I think about it the more I like the idea. Yes. I’d like it to be a penthouse.”

“Okay. What about budget?”

“Would 150K be too modest?” He tosses a wink at Rose.

“I think we can put something together in a couple weeks for you.” You say, trying to draw his attention back to you.

He straightens up and shakes your hand, “Great. I'm headed to Al Simhara tomorrow anyway. Cant wait to see it when its done.” He hands a card to Rose, “But if you want to get that drink I’ll put off my trip for you…” Gives another blindingly white smile, before he lets you show him out.

Returning to Rose’s desk, you pick up the card and study it. Then turn and offer it to the approaching dog. The little animal sniffs it, lets out a short growl, then snatches it and runs out the door. You both go to the window and watch as the little dog digs a hole and buries it, leaving you both helpless with laughter.

Requirements:
    Penthouse
    2 Bedrooms
    Full Master Suite
    Balcony
    Formal Kitchen and Dining
    Ready to entertain
    150k budget

Note: This build just has to be built in the style of a penthouse, so an entrance lobby etc...

Room Challenge
    Create the ultimate balcony (outdoor area) for Douglas to be able to entertain his guests. The budget for this part of the challenge is 25K

Sim Challenge
    Douglas' aspiration is, unsurprisingly, to be a mansion baron, and one of his traits is romantic, the rest, as they say, is up to you!

Hashtags used for this challenge
    #BuildnShare and #BuildnShare2

The Deadline for this challenge is Wednesday, 1st October, Midnight CMT.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Don't forget our Build'n'Share Facebook page and Twitter feed. Keep yourselves up to date :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KelSimmieKelSimmie Posts: 69 Member
    > @BuildnShare said:

> Hey there KelSimmie, to enter the challenge you have to get an entry form posted here. If you can get your entry form completed here before 9pm GMT then it will be added to the list. Hope that's OK :smile:

That's totally awesome! Thank you so much! Now to get a few hours of sleep! lol =)
    SimtechiorDesignsSignature.jpg
    Simtechior Designs ~ Prim and Proper, Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-In Comfy... ~ Origin/TS4 Forum ID: KelSimmie
    KelSimmie wrote: »
    > @BuildnShare said:

> Hey there KelSimmie, to enter the challenge you have to get an entry form posted here. If you can get your entry form completed here before 9pm GMT then it will be added to the list. Hope that's OK :smile:

That's totally awesome! Thank you so much! Now to get a few hours of sleep! lol =)

Sleep well hon!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    This is a southern challenge for me. Southern formality has always felt a little empty to me, love having rooms filled to the brim with "junk". Onto research for me! I wonder if there is such a thing as a southern penthouse, only ever see those in the north or west coast. Research!!
  • celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    I forgot to ask an important question.
    By definition, a penthouse is the living space on the top of an apartment complex. Since we are unable to build a home with unusable space (like in TS3), how can we build a complex but still focus on the penthouse?
    I am considering to put to use the foundation tool as a way to overcome this....

You gave us quite the challenge!
  • BarbieofBorgBarbieofBorg Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm looking forward to this challenge.....hmm a balcony....
    celdys0n wrote: »
    I forgot to ask an important question.
    By definition, a penthouse is the living space on the top of an apartment complex. Since we are unable to build a home with unusable space (like in TS3), how can we build a complex but still focus on the penthouse?
    I am considering to put to use the foundation tool as a way to overcome this....

You gave us quite the challenge!

hmmm, already got some ideas about this. But it sure is a question we need to answer and be creative with. Guess we need to find a way to make something of the lower floors.... But I also like your foundation solution! This is gonna be fun trying out different things....
  • TwilaniteTwilanite Posts: 53 Member
    Dives into research for this one and all I can say is umm I'm getting interesting results.... O.o*
  • HippieMama2HippieMama2 Posts: 240 Member
    Just to clarify - is it two bedrooms including the master suite or two bedrooms plus the master suite?

Thanks!
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi everyone. I’ve decided not to participate in this second challenge, since I don’t feel it was really thought out well. It looks like it was copied over from a Sims 3 challenge involving World Adventures, or even Bridgeport with actual penthouses and hot tubs. I don’t mean any offense, but I think our community would rather focus on themes that are readily available in build mode, none of which are archeology-oriented. For example, something along the lines of “build a wedding location” or “build a state of the art gym.” These would be more appropriate, given this is the base game and people may be looking to use these in their game. I look forward to seeing other challenges and participating in them, but for now, I’m sitting out. Thanks for reading, and I truly hope this doesn’t offend anyone. I appreciate the hard work that goes into these challenges from both sides of the fence, whether judging or building.
    Post edited by RachelRosebud on
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    Penthouse
    150k budget

Room Challenge
    Create the ultimate balcony (outdoor area) for Douglas to be able to entertain his guests. The budget for this part of the challenge is 25K

Ok confused first budget for main build is 150k and then the balcony is 25k. How are we to know if we spent two different amounts? Do we build the main house spending up to 150k and then build the balcony spending up to 25k? How are you going to know we spent 25k on the balcony and not add some of that budget to the main house?
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    edited September 2014
    so, this will be a one floor penthouse on top of a twostory skyscraper ? XD
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    Instead of an entrance lobby can it be a courtyard?
    Apologies for any confusion, the idea of this challenge is to try and make a pent house 'style' build, a one story luxurious build that you could imagine sitting at the top of a sky scraper. So, imagine yourself stepping off of an elevator into generously appointed lobby with access to the pent house suite (hence the entrance lobby part of the challenge). It does not have to be built on a foundation, but if you wanted to do so, feel free.

We will, of course be running other challenges with more Sims4 related themes, however due to RL time constraints, we decided to use the same challenge as is running on the TS3 thread. We appreciate any and all feedback given to us about the challenges we run, this is the only way we know if you guys are enjoying the challenges or if you feel we should be doing something different, we certainly don't take any offence ;)

With regards to the specific questions asked, it is a 2 bedroom build (one must have a full en-suite), the balcony challenge requirement is just for those who wanted to complete a room, if they didn't have the time or interest to take on the whole build.

Hope this answers your questions, please feel free to ask more! We will endeavour to answer them in a timely fashion.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    Apologies for any confusion, the idea of this challenge is to try and make a pent house 'style' build, a one story luxurious build that you could imagine sitting at the top of a sky scraper.

So are we allowed to make a two-story penthouse? or is it a requirement that its only one story?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top