March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited September 2014
    SO Does anyone know how I can fix this- been a member since 2009- that is hardly a new member....darn you EA. I am waiting in the EA - live chat box of fun- approx 45 min wait, I hope they can fix this mess.
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    @Greenowl77 The new member thing has nothing to do with the time you have been here, but with the 'points' you have. At this moment of writing you have just earned a total of 53 points. Which means Tadaa! you are now a member! 50points is the crossover for that ;) you gain points by achievements and likes/agrees etc. From now on you can post links, images, quote and tag people :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    Hi, for those interested in a list of usefull tags for your builds, visit The Sims 4 Builders Toolbox. Under Tags, you'll find a list I started. Please post in This discussion any other usefull tags to add...
    Lebanna wrote: »
    @Greenowl77 The new member thing has nothing to do with the time you have been here, but with the 'points' you have. At this moment of writing you have just earned a total of 53 points. Which means Tadaa! you are now a member! 50points is the crossover for that ;) you gain points by achievements and likes/agrees etc. From now on you can post links, images, quote and tag people :)

Thank goodness- I was super confused!!! I had all my badges days ago! Thanks for the reply.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge # 1 "Building Firm & Representative"
    Forum ID: Greenowl77
    Entry Download Links: Gallery ID: greenowl77 (Lot: Full Spectrum Designs, Sim: Cailin Aruaine)
    Sim: Cailin Aruaine
    Office: Full Spectrum Designs
    [img][/img]hzEV7mel.png

Link to Slideshow: imgur.com/a/Bh8VO#0
    Entry Details: This lot includes a full office space on the first floor with an apartment upstairs. The office space includes a waiting area with a reception desk(hopefully Cailin will hire a secretary soon), a unisex bathroom, dinette, and a private office. The apartment space includes a living/dining area, bathroom and bedroom. This is probably my most colorful build to date (including Sims 1-4), I hope you enjoy it!
    Lot Size: 30 x 20
    Cost: 140,551(cost includes computers that were added with my Sim)
    Credit for CC and or Recolors: None used
    Level: Advanced

Thanks Lebanna---posting this was frustrating but now everything is A-Ok!
    Just wanted to say IMGUR is just the best- Photobucket has become a horrendous mess. :p
  • Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi guys, It's been a long time since I entered a BnS challenge, but what better opportunity than sims 4! I see the challenge is thriving, awesome!!

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

Challenge #: 1

Forum ID: Green_Girly100

Entry DL Links - Uploaded to my Gallery

Sim: Ruby Green (artistic, loves art, foodie, muser)

Office: Greenhouse Design

Link to entry slideshow: (it's not a slideshow, it's 3 seperate Tumblr posts, I hope that's ok?)

www.green-girl100.tumblr.com/post/97034551627/greenhouse-design-pt1-ruby-exterior-office
    www.green-girl100.tumblr.com/post/97034723102/greenhouse-design-pt-2-work-bungalow-office
    www.green-girl100.tumblr.com/post/97034974782/greenhouse-design-pt-3-living-bungalow-office

Entry Details: Mid century modern, separate work and living bungalows.
    Living: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, open plan kitchen and living area, outdoor entertaining.
    Work: Client waiting room, office, art and design studio

Credit for CC/Recolors: No CC

Edit: sorry about the links guys, I'm not able to post them yet :/
    Post edited by Green_Girly100 on
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Forum ID: Trashdocka
    Origin-ID: Sekyria
    Entry DL Links: Under my origin-id in the gallery.
    Sim: Alex Sekyria
    Office: Sekyria Design
    Link to entry slideshow: imgur.com/a/HQqWl#0
    Entry Details: I wanted to make the house in her own style which is more Victorian but still keep the office modern.
    Credit for CC/Recolors: no cc

• RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    I have no idea how to upload a lot to the exchange from Sims 4..? HELP.
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    edited September 2014
    @RachelShennan It is not like Sims 3, you save it to the Gallery in game. When you go to save your lot click on the cloud icon. In your description of the lot or sim don't forget to add the hashtags ( #BuildnShare1 #Buildnshare and #WithCC or #NoCC )
    edited September 2014
    @RachelShennan, The Sims 4 has it's own system :) Simified made a tutorial about sharing a room, which is a lot like sharing a house :) Maybe his video will help you out. Except where he chooses the room symbol, you pick the house symbol ;) Don't forget the #buildnshare and #buildnshare1 hashtags in the description :)
    Link to Simified's sharing room tutorial

> @countrykris1play said:
    > RachelShennan It is not like Sims 3, you save it to the Gallery in game. When you go to save your lot click on the cloud icon. In your description of the lot or sim don't forget to add the hashtags ( #BuildnShare1 #Buildnshare and #WithCC or #NoCC )

ohhh, I knew how to do that, it was just because in the introduction to this it said the exchange. That's fine haha, Can do that no bother (:
    > @countrykris1play said:
    > RachelShennan It is not like Sims 3, you save it to the Gallery in game. When you go to save your lot click on the cloud icon. In your description of the lot or sim don't forget to add the hashtags ( #BuildnShare1 #Buildnshare and #WithCC or #NoCC )

ohhh, I knew how to do that, it was just because in the introduction to this it said the exchange. That's fine haha, Can do that no bother (:
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    > @countrykris1play said:<br />
    > RachelShennan It is not like Sims 3, you save it to the Gallery in game. When you go to save your lot click on the cloud icon. In your description of the lot or sim don't forget to add the hashtags ( #BuildnShare1 #Buildnshare and #WithCC or #NoCC )<br />
    <br />

Yeah, the first post still has the text from the Sims 3 Build-n-Share Challenges. It confused me at first, too! I actually kind of miss being able to link to posts on the Exchange. :(

• simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    Hi I hope I'm not too late to join in the fun. This will be the second time I have done something like this. Here's hoping to many more. I consider myself a beginner.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

Challenge #:1

Forum ID: Simhead70

Entry DL Links - On the sims4 gallery, same ID: simhead70

Sim: Angelique Ideal

Office: Ideal Interior Design

Link to entry slideshow: http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/angelg70/slideshow/Ideal Home office?sort=3

Entry Details: The Ideal Interior Design Co. This is a small 30x20 Residential lot. It is a home/home office for the Ideal Interior Design. My sim finds it very cozy. The main office and waiting area with bathroom is on the ground floor. My sims living area is on the 2nd floor. I went with a modern up to date look. Cost of home is: $91,515.

Credit for CC/Recolors: NoCC
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    First post has been edited :)

This means:
    • No more mention of the Exchange, edited to Gallery
    • There has been an update for the entry levels. We have chosen to have everyone in the same level for this first challenge, so we can review the levels for next challenges
    • Updated links to go to the new forums instead to the old forums.
    • Entry form has been updated, this may change as we are trying to figure out what information we need and is useful.
    If you notice any more errors, please let us know :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Finally have some time to work on my own entry :wink:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • TwilaniteTwilanite Posts: 53 Member
    Not to derail this thread or anything but Are you doing Sims 4 challenges or Sims 3 challenges or both? And can anyone send me the appropriate links either via my inbox, email, or whatnot. I would like to make a return to the Build N Share as I have been away for some time due to things beyond anyone's control. It would be greatly appreciated. I've started on build and want to make sure I am working on the correct challenge. Thanks ~Twilanite
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Forum ID: SimsIslandheart
    Origin ID: SimsIslandheart
    Sim: Pepper Cherry
    Office: Cherry Creations
    Link to entry slideshow: Cherry Creations
    Entry Details:
    PepperCherryCreationsWeb_zpseb0fa22b.jpg

Cherry Creations combines an office with a one bedroom, two bath home to provide a home office for Pepper Cherry, Build-n-Share Challenge designer. Nestled in Hallow Slough, this 30x20 Residential Lot checks in at a modest $214,270.
    #BuildnShare #BuildnShare1

Credit for CC/Recolors: No CC - Base Game items only
    edited September 2014
    @Twilanite There are both The Sims 4 challenges (this thread is for The Sims 4) As well as The Sims 3

This is the thread for the Sims 3 challenges: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/373316/build-n-share-challenge-150-returning-home-due-09-10

So you can still pick and choose what challenges you want to do :)

• Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    @SimsIslandheart I really enjoyed your slideshow (as well as everybody else's). I liked the little notes on the slides. After reading about your frustrations with placing the art on the wall/wanting to center the art.....I have good news for you. You actually can center the art by holding down Alt while you have the it picked up in build mode. You can move them both horizontally and vertically. I hope this helps in the future :) I had to look up how to do this during my build, because I was having difficulty placing the toilet paper roll in my sims' bathroom.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    @Carewren123 Thanks so much for letting me know!!! :O You have no idea what that means to me. I could get some of the artwork to go up and down, but not left or right without huge jumps to another section of wall. I'm going to go in and try to move all of my art now. Thanks again! <3
  • TwilaniteTwilanite Posts: 53 Member
    Ok that's helpful Thanks! ~Twilanite
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Arrrghh!! A crash, my game crashed!! And of course, no save mods, so that's 2 hours wasted. Hope I can remember what I did.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Oh, no, Faith! Hope you can get it re-created without too much hassle :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top