March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @thehelper You can change all of those. You must keep the original exterior walls, and the wall height and foundation height must stay the same.
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • thehelperthehelper Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks a lot! I'm trying to achieve a very modern look and the current windows and wood panels, don't really fit with that vibe
    Does anyone know if we can use custom content?
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    thehelper wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we can use custom content?

Yes you can :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    I've been looking through the entries and most have kept the exterior panels, windows, doors and patio the same, I was wondering if I can change these because I have in my build so far

Of course you can change them. :)
    image.png
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sorry nvm, hadnt gone to the next page yet xD
    Post edited by Devilariah on
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,645 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #123 - The Family Emergency
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL:Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Garden Essence
    NEW LOT LINK: The Country Farmhouse
    LOT COST: $2000.00
    GALLERY COST: $166,258.00
    TOTAL COST: $168,258.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/IqXGOSI
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have given the Costello's a large country farmhouse style home, with a wraparound deck. I have added onto the main floor and put a basement under the new addition, I specifically added the basement so that the family will have a place to go to be safe if another storm hits the area. I have also added a second floor where there are five bedrooms, so each grandchild can have their own room. I came in under budget when I was able to use the new free landscaping items (Yay!) So I would highly recommend to the Costello's to use the extra money to invest in a maid :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: all NOCC artwork was created by myself
    3d4rZLf.png
    E4O2zf2.png
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: The Costello's
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/W3Tn3QQ
    ENTRY DETAILS:The Costello's are a very loving family. Anthony and Irma want to see their grandchildren succeed in life. Anthony enjoys the outdoors and is very self assured, he simply adores his wife's baking. Irma is creative, family oriented and overall a good person. Regina dreams of one day being a painter extraordinaire. She is creative and loves art. Maximilian is rambunctious active boy. Roberto is a social butterfly and loves the outdoors; and Angela is an inquisitive toddler and loves to learn.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    uim3aIi.jpg
    IAHAY9e.png
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    LEVEL: Established
    ROOM: Primary Bedroom
    GALLERY COST: $6,616.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/57UpVqE
    ENTRY DETAILS: I created a room for a toddler, Angela Costello.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    X1EtZlj.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:jojoMOMSTER
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cypress Terrace
    NEW LOT LINK: Rindle Cottage Upgrade
    LOT COST: 8500
    GALLERY COST: 138613
    TOTAL COST: 147113 and I couldn't think of anything more to add
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided that the cottage was Tony's childhood home that he had kept as a vacation property. I used Cypress Terrace because it feels like a more rural/natural area. The home now has a basement for laundry and working out. The main floor has an open front room, a bedroom that was converted to an office, the pink half bath is still pink and the kitchen is a new addition. All the bedrooms are upstairs. There is a covered patio and pool and the rest of the back yard is without a doubt the playground of children.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: gallery art: withlovejulian, tiya33, rosemow, zeisig, Sims3testalias1, jewels64

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    whatever do you mean choose only two?

YaJ4bKE.png
    gLi3ouX.png
  • WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member

FORUM ID: wildflower1971
    ORIGIN ID: wildflower1971
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Parkshore (Willow Creek)
    NEW LOT LINK: RR Family Emergency
    LOT COST: 5500
    GALLERY COST: 171866
    TOTAL COST: 177366
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: RR Family Emergency
    ENTRY DETAILS: Keeping the cottage look of the original helped save money when adding on to this home for the family we did move the front door to the right when facing the front entrance and moved some windows extended the front porch and added a back porch and an up stairs. we doubled the with of the main home and added to the back of the house to make sure we could add a second bathroom on the first floor and laundry and larger kitchen and dinning up stairs we added a bathroom three bedrooms and hallway. Now there is ample room for this family to heal after the devastating loss. Added a small pool for the teen Regina and the twins to have friends over. With camp fire and picnic table as well. ball pit and swing for the toddler.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Tiya33 Classic Ballet III Babewire American Football - med 2

TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

67550903_912685595744052_8409959575213572096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_eui2=AeFT4zP3QkxZUEKaCG24ZT4rIv1wAf_QfA9yzbSGdjAhEh3x5vWXyUMJHTjk8IpdstOlUpeTwZqjzf3Xf86c-MrwTbiJ3IJ0yVWpgfTTjgdC5g&_nc_oc=AQnup3pT1C6z_1fxIP5zZAN2dBscMm3ZFLLFw6gR2h-5-Svx8jHauJOxkvmwdR4GNMU&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=7d30ce9c8e6fba839da026504121b663&oe=5DA1B7F2

67206081_912693245743287_5805256682661478400_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_eui2=AeHjcLVRXu7sStZ3XTPX15G8jGrobnfJfe3f3y1zOIn_mv8wwm0jYaVw743jsyOEgyEZvLXVeBSckESvZps_OuB7Aha8dEzfZLgLQKkR5lbt5w&_nc_oc=AQnCzmpIVyMWPGTpXSBaMAy38eNIgy_gq8MgomZYZSY49KEhbrMKvjVQpoqQBuf7QFY&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=934eae6d21d2efc24256bcfa63dba362&oe=5DED0FEA

James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited July 2019
    @WILDFLOWER1971 when we use art from other creators on the gallery, the best practice is to include the creator’s origin ID as a hashtag in the description for your lot or room. This serves as a ping back to the original creator and keeps everybody sweet
    Very pretty house too!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    @WILDFLOWER1971 when we use art from other creators on the gallery, the best practice is to include the creator’s origin ID as a hashtag in the description for your lot or room. This serves as a ping back to the original creator and keeps everybody sweet
    Very pretty house too!

So that's how it's done. I wasn't sure the hashtags actually worked for creators.
    image.png
  • WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    Very pretty house too!

I know I just did not have them when I posted to the gallery and I could not go back and find them did not think to write them down definitely will remember to do that next time. and I still wanted everyone to know the pics were not mine. it was a 2:30 am finish and i was so tired. thanks for the info
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • Nym115Nym115 Posts: 91 Member
    edited July 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:Nym115
    ORIGIN ID:Nym115
    LEVEL:
    HOUSEHOLD: Costello
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOWhttps://imgur.com/a/LmlnYaV

ENTRY DETAILS: Grandpa Anthony and Nana Irma Costello have graciously taken in their four grandkids after tragedy struck their family resulting in the loss of their mother and father. Anthony is a semi-retired scientist (Astronaut) who writes about his findings during his younger years of exploring space and loves to tell the kids his stories. (Friend of the World Asp. Good, Genius, Family Oriented Traits) Irma is a baker (Culinary) who works out of her home make an assortment of delicious pastries from her kitchen. (Painter Asp-think cake decorating. Foodie, Family Oriented, Creative Traits) Regina is the introverted teen with her heart set on dancing. She may be glued to her phone but its only because she studying to latest moves and music. (Musical Genius Asp. Geek and Lone Wolf Traits) Maxmillian and Roberto are the twin boys both of elementary school age. Both enjoy video games, however while Max likes sports Rob is more into cowboy themes. (Max - Rambunctious Scamp Asp. Active Trait / Rob - Social Butterfly Asp. Loves Outdoors Trait) Finally there is baby Caiden. He is the bundle of colorful joy to this family and loves showing off his latest artwork. (Inquistive Trait)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure why not

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    z6sio6s.png
    iQ6MS7o.png
    Post edited by Nym115 on
    ae7.gif
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Nym115
    ORIGIN ID: Nym115
    LEVEL:
    ROOM: Primary Colors Nursery
    GALLERY COST: 5,679
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Wy38e6G

ENTRY DETAILS: A toddler bedroom I designed for Caiden Costello. I know technically the art table is for kid sims and not toddlers but hey toddlers like to be just as creative so why not you know? Also have some learning blocks and a shelf full of fun stories.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ONt58KR.png
    ravw1Ma.png
    ae7.gif
    BUILD ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Nym115
    ORIGIN ID:Nym115
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rindle Rose
    NEW LOT LINK: Rindle Rose - Costello Home
    LOT COST: 36,774
    GALLERY COST: 104,477
    TOTAL COST: 141,221
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/SJd9qiA

ENTRY DETAILS: Whooo boy this build was a challenge but still fun. Updating a small starter home to now house a family of 6? The kitchen is build for a creative baker. The living room and master suite all have a quaint and homely vibe filled with family photos and books. The researcher of the family can hone his writing skills at his desk. Downstairs there is a bathroom as well as a laundry room with seating area. Upstairs are the kid's bedrooms and bathrooms, each designed around their specific likes.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    R6hU1pA.png
    TWkAGKD.png
    ae7.gif
    I'm new to the forums, but I am trying to upload my entry post and I'm being told I can't post links, anyone got any advice?
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    I'm new to the forums, but I am trying to upload my entry post and I'm being told I can't post links, anyone got any advice?

@thehelper Post your entry form here with the links broken like this: h ttps:// Then we can display the images for you :)
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    edited July 2019
    BUILD ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE: #123 The Family Emergency
    Forum ID: familysims
    Origin ID: Cambot2201
    slideshow link: https://imgur.com/a/BWO8HoK
    Gallery Name: The Family Emergency
    Gallery link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/81C33660AD5911E98841AACBBB995B3D?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=The Family Emergency&max=50&maxis=false
    Lot Cost: 36,774
    Gallery Cost: 81,171
    Total Cost: 117,945
    Constructive Criticism: Yes,please!
    Pictures:
    25pok0k.png
    zit9ia.png
    CC CREDITS: Babewire, summerhallo, ALJay2000, SimSationalToo
    Post edited by CaleSims on
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    The cabinets are off center because I moved the kitchen over it’s fixed in the gallery post.
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
    FORUM ID: thehelper
    ORIGIN ID: Scoulter_x
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Brook Bungalow
    NEW LOT LINK: (Link to where your build can be found on The Gallery)
    LOT COST: 3,000
    GALLERY COST: 151,572
    TOTAL COST: 154,572
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/gallery/3tSomFeNTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Welcome all criticism only way to improve
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All CC is Peacemaker
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    I know this doesn't count as I haven't linked my lot, but I can't find it on the online gallery, it's exact name is 'Rindle Rose Reno BnS123', it includes custom content and I have tried turning 'Maxis Curated' off but still no luck, If anyone finds it on the gallery, or could help me in any way it would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot!
    edited July 2019
    @thehelper - I had the same problem at first trying to find my own stuff in the online gallery. I ended up clicking on the three bar icon just right below the trending/browse tabs and selecting EA ID on the pop up menu. Type in your ID name and you should open up your own personal gallery. Hope this works for you.

Edit - I attempted to search for your lot in your gallery but couldn't seem to find it. You mentioned you included CC so I'm not sure if that will affect finding it? I don't use CC myself. My next guess is just make sure that in-game you have uploaded it to the gallery there. And then refreshing your gallery on the website page.
    ae7.gif
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    edited July 2019
    @thehelper You should be able to find your entry in your in-game gallery, as long as you check the option to include CC. We don't have that same option in the online gallery, unfortunately. On the entry form where it asks your link to the online gallery, just indicate that you have CC in your entry, and the judges will know to look it up in their in-game gallery. Just be sure to include your EA ID and the name of your entry so the judges can find it. The only thing the judges need this for is to verify your cost. All judging is done from your photo album.
    Post edited by Allears on
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    FORUM ID: thehelper
    ORIGIN ID: Scoulter_x
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Brook Bungalow
    NEW LOT LINK: (Link to where your build can be found on The Gallery) I was unable to find my gallery on the online gallery as it contains custom content, it is called Rindle Rose Reno BnS123, and my origin ID is Scoulter_x
    LOT COST: 3,000
    GALLERY COST: 151,572
    TOTAL COST: 154,572
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/gallery/3tSomFe
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Welcome all criticism only way to improve
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All CC is Peacemaker
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list