March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I know likes give you guys points, but I'm not sure about LOLs. I gave you all LOLs too anyway just assuming it does give the points for that too.

I've had to spend some time this evening posting comments trying to get my total posts up to 100. I getting close. And I definitely agree that this has been a bit irritating. Oh well....BnS Unite. :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    I agree-BnS Unite! :) does anyone know what all we get points for now? I seem to be getting a point for every post but idk other than that. Anyways, I'm looking forward to this BnS challenge- it's definitely a..well..challenge :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Aw, man... back to 'new member' status. I've spent the last two weeks just building for Challenge #1, but missed the deadline due to personal circumstances. I haven't even 'played' the game yet. o.O

I decided to post a thread with my 'entry' slideshow anyway, and took a break from making screenshots to come here and see what's going on. Now I'm bummed out I can't even post pics or links anymore. *sigh*

Ah well... all the entries look amazing and so professional, way out of my noob league so I guess it's no great loss anyway. Especially since I had a blast building and creating Adam's EnGlam Sim Properties (E.S.P.) office, entertainment area and living quarters anyway.

Not sure if I'll give Challenge #2 a shot or not... maybe just the Ultimate balcony mini challenge. Building a three floor structure for my first TS4 build was a bit daunting. But I did learn a lot! Anyway, have fun and good luck to everyone! I think I'll go actually play the game now! \o/ *Hugs*
  • BlackRoseBronwenBlackRoseBronwen Posts: 471 Member
    @Karababy52 Don't be intimidated by other people's entries, after all everyone started at the new builder stage at one point. Practice makes perfect as does entering challenges like this where people are friendly and are willing to give constructive criticisms or not depending on what you want. Also you never know what could happen. The fact that you are newer builder could show those of us who have a little bit more experience a way to do something that our old ways prevents us from seeing. So keep your chin up and don't be afraid to test the waters.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited September 2014
    @BlackRoseBronwen Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, you're such a sweetheart! You're right, everyone is very friendly in the BnS community. I'll keep everything you said in mind for my next build, you inspire me! Thanks again... :) I don't post very much here, but I do come and lurk, look at lots, threads, etc. everyday. So I don't know if I'll get enough points in time to post for the next challenge (if I enter), but I guess I can do what I noticed a few others have done, post a link without the http? We'll see... ;)

Edit: Okay, now I really am going offline to play for the first time! So excited! Have a great rest of your day/night! <3
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited September 2014
    [quote] @celdys0n said:
    Another question. Did anyone CAS for the Curtis character or do we make our own for the photo shots?? After all, you gave us aspiration and one trait, does that mean we have freedom to make our own interpretation on the character?

@KittKat7147 said:
    celdys0n, let me confirm with the current challenge host, but I'm 95% sure that the Room challenge and Sim Challenge are optional *extra* challenges above and beyond the build challenge that you can complete or not as you choose. That would mean that if you choose to make Curtis and submit him for the Sim Challenge, you can create him however you envision him as long as you make his aspiration Mansion Baron and one trait as romantic. [/quote]

Yep the room challenge and the Sim challenge are both entirely optional. And yes, you have total freedom on Curtis, just read the brief and take him from there ;)

Meh and it seems even BnS will have to up their post counts! as we are back to being new members again lol!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    > @Twilanite said:
    > asphyxiateddoll wrote: »
    >
    > Does the 150k include the price of the lot or no?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I believe it does correct me if I am wrong?

Yes, the 150k does include the price of the lot.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    I went back and liked a few of your posts you should be a member now.
    Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
    @asphyxiateddoll Aw thanks hon!! *hugs*

@BarbieofBorg - your link to your media is not working, any chance you can take a look at it hon?
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    Oh please give me some likes :) i have 110 points, and i need to do some posts..
    Hate that they did this, i was so happy when i could post links and stuff. :cry:
  • Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    > @trashdocka said:
    > Oh please give me some likes :) i have 110 points, and i need to do some posts..
    > Hate that they did this, i was so happy when i could post links and stuff. :cry:

Me too :\ I only just got enough points, despite being a member since 2011.
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    > @Green_Girly100 said:
    > Me too :\ I only just got enough points, despite being a member since 2011.

Yeah, i've been on the forums since 2010, and playing sims since the sims 1, :C so now im sad
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > Happy to trashdocka and Green_Girly100 :smiley:
    Thank you <3
    No worries :wink:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    As I've always believed is that the build n share challenges are to showcase your imagination and ways of coming up with solutions to builds that you may not have an exact item etc that you can use. This was definitely how it was for TS3, and it was always fantastic seeing what people came up with. If the challenges were easy and too simplistic people would get bored easily. TS3 builders always rose to the challenge and I think it would be a shame not to have challenges which tested our build skills. That way we can learn new techniques by seeing what others have done. I do find the build more much harder to use on the Sims 4 but it took me a while to get used to the Sims 3 to start with.

I like the challenges which test me, it makes me think more and I do a lot more research to find out new ideas. Maybe a solution could be having a 'room challenge' which just uses the base game for inspiration as opposed to a full challenge. And if you'e not happy with the challenge for sims 4 then at least you can still use the sims 3 to take part. That's just my opinion, I was an avid fan of TS3 build n shares but with uni in the way I've yet to start on the sims 4. Hoping to give this one a go though!
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    edited September 2014
    Re: Using Sims 3 BnS challenges for Sims 4 BnS - I'm actually okay with the overlap. I don't have a real problem re-imagining something and using the existing base items and lots; to me, that's part of the challenge. (Not all of us had the expansions mentioned for building the 'penthouse' in the Sims 3 BnS this time around, either, but it's doable with other stuff.)

Re: This being reverted back to New Member after gaining Member status BS - It's annoying on multiple levels, and as of right now, I'm not going to start this BnS challenge; I may drop out of them entirely, because I may be dropping these forums. It's not even about spamming for "Likes" or making "bump" posts to get my points up anymore (and yes, I found the threads to do that &etc). It's a symptom of an inability or unwillingness, whichever the case may be, to properly moderate the forums and to cater to a very, very small but loud minority within the forum community. That doesn't make for healthy communities in general, and if that's the direction these forums are going, I'm not interested in sticking with them. There are plenty of good Sims communities that know how to actually manage themselves.

EDIT: Oh, nice. I self-censor by putting B S instead of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in my post, and THAT gets censored. Yep, that's a second strike.
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    edited September 2014
    I went through all the previous posts and liked all new member posts. B-n-S unite. B)
  • TwilaniteTwilanite Posts: 53 Member
    edited September 2014
    UGH, UGH, UGH! New member AGAIN! Nooooo.... So frustrating........ *sighs* I understand why but really?!?! Ban the trouble makers and save us the trouble and grief that falls as backlash to their negativity. (No other way of putting it any nicer) ~Twilanite
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    This 'new member' status must be really frustrating. I have been through every page on here and liked every single new member. Really hope this has bumped the points up. Yay for BnS unite :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    "KittKat7147 apparently they have upped the point requirement. I think you have to have 150 points now to be considered a 'member' as well as have 100 posts. But that obviously isn't a problem for you with your 1854 posts. I liked you posts above to help. :)"

Wow. I'll never get that high. I just got up to 50 points and was about to post a link but couldn't. :( Guess I'd better start gabbing! :p
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    I just got my 10th badge and 5th LOL and it promoted me to member-so maybe they have different requirements than we think? I only have 88 points and 34 posts/comments.
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    I have 11 badges, 5 LOLs and only 103 points. Maybe it varies for each person on how long they've been playing, then again, who knows. It's still not beneficial to sims players who want to take part in this. All we needed to do for the people that spammed was report them, but this new member thing actually causes more spamming as it makes people constantly comment on posts etc just to gain points. So it sorta backfired in that way I guess. Anyway, Good luck to everyone that enters the BNS. I'm hoping to have a go at this one since I missed the first.
  • KelSimmieKelSimmie Posts: 69 Member
    edited September 2014
    I was feeling like a total noob too, when it comes to building. My build styles are usually eclectic, don't really follow any type of floor plan. I tend to just stack whatever I'm creating chock full of the best stat items that I can to ensure the best mood, the most comfort, the best skill, etc... So, that tends to mean that furnishings are not always matched. Plus, my normal style at home is comfy and lived-in. Whatever works best. So, seeing all these perfect and amazing builds is a little intimidating.

BUT... Then I thought... Wait a minute... Not everyone in the world wants prim and proper and stuffy looking houses. Some are okay with it being strictly functional or having a lived-in feel or having mismatched furniture and decor. Not everyone wants something perfect looking where you feel like you shouldn't dare sit on the couch (and if you did, it's very uncomfortable) or you shouldn't touch the perfect soaps and towels in the bathroom because everything looks so pristine, you're afraid to mess it up. Not everyone wants that museum feel.

So, I decided to get over my fear that I'm not good enough for these challenges (well, kinda, I'm still a bit scared) and just go for it, and work on getting better. Maybe try looking at a floor plan and following it. I love the look of Victorian architecture and would love to give that a shot some day. I haven't quite been able to achieve the look. But I can keep trying. I can study other builders and how they come up with their creations.

So, fellow noobs, it's okay to be different! Embrace that which is you. It's okay to have your own style. Together we can learn from each other. You can take a piece from a build there and a piece from a builder over there and a piece from a picture or floor plan or description here and put it all together in your own way, the way that feels right to you.

Let's rise to the challenge! BnS Builders Unite!!! =)
    SimtechiorDesignsSignature.jpg
    Simtechior Designs ~ Prim and Proper, Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-In Comfy... ~ Origin/TS4 Forum ID: KelSimmie
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    edited September 2014
    KelSimmie wrote: »
    Not everyone wants something perfect looking where you feel like you shouldn't dare sit on the couch (and if you did, it's very uncomfortable) or you shouldn't touch the perfect soaps and towels in the bathroom because everything looks so pristine, you're afraid to mess it up.

LOL This line made me remember my childhood. My mom kept the house so pristine that my friends felt like there were in a museum.

As for the new point system, I don't get it. I was set back to new member last night and now I'm back at member and I only have 93 points, 8 badges and 87 posts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top