Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited February 2015
    @BuildnShare‌ Thanks for the pic! That will really help! Should we place our home close to the front for future challenges?

And I'm with @gmcrozier‌ -- the budget is JUST FINE!!! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited February 2015
    @buildnShare So we build the house shell, and decorate the kids room only? Sims too?
    Post edited by Nhicks on
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    Thank you for your responses everyone! My question has been answered. And thank you for the pictures, they clear up a lot of other things. :D
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2015
    You're welcome @BuildnShare and Thank You for clarification and your version of the shell, it helps a lot!

I didn't have time to finish the last round by the deadline, I'm just finishing up the landscaping and house exterior, haven't even touched the inside yet. lol But I love what I have so far so will be completing it and hopefully have time do this round in time for entry too. Good luck everyone! :)

Edit: You're welcome too @benlow11, I'm glad my inverted pic helped you. Have a great weekend! :)
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @buildnshare - My shell is a bit smaller than yours, the scale for the rooms is smaller based on how I'm looking at the plans. But, hopefully that's all right! Makes it a bit more of a challenge, but it still fits the plan well.

I love when the challenge is based on a floor plan!
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    I'm curious.... does anyone else have issues with things disappearing? I'll be working in one room and go back to a room that I have already completed and things will be missing. Sometimes it is something small (for example on this build I have a set of candles that keep disappearing) other times it may be a larger piece. (i.e. a TV or bed). I don't use CC or mods, so I am unsure what could be causing it.
    @gmcrozier Yes, I have had things disappear. But in my case, it can be traced back to my use of the MOO cheat. Have you been using that?
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited February 2015
    @gmcrozier Yes me too, MOO cheat or Alt and adjust placement also does that. Thanks for the shell @BuildnShare, it also clarified quite a bit for me. Just one question. There is a door in the passageway leading off the kitchen, may we put a porch there or do we just leave that door out of the plan? Sorry 2 questions :) With our without foundation?
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @Karababy52 and @Issabella14 Yes I am currently using MOO in this build, but it has happened in builds that I don't use MOO in as well.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Nhicks wrote: »
    @buildnShare So we build the house shell, and decorate the kids room only? Sims too?
    Nope, the whole house is yours to do with as you please, but if you want to enter the room challenge, you need to have it uploaded separately and within the specified budget.

GArBA5W.jpg
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    @Karababy52 and @Issabella14 Yes I am currently using MOO in this build, but it has happened in builds that I don't use MOO in as well.

That must be quit frustrating. I wonder if the guru's know about that bug?
    Attention Established Entrants for #12 - Winter Designer Showdown

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    I have been gone for a will playing other games and doing RL stuff. I think I will get back to building again. I remember doing this one for Sims 3 so should not take me all that long to do. GL all can't wait to see what you all come up with.
    I have a few clarifications questions after looking at your shell @BuildnShare. So, first, we don't need a doorway or stairs to the side entrance/hallway or leave an opening there for shelving/coat rack or whatever those lines mean there? But we do need to close it off and leave a space for it? In the second bedroom, we don't need to have a double door closet area or a small closet in the foyer? We don't need to include doors to the master bedroom closets, but we have to leave the space for them?

There's an area in the Great Room that looks like it's designated for a fireplace, which you've closed and left the area for it. What exactly was that space meant to be? I had planned to put a fireplace there with a one space closed square on either side, is that okay? Lastly, no stairs leading off the deck, right? Or can I add them on the end by the screened porch?

I mostly need clarification about the closets. I'm guessing since we don't have any real objects for true closets, they're not necessary to include in this build. But it's confusing because in your example, some areas for closets were closed off and the space left, while others were removed and the extra space used to make a room bigger (ex. 2nd bedroom).

I have my shell built, windows, doors placed, house exterior/foundation painted and place holders set for appliances and plumbing, but I need clarification on the above before I can continue. Thanks! :)
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    What, wha, :D so all this time, all these years - at least sims 3 & 4 - there have been these build challenges going on, oh my goodness. So many amazing past entries too. I just want to get started now!

So noCC that's fine, how about cheats like move objects and change of object size, can I use buydebug.
    Can I use any architectural style I like (sorry if stupid question) I'm not used to using forums so sorry if this is all down somewhere else.

Love this :D
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I have a few clarifications questions after looking at your shell @BuildnShare. So, first, we don't need a doorway or stairs to the side entrance/hallway or leave an opening there for shelving/coat rack or whatever those lines mean there? But we do need to close it off and leave a space for it? In the second bedroom, we don't need to have a double door closet area or a small closet in the foyer? We don't need to include doors to the master bedroom closets, but we have to leave the space for them?

There's an area in the Great Room that looks like it's designated for a fireplace, which you've closed and left the area for it. What exactly was that space meant to be? I had planned to put a fireplace there with a one space closed square on either side, is that okay? Lastly, no stairs leading off the deck, right? Or can I add them on the end by the screened porch?

I mostly need clarification about the closets. I'm guessing since we don't have any real objects for true closets, they're not necessary to include in this build. But it's confusing because in your example, some areas for closets were closed off and the space left, while others were removed and the extra space used to make a room bigger (ex. 2nd bedroom).

I have my shell built, windows, doors placed, house exterior/foundation painted and place holders set for appliances and plumbing, but I need clarification on the above before I can continue. Thanks! :)

Ok, now I am really confused. :\ I have finished my house, it took me 3 days to do. Firstly my bathroom is bigger than your shell, @BuildnShare, and I have added a couple of partitioning walls in the large bathroom, also I have built all the closets according to the drawing. I have not furnished the house according to the plan, e.g. the kitchen is not laid out according to plan although the walls are as the plan is. I have built a bar where the stair are going to be and I have added a pool. The question is, was I allowed to do all this ?
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @Buildnshare - I put a small porch off the door on the right hand side of the house...it's not in the plans, though. But, I figure it's a side door, and the rest of the house is on a foundation, so I needed to put a little space for stairs to go down. Is that all right?
    I know there is a money cheat when you are playing. But how to I give the family more starting money pefor playing them? The budget is $250k but they start only with $24k.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @countrykris1play‌ I use the money cheat to gain access to homes. It's the only way to afford them. I place them on an open lot, then use the cheat then have them move into the home.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    misscbong wrote: »
    @Buildnshare - I put a small porch off the door on the right hand side of the house...it's not in the plans, though. But, I figure it's a side door, and the rest of the house is on a foundation, so I needed to put a little space for stairs to go down. Is that all right?

Yep that is what I have done. @BuildnShare, must the layout of the kitchen and bathrooms be exactly as it is on the plan and am I allowed to put partitioning wall in the house or not? I really just need to clarify that :)
    Ya I do that to but was just seeing if there was a way to set the amount for the saved gallery household. So if someone wants to download them and the house they have to right amount of funds to move in.

I wounder if this cheat would do the trick.

"Money X - Type Money 50000 or 1000000, whatever you like, and your family will have that amount exactly. This can be used to subtract funds, because it sets the money to whatever amount you specify."
    That is a big budget for a kids room. I have the room practically full of decorations and furniture and I'm only at $14,000

Room Challenge
    Create Kaiden's bedroom, your budget is $35,000.
    Sorry for the delay in answering your queries, things have been a little hectic here in RL...
    Karababy52 wrote: »

You can add stairs anywhere coming off the back deck, same for the front deck. No, no need for the closet space in the hallway. As for the closets in the master bedroom, I left them as a walk in wardrobe space (I would use an archway to leave the spaces open) as I figured that is what the plan was asking for. The closets in the 2nd bedroom I have not added as we have no way of making them.

The area for the fireplace is that closed off 3x1 space in the great room, the plan had equal amounts of space for the shelving as the fireplace area.

That's fine!

That is a big budget for a kids room. I have the room practically full of decorations and furniture and I'm only at $14,000

Room Challenge
    Create Kaiden's bedroom, your budget is $35,000.
    I know, the whole build has a huge budget, so go nuts!

GArBA5W.jpg

Yep that is what I have done. @BuildnShare, must the layout of the kitchen and bathrooms be exactly as it is on the plan and am I allowed to put partitioning wall in the house or not? I really just need to clarify that :)
    You do hot have to have the layout exactly the same, i.e. the kitchen doesn't need to be laid out as on the plan, as long as the walls are in the correct places. But I'm afraid no partitioning walls are allowed, the only exception is to add a small cubicle in the large bathroom for the toilet.

GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare No worries on the delay, I understand completely about having a hectic RL. ;) I've been working on landscaping while I waited, it's coming together slowly but surely. Now I can start working on decorating the inside too. Yay! \o/ Thank you so much for the clarifications!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top