Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

So Far: mkkMfjf.png In these challenges, I seem to suffer a distinct lack of imagination, everyone here is so inventive!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2017
    Am I understanding this correctly? There are 6 bedrooms but only 2 of the rooms have beds on them? And they need to be single beds?

And I'm not sure what a central foyer is? Is it like a room where all the other room connects to?
    @popettypop2012 - 2 single beds in the entire manor. Its to make it harder for the sims to refill their needs if they don't get the bonus round (If you use that rule.) Yes, the central foyer is the room which has entrances to all the ground floor rooms, think of it like a large entrance hall.

@Xinqun - sorry you're not going to be at your PC in time to complete this challenge :disappointed:

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you, @buildnshare . This house is going to be weird:)
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @FoundMarbles - that's part of the whole point of these challenges though, to inspire and encourage others with our own work. I can't tell you how many lightbulb moments I have had when looking through some of the creations in this thread!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    @BuildnShare Ah, I stand corrected.

If timing really works out, I might be able to slip something in at the last minute ... but even if not, there's nothing to say I can't build the mansion on my own. And if I end up doing that, I'd be able to give it all the beds it deserves....
  • Options

@BuildnShare Said " 2 single beds in the entire manor. Its to make it harder for the sims to refill their needs if they don't get the bonus round (If you use that rule.) Yes, the central foyer is the room which has entrances to all the ground floor rooms, think of it like a large entrance hall."

Oh, Goodness! I need to remake 4 "bedrooms"! I understood the 2 single beds but not the part about NO OTHER BEDS. I am glad I caught this!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS TO #BNS68 - Pastel Equinox Designer Showdown

Your results are now available here
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @FoundMarbles - I thought the same thing! I took it as 2 single bed bedrooms, and the rest double beds. Good thing you checked!
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Hey is it okay if i make two builds? Different interior in the kitchen and bedrooms. Because i cant do the challenge but i dont doing the interior for it(:
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    I tried my hand at a billiards room and shared it to the gallery. I skipped the pockets.

GuKjLvx.png

p1Iohsp.png
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @BuildnShare Sorry but I have another question. For the rooms that have no beds, what am I allowed to place in them? Can I put comfortable chairs? A dresser? A mirror? A stereo? Is there any restrictions?

Also, with the adjoining bathrooms? DO they all need to have a toilet, a sink and a shower?

Sorry, just making sure that I'm doing it right.

Oh, and do the bathrooms have to be decorated in all the different colours (purple, blue etc) or does the requirement only apply to the bedrooms?

Thanks and sorry for the questions.
  • Options
    @withlovejulien - Wow!!! What a great creation!!!
    @BuildnShare Sorry but I have another question. For the rooms that have no beds, what am I allowed to place in them? Can I put comfortable chairs? A dresser? A mirror? A stereo? Is there any restrictions?

Also, with the adjoining bathrooms? DO they all need to have a toilet, a sink and a shower?

Sorry, just making sure that I'm doing it right.

Oh, and do the bathrooms have to be decorated in all the different colours (purple, blue etc) or does the requirement only apply to the bedrooms?

Thanks and sorry for the questions.
    @popettypop2012 - Never worry about asking questions!! You can put anything else you like in the bedrooms, couch's, chairs, dressing tables etc. the brief is all about making it as difficult as possible for Sims to refill those needs bars. All the attached bathrooms need to have a toilet, a sink and someway of getting clean, be that a bath or a shower. As for the colour schemes in them, that one is up to you :wink:

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Hey is it okay if i make two builds? Different interior in the kitchen and bedrooms. Because i cant do the challenge but i dont doing the interior for it(:

@BuildnShare
  • Options
    edited May 2017

@BuildnShare
    @WiggleyTuff - Sorry I missed this, of course you can make two builds :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    OK--another question! The bedrooms are supposed to have fireplaces, too, right?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    OK--another question! The bedrooms are supposed to have fireplaces, too, right?
    Not necessary, all ground floor rooms, except the conservatory and the kitchen, require fireplaces.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS TO CHALLENGE #68 - PASTEL EQUINOX DESIGNER SHOWODWN

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Great! I actually didn't put them in because I was thinking of the bedrooms as "storage" or a "safe" room. Whew!

Congrats @SyddyB206 for winning and @Liz_GoBucks for a great entry!
  • Options
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS TO CHALLENGE #68 - PASTEL EQUINOX DESIGNER SHOWODWN

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    OK! Question about game play. The rooms they go into on their turn where they stay for 8 hours are the downstairs rooms? Or are the rooms randomly chosen from both the first floor and bedrooms?

I figured the sims might stay in the bedrooms at the start until their turn where they go to a first floor room and the bedrooms might be used for the bonus round to recover needs like bathroom and rest. Is that close?

Thanks!
  • Options
    To figure out play order and what rooms are next, I've been using the list randomize here: https://www.random.org/lists/

I just keep pressing "again" until Scarlet is first (other ways, too, but that was easiest for me).

For the rooms I just use whichever room shows up in the first position.

I hope you're enjoying the mansion! This is the first time I've ever deliberately killed Sims!
  • Options
    e1990re1990r Posts: 86 Member
    I am trying to complete this but I may not be able to. I am traveling this week and will be away from my computer. So, I will have to finish it today or not be able to upload for this challenge. :(
    But I will try.
  • Options

Official Entry Form

CHALLENGE #: 69 - Mr Boddy's Mansion
    FORUM ID:FoundMarbles
    ORIGIN ID:FoundMarbles
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Dangerous Domicile
    LOT COST:3000
    BUILD COST:277441
    TOTAL COST: 280441
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/soeL4
    ENTRY DETAILS: This "Dangerous Domicile" is poorly equipped with the cheapest appliances that could be had and NO Smoke Detector or sprinkler system as are generally found in my builds. It has an otherwise fairly conservative appeal in an antiquated style typical of early country mansions. Sadly, a person might die if they were to jump or be tossed into the pool as there is no exit ladder. Worse, a hapless Sim might be thrown onto the conservatory roof and break through the plate glass ceiling/roof even though it is said to be strong enough to dance on. Worse, an evil Sim could smash the glass while an other is standing on it. I would be very careful about walking around out there! I would also keep clear of the kitchen and get to bed very early so as to claim one of the rooms with a bed (And remember to lock the door!) There is a grand piano in the Foyer to provide music to the ball room if the doors are left open during events. If the Ball gets to stuffy, there is an other set of doors to the deck where one might get a breath of fresh air and enjoy the aroma of the abundance of flowers. The Study is the smallest room in the house, cosy but very functional.The Library has a "Treasure Map" and two world globes should anyone be inspired to try and find said treasure! The dining room is a generous 16 seater and the lounge will accommodate a hapless 13 at full capacity. The Billiards Room is equipped with lovely towels to remove the chalk from one's hands between plays. It really is a nicely appointed Billiards Room with every thing required for pleasant play or just convivial conversations.There are no carpets in the Lounge, dining room, ball room and finally no carpet in Billiard room, SO visitors had better walk carefully lest they suffer a slip & fall accident on all that slippery flooring! Finally, if nothing else kills a Sim, there are poisons a plenty in the conservatory. Money made it is modest by mansion standards! If a Sim were careful, they would very much enjoy a stay on this luxurant lot.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please!

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Severinka TSR Artist https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-study/title/billiards-set/id/1333689/

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Nq2RtMd.png
    IIoNbaU.png
  • Options
    @FoundMarbles Very treacherous! Lovely look to the home and all of the rooms. Great custom content! Perfect fit!!
  • Options

@withlovejulien :smiley: Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top